Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:53 am

Post by gorckat »

Pessimist should be -1 to lynch period. And always starts the day self-voting :twisted:
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Korts »

I remember reading one of the Post Restriction Mafias, with an optimist guy (has to say something along the lines of "everything's going great/we're gonna win/etc." in every post, but in context) and a pessimist guy (has to make a comment every post along the lines of "I don't wanna die/this is going so bad/we're gonna be killed/etc." in every post, in context). It was a pretty awesome PR to read. God bless GreenLiquid.
scumchat never die
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh yes. That was the game where DGB faked a post restriction consisting entirely of emoticons, no?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Korts »

I think that was a different game in the series. There was more than one PR Mafia.
scumchat never die
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Mokina »

You are a
Mood Swing Cop
. You begin the game with GreenLiquid's Pessimist post restriction. If you find a guilty result during the night, you become a GL Optimist. If you come back empty-handed, you become a Pessimist again. You win with the town.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:55 am

Post by shaft.ed »

You are a
Coder
. You must post entirely in Morse Code. If you are targeted for a Night Kill on any night you will be informed, an can send an S.O.S. to any player in the game to try to get help. In addition to their slected target, they will also target you and perform whatever action their role indicate.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Korts »

shaft.ed wrote:You are a
Coder
. You must post entirely in Morse Code. If you are targeted for a Night Kill on any night you will be informed, an can send an S.O.S. to any player in the game to try to get help. In addition to their slected target, they will also target you and perform whatever action their role indicate.
... and the vigilante swoops in to help through the kitchen window, and empties his revolver into the Coder's chest, hoping to revive him.
scumchat never die
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by Booker »

You mean like the doctor who can heal every variety of murder to such an extent that there are no visible signs it happened, and doesn't remember if they did so or not? Nor does the victim?

I find it's better to play fast-and-loose with the flavour...
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

You are a
Suicidal gunman who
just can't do it

You really want to die, but you just don't have the cojones. So once per game you can give another person your gun with one round in it, giving them the ability to daykill once. You win only if they shoot you with your gun.

Suggested players: DGB
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:26 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Lord Gurgi wrote:You are a
Suicidal gunman who
just can't do it

You really want to die, but you just don't have the cojones. So once per game you can give another person your gun with one round in it, giving them the ability to daykill once. You win only if they shoot you with your gun.

Actually this could work as a Hider-ish. Each night you give another player in the game the ability to kill you. You can infer innocence at least form the people that don't. If you claim your role you are removed from the game to undergo therapy (ie modkilled).
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:39 am

Post by gorckat »

I'd love to read that endgame between him and a Goon.

Goon: Oh, cool! I get to daykill the last player!
DAYKILL: Bob

Bob: Winner winner chicken dinner!
Goon:...
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

gorckat wrote:I'd love to read that endgame between him and a Goon.

Goon: Oh, cool! I get to daykill the last player!
DAYKILL: Bob

Bob: Winner winner chicken dinner!
Goon:...
Doh I forgot to indicate that my rendition would be town aligned
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

shaft.ed wrote:
Suicidal gunman who
just can't do it

Actually this could work as a Hider-ish. Each night you give another player in the game the ability to kill you. You can infer innocence at least form the people that don't. If you claim your role you are removed from the game to undergo therapy (ie modkilled).
I actually like this idea and how it would apply to said role. This role no longer looks so bad when applying it to a town win condition.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

PokerFace wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Suicidal gunman who
just can't do it

I actually like this idea and how it would apply to said role. This role no longer looks so bad when applying it to a town win condition.
It should be compulsive then.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:19 am

Post by shaft.ed »

yes, but with the allowance for repeat targeting in case of tight end games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with the two posts above this. That would all make it a useful town role assuming you can track the guns chance for use based on the number of people that die each night should you not be the guns target.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are
Original
. No matter what you do, you have to do it first! Thusly, you cannot use any word previously said in this game except of course vote, lynch, any player's name, FoS, HoS, a, and, the, he, she, and other various common words. If you aren't sure of a word, just ask the mod. Also, being original, you can target anyone and do something unique to them every night. However, if you target someone who's already been targetted, you get targetted by your ability.

Mod note: Ability kills the target in some unique manner...and this game also happens to have a nexus.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you can't quote anyone either.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Korts »

That really, really sucks. If the game goes on long enough, the Original won't be able to say anything of relevance. I think this is truly a worst.
very
sweet! :P

plus, after about three-four pages, the research put into every sentence would be amazing.
scumchat never die
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Mokina »

You are the
Town Mute

I'm sorry about this medical condition. Really, it must be hard for you. From an early age it was known that you were unable to speak. You can still point at people with your FoS or HoS. You can still cast votes. And you can still quote other people, but that's pretty much the only way you're ever going to express yourself.

I'm sorry.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Korts »

Mokina wrote:You are the
Town Mute

I'm sorry about this medical condition. Really, it must be hard for you. From an early age it was known that you were unable to speak. You can still point at people with your FoS or HoS. You can still cast votes. And you can still quote other people, but that's pretty much the only way you're ever going to express yourself.

I'm sorry.
modnote:
the other players have a PR of having to say "I'm sorry" directed at the town mute at least three times every post.
scumchat never die
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:14 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That really, really sucks. If the game goes on long enough, the Original won't be able to say anything of relevance. I think this is truly a worst. very sweet! Razz

plus, after about three-four pages, the research put into every sentence would be amazing.
Oh yeah. I could just imagine how many reference tabs they have open playing that game. By the end they'd likely make a code out of the few words they can say for parts of speech and such :P. Ooh...and throw in another role cannot repeat a word in a post. They can repeat words over the game, but in a single post it has to be all different words :P.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Vi »

Mokina wrote:You are the
Town Mute

I'm sorry.
This can actually be a very effective GOOD role idea. I've seen a similar role performed with amazing results.

-----------------------------------
You are
Pinocchio
. But seriously, quit kidding yourself. You're nothing close to a real boy. But there's still the hope that if you do a good thing - like helping the Town win - that you might get your wish and your dream to come true...

You are a Vanilla Townie, and win with the Town. However, you must either roleclaim Day 1 or softclaim that you are Pinocchio with the phrase "real boy" on Day 1.
You are
Geppetto
. That's your name, and puppeteering is your game. For that reason, you've got your life's goals set as a member of the Mafia with ____ and _____.

You have made a doll named Pinocchio, and you recognize him hiding out in this town as ______. At any time, you may PM the Moderator to increase Pinocchio's nose size. The moderator will announce in-thread that Pinocchio's nose has gotten bigger. If you wish, you may paste in a quote from the game in your PM, and the moderator will repeat this quote before announcing the increase in nose size. For instance:
Moderator wrote:
Pinocchio wrote:Of course I'm innocent!
_____'s nose has increased in length to the size of a baseball bat.
You win when the Mafia at least equals the Town in number.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Norinel »

Poking around everyone's mail might do some good...

You are an
Inbox Snoop
. Each night, you may choose one living player, and receive the first sentence of their role PM. If you investigate a player you've already investigated, you receive the first sentence you haven't seen already. You win with the town.
Mod notes: Every role PM has a first sentence of flavor that doesn't give much role info. The Godfather PM looks like this:
If only you could do something about the mafia problem...

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have no special abilities, so try to find the scum during the day. You win with the town.

Just kidding! You're actually the
Mafia Godfather
(etc)
The Goon PM looks like this:
Seems like it's finally time to move in!

You are a
Mafia Goon.
You may communicate with your partners at night. It's your Godfather's responsibility to submit a nightkill decision, but if he dies, it falls to you. You win if your family is guaranteed to outlast everyone else.

Your partners are: X (The Godfather), Y, and Z.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Crazy »

The only bad part about that is that it would lead into really grey territory about quoting role PMs.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by MrStrife »

Congratulations! You are the
Self-Roleblocker
. You may not roleblock others players. Every night you must PM me saying that you are going to roleblock yourself. By roleblocking yourself you will cause a time paradox and automatically kill every pro-town player left in the game. If you do not PM me, I will mod-kill five other pro-town powerroles. (Or, if there are no other powerroles remaining, you and 4 vanilla townies will die). You win with the town.

Good luck!
Congratulations! You are
The Warm Side of the Pillow.
Nobody likes you and therefore you have decided to kill everyone else. At any point in the game you can post "FLIP" and any cop for the next five days will solely get innocent investigations on you, trackers will get reports that you visited no one even if that isn't the case, anybody who tries to roleblock you or protect a target you intend to kill will be killed (If it's a doctor, then the doctor dies along with the target), and anybody who doesn't talk about how "cool" you are for the next two (game) days in every single post will be modkilled. Anybody that votes for you during these two days will be day-killed. You win when all the other players are dead, or nothing can prevent this. Good luck!
Congratulations! You are
Alan Colmes.
You may communicate with
Sean Hannity
, who is username
X
. You know that he is alligned with the Mafia, but if you say so in the thread, the town instantly loses. Every time that Sean Hannity lies about anything, you will be informed by me via PM, but not be able to correct him, or else you will be modkilled and the Mafia will get three extra kills every night. You may only make five posts every Day, and none of them can directly respond to a post made by the Sean Hannity player, or you will be modkilled, and become a Death Miller. You win with the town. Good luck!
Congratulations! You are the
Active Lurker
. You may make no posts longer than 20 words, and if you do, you will be mod-killed. You will be prodded every 24 hours if you do not make a post longer than 20 words that day. You win with the town. Good luck!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”