He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1117, chkflip wrote:
In post 1109, pisskop wrote:
In post 1105, Doctor Drew wrote:Why chk?
They leave a sour taste in my mouth.

It feels like its a phoned in experience. The questions theyre asking, the hard defending of the alch slot, and not really holding a real SR of their own.
In post 1110, pisskop wrote:oh, gobbles, you should do something please.
> "chk has no scum reads"
> "hey chk's scum read post plz"

FUCKING WHAT
So your scum read is the person who has barely posted?

Probably scum reading Pine as well.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by chkflip »

Pine is a lurksack. gook isn't.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by username »

In post 1107, Iecerint wrote:
In post 928, username wrote:Literally claimed it way earlier and no one batted an eyelash or complained but by all means tell me how to play mafia
To be honest I am actually reading and I don't know what your role is at this point in my read for some reason.

Vanilly Hillbilly

Vanilly with a Y
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Logicalicaltist »

In post 1101, pisskop wrote:lool

so im sring chkflip and kinda still 50.
So what made you change your read on 50?
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:02 pm

In post 1119, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1116, Iecerint wrote:
In post 951, Almost50 wrote:Now, with Alch's claimed win-con (assuming it is true).
Did he actually claim a win-con? I only remember him saying he gets *goodness* by being targeted at night.
I get a 1-shot copy of any non-factional abilities that target me and my wincon is to use 2 of those 1-shot copies.
^
Let the 3P prove themselves please, instead of getting rid of them without giving them a chance first.
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:03 pm

In post 1126, chkflip wrote:Pine is a lurksack. gook isn't.
Gook is close to it.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1038, TemporalLich wrote: and

These could have been written off as D1 memes, but the defensiveness and psychological projection means these are 95% actual scumslips

(if not, we still might be better off misliminating drew than correctly eliminating Alch)

pedit: I'm saying you're anti-town
DD is just the tip of the iceberg for anti-town posting in this game. I do not understand how these posts differentiate DD from >50% of the playerbase. Why do you think that they do?
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

I thought I saw scumminess in the general uninhibited posting, given that this is NAI-town for Drew I've decided to remove my SR on Drew
time will end
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1131, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1038, TemporalLich wrote: and

These could have been written off as D1 memes, but the defensiveness and psychological projection means these are 95% actual scumslips

(if not, we still might be better off misliminating drew than correctly eliminating Alch)

pedit: I'm saying you're anti-town
DD is just the tip of the iceberg for anti-town posting in this game. I do not understand how these posts differentiate DD from >50% of the playerbase. Why do you think that they do?
He is town, I think.

But, I don't get why my posts are anti-town.

They are completely Pro-fun.

Pre Edit: This is why I think Temp is town.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1049, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1004, Elsa Jay wrote:Why do you assume he's a liar as a 3p? I lie more as a townie then I ever did as a 3p.
I lie much more as town than I ever do as SCUM! :lol:
^ Case in point for generalized anti-town posting this game.

Pedit: OK. Uh. Why do you think that disinhibition is scummy? That's the opposite of what I would generally expect someone to infer, but it sounds like it is what you think.

PPedit: Yes, I actually think he is town, too. But, I have suddenly found some of his thinking bizarre 5 pages ago (but not before really AFAIR).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1096, username wrote:
In post 1094, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1092, Almost50 wrote:Why not a PGO?? I mean, THAT would be the first idea to hit my mind when I see someone asking to be targeted.
Yes, that too. He could be PGO.
Or aesthetic reflexive cult recruiter

He could literally be any number of things and I find it bizarre that people are taking his claim at face value
I thought about cult too! I know that is not the point of your post but I feel special to have wondered the same thing (even if you criticized the thought and rejected it)!

I think his role is probably likely to be related to his claim in some way, because it is an awfully bullshit claim (or role). But I think I have tried to resist posting my private theories until you enabled me! (Maybe it's all social contagion?)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1114, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1109, pisskop wrote:not really holding a real SR of their own.
Frankly most of the people in this game are guilty of that.
Something about you is so charming.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1129, Logicalicaltist wrote:Let the 3P prove themselves please, instead of getting rid of them without giving them a chance first.
The 3P isn't in a position to prove anything interesting about themselves, and it would take until D3 at the earliest, and scum will obviously interfere with this at this point and keep it from working, so it will take longer vs be easy to feign it taking longer.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Iecerint »

OK, well, I read it.

A50 continues his style change since after I made him angry. I'm not sure what to make of it, but he does seem less scummy now.

Alchemist would be a fine lynch. It's hard to get excited but it's silly to be upset about it. I used to be offput by DGB's ZEAL, but it's less spooky than outrage about it.

DD has seemed non-specifically more scummy as the thread continues, but the rate of people saying that he is scummy as town as gone up proportional to the increase in the scummy behavior. So I don't know what to make of that.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1138, Iecerint wrote:OK, well, I read it.

A50 continues his style change since after I made him angry. I'm not sure what to make of it, but he does seem less scummy now.

Alchemist would be a fine lynch. It's hard to get excited but it's silly to be upset about it. I used to be offput by DGB's ZEAL, but it's less spooky than outrage about it.

DD has seemed non-specifically more scummy as the thread continues, but the rate of people saying that he is scummy as town as gone up proportional to the increase in the scummy behavior. So I don't know what to make of that.
Literally read the Hectic quote in my sig.

Takes a few games to understand TownDrew.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1137, Iecerint wrote:
In post 1129, Logicalicaltist wrote:Let the 3P prove themselves please, instead of getting rid of them without giving them a chance first.
The 3P isn't in a position to prove anything interesting about themselves, and it would take until D3 at the earliest, and scum will obviously interfere with this at this point and keep it from working, so it will take longer vs be easy to feign it taking longer.
I can only think of 3 ways for scum to interfere here, and I am listing them down from
least
likely to most likely:

1- Scum have a Rolestopper to prevent Alch from getting gifts (I don't think this mod uses Rolestoppers, hence it's least likely, although the most efficient)

2- Scum can shoot him (in which case he's eating a bullet for the town. Good reason to keep alive today)

3- Scum can RB/JK Alch (and AGAIN that's him taking a Block off a town folk)

I say 3 is more likely than too only because if I was scum I would never waste my NK on a claimed 3P unless they were a threat to my win con AND there was no other way around it. So, unless scum do NOT have a Roleblocker AND they suspect Alch may receive something powerful (a Cop shot for instance) and that he is likely to use it on one of them, I say killing him isn't optimal play from Scum PoV.

The question is whether a "strong" TPR is willing to take the rsik targeting Alch, not only because it could be a trap, but also because it's a "delayed" night action (Alch will be using it the NEXT night), and that actually is one more reason why Scum won't shoot Alch tonight at the very least.

But what am I arguing? You guys want to go down the least optimal route on D1 and the idea is gaining momentum! :facepalm:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Rereading my own post I feel like only Drixx/cerb would have analyzed this the way I did. I feel so proud of myself now. :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by Lavender »

Oof, forgot about the game for a bit.
|.o) So many pages...
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1130, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 1126, chkflip wrote:Pine is a lurksack. gook isn't.
Gook is close to it.
Let me reiterate: I've known Pine to lurk out games as either alignment, so for that slot it's really NAI; however, I've
never
seen gobbledygook lurk out games as either alignment. So that's a major concern for me at this point in time, especially so because he popped back in to ask one slot an incredibly arbitrary question.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:03 am

Post by Vecna »

VOTE: chkflip

Ill try to catchup on what Ive been missing out on sometime soon. Busy with moving and job hunting. Going to continue to listen to the gut here, since its still need really been satiated, and there were a few pingles and trickles of towny stuff in the frustrated drew posts.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:38 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

YOU
NEVER
DO
THAT

NEVER
NEVER
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:39 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1144, Vecna wrote:VOTE: chkflip

Ill try to catchup on what Ive been missing out on sometime soon. Busy with moving and job hunting. Going to continue to listen to the gut here, since its still need really been satiated, and there were a few pingles and trickles of towny stuff in the frustrated drew posts.
Come on just vote Alch21
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1145, DrippingGoofball wrote:
YOU
NEVER
DO
THAT

NEVER
NEVER
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1140, Almost50 wrote:But what am I arguing? You guys want to go down the least optimal route on D1 and the idea is gaining momentum! :facepalm:
Set ups are on average balanced so that claiming on day 1 is unwise. While it is possible that this does not apply to this game, it is reasonable to infer that scum have a way of messing with open plans to break the game at night. And, if he is lying, regardless of his alignment (other3p vs scum), then none of that matters.

Scum are never going to kill the 3rd party at night. That is a bizarre fantasy. For one, he is an easy "non-scum" elimination during the day. For two, 3ps have a higher rate of night kill protection than other roles. And he won't be killed if he's scum.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Iecerint »

I don't see A50 happening today given his new perkiness, and I don't know what to make of his new perkiness.

VOTE: Alchemist

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”