Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1060, beeboy wrote:I don't think Starbuck is town, I was voting Votato before he got banned, but I agree with the above.
Feels weird lynching a slot that caught up just recently.
Caught up recently is charitable. I don't know, just like it's not like they replaced in yesterday. So I don't really see the hesitation there.

Is it irrational to worried Midway might be a role that wins by being voted out?

@Starbuck I'm still confused, can you explain how my late entry into the game has any bearing on what I said about Beeboys entry?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by midwaybear »

ok, I see the argument against her. I'm hesitant to vote because of meta.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1075, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Is it irrational to worried Midway might be a role that wins by being voted out?
nice shade
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1076, midwaybear wrote:ok, I see the argument against her. I'm hesitant to vote because of meta.
Do you just plan to sit on Dunnstral till the end of the day? Not pushing it and just avoid interacting with Nahdia or Starbuckwagons?

What's the meta?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1077, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1075, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Is it irrational to worried Midway might be a role that wins by being voted out?
nice shade
I mean is it? The prevailing consensus on you is too scummy to be scum.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I scumread her in the last game, so I'm hesitant to scumread her this game. It's sorta like why people are avoiding voting me this game.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I'll probably vote skitter or nahdia later.
I townread votato so that is also a reason I don't really want to vote starbuck.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1080, midwaybear wrote:I scumread her in the last game, so I'm hesitant to scumread her this game. It's sorta like why people are avoiding voting me this game.
I assume that means they were town last game.

What is that they are doing similarly here as they did there?
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 1065, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1046, Raven Branwen wrote:I think it’s very interesting that you’re sr both Nahdia and Star who aren’t tr you but not Drusilla? And what happened to Dunn aa a counter? You seemed to have dropped that entirely.

What is the difference between Nahdia/Star and Drusilla? Answer: Drusilla isn’t pushing me. That said, I strongly disagree with her Kanna read.
wut
it's not like i townread people because they're townreading me

dru not pushing you doesn't make sense as a reason to townread her? i don't even know what you're saying here
I not saying it is but that is one thing that differentiates her from Nahdia and Star, correct? She has not really given any kind of read on my slot yet.

Speaking of, @Drusilla, what is your read on me?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1052, Clover Ebi wrote:@Raven/Nahdia do you see how the way you guys are playing around each other could be considered buddying to some extent?
On a surface level, sure. That's not the sticking point here though. The point is that the way skitter has read the two of us has consistently been weird/agenda driven.

First she reads us as partners, despite having no independent read on Raven. Then I point out the issue there, so she decides I'm WKing her. And now at the very least, we can't be TvT. She townreads Raven (though has also thrown some random shade like in ) but if I flip town, she'll apparently reassess Raven.

I get that you think this spat is clogging up the thread here but like, the deadline is coming and I know who I want to push down that well.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Picking weird arguments, and bad tone. Her tone was pretty defensive to me last time similar to this game, and I feel like the arguments she's been making are also similarly bad to last game. I sense emotion and it is probably townie emotion based on the meta.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 1033, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1029, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 1023, lilith2013 wrote:I feel like Raven should feel more paranoid about you defending her so strongly and instead kind of took your motives for granted
Why? I don’t see that at all. I
’m also becoming more and more confident that Nahdia is town. She just went from looking to a counterwagon to Skittter to hard doubling down on Skitter. How much more anti-survivalist can you possibly get?

I think this is a really bad take, bad as in not making sense to me at all. Why should I be remotely paranoid of a slot hard defending me that I am feeling more and more confident is town? In what world does that make an iota of sense to you?

What do you think about Star’s thinking you and Skitter are tagteaming because I’m seriously starting to wonder about that as well?
like does this not look like a werid reaction to anybody else ... ?
Somehow I missed this. I think you’re missing my point. While seeking a counterwagon to yourself is NAI. it read to me as if her doubling down on you was anti-survivalistic, because it’s probably a lot easier to get the counterwagon lynched. Do you not see that, so how is this “weird”?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by midwaybear »

isn't skitter the counterwagon though?
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 1036, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1029, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 1023, lilith2013 wrote:I feel like Raven should feel more paranoid about you defending her so strongly and instead kind of took your motives for granted
Why? I don’t see that at all. I’m also becoming more and more confident that Nahdia is town. She just went from looking to a counterwagon to Skittter to hard doubling down on Skitter. How much more anti-survivalist can you possibly get?

I think this is a really bad take, bad as in not making sense to me at all. Why should I be remotely paranoid of a slot hard defending me that I am feeling more and more confident is town? In what world does that make an iota of sense to you?

What do you think about Star’s thinking you and Skitter are tagteaming because I’m seriously starting to wonder about that as well?
At the time you had no read on nahdia and were verbalizing how much difficulty you had reading them. If someone were to come in defending me the way nahdia did, I’d feel pretty paranoid that they had ulterior motives for doing so. And look, you’re now townreading nahdia so if it was scum!nahdia then the move worked to start pocketing you and if it was town!nahdia then I’m right and your not being paranoid is suspicious.

Re: Starbuck, I think Starbuck is kinda scummy and votato was pretty scummy. Starbuck has been shading me basically since I announced that I was no longer townreading her slot, so I don’t really put a lot of stock in how she is painting me and skitter. As for my actual opinion on me and skitter, she definitely knows my scumgame the best out of the people in this game and she’s probably second-most familiar with my scumgame out of people on this site. I don’t see any issue with her townreading me so hard when my scumgame is vastly vastly different from my towngame and she would recognize that. I think it’s natural to look to a person that you strongly townread for guidance/for help/whatever in a game where you need to identify other town and work together with them, and people trying to shade us for that when it’s a major winning point for town is really off. Like I think skitter has a really strong towngame and I think I have a decent towngame as well, and scum are probably afraid that we’ve townlocked each other because that means it’s a very very uphill battle for them. I think it could be suspicious if skitter was trying to create a townbloc and put herself in it but she hasn’t done anything of the sort.

tldr, I now want to vote Starbuck
Please explain to me why my logically valid reasoning that you are apparently being so obtuse about would be “suspicious” if she’s town? For you to accuse Star of shading is rich when you are doing that to me here. I have clearly presented my reasoning for tr Nahdia. Yes I didn’t initially and yes, I was confused on her but ever since she’s been wagoned, her reaction to that has been consistently townie and for someone who’s literally a accusing another slot of shading, well all I have to say about that is. “glass houses”.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 1087, midwaybear wrote:isn't skitter the counterwagon though?
She was trying to find another one before doubling down on Skitter. My point was that she had much better chances of avoiding the lynch if she pushed for a different wagon than Skitter, so I read her doubling down on Skitter as town indicative, because it increases her chances of being lynched.

Bolded for Lillith who apparently isn’t reading my posts.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 1085, midwaybear wrote:Picking weird arguments, and bad tone. Her tone was pretty defensive to me last time similar to this game, and I feel like the arguments she's been making are also similarly bad to last game. I sense emotion and it is probably townie emotion based on the meta.
Link?
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 1090, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 1085, midwaybear wrote:Picking weird arguments, and bad tone. Her tone was pretty defensive to me last time similar to this game, and I feel like the arguments she's been making are also similarly bad to last game. I sense emotion and it is probably townie emotion based on the meta.
Link?
Subject: Mini Theme 2145: The Weakest Link Game over
Starbuck wrote:And what the gif is illustrating is that I think you're flailing. Again, an attack on your game play and not on you as a person. Like I said in the Quiz PT, I'm not attacking you by saying that your guilty pleasure is MMMBop on repeat. I'm solely pointing out issues in what you are saying about the game and how you are acting in the game.

I'm not attacking you like ABR went after me. You're scummy and you're continuing to be scummy and you aren't changing my mind by continuing to act so infantile.
Don’t know if this is it but both Star and spring were town in that.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

Sorry to spam but @beeboy, you were in TWL, so I don’t understand how you think Star is playing differently here. Dunn was too and I’d like to hear his read on Star.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

To be fair, spring was toxic AF in that game and was also recently banned. I wasn't the only one that she was putting through the ringer and wholly made the game unenjoyable for a number of people.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 1092, Raven Branwen wrote:Sorry to spam but @beeboy, you were in TWL, so I don’t understand how you think Star is playing differently here. Dunn was too and I’d like to hear his read on Star.
Meta doesn't really work based on a sample of one. I don't really know what similarities or differences to look for.
Starbuck could be playing in an entirely different manner and I wouldn't actually be able to call her scum for it.

That's my read if you are asking for my opinion on meta.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 1075, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1060, beeboy wrote:I don't think Starbuck is town, I was voting Votato before he got banned, but I agree with the above.
Feels weird lynching a slot that caught up just recently.
Caught up recently is charitable. I don't know, just like it's not like they replaced in yesterday. So I don't really see the hesitation there.

Is it irrational to worried Midway might be a role that wins by being voted out?

@Starbuck I'm still confused, can you explain how my late entry into the game has any bearing on what I said about Beeboys entry?
I wouldn't worry about 3rd parties, typically letting them win doesn't harm town anyway.
Maybe I am being charitable then, I'd have to review Starbucks further but I am already open to voting them if push comes to shove anyway.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I like Tuxedo sorting Nahdia in 987/991. I feel like he's being fair to them

I am starting to feel more confident in midway being town. It's the same old but i just find it hard to believe scum!midway says stuff like "glazed over Kanna's posting" and "Eh sorting Kanna isn't a priority, she's not getting lynched anyways" -- I don't know how to explain this exactly, it's just an apathetic tone that i'd be surprised for scum to take.
In post 999, Clover Ebi wrote:I agree with midway that Tuxs questions in 855 feel like asking for the sake of asking than genuinely wanting/following up on an answer.
In post 855, Tuxedo Mask wrote:I feel this in my bones. Sorry, guys, I think I'm having trouble transitioning from Micro to this. Trying my best to keep up. Anyways...

UNVOTE: Lilith

Sorry, it took so long, but I've just been trying to get to the bottom of some strange anomalies I saw in an overall townie ISO. Most especially was what I view as a scum slip. I think Lilith's answers to my questions were very good, especially since I had to spell out it was a scum slip for her to notice. I think if it was an actual scum slip, scum would have noticed what I mean the first time I highlighted that quote. Also the general frustration I'm picking up from their posts seems townie.

@Kanna, Nahdia, and Raven, why are you voting Skitter? It seems odd that Skitter points out that she thinks Nahdia and Raven might be scum together, and they both end up voting her together.

@Morning where are you at? You're a strong town read from earlier in the game but you've fallen off with being busy. Can I get a quick update on what's going on?

@Lilith how's your revaluation going? I don't feel Morning Tweet is scum. Also, I don't think we've had a wagon get over 3 votes all-day 1 which we should fix. I'd like to quardinate on my top two town reads for this. Skitter can be there too I think, I like Skitter.
It kind of reads to me that Tux is having trouble parsing through the thread so he's getting tldrs from people. I think the idea of what you're saying is true, but I think his motivation is more likely to be that he feels like he needs to contribute but is having difficulty doing so, so he asks a bunch of questions to try and get direct info rather than try a huge reread

Of course, it's possible the reason he's having trouble is because he's scum, and he's not used to that -- although im inclined to think it's the length/pace of the game. So the base of observation is correct but i dont think it's negatively AI
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1075, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Starbuck I'm still confused, can you explain how my late entry into the game has any bearing on what I said about Beeboys entry?
I missed this earlier.

I've already been over it. I think it's hypocritical of you to chastise someone's entry to the game when you didn't even post the first time until 8 hours after the thread had been open. I think you used it to mask your late entry into the game and to try gain early town cred. Some folks are reading you as town. However, I'm not quite sure on you because you still can't admit that your push there has significant faults and not to mention the opportunism behind it all.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1006, Starbuck wrote:Not for today, it was just something that I wanted to bring up in regards to Tux vs beeboy. I just think it's rich to get all irate at beeboy's entrance, when the thread was open for an hour, when you're coming in for the first time nearly 8 hours later. It feels like Tux wanted to make a bold statement with his late entry to the thread. He did, but it wasn't a good one because I don't know how you shade someone's entrance when you're entering the game way later than them. Simply, I'm not sure if it points to Tux's noobishness as a player or a bad scum case. Time will tell.

I also don't think failing to consider timestamps = throwing shade real fast. I think he wanted to throw shade real fast and didn't consider how long the game had been open when beeboy posted. The lack of attention to detail there is what bothers me. I think he was looking for an easy way to enter the thread and deliver on something given that he was so late to the game.
I don't think Tux as scum would feel extra motivation to try and do something bold to attack someone really quickly -- but you make a fair point that he as scum might feel like he'd need to deliver something to make up for him being late.

i am not super swayed by him not realizing the time frame, I personally don't check timestamps hardly ever, just the post numbers. Maybe i'm in the minority though
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1009, skitter30 wrote:i really don't think tux's approach to beeboy was unfair or unreasonable given that beeboy at taht point indicated that he was reading the game (he knew that nobody had responded to his 'hi' post). i'm not sure i agree with his take, but i believe it's a real one that he actually believes
I agree that he believes his case and am willing to accept that he just saw it vastly different from the majority of the thread -- If anything perhaps Tux!scum reads more carefully as to not upset everyone, to be honest.

I think that's an equally valid conclusion to him hastily trying to make up for being late. After all, what is an extra small amount of time to factcheck the case, see what the thread is thinking, etc. compared to however many hours he was already late

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”