Micro 952 - The Coalition: ItGBSMoD [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:43 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1893, Klick wrote:I think I'm a more viable execute than Chemist is
I’m not sure I agree with this and one of the main things I’m concerned about is that idk if this is more likely straightforward play or if it’s a big brain play where there’s 2 scum on and they’ve killed on to encourage the likelihood of off-coalition kills after we lynch scum on coalition

But I think that’s probably wrong and it does just mean there’s 1 on 1 off
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 1407, Alduskkel wrote:Dude don't self hammer, that's blatantly anti-town
In post 1410, Alduskkel wrote:If you don't self-hammer then there's a good chance you won't get hammered at all.
At this point Aldus had made no commitment to the position that Koba is town, not D2 anyway.
In post 1426, Alduskkel wrote:i really doubt that but part of me wants to anyway since it'd spare datisi the hassle of finding a replacement lmao
He still opts not to hammer Koba, even though the gamestate would've permitted it.
He then proceeds to complain about having no clout and insisting that a Pooky lynch is what he wants.
In post 1479, Alduskkel wrote:sorry I got distracted playing brawlhalla

anyway I still think we should lynch pooky
SS and deimos still town
DC scummy but off coalition so eh
koba/chemist most likely town
moderate townread on you
mixed feelings about wug and clover

would like to hear more from chemist, particularly his reads on SS and clover. I doubt I'll change my mind on SS but I'm interested in a different PoV. Also this was a decent point
In post 1572, Alduskkel wrote:how much ya wanna bet that clover is the counterwagon to a scum!pooky?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Klick »

Frankly Aldus is just town after yesterday IMO I felt like he was joining me as a voice of reason
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:47 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Okay, that’s fairly compelling
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:48 am

Post by DonCorleone »

If the team here is both of you then I think you’ve played really well but boy am I gonna be pissed
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:50 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Consider my vote spiritually on pooky but I won’t be making it concrete until everyone has commented on who they think is scum in the case that pooky does flip town + what they think of the NK
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Klick »

I'm already pissed regardless of your alignment :P yesterday drove me insane.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Deimos27 »

He wasn't committed to town!Koba, but he didn't hammer it.
He wasn't committed to town!Clover, but he didn't feel a need to join it.
His push on Pooky started too soft to be a planned hardbus for towncred, but wasn't soft or ambivalent
enough
to have intended for other wagons to go through without assistance.
Then he had no need to be present EoD and fight hard for Pooky when it's a strictly superior outcome to just lurk as people settle on Clover and go after Pooky today.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:53 am

Post by Deimos27 »

I started typing before you two agreed that he's town so posted it anyway cause effort going to waste is sad ^
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:54 am

Post by Klick »

I do feel like Pooky/Sleeper shouldn't be out of the question, but I find it a bit unlikely due to how much
urgency
it felt like Pooky had yesterday, plus just Sleeper being pretty towny
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:55 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Regarding that: I think part of the reason it seems weird is that while chem had pooky in his pool, he was at the very bottom of it for preference. I think scum!pooky might just think he’s going down today regardless, in which case if his partner is outside it makes sense to keep the pool as large as possible. But like if that’s the case then wug seems like the person who would obviously be executed, and so idk if it makes sense that pooky would throw away one of the only people who might not want him dead today as a priority

I’m not saying we act on this btw, I find it unlikely that we had two competing wagons on town yesterday (although if we did I would imagine there was almost certainly one scum on each wagon) and so flipping pooky seems fine, and then I’m happy to proceed with executing wug — I just had a game where I pushed for killing someone else instead of the obvscum because I thought that person was trying to setup for the obvscum flipping green, while the answer was actually that the obvscum was just scum — I just think this should all be mentioned
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:00 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1906, Klick wrote:I'm already pissed regardless of your alignment :P yesterday drove me insane.
Eh, sorry. I really liked pooky’s “if I’m dying anyway speech”. Second time I’ve been caught off guard by scum doing that fairly recently, assuming pooky!scum

Fwiw you nearly got what you wanted: I was waiting with a vote for pooky in my ctrl+v and if deimos had been a minute slower I would have hammered pooky
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:00 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Yeah that's one of my concerns about the current solve too. A Pooky/Wug team should know that they most likely lose if Pooky gets executed, so the NK-on-coalition -and-give-up strat seems suboptimal.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 1911, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 1906, Klick wrote:I'm already pissed regardless of your alignment :P yesterday drove me insane.
Eh, sorry. I really liked pooky’s “if I’m dying anyway speech”. Second time I’ve been caught off guard by scum doing that fairly recently, assuming pooky!scum

Fwiw you nearly got what you wanted: I was waiting with a vote for pooky in my ctrl+v and if deimos had been a minute slower I would have hammered pooky
A minute slower? I hammered with less than a minute left to deadline!
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Decided I'm not playing chicken cause this could be scum!DC and then we get no info at all.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:03 am

Post by DonCorleone »

This is why I’m now basically locktown on deimos, btw: scum!him could have not hammered (thinking i was gone) received no blame for it (or no more than you + aldus) and I think a no lynch in a situation like that is very + scum — you get to force the situation again on the second day and the apathy helps kill town

So deimos being willing to hammer his non-preferred wagon for the sake of the game (but pushing it to the edge to try to get me to capitulate) seemed very town to me
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:04 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1913, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 1911, DonCorleone wrote:

A minute slower? I hammered with less than a minute left to deadline!
Nah dude, timer shows 0 hours 0 minutes when it’s a minute away, I checked in a pt

(Inb4 what pt, is DC scumslipping!?!?)
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 1916, DonCorleone wrote:0 hours 0 minutes when it’s a minute away
Oh that does make sense actually
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:07 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Yeah

Like I get it if either of you are paranoid of me tbh because I haven’t played a great game and this is basically exactly how I’d play as scum so
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:08 am

Post by Deimos27 »

I appreciate you trying to save my clout but Pooky wasn't strictly my preferred wagon there. I was torn, and preferred to shift responsibility for the decision to someone else, which is why I went Pooky to tie at L-1 each. Probs not the pro-town play case even rand is better than letting potential scum hammer, but I wasn't thinking about that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Well I guess it's debatable
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

Why was Pooky included in the coalition?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:11 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1921, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Why was Pooky included in the coalition?
Good question

Bad judgement? Idk I thought he was town because I thought he came out of his fight with koba fine
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Short answer: he was townread
Longer answer: Koba wanted him and Klick ended up coming around to that
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:18 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 1912, Deimos27 wrote:Yeah that's one of my concerns about the current solve too. A Pooky/Wug team should know that they most likely lose if Pooky gets executed, so the NK-on-coalition -and-give-up strat seems suboptimal.
See, I get this, but then the other explanations don’t really seem to make sense?

Like, I’m town. You’re town. Klick /probably/ doesn’t hardbus his buddy on D1? Idk maybe he does and I’m biased because I don’t love hardbussing my buddy on D1 but it’s just a weird move normally, when I’d say that if bussing in a micro you generally wanna do it D2. Especially as if klick is scum who hardbussed his buddy, then he’d have to explain not being the NK for 3 nights in a row while also being broadly perceived as town, which just isn’t a move I think many scum would make and I don’t wanna take a dump on klick’s scumgame but he’s not one of the people who come to mind as “would be fine with that strat”.

I think you make a good case on why aldus is town, given his approach to pooky.

I guess it could be DnD where if it’s (pooky, DnD) they think that killing on coalition locks in 2 ooc kills after one of them flips which would be enough. But if that’s the plan, pooky still flips scum and I hope I can spew myself sufficiently town by lylo to not be mislynched vs DnD.

But like the only slot left there who isn’t really towny is wug, and who might just have misperceived her position in the game.

OR pooky is town, this is all horrendously wrong, and scum are absolutely dunking on us this game, but I’d prefer not to worry about that too much

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”