CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2070, Green Crayons wrote:I don’t see how giving up a player who has a role is related to CLAP telling us he has info about three town trackers.
im not saying there are definitely three town trackers. i'm saying it's very plausible given what i know, actually, Vi, i think it would be kind of brilliant
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2070, Green Crayons wrote:I don’t see how giving up a player who has a role is related to CLAP telling us he has info about three town trackers.
we're only giving up where a role targetted - not the role itself.

i don't know where puppy is going with this, but intuitively, i think it will be useful to learn more about the setup (clarify the tracker situation) or learn more about puppy (clarify his slot).

there's little downside in revealing a hidden PR's target. we're not outing a PR here.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2076, Hoopla wrote:here's little downside in revealing a hidden PR's target. we're not outing a PR here.
Did CLAP agree to this? I didn’t see that.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2071, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 2065, Hoopla wrote:it appears we can largely solve or at least gain good info about the puppy slot by some exchange of information here.

the only risk i see from this is outing a protection role. so, if it makes you feel more at ease; just claim who the person was tracked to, not the player you tracked. that protects the identity of potential town power, while also gives puppy something to work with.

puppy, will this information be useful to you in terms of revealing yours?
this information is going to help me decide who to lynch.

i don't want to overstate what i know here, and i don't want to reveal what i have to. so i'll put it like this: the way nightaction claims should be evaluated is different if you know what i know. i would rather not claim why to avoid poisoning the well. depending on what i have to work with i may claim more or less.

pedit: i have already decided kmd no longer makes sense as scum, null for now, possibly town. he knows i didn't visit anyone N1 which is a big point in favor.
This is ambiguous. I can see how he’s agreeing to reveal just the target, not the power role player. But I didn’t read this post that way initially.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

agar is worried because with POE the PR can't be agar/kmd/GC, so that leaves a pool of 8/11, then figure 2 scum so 6/11, and then all the players who haven't visited anybody would be eliminated too

i promise i am not worried about this at all and i have a good reason. you can vote for me tomorrow if i fail to provide a good explanation
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2079, CantHateAPuppy wrote:agar is worried because with POE the PR can't be agar/kmd/GC, so that leaves a pool of 8/11, then figure 2 scum so 6/11, and then all the players who haven't visited anybody would be eliminated too

i promise i am not worried about this at all and i have a good reason. you can vote for me tomorrow if i fail to provide a good explanation
Yeah you haven’t inspired me that you’re operating in good faith here.

We can move on as far as I’m concerned, I don’t think this is going to proceed anywhere that benefits the town. My fear is the PR will be PoEd even further than that based on gameplay and associatives.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

what do you want to know here? work with me a little. I do, in fact, want to "operate in good faith" here :D

i am 100% convinced that in my position you would want to know the same question, and would not be worried in the slightest about the PR being POE'd
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i think agar is too attached to his scumread on KMD to see the forest for the trees here. we only narrow the PoE on a town PR a little. scum have a lot of work to do at night to kill off any/all town trackers - they won't risk shooting into a pool of unknowns (though shrinking).

i get he thinks KMD is scum, but puppy has claimed potentially contradictory information apropos of nothing. puppy is probably town - scum don't run such nuanced interference out of the blue.

this means the value of agar's information has since plummeted, and i think it's more important for everyone else in the town to get a better read of the situation, than for agar to cling to his info that may well be leading him in the wrong direction.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2082, Hoopla wrote:i think agar is too attached to his scumread on KMD to see the forest for the trees here.
My reticence has nothing to do with that read.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Hoopla »

okay, that's fine.

do you believe puppy is town here?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2080, AGar wrote:
In post 2079, CantHateAPuppy wrote:agar is worried because with POE the PR can't be agar/kmd/GC, so that leaves a pool of 8/11, then figure 2 scum so 6/11, and then all the players who haven't visited anybody would be eliminated too

Yeah you haven’t inspired me that you’re operating in good faith here.

We can move on as far as I’m concerned, I don’t think this is going to proceed anywhere that benefits the town. My fear is the PR will be PoEd even further than that based on gameplay and associatives.
Just spitballing here, would it make sense to list a group of targets (maybe 3? 2 false, 1 true) and puppy can infer whatever he needs to know from that?

Maybe this is a question for puppy.

I'm with hoops that figuring out some of the setup stuff seems a higher reward for town than scum given the current numbers.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

can someone please post all the track claims so far? i know when i was rereading someone had a post like this but i can't find it now and i want to see before i consider how much to reveal
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Blair »

He isn't asking who you tracked, AGar.

He's asking for the result - just the result. (i.e. "Where did they go?")

That has been abundantly clear all along, so I'm not sure why you're pretending he's asking you to out a PR.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

@mod
is it possible for roles in this game to target the mod?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1933, Gammagooey wrote:AGar: Hoopla n1, someone who visited n2
GC: Kmd n1, ??? n2
Kmd: CLAP n1, Hoopla n2
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2089, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1933, Gammagooey wrote:AGar: Hoopla n1, someone who visited n2
GC: Kmd n1, ??? n2
Kmd: CLAP n1, Hoopla n2
thanks! GC claimed IIAU went nowhere N2 so we have this:

Agar: n1 Hoopla goes nowhere, n2 someone goes ???
GC: n1 KMD goes to Puppy, n2 IIAU goes nowhere
KMD: n1 Puppy goes nowhere, n2 Hoopla goes nowhere
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Lordy this is too dumb and not worth the effort

I am also a tracker
I tracked Starbuck n1 and UT night 2, both of them visited no-one, and agar prob tracked me n2

I'm watching Dark with a friend so I'll be back in an hour

I still think we should yeet chlflip

cya soon
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2050, CantHateAPuppy wrote::lol: Vi please let me know when you host again
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Blair »

I want to hear why Gamma felt so strongly that AGar visited him that it was worthwhile for him to claim there.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2053, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Lets start with this: Agar, the mysterious masked stranger you visited N2. Who did they visit?
In post 2088, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
@mod
is it possible for roles in this game to target the mod?
In post 2093, Blair wrote:I want to hear why Gamma felt so strongly that AGar visited him that it was worthwhile for him to claim there.
i need answers to at least 2/3 these
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

"I wanted controversy, arguments, fights, discussions, people in anger waving fists in my face saying, 'how dare you?'"
Patrick McGoohan
Vi designing this setup
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

people are going to be very angry about this game, vi :lol: but i think it's brilliant. i think people will be still talking about this setup years from now
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

this is the dumbest shit imaginable

CLAP is not in any position to hold the game hostage or demand information roles out their info
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

u wanna confirm u went nowhere n2 UT?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by chkflip »

1 Mafia Tracker v 4 Town Trackers?

There's definitely a Ninja. Or perhaps a false Framer that shows mafia as not visiting anyone. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a Roleblocker, but nobody has said they failed. Busdriver makes more sense there.

I'm still yeet one.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”