Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Because if Jester get's lynched it's auto lose. And i've heard scum have advantage in 10-2 vanilla. So i'd be quite happy with 7-2 at this point. And with Apoth being the kill i'm pretty sure scum were Jester fishing.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why? As long as the jester is alive, the scum will always have town's 'benefit of the doubt' which will allow them to act scummy and possibly not get lynched.
Oh, maybe because the mafia lose if we lynch the jester. Good scum would play a normal game balancing a jester hunt with killing off threats. The have more freedom to slip because of the jester rulings, but they'll likely play like normal scum, i.e. trying not to be suspected.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Crazy wrote:
Skruffs wrote: Kmd's my top suspect, but that's just a hunch. I'll have to do a reread.
Didn't you go after Rishi for putting out suspicion without a case earlier?

As far as the NK, I think I agree that they were looking for the jester. I was probably being paranoid and thinking too much into it.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Crazy »

Kmd wrote:Didn't you go after Rishi for putting out suspicion without a case earlier?
I said this, regarding Rishi:
Crazy wrote: To me, Rishi is still the scummiest. I dunno, he's bouncing suspicions off the wall, but not actually posting his real suspicion on Kmd. And he seems to agree with Skruffs' plan of all of us acting jestery.
This is a bit different, I think. I don't plan on holding on to my suspicions. If I can find some scummy stuff in your posts, I'll be sure to post it. :)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, I remember this now. Rishi was after an easy lynch instead of real suspicion. (which reminds me, we never did see a case) Maybe I was thinking of another game but I thought it was about posting names without cases. Actually it was another game, I remember it now. It was my own suspicion against some one somewhere else.

Sorry for the confusion, I guess I play too much mafia.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Crazy »

Kmd wrote:Maybe I was thinking of another game but I thought it was about posting names without cases. Actually it was another game, I remember it now. It was my own suspicion against some one somewhere else.

Eww, this seems weak to me. I'm currently alive in 5 mafia games and I never get them mixed up. It sounds a lot like you wanted an easy way to back out of your suspicions.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Crazy wrote:
Kmd wrote:Maybe I was thinking of another game but I thought it was about posting names without cases. Actually it was another game, I remember it now. It was my own suspicion against some one somewhere else.

Eww, this seems weak to me. I'm currently alive in 5 mafia games and I never get them mixed up. It sounds a lot like you wanted an easy way to back out of your suspicions.
I'm alive in 6 myself. This is really weak. I don't like it. Even when I get my wires crossed I can usually catch myself before I post.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm still semi-newb and alive in 6 games so I got confused.

What suspicions are you talking about?
All I did is ask if you went after Rishi for something you were just doing. If you were, I would see it as scummy. You weren't so I was wrong on that one.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Skruffs »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Why? As long as the jester is alive, the scum will always have town's 'benefit of the doubt' which will allow them to act scummy and possibly not get lynched.
Oh, maybe because the mafia lose if we lynch the jester. Good scum would play a normal game balancing a jester hunt with killing off threats. The have more freedom to slip because of the jester rulings, but they'll likely play like normal scum, i.e. trying not to be suspected.
So town is going to be careful to avoid lynching the jester, which means that the mafia can go longer withotu being hunted by the town. Town can't lynch anyone who is likely the jester - and neither can the mafia - so players who are unlikely to be jester arethe only ones likely to be lynched.

Do you think scum are likely to act jestery and kill protown players, or more likely to try and act protown and kill jestery players?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Skruffs »

How was Apothecary a jester hunting lynch?

I would like everyone to take a poll right now:
Are scum likely to be trying to kill the jester or townsfolk at this point?
If a huge majority think that scum are trying to kill the jester, why don't we just no lynch until the jester is dead?

Nobody's suggested that yet because NOBODY really thinks that the mafia are jester hunting EXCEPT the people who are actually scum and want to make scum-hunting townies look like scum.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:05 am

Post by ooba »

.::]
First
Vote Count
of the Day !!
[::.

The Jester (1)
- Xtoxm
forbiddanlight (1)
- cr3tin
Crazy (1)
- Skruffs

Not Voting (6) - The Jester, raverblood, Rishi, forbiddanlight, Kmd4390, Crazy

Five
votes makes a lynch with 9 alive.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Skruffs wrote:How was Apothecary a jester hunting lynch?

If a huge majority think that scum are trying to kill the jester, why don't we just no lynch until the jester is dead?

Nobody's suggested that yet because NOBODY really thinks that the mafia are jester hunting EXCEPT the people who are actually scum and want to make scum-hunting townies look like scum.
Almost anybody could be the jester at this point. Rishi is the only one other than myself who I can safely say isn't the jester. Why the scum chose Apo over anyone else is hard to say.

If the scum kill the jester, they eliminate the possibility of losing because we lynch the jester. If they go after town, it's like any other game and they decrease our numbers. I think they will go after the jester because if they miss, they still kill town which is good for them. They want the jester dead just as much as we do and I think that is their plan. Just don't forget that townies dead helps them too.

I don't think no lynching until the jester is dead is a very good idea. We will lose too many townies if the scum don't catch the jester quickly. jester or not, we are still giving the scum a free kill this way.

I agree that the scum are probably jester hunting but I don't think giving them a free kill is the way to do it.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Crazy »

Skruffs wrote:I would like everyone to take a poll right now:
Apoth seems like a jester kill. It just makes no sense as a town-kill. If I was scum, I probably would be jester-hunting, too.

And doesn't having the mafia kill the jester go against your own plan, Skruffs? As long as the jester is alive, the mafia is killing scummy townies for us. Wasn't that the whole point of your plan of having everyone act jestery?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Apart from anything, because it's not in the spirit of the game. But if we do that, they will just kill townies until it's get near lylo because they know there is no danger of Jester being lynched next day, probably...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Crazy »

Xtoxm wrote:
Apart from anything, because it's not in the spirit of the game. But if we do that, they will just kill townies until it's get near lylo because they know there is no danger of Jester being lynched next day, probably...
Yeah, I didn't realize that, but this is a good point. They'd probably end up killing a bunch of townies first, if they knew we were just going to NL.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

That's exactly what I am saying. Giving free kills is never good.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

How was Apothecary a jester hunting lynch?

I really hope you are just trying to illustrate a point. I never said the scum were jester hunting right now. In fact, I'm recorded earlier as saying for now, the scum will try to kill townies and push us as close to lylo as they can without a jester kill. At least, that was my opinion. I still don't like the "Everyone act jestery" since it lets the mafia blend in just as well as the jester. Also, I could be wrong about what the mafia are trying to do. Either way, ANYTHING that lets everyone look the same and blend in is bad for town.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Crazy »

Umm, where'd the conversation go?

On another note, I'm a bit suspicious of The Jester. He seems to lurk quite a bit, and when he posts, he seems to just drop in with the popular, non-controversial opinion.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:59 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, what do you see the odds of The Jester being the jester as? I can see your point on him :P. But I still don't like the "Act like a jester sting like a bee" plan proposed.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:18 am

Post by Crazy »

forbiddanlight wrote:Well, what do you see the odds of The Jester being the jester as? I can see your point on him :P. But I still don't like the "Act like a jester sting like a bee" plan proposed.
He's not really acting jestery, so the chances of him being the jester I think are pretty low. My best guesses for the jester would be raverblood or Skruffs.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:20 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Crazy wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Well, what do you see the odds of The Jester being the jester as? I can see your point on him :P. But I still don't like the "Act like a jester sting like a bee" plan proposed.
He's not really acting jestery, so the chances of him being the jester I think are pretty low. My best guesses for the jester would be raverblood or Skruffs.
Wouldn't acting jestery make it unlikely for you to be lynched? I wonder if his lurking game is to get lynched. I could be wrong though. I just more dislike the people who proposed the jester plan since it seemed to be a set up to get the mafia to blend in.

Ah well, if we really can't decide there's always cretin ftw (Note, I'm kidding here)
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Crazy »

Well, this game is a lot of WIFOM. I always knew it would be, but when I signed up I didn't know it would be this bad.

A good thing to note, though, is that the jester probably didn't know all this when he signed up for the game... so everyone's earlier behavior will be much less WIFOM-y. That's mainly why I think raverblood has a strong chance of being the jester, from his really weird unvote of his random TJ-vote at the top of page 2/3.

The Jester never really did anything jestery, so I think he's a relatively safe lynch.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:50 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The Jester never really did anything jestery, so I think he's a relatively safe lynch.
But is he a
good
lynch? I gave in to Sun Tzu due to deadline. I won't give in to another lynch I don't feel good about.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Crazy »

forbiddanlight wrote:

But is he a
good
lynch? I gave in to Sun Tzu due to deadline. I won't give in to another lynch I don't feel good about.
Yeah, you're right, but we're not even close to deadline, so we have time to find out who's scummy.
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:34 am

Post by The Jester »

Well I got a bit discouraged, my original list didn't work out at all when I re-thought a few things.

Skruffs already explained his plan, and a jester wanting everyone to ask jestery doesn't make sense.

I'm not lurking, just not sure what to say.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”