popopopopopopo (1): Replacement for Sujimichi
Galron (0):
Hoopla (0):
Emperor flippyNips (0):
UnaBombaH (0):
notscience (0):
Isis (0):

Not Voting (2): Bellaphant, UnaBombaH

With 13 voters, 7 votes are required to execute.

Day 1 will end without an execution in (expired on 2020-07-20 00:15:00).
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Yes I am, and I pointed to why
In post 524, UnaBombaH wrote:I thought they were trying to stir the pot and scavenge some reads from that,
I kind of was with Isis/Hoopla. I think some of the things Hoopla has been pushing is questionable
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

Yeah, I'm not sure I want Dunn lynched today either. -_-

Someone wanna volunteer?
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:20 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 487, Replacement for Sujimichi wrote:
In post 58, Klick wrote:
In post 29, Isis wrote:don't worry i'm probably going to townread your avatar however you play this game notscience
This is relatable
This has caught my attention. I would disagree with the assessment that Peko was anything close to a "best" character in that game. Surely there are at least 8 or 9 characters ahead of her.

I have my eye on both Isis and Klick.
I'd have her roughly 13th but the 13th best videogame character from that game is better than the second best character in some other media.
Besides
Spoiler: spoiler
Don't make the vigilante claim day one
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 495, geraintm wrote:
In post 431, notscience wrote:@Gera- I'd appreciate your support on the dunn wagon.

Klick, Hoops are more than welcome too as is Una.
so, I looked over Dunn.

there is a bunch of votes being thrown around,
bob
una
bella

and some itching to join other wagons too, some posts saying people are scum. I think between those and their votes over half the town has been scum at some point.

like....I don't like Dunn at all. but I find it hard to believe scum would be this bad, it is just too obvious.
I think i'd rather keep them alive until day 2, I think I would learn more about their place in the game with them placing more and more votes.
does that make sense?
I would say Dunn is capable of wolfing too-wolf-to-be-wolf. If anything that's probably from characteristics that get him scumread as both alignments compounding on characteristics that are actually expressions of a mafia alignment. But after subtracting the former I don't think he's too bad here.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:28 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 529, Isis wrote:I would say Dunn is capable of wolfing too-wolf-to-be-wolf. If anything that's probably from characteristics that get him scumread as both alignments compounding on characteristics that are actually expressions of a mafia alignment. But after subtracting the former I don't think he's too bad here.
that sounds like some very complicated algebra.

far over the head of a bloodthirsty simpleton like me.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by Isis »

VOTE: Hoopla

Hoopla is who I'd most like to exile.
The way she describes her mens rea with respect having more doubts based on a previous town roll seems like the way mafia would describe the information rather than how town would, even though it's the same information. It's a little bit hard to explain and an intuition thing but it's come up more than one time. I wouldn't be too prideful to deadsheep her if wrong but she's very much front of the pack for me.
"Well, I..."
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by Hoopla »

now you are trying to razz me!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Hoopla
Alright, let's give it a go. Something isn't sitting right.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:52 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 428, Hoopla wrote:yes, us four are probably the most dominant voices on the big dog spectrum. the fact we are fractured on our view of the gamestate is alarming to me also. i'm still reserving judgement on whether this is early game in accuracy (on my part or you lot) or whether i have reason to be paranoid.
This is stated as 'fractured' for the four of us (you/me/notty/Una), but me/notty/Una have been largely in sync as of late and you're the one who has been out of step. That's what has me singling you out in particular, and it should eliminate the 'scum have the weird perspective' angle for you (unless you think the scumteam is me/notty/Una!).
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 449, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 405, Klick wrote:
@Una:
What would an Una scumgame look like here? Can you give me some perspective on how you play differently as town vs scum?
Well..I'd like to argue I can imitate my townplay as scum well enough..?
It's more about getting people to believe me and trust in me.
Being a PR always mixes things up, and I pretty much always drop crumbs everywhere to show them late.
And they are rarely very simple. But they are there. :lol:
This is as either alignment, mind you. ^^

I often get underestimated by scum, so I'm very rarely nightkilled, and often pushed for as a lynch either early early, or in LyLo.
So again, me being scum wouldn't change that much either. :lol:

This specific game is going to be difficult for me anyway, I can already see that, but I have a plan.
Hope that scum will try and play ball with me this game.
This didn't answer my question at all in a way that I find rather towny. :P
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 460, Bellaphant wrote:....drunk klick looks a lot more town than sober klick and I agree with a lot of what he's saying. Ugh.
Yaaaaaay!
Come join me on Hoops if you don't have a ton of conviction where you are. I feel like this could be really good.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:59 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 502, Galron wrote:
And then geraintm calls my voting for him opportunistic, when it really wasn't -- it was a reaction to bob's meta read on him, and then he calls me unvoting him scummy, which it isn't -- I simply didn't find much reason to keep a vote on him. I was the first to vote for him (well, other than una's rvs vote) and the first to hop off his wagon, yet both ways he finds me scummy?
yep, find both scummy because using other people's reasoning to easily place a vote I find bad.
and then hopping off quickly to go elsewhere is bad too. I dislike players who move their vote around a lot and tag along following wagons and other people's reads
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 537, geraintm wrote:I dislike players who move their vote around a lot and tag along following wagons and other people's reads
I feel like you dislike a lot of things that are just inherent to my playstyle. :P Recognize that this one is a bias that is not particularly likely to find scum.

What do you think of Hoops, gera?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 518, notscience wrote:Gera, una (but I’m a little annoyed I’m going to have to argue against his scumread me all game again), klick, you (?), flippy

I don’t have a hankering to lynch isis or Galron but I wouldn’t argue against it either
I like that you town read me :)

I like that when I am eventually scum in a different game, you will still be townreading me :)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:03 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 521, Galron wrote:VOTE: replacement

Jump in. The water's not exactly warm, but you get used to it.
yeah...I am going to have to ignore your votes for the rest of the day. you are here, there and everywhere.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I'd eat my hat if the scum team was nitty/Una/klick

VOTE: hoops

Tbf I'd still do dun. Or popo.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:12 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 502, Galron wrote:Now, una and someone else I can't remember now pointing out Hoopla's decreasing towniness yet not voting there really has my wheels turning. Admittedly, I haven't read their posts carefully, so maybe that would help.

My town lean on una remains, but hoopla not so much.
I didn't vote there originally because I assumed it just wouldn't be viable. But enough people feel off about her that I think it could actually happen.

Come join me!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 512, notscience wrote:I hear there’s in-wagon peanuts and a movie too

Despicable Me 8, Minions miniature golf mayhem

Not to mention a vote for dunn is a vote for a d1 scum lynch
I lol'd

Dunn doesn't feel right as a vote to me, I'm sorry. I don't really have a problem with his play right now and feel like he'll be sortable later. Plus Hoopla happily jumped onto the wagon in a way that makes me think 'jumping onto the first town wagon that could take off and net an execute'.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 538, Klick wrote:
In post 537, geraintm wrote:I dislike players who move their vote around a lot and tag along following wagons and other people's reads
I feel like you dislike a lot of things that are just inherent to my playstyle. :P Recognize that this one is a bias that is not particularly likely to find scum.

What do you think of Hoops, gera?
I dislike pretty much everyones day 1 play. if I thought people were good at day 1s, then they wouldn't always end up with townie getting lynched.

hoopla - they made a townbloc in post 260. I don't like that. tink this follows 2 different votes before this

posts like 261 and 288 are them being involved in the game by asking other people their opinions.

post 371 - making a group of 5 people all town.

"so far, this wagon looks solid to me, and i haven't seen anything behaviourally to give off town vibes from geraintm; though i will look into him more the longer he remains a candidate."

^^^ they just seem happy to be the player happy to lynch almost anyone day one, they were happy to lynch me and assume everyone else voting me was town too. but how on earth they can a) know I am scum b) know everyone else is town? their reads are just so weak day 1 they are worthless

they had a little bit of an interaction with me over bobbins, but they just let it hang... it is almost like they want to be seen having interaction with everyone but nothing more than superficial
In post 444, Hoopla wrote:
In post 442, notscience wrote:What I want most of all is a dunn wagon right now- would you be interested in partaking or sharing thoughts on his recent assertion about peoples reads changing based on his?
here is where we have commonground.

geraintm's wagon is at feverpitch. i can sense it. i can
feel
it. i don't want to abandon my post yet - especially given he has been quite responsive to pressure.

consider myself spiritually on the dunn wagon. i give it my stamp of approval.
this pings me bad. they feel like scum wanting to get off a wagon they know has a) stalled b) is only going to end up lynching a bad town player. they can keep me alive for later in the game safe in the knowledge I am not athreat to them

then a switch to Dunn to try and get something going there.

post 515 - excuses for behaving differently to what people expect

I have gone through, it feels like half the posts are them asking others for their thoughts, a quarter are hopping off and on wagons and a quarter just fluff.
they are the sort of player I find it hard to get along with at this stage of the game. def closer to being scum in my eyes than town
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Hoops calling that wagon of nully/scummy people town was like...the real issue here..plus the random Pockety post towards me.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I've just realised Isis has slightly more posts than me and I have very little read on the slot. A few people have slight town-leans, can they explain why? Ive filed them as tonally town, but that's fairly weak sauce.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 544, geraintm wrote:they had a little bit of an interaction with me over bobbins, but they just let it hang... it is almost like they want to be seen having interaction with everyone but nothing more than superficial
Mhmm, this resonates with me. Hoopla's interactions with you leave a bus open as an option for if she flips at any point.

A lot of what Hoopla has done today has in fact been in accordance with what seems to be her usual D1 formula. But I think it's a bit... empty, in a way that it didn't seem last time. I got the sense that Hoopla actually believed what she was saying last time. Here I'm getting stronger calculated vibes.

PEdit: I'm where you're at on her, tonally town for the most part, but I feel a bit better about her than you do. I liked her early scumread on me and its transition into prob-town - I can see that progression happening for her naturally. In general I've been able to resonate with how much she's been able to 'get into' this game. It took me ages to get into a groove here, and it feels like she picked things up around when I did, implying she's town and knows as many people's alignments as I do (just her own).
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

Day 1's Twenty-Seventh Votecount

Hoopla (3): Isis, Klick, Bellaphant
geraintm (2): popopopopopopo, bob3141
Dunnstral (2): notscience, Hoopla
Bellaphant (1): Dunnstral
Replacement for Sujimichi (1): Galron
bob3141 (1): Emperor flippyNips
Klick (1): geraintm
popopopopopopo (1): Replacement for Sujimichi
Galron (0):
Emperor flippyNips (0):
UnaBombaH (0):
notscience (0):
Isis (0):

Not Voting (1): UnaBombaH

With 13 voters, 7 votes are required to execute.

Day 1 will end without an execution in (expired on 2020-07-20 00:15:00).
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

....were you being wierd earlier BC you were worried about suspecting hoops? Your posting feels a lot more chill since you got drunk and said it.

I assume you are reading me differently now?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”