CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2135, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 1, Vi wrote: 2)
Another Revelation.
This is a hidden mechanic within the game.
claim: this is my revelation

i will share this revelation after all tracker claims have claimed their actions and any related visits have been resolved
this was my show of good faith. i have a specific claim here, i added that this is the hidden game mechanic (i guess someone could counterclaim if they want?), which proves that i'm not just doing some kind of mystery gambit here

im waiting for GC to claim, when i drop the hidden mechanic i think everyon will agree that it's good to wait for the claims first
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

like, sorry if im being annoying about this, i have just been sitting on this for 3 weeks now and i know this is going to be really controversial
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2150, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 2135, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 1, Vi wrote: 2)
Another Revelation.
This is a hidden mechanic within the game.
claim: this is my revelation

i will share this revelation after all tracker claims have claimed their actions and any related visits have been resolved
this was my show of good faith. i have a specific claim here, i added that this is the hidden game mechanic (i guess someone could counterclaim if they want?), which proves that i'm not just doing some kind of mystery gambit here

im waiting for GC to claim, when i drop the hidden mechanic i think everyon will agree that it's good to wait for the claims first
GC claimed. Assuming to mean KMD.

One more olive branch - did your revelation specifically clue you into the question regarding targeting the mod or was that spec?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

yeah, sorry, we're missing KMD. considering how much suspicion he was under before claim i think it would be objectively bad play if i didn't wait for that claim first

the fact that the mod can be a valid night action target was half spec, half really obvious when i thought about it.

ive been kinda lurking all game because my revelation is such that i think there's no way scum have it, so i figured it'd be a get outta jail free card, and i could put myself in the POE and then take myself out of it. 4 tracker claims changed my mind on that, maybe scum would have this revelation, but i have the breadcrumbs to back it up so /shrug
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

although, actually, none of my breadcrumbs are very good imo, i made a couple (back during that whole Q&A with starbuck when everyone was asking me why i was asking so many weird qustions about her revelation), but after that period on rereading my role PM i decided i had made an assumption i shouldn't have
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

anyways gonna shut up now
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

actually, i think now a massclaim would be better in this situation, because of mechanic shenanigans, but i don't think that will fly without some resaon for people to trust me, and the only thing i can do for that is to just claim the mechanic, so it's a chicken-and-egg problem.

but, uh, anyone who doesn't claim, if you have some visits you think you'll have a problem explaining, it's going to be harder to explain them after i claim the mechanic
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2156, CantHateAPuppy wrote:actually, i think now a massclaim would be better in this situation, because of mechanic shenanigans, but i don't think that will fly without some resaon for people to trust me, and the only thing i can do for that is to just claim the mechanic, so it's a chicken-and-egg problem.

but, uh, anyone who doesn't claim, if you have some visits you think you'll have a problem explaining, it's going to be harder to explain them after i claim the mechanic
Sure don't like this post!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2149, AGar wrote:give us some kind of show of faith.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

pls
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

actually wait for kmd tbh
green shirt thursdays
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by Hoopla »

it seems pretty obvious to me that puppy is town.

i'd also be fine with massclaim if everyone is up for it.

lets get all the cards on the table.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:40 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I tracked gamma to iamausername
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:34 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Puppy whats the wacky bullshit going on
Kmd4390 wrote:I tracked gamma to iamausername
any particular reason you had for tracking me?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:49 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

here's where we're at:

Agar: n1 Hoopla goes nowhere, n2 gamma visits UT, n3 reck goes nowhere
GC: n1 KMD goes to Puppy, n2 IIAU goes nowhere, n3 reck goes nowhere
KMD: n1 Puppy goes nowhere, n2 Hoopla goes nowhere, n3 gamma visits IIAU
gamma: n1 starbuck goes nowhere, n2 UT goes nowhere, n3 IIAU goes nowhere

kind of disappointing that no one caught any movement that didn't belong to another tracker, these are pretty useless results, almost suspiciously useless. Vi, what did you give the scumteam? ninja is highly likely IMO

gamma comes off looking really good because KMD verified his visiting IIAU, which is good because gamma had the worst claim of any of the 4 trackers IMO

2 claims that reck went nowhere is also good, though im really starting to think a ninja is highly likely.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:52 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

here is one of my breadcrumbs. the hint that it was a breadcrumb is that i made an odd spelling mistake that had to be fixed in the second post. actually the odd spelling mistake was what i wanted. read the last word of each sentence:
In post 1378, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i did go to your iso and it wasn't clear who u were calling
scum
. first u said it was a piece of information given to you, then it was part of a revelation, u thought there was 1 scum in me / blair / porkens, but ur revelation is 1 scum in farside / porkens, didn't make it clear whether this was a revelation or a
kill
. so i just want to hear it all upfront, what ur role is, who the two potential scum
are
. it sounds like you've told us everything now then, which helps b/c at first your claims looked kind of
random
In post 1379, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 1378, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i did go to your iso and it wasn't clear who u were calling scum. first u said it was a piece of information given to you, then it was part of a revelation, u thought there was 1 scum in me / blair / porkens, but ur revelation is 1 scum in farside / porkens, didn't make it clear whether this was a revelation or a
skill.
so i just want to hear it all upfront, what ur role is, who the two potential scum are. it sounds like you've told us everything now then, which helps b/c at first your claims looked kind of random
ebwop
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:53 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

although, actually, after reading my role again, i decided that that crumb wasn't very accurate, so i won't go through all the different crumbs i laid out for different scenarios (was a little paranoid about what the scum team would know!)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:53 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

not sure how to claim this without quoting dangeously from my role PM
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:58 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

ok, so it works like this:

1) scum make the kill
2) that kill is automatically blocked
3) vi makes a new kill instead. it may or may not be the same target.

ambiguities:

* im not sure whether scum know this is happening. they must have figured out by now that something's up? not sure if they knew this all along or not.
* im not sure how vi is selecting the kill. i thought this was random, but my PM doesn't say that, no explanation is given, Vi could just be killing off her favorites or going in some pre-set order
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:01 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

implications:

1) trackers are not going to get guilties. if SCUM KILLS X, that kill is blocked, and VI KILLS Y, meaning the tracker would see SCUM VISITS X and assume it wasn't the nightkill
2) this is why 3 tracker claims and maybe even 4 is totally plausible FMPOV
2) i don't think a doctor makes sense in this setup because Vi could always guarantee that nobody ever gets saved. maybe?
4) ditto roleblockers, because even if no one would ever think to target the mod, it would be a little busted now if town could block all kills by always knowing to target Vi
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:04 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i think a massclaim is in order tbh, but i think it's highly likely that we only have the tracker claims, and that maybe even scum have a ninja making the kills, and actually all this role setup and spec is totally worthless because it's all just a massive red herring designed to confuse and mislead (:lol:)

please discuss
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I'm vanilla town AMA
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Processing the setup madness.

Puppy why did you crumb the kills are random only to later say they are mod chosen? Your role PM makes it clear it's mod pick and not a dice roll or something?

Gamma, why did you claim before kmd? Seems like making kmd go first would have been the right choice today. I assume you were trying to get ahead of an IAAU kill.

Given iaau is kind of a weird kill choice, I can probably believe a random kill. Not entirely sure this isn't a smart puppy gambit. I need to think on the likelihood of scum knowing the kill is random in their revelations or something.

Maybe we can figure out mass claim by tracking who hasn't actually claimed yet, because it feels like lots have...

I'm also very curious if reck's info confirms any of this.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ninja does seem like an obvious scum power tbh. This essentially becomes a vanilla game ... which is kind of genius.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:29 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2172, VP Baltar wrote:Puppy why did you crumb the kills are random only to later say they are mod chosen? Your role PM makes it clear it's mod pick and not a dice roll or something?
i mis assumed. my role PM doesn't state how vi selects a kill, so i assumed it was random, but later i realized that vi could just be killing whoever she feels like would balance the game out (this is the part i think is controversial and actually ive been laughing about it all game)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”