Micro 952 - The Coalition: ItGBSMoD [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 2160, Klick wrote:Pooky and DnD BOTH have this pattern of saying 'no I can't be scum because of X really weak reason' that bothers me deeply
I've been fairly consistent about the main reason I don't make sense as scum here
I mean, consistent sure, bur your reasoning for why you're not scum is weaksauce too :P

Quoting 1365 and assigning singular motivation to it feels scummy to moi

I don't trust my own reads too much this game though so I'm leaving it up to my buddy to make the final call~

DonCorleone you're tunneling. "If Pooky town then tmi, if Pooky scum you're distracting" read that again and you'll see?

-Dumbass
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:16 am

Post by Klick »

In post 2175, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Quoting 1365 and assigning singular motivation to it feels scummy to moi
It's a counter to 'well why didn't Pooky just hammer Koba???'
Thinking there's no motivation for Pooky-scum to refrain from hammering is silly
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:03 am

In post 2153, Alduskkel wrote:ssshhhh there's no need for scum to speak
I think that you're scumread on pooky is overexagerated and doesn't even make much sense either.

He's also making valid points that you're ignoring.
Like you just said pooky slipped wug being his partner, but it wasn't a slip and wug has been trying to get him voted out all day today

- Dumber

(Also I realized I wasn't that good about signing consistently, all posts last night (i.e. the ones with DC) were mine)
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:03 am

In post 2160, Klick wrote:Pooky and DnD BOTH have this pattern of saying 'no I can't be scum because of X really weak reason' that bothers me deeply
I've been fairly consistent about the main reason I don't make sense as scum here
I mean I always do that when I think I'm being pushed as scum for dumb reasons so

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:07 am

In post 2177, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Like you just said pooky slipped wug being his partner,
Actually I read that wrong, sorry. I take this bit back.

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:09 am

In post 2166, Klick wrote:
In post 1365, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this game is wild,

when I'm convinced koba is scum nobody believes me, but now I'm convinced he's town and everyone thinks he's scum.

I must be really off or something.
Also here's Pooky posturing and leaving open the possibility of hammering Koba later if he feels like he can get away with it
Again, a really uncharitable reading of Pooky's posts? He's not trying to create an opportunity in that post to hammer koba at all and I'm quite confused how that's your takeaway off of this post.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:11 am

In post 2170, Klick wrote:This series of quotes makes the change of opinion on Pooky yesterday pretty clear @DnD
Again, this is reasoning that explains a POE read on Pooky. It does
not
explain how or why he became your biggest scumread, or why you think he's more likely scum than my slot. Even the last post that you quoted there leaves open pivoting to either my slot
or
pooky. It doesn't explain why you think pooky is independently scum, and after reading the 30 pages at the end of day1 I still don't know where that happened

- Dumber
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:12 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:13 am

In post 2172, Klick wrote:Also Pooky just straight-up ignored this when I posted it to continue pushing Clover
Again, you're failing to explain why Pooky's approach to clover is more likely to come from scum (i.e. as opposed to wrong!town).

- Dumber

Like your'e not explaining a scumread. You're explaining a POE read, which later magically morphed to a scumread, but the reasoning and thought process behind it just isn't there.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:14 am

Yes, I just talked about that.
You think that post is him trying to wiggle onto hammering koba?

Because that doesn't make sense at all?

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:14 am

In post 2181, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 2170, Klick wrote:This series of quotes makes the change of opinion on Pooky yesterday pretty clear @DnD
Again, this is reasoning that explains a POE read on Pooky. It does
not
explain how or why he became your biggest scumread, or why you think he's more likely scum than my slot. Even the last post that you quoted there leaves open pivoting to either my slot
or
pooky. It doesn't explain why you think pooky is independently scum, and after reading the 30 pages at the end of day1 I still don't know where that happened

- Dumber
In post 2183, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 2172, Klick wrote:Also Pooky just straight-up ignored this when I posted it to continue pushing Clover
Again, you're failing to explain why Pooky's approach to clover is more likely to come from scum (i.e. as opposed to wrong!town).

- Dumber

Like your'e not explaining a scumread. You're explaining a POE read, which later magically morphed to a scumread, but the reasoning and thought process behind it just isn't there.
DC can
you
articulate in like two sentences why klick is scumreading pooky?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:22 am

Post by DonCorleone »

I tagged it bc I wanted to know what post you were talking about and you didn’t use post tags
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:23 am

Ah sorry about that

Do you think that Klick's reading of that post makes sense though? Or seems like a reasonable explanation?

- Dumber
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:24 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1528, Klick wrote:Why am I getting the feeling that you really want Clover to be on the table as an option, more than you actually believe Clover is scum?
In post 1535, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:even if I didn't believe clover was scum I'd still be trying to break down your thought process to figure out whether this is a genuine conversation
In post 1536, Klick wrote:Except that's not all you're doing. Looking at the last two pages and reading your posts, the vibe I get is at best 'Clover-skeptic'. That seems to be your main agenda at the moment, and not just in 1515. It doesn't quite add up with your unvote on Clover recently either.
I guess I'm mainly wondering what you're actually trying to achieve if it's not 'lightly push Clover as a lynch option'.
I then ask Pooky a few more questions, which he ignores to continue pushing Clover.
In post 1571, Klick wrote:VOTE: Pooky
Your scumread on Clover feels fake.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:25 am

Post by Klick »

It's not simply a PoE read (though that does contribute to it), and it's not just 'Pooky is deathtunneling Clover', as much as you'd like to frame it that way
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:26 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 2187, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Ah sorry about that

Do you think that Klick's reading of that post makes sense though? Or seems like a reasonable explanation?

- Dumber
Thinking
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:26 am

In post 2185, Dumb and Dumber wrote:DC can you articulate in like two sentences why klick is scumreading pooky?
Actually I'll just open this to the floor
Can anyone here?

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:27 am

In post 2188, Klick wrote:I then ask Pooky a few more questions, which he ignores to continue pushing Clover.
Yeah, I agree this might not be the best way to play, but I'm quite confused on why that's such a major component of your scumread on him.

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:29 am

In post 2189, Klick wrote:It's not simply a PoE read (though that does contribute to it), and it's not just 'Pooky is deathtunneling Clover', as much as you'd like to frame it that way
So what bits am I missing then?

Because that's basically what you gave to me in the posts just above.

describes a poe read
is you saying that he ignored your questions so he's scum.

So like is there anything else you want to point to?

- Dumber
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:29 am

Post by Klick »

His scumread on Clover was super fake and he pushed it in an opportunistic way when it looked like he was in danger. The Chemist NK also implicates him because he had by far the most pressure on him yesterday, meaning he had the most motive to eliminate players from within the coalition as opposed to outside of it.

There's your tweet on Pooky-scum :)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:32 am

Post by Klick »

In post 2193, Dumb and Dumber wrote:2170 describes a poe read
No, 2170 says that Pooky is scummy because he seems to want Clover executed more than he thinks Clover is scum
2172 is you saying that he ignored your questions so he's scum.
God you are a master of reduction

'Klick is scum because I think is scumread on Pooky is weak'
Is that a fair summary of your scumread on me?
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:33 am

In post 2194, Klick wrote:His scumread on Clover was super fake and he pushed it in an opportunistic way when it looked like he was in danger. The Chemist NK also implicates him because he had by far the most pressure on him yesterday, meaning he had the most motive to eliminate players from within the coalition as opposed to outside of it.

There's your tweet on Pooky-scum :)
A few things:

- At least partly why I was asking DC to give the answer is to see if he
could
. I'm trying to make a point that he's soemwhat confbiased and isn't thinking about this critically. I'm not sure he can actually articulate why he's following you onto pooky
- I'm not sure where or why the scumread on Clover was fake.
- I guess I can sort of see the oppurtunistic argument but can you provide a few quotes that support you thinking he's being oppurtunistic (i.e. as opposed to just being strongly wrong on a read)?
- Weird nk's tend to happen because scum are planning on pushing some sort of narrative, and well, here it is. I think it's a pretty reliable tell, actually. I think townies to just shrug it off and go 'that's weird' because they don't actually know how or why that kill happened.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:36 am

Post by Klick »

In post 2196, Dumb and Dumber wrote:- Weird nk's tend to happen because scum are planning on pushing some sort of narrative, and well, here it is. I think it's a pretty reliable tell, actually. I think townies to just shrug it off and go 'that's weird' because they don't actually know how or why that kill happened.
Can you provide a sample of evidence suggesting this is a reliable tell? NK analysis is a standard scumhunting method and it's a bold claim to declare it a scumtell.

I'll respond to the rest in a bit
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:36 am

In post 2195, Klick wrote:
In post 2193, Dumb and Dumber wrote:2170 describes a poe read
No, 2170 says that Pooky is scummy because he seems to want Clover executed more than he thinks Clover is scum
2172 is you saying that he ignored your questions so he's scum.
God you are a master of reduction

'Klick is scum because I think is scumread on Pooky is weak'
Is that a fair summary of your scumread on me?
2170 literally says that you townread 2/4 members of the coalition and so you're planning on voting one of the other two. It's the definition of a POE read.

And I would say the scumread on you is more 'the thought process leading from town!pooky (i.e. when you put him in the coalition) to scum!pooky (i.e. today when you started off focusing on him because you scumread him over us) entirely seems to be missing and I can't get you to articulate how or why that read changed.'

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:37 am

In post 2197, Klick wrote:
In post 2196, Dumb and Dumber wrote:- Weird nk's tend to happen because scum are planning on pushing some sort of narrative, and well, here it is. I think it's a pretty reliable tell, actually. I think townies to just shrug it off and go 'that's weird' because they don't actually know how or why that kill happened.
Can you provide a sample of evidence suggesting this is a reliable tell? NK analysis is a standard scumhunting method and it's a bold claim to declare it a scumtell.

I'll respond to the rest in a bit
I'll have to do some work to see if I can do that without outing my main.

- Dumber

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”