Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1287, Gammagooey wrote:
implies a weaker/less active scumteam. perhaps even a scumteam without daytalk.
very doubt. My guess is that scum were either worried about town having a revelation about what kinds of roles were in the game or which scum/town respectively would have, or that the scum's revelation made Auro not want to claim tracker.
did mention this very early on, it's not reaaaally a crumb but me being a tracker is a pretty big part of why I thought that scum might have a revelation that would lead to scum thinking "don't claim tracker"
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Green Crayons »

My first two choices were because of VC:
In post 1268, Vi wrote:

:right:
Auro (L-0)
~ VP Baltar, AGar, Green Crayons, Albert B. Rampage, farside22, Starbuck,
(Blair,)
Hoopla,
(Porkens,)
Untrod Tripod, Porkens
VP Baltar (L-6)
~ iamausername,
(Untrod Tripod, Morning Tweet,)
Llamarble, Auro,
(Porkens)

Albert B. Rampage (L-7)
~
(Porkens,)
Blair, CantLynchAPuppy
Green Crayons (L-8)
~ xRECKONERx
Starbuck (L-8)
~ Kmd4390

Not Voting:
(CantLynchAPuppy,)
Morning Tweet

--With 17 alive, it will take 9 votes to extrajudicially kill a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 1 July 2020.
(5 days left)

--- Auro ---
Mafia Tracker
--- Sacrificed to Nollij Day 1!!!

-It is now Night 1!

-Llamarble has requested replacement. Please hold...

--Night 1 will end at 21:00 EDT (GMT-4) on Monday, 29 June 2020.
---I'm interested in feedback on my moderation, so if you have any please send it my way. The rust is real.

~intermission music~
Kmd was off the two competing wagons.
In post 1523, Vi wrote:

:right:
farside22 (NOW PWNING)
~ Porkens, CantLynchAPuppy, iamausername, Hoopla, AGar, VP Baltar, Gammagooey, xRECKONERx
Porkens (P-6)
~ Starbuck, farside22,
(xRECKONERx)

CantLynchAPuppy (P-7)
~ Green Crayons
Blair (P-8)
~
(Gammagooey)

Not Voting:
Blair, Kmd4390, Morning Tweet, Untrod Tripod,
(VP Baltar)

--With 15 alive, it will take 8 votes to pwn a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 9 July 2020.
(9 days left)

--- farside22 ---
Mafia Goon
--- Sequentially Devoured by Snake Day 2!

-It is now Night 2!

-Kmd4390 is being prodded...

--Night 2 will end at 21:00 EDT (GMT-4) on Friday, 3 July 2020.

~intermission music~
CantLynchAPuppy, iamausername, Hoopla, AGar were on prime bussing spots, and I believe at this point I was thinking Hoop/AGar were town, plus Kmd had picked CLAP n1 so I could get some info via Kmd's results

I picked Reck because (1) he seems pretty universally town read but is getting shade for not stepping up, which might be scum not trying to take the spotlight and (2) I was tempted to target Vi but don't think I can, and didn't want to waste a night option.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Green Crayons »

No crumbs.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:23 am

Post by AGar »

No crumbs. N1/N2 tracks were pangs of gut. Already explained N3.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:25 am

Post by Green Crayons »

4 anti-town roles

1 or more/5 trackers being scum

we know trackers aren't in themselves broken. we've tracked people and have been shown who they target.

50/50 cop result

somewhat randomized scum kill

the 50/50 cop result is, at worst case scenario for town, giving up two VTs for 1 scum. pretty good deal for town. and if town waits, and can get associates, and gets the scum evicted first, really good deal for town.

it might be both 2/5 trackers are scum plus a mafia ninja, who presumably has been selecting the night actions. remember that farside was just a goon, so they aren't all automatically ninjas.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1, Vi wrote:Ruleset stolen from Vi for that authentic old-time feeling. Note that cfj wouldn't let me out of reviews without a swing warning.
What's this.

Presumably if Vi stop makes the kills, there's a swing?

I originally thought it was a recruitment/traitor mechanic.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 2163, Gammagooey wrote:Puppy whats the wacky bullshit going on
Kmd4390 wrote:I tracked gamma to iamausername
any particular reason you had for tracking me?
Someone said track the trackers and your çlaim was out of left field compared to agar and green crayons so figured I'd verify it. Also figured if you were scum you'd probably do the kill and claim it was a track so lol.

Not sure what to think of puppy's info. The ABR and Porkens kills weren't even weird. Like it makes sense scum would kill the guy who drove an elimination on scum and then a confirmed town . The only weird one is the one right after puppy claims having info. And puppy was under suspicion before claiming to have info. It's entirely possible puppy decided to come up with a revelation to look town. That one is just so out there though and there's a crumb so either this wasn't thought of last minute or they noticed that in their own post.

The one thing that stands out though is that if Puppy is telling the truth, gamma targeting iamausername means absolutely nothing. And neither do any of our track results except to verify who trackers actually are .

I guess if someone tracks Vi we could probably verify puppy's info that way, right?
Untrod Tripod wrote:
we know scum gets a revelation. Vi sometimes changing their target seems like a revelation scum would get.
Wouldn't Vi have been the N1 kill then?

On eliminating Vi, it's got a major pro and a major con. The pro is we have four chances to catch scum killing if they submit their own kill. The con is the kill is in scum's hands again. Looks like Vi can reset the votes though so unless it counts if we get it in before a vote count is posted, we can't do it anyway.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:03 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2216, VP Baltar wrote:Reck, did I miss the extent of your revelation? For some reason I have it in my head that you had some info we don't know yet.
no, you didn't miss anything
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

and for what it's worth i will not be fullclaiming my revelation at any point outside of ylo (what are we even calling lylo now) because fullclaiming my revelation would be inherently anti-town
green shirt thursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2233, xRECKONERx wrote:what are we even calling lylo now
YOLO obviously
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2231, Kmd4390 wrote:On eliminating Vi, it's got a major pro and a major con. The pro is we have four chances to catch scum killing if they submit their own kill. The con is the kill is in scum's hands again. Looks like Vi can reset the votes though so unless it counts if we get it in before a vote count is posted, we can't do it anyway.
I don't think Vi was so much resetting the votes as just making it clear you can't actually vote for Vi
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2189, Gammagooey wrote: If there's wacky mod bullshit happening, this seems at least worth a try:
VOTE: Vi
hah, i was actually thinking this might be a good idea the very second you posted this.

tis a shame vi has quashed this angle.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Well neat.

Looks like we have to do actual work, then.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2164, CantHateAPuppy wrote:though im really starting to think a ninja is highly likely.
Can you expand on why you think this?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

who else beyond me has not claimed yet? I still want to figure out if mass claiming just makes sense at this point.
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Blair »

I haven't claimed.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2239, VP Baltar wrote:who else beyond me has not claimed yet? I still want to figure out if mass claiming just makes sense at this point.
Blair, Hoopla, UT, Reck.....I think?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Vi »

Not Roasting:
AGar, CantLynchAPuppy, Green Crayons, Hoopla, Kmd4390, Starbuck, Untrod Tripod, VP Baltar, Gammagooey, Blair, xRECKONERx

--With 11 alive, it will take 6 votes to roast a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 22 July 2020.
(9 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2241, Starbuck wrote:
In post 2239, VP Baltar wrote:who else beyond me has not claimed yet? I still want to figure out if mass claiming just makes sense at this point.
Blair, Hoopla, UT, Reck.....I think?
Didn't UT claim VT? And I think Reck claimed VT with a revelation, I think?

If those are true, we are looking at just like a third of people left
YOUR AD HERE

CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2238, Blair wrote:
In post 2164, CantHateAPuppy wrote:though im really starting to think a ninja is highly likely.
two reasons:

1) 4 trackers moving around and no one has claimed to see any visits that weren't other trackers. the odds of that seem pretty low to me. even if one of those trackers is scum it seems improbable. (and there's no way 2/4 trackers are scum right? (??) )

2) vi clearly designed the setup around this, scum has to have a way to fight back. auro was a tracker so there was at least one, maybe 2 scum who could claim in the tracker group. and any kills could be explained away with some other claim because of the random kill mechanic. but no one is stepping up with an alibi about whey they have to make visits. scum probably have a role or a revelation that would help them here
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

anyways, now that the setup spec is all out there i think three things need to happen:

1) discuss massclaim (i'm in favor)

2) discuss tracker targets. i would appreciate trackers tonight targeting players who haven't been visited by any trackers yet. arguments welcome.

3) get back to work. i think the setup is designed to have all these red herrings that ultimately go null, which means we're can't waste too much time hoping the game will solve itself for us. so

VOTE: Reck

i think he's been hanging back during this tracker / setup stuff, in a kind of safe way, and i think he's been on the wrong side of all the wagons so far
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2195, xRECKONERx wrote:If we VOTE: Vi then I think the randomness stops which is kind of bad for us maybe? But also good for us.

Also those tracker results are all highly suspect.
this post specifically pinged my scumdar, because he didn't take a position on the discussion of whether i was lying or not, which seemed a hot topic a few pages back, as if he was waiting to see which direction to take things
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2245, CantHateAPuppy wrote:1) discuss massclaim (i'm in favor)
I think I'm in favor of this as well. Not seeing a lot of downside at this point. Someone speak if you see a good reason not to.
YOUR AD HERE

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2244, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 2238, Blair wrote:
two reasons:

puppy words were here
Isn't that all kind of moot now though - Like, you said your revelation says the kill is blocked and Vi does it instead right? Wouldn't that be effectively a ninja on its own unless that goes away somehow?

I don't want to read a lot tonight and feel like I should get a decent amount of reading done just to get my head on straight so I'm probably gonna lay off of posting for a bit until tomorrow night - as a last thing mass claim seems fine to me.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

if the kill is blocked and no one visits then its effectively the same thing, we cant track kills. if Vi confirms that blocked players arent seen moving anywhere, then maybe we can discuss my theories the trigger that ends this calamitous blocked tracker nonsense.

but, actually, if it were simple to end this state of affairs, it'd be really easy for town to win the game mechanically through

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”