Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by chkflip »

Vecna is town.
In post 1522, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1519, chkflip wrote:Hmm.

I don't like this vote.
Why not? And who else would you suggest I should vote?
I had to re-read it because at first it just looked like a long-winded OMGUS. But the point about the confirmed townie, though not entirely confirmed, does make sense. I too was a bit odd-stricken when I saw that reads list.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1525, chkflip wrote:though not entirely confirmed
I think I said this before, but let me reiterate:

Town!Pooky is either telling the truth or is absolutely confident in that read.
Scum!Pooky wouldn't do that to a partner, because if DGB is ever flipped he goes next.
Scum!Pooky could do it to Town!DGB though for any of these reasons: Pocketing, establishing fake associatives, or to pave the way for a NK on DGB (although that would be less likely because as a confirmed Townie any protective or Watcher are expected to be on her). Another elaborate reason (I dunno Pooky all that well) would be for us to precisely consider that last one, so scum have a safe kill elsewhere.

In short, the ONLY way DGB flips Scum is if Pooky is HARD TRing her and faking the mod-given info part.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by chkflip »

Hm. Hm. Agreed.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:27 am

Post by chkflip »

Bingle, you can skip the first 25 pages. I did and I'm doing fine lol
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:47 am

Post by Logicalicaltist »

In post 1498, chkflip wrote:
In post 1483, Bingle wrote:Lavender and Iec seem to be tied at 4, although I might endorse a TL flashwagon.

VOTE: Iec

Puts Iec in the lead at 5.
In post 1484, Iecerint wrote:VOTE: Lavender
I don't like either of these.
What about TL flash?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:27 am

Post by chkflip »

11 hours? Not in your lifetime, bud.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:28 am

Post by chkflip »

To be clear I'm talking about the votes themselves, not the wagons they're voting for.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:35 am

Post by chkflip »

Bungle (2): Doctor Drew, Elsa Jay
Lavender (5): username, Alchemist21, TemporalLich, pisskop, Iecerint
Iecerint (6): Vecna, chkflip, Pooky, Logical, Bingle, A50
Alchemist21 (1): DrippingGoofball
TemporalLich (1): Galron

Not Voting (1): Lavender

Drew/Elsa: Bungle is no longer happening.
DGB: Alchemist was never happening.
Galron: TemporalLich isn't happening today.

Change your votes.

Lavender: Lay a fucking vote down.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:38 am

Post by chkflip »

I'd like to see more from user, DGB, Elsa, Drew, Galron, and maybe even Alchemist before day's end but more importantly we need to pick one and hem them up. This is getting uncomfortably close.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:40 am

Post by chkflip »

DrippingGoofball Jun 27, 07:02pm Jul 09, 07:42pm 4 days 10 hours
@MOD: Is this getting prodded orrrr...?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Galron »

I guess this is better than no lynch, but I really haven't had the time to get comfortable yet.

VOTE: Icerint
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:26 am

Post by chkflip »

That's L-2.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:36 am

Post by username »

Y'all best kill me tonight because this counterwagon to save Lavender is so blatant that you may as well be posting your PT
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:39 am

Post by chkflip »

Who're the scums?
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:40 am

Post by username »

In post 1510, Vecna wrote:Talk to me about Doctor drew, somebody

I just went throw my own iso to refresh my mind and apparently I was townreading Iecerinth early game for wonky reasons

We were wagoning drew, then he said a bunch of stuff that apparently sounded towny-desperate or whatever. Was that really a good enough reason for us to stop murdering him?

I mean, he's scum, there's not much to talk about
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:43 am

Post by username »

In post 1538, chkflip wrote:Who're the scums?

You for one

Oh shit I revealed my secret scumread that tripped my 90% scumtell. Don't bother engaging with me on this if you're going to drag me into some toxic-ass screaming.

Bingle very likely replaced into a scum slot.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:51 am

Post by chkflip »

Color me
surprised
as the only person to really engage with you before you'd said that.

:lol:

We can agree on Bingle. Drew is ehhh but I get it if you haven't played with them. If I gave you a gun, are these the three you'd shoot from? Just curious as to how we're going to play tomorrow.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:54 am

Post by chkflip »

Drew, Bingle, Lavender, me.

What a fucked scum team.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Iecerint »

I am working all during the day, but will check in at noon to claim if need be.

Lavender is not my first or second choice for the day, but I think there is a reasonable chance they flip scum. I think they have different play in their completed town game that supports this. For example, in the last Baker game, instead of complaining that people are asking them to play the game, they still do say they do not know how to play and ask questions about what is happening, and the questions are germane to understanding the motivations for people's behavior.

Pedit: The 11.5th hour wagon on me is truly bizarre. Lavender's wagon being the specific "other" wagon is also a little bit weird tbh for this logic. I do think they might be scum, but I think it was A50/Alch/Gobbledy for the last week or so, right? So I would not expect a shift totally away from 3 non-scum (in the event of Alch!3p) and then to me and Lavender. I guess it's possible if they over-panicked. (I have not reviewed the chronology to confirm this, but that's my recollection.)
The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:03 am

Post by The Baker »

Vote Count 1.11

Iecerint (7): Vecna, chkflip, PookyTheMagicalBear, Logicalicaltist, Bingle, Almost50, Galron
Lavender (5): username, Alchemist21, TemporalLich, pisskop, Iecerint
Bingle (2): Doctor Drew, Elsa Jay
Alchemist21 (1): DrippingGoofball

Not Voting (1): Lavender

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to blast someone!
Day One ends on July 14th, 2020 at 9:00pm EST in (expired on 2020-07-14 21:00:00)
DGB has gotten the BIG prod.
I'm the mod. Dr Easy Bake is the main Baker. Debbie Doggie Do is the certified taste tester. Darth Baker is your father. Son of a Shepherd is a simpleton, yes?
Croissants for everybody!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:06 am

Post by username »

In post 1541, chkflip wrote:Color me
surprised
as the only person to really engage with you before you'd said that.

We can agree on Bingle. Drew is ehhh but I get it if you haven't played with them. If I gave you a gun, are these the three you'd shoot from? Just curious as to how we're going to play tomorrow.

Maybe fair enough about engagement and I don't know how accurate the tell is when I'm not posting as "myself," this is all very new to me, playing on an alt I mean.

My problem when I'm town is that I have severe trust issues in Mafia and I end up with way too many scum reads on day one. So it's easier to focus on the scummiest one in a large.

I've played with Drew before, but I don't accept "hes always scummy" as an out. It lets scummy players get away with scummy things, and even if they're always scummy, sometimes they're just scum. The counterpoint is that some players always look TOWN even when they're scum.

I admit to not being familiar with Lavender. I asked her for a scum game because I wanted to know if this is par for the course, but she claims not to have had any. This should reassure me about her being town if this is just her style, but it doesn't: we have no body of work to compare her scum game to.

I'd be willing to come off Lavender for Drew and maybe Bingle. I've barely been keeping up since Saturday or so, and as a result I'm not really invested in whatever the case is on Iec. Although I did find it bizarre that he was in two games with me that I referenced and somehow still thought I was someone else.

I hate day one.
username
username
Goon
username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:06 am

Post by username »

Back to your original question, if I had a gun, who I shot would be dependent on what today's execution flipped
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

Noon = 3 hours from now (PST)
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I’ll hammer Iecerint if need be but I still prefer Lavender.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1545, username wrote:I admit to not being familiar with Lavender. I asked her for a scum game because I wanted to know if this is par for the course, but she claims not to have had any. This should reassure me about her being town if this is just her style, but it doesn't: we have no body of work to compare her scum game to.
I read for her meta at the start of the day when I thought she was scum and wanted to rule-out playstyle.

Here's her iso in a previous Baker game. You can see that she has a similar style, but her stance is much more confident, less paranoid, more curious about the game, asking questions wanting to understand what is going on. For example, in this game, she accuses everyone of persecuting her for being a newb player, and in that game, she asks players what various words mean and asks why they said various things.

Here's her iso in yet another other Baker game. You can see the same pattern in this game.

I would not expert her to become more paranoid in her third Baker game for no reason. If there IS an extraneous circumstance for town!Lavender to change in this way, I would expect the player in the other two games to bring it directly into the thread (e.g., it might be something like, "Why do you persecute me when it's just that I am so busy! You must be scum!").

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”