Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2322, VP Baltar wrote:I know this is going to come as a shock to y'all, but I am ... wait for it ... a tracker.

N1: UT goes nowhere
N2: IAAU goes nowhere
N3: kmd visits Gamma

breadcrumbs: My first post of the game I said I "watched" ABR. End of D2 I said "I want to know if UT is actually
tracking
this game or not." And then early on D3, Hoopla asked if anyone could impress her by investigating IAAU, to which I replied "ooo, ooo, I'm a reporter." Hadn't breadcrumbed kmd track today since it seemed likely to be mass claim today.

I held out claiming yesterday during the tracker debacle because I hoped that I'd be the dark horse who lived after the mafia started killing the trackers...doesn't seem like it mattered now.
Would you fault me for thinking your crumbs could fit several different roles? The Day 2 one is spot on, of course, but the others are better fits as crumbs for different roles, not Tracker.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

...wow. 6 trackers

1/6 scum? 2/6 scum? 2/6 seems a lot more likely to me tbh. 2 scum trackers might also explain why auro didn't claim, and somehow i think it's a bigger troll for scum if they have two, and i think solving the setup just means figuring out what would make vi laugh the most
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by AGar »

Just when I thought we couldn't get any dumber.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Vi »

:right:
Blair (R-3)
~ Green Crayons, Hoopla, CantLynchAPuppy
xRECKONERx (R-5)
~
(CantLynchAPuppy, Hoopla,)
Blair

Not Roasting:
AGar,
(Green Crayons,)
Kmd4390, Starbuck, Untrod Tripod, VP Baltar, Gammagooey,
(Blair,)
xRECKONERx

--With 11 alive, it will take 6 votes to roast a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 22 July 2020.
(8 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2294, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2289, Starbuck wrote:^^^ That is what I needed. I'm not voting Reck today.
WHAT did u need exactly
You to not be so dejected.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2325, Blair wrote:
In post 2322, VP Baltar wrote:I know this is going to come as a shock to y'all, but I am ... wait for it ... a tracker.

N1: UT goes nowhere
N2: IAAU goes nowhere
N3: kmd visits Gamma

breadcrumbs: My first post of the game I said I "watched" ABR. End of D2 I said "I want to know if UT is actually
tracking
this game or not." And then early on D3, Hoopla asked if anyone could impress her by investigating IAAU, to which I replied "ooo, ooo, I'm a reporter." Hadn't breadcrumbed kmd track today since it seemed likely to be mass claim today.

I held out claiming yesterday during the tracker debacle because I hoped that I'd be the dark horse who lived after the mafia started killing the trackers...doesn't seem like it mattered now.
Would you fault me for thinking your crumbs could fit several different roles? The Day 2 one is spot on, of course, but the others are better fits as crumbs for different roles, not Tracker.
Writing the word tracker repeatedly would seem a little on the nose.

I've also never been particularly good at breadcrumbs. Shrug.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2326, CantHateAPuppy wrote:...wow. 6 trackers

1/6 scum? 2/6 scum? 2/6 seems a lot more likely to me tbh. 2 scum trackers might also explain why auro didn't claim, and somehow i think it's a bigger troll for scum if they have two, and i think solving the setup just means figuring out what would make vi laugh the most
Maybe. Given the trackers are all neutered (assuming your revelation is truthful), I'm considering this a vanilla setup. I think scum could be anywhere.

I still think kmd is probably the most suspicious of the trackers, but he was truthful about his night action
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2331, VP Baltar wrote:

Maybe. Given the trackers are all neutered (assuming your revelation is truthful), I'm considering this a vanilla setup. I think scum could be anywhere.

I still think kmd is probably the most suspicious of the trackers, but he was truthful about his night action
Actually, I'm kind of confused about the logic you're using to say 2/6 is more likely...you're getting there because Auro claimed VT?
YOUR AD HERE

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2293, Blair wrote:What am I holding back, and why am I holding it back?
1. I don’t believe I have any experience with you personally, but you definitely have a forceful, logical personality from what I can tell based on your early push of Starbuck, plus how others have described you.

But since your Starbuck push, you’ve been very much a follower. You haven’t been leading pushes, or suspicions. It doesn’t really “fit” my sense of what your personality is like.

2. I think this game is hard for everyone, in part because of the wonky setup, but also because we have a lot of good players, and a lot of folks who have discordant play styles.

Recognizing this, I do accept that there will be some deviation of how folks might normally play. I’ve certainly felt off early on. I know UT also mentioned it. But that doesn’t last once things start clicking—you get used to the personalities at play, you roll with the setup punches, etc.

But I don’t feel like you’ve got a rhythm. It doesn't seem like you want to get one. That could come from town, sure, but from a player who doesn’t really want to play. Which isn’t any of us.

So that leads me to feeling that you’re thrown off of your usual player rhythm—or maybe pretending to be thrown off like some town have articulated—and aren’t trying to get back into a rhythm of scumhunting. Which is scummy.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

This is all pretty fucking squishy. I admit. But it feels right.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

also lol @ VP tracker
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2304, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 2300, Hoopla wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: blair

claim please.
VOTE: blair

ill try this on for a moment.
@reck
, i thought we were doing a popcorn massclaim, did you want to pass the baton
no i think massclaim is stupid
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2329, Starbuck wrote:
In post 2294, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2289, Starbuck wrote:^^^ That is what I needed. I'm not voting Reck today.
WHAT did u need exactly
You to not be so dejected.
hello darling that entire post was written from dejection city population me
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

so if we assume 2 mafia trackers (which fucking honestly seems likely) then we're pretty evenly divided into:

one scum in {me/blair/clap/hoopla/starbuck/ut}
one scum in {agar/gc/kmd/gamma/vpb}

right?
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2336, xRECKONERx wrote:no i think massclaim is stupid
Like in general or in this game? Neither seems like a good thought.
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i mean this game specifically but now that we have 6 trackers on the table i guess it really doesn't fucking matter that much bc this game is pants on head
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2340, xRECKONERx wrote:i mean this game specifically but now that we have 6 trackers on the table i guess it really doesn't fucking matter that much bc this game is pants on head
Don't forget to light them on fire
YOUR AD HERE

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2338, xRECKONERx wrote:one scum in {me/blair/clap/hoopla/starbuck/ut}
one scum in {agar/gc/kmd/gamma/vpb}
Seems right to me.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

so if we're thinking that then imo it makes more sense to lynch among the trackers bc it's a smaller pool and we can pseudo-clear the remaining trackers
and if we nail the scum, with 1 scum left, there's zero path to victory for them as long as two of the other trackers remain alive
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2331, VP Baltar wrote:

Oh nm, I misread this. Thought you were saying both of the remaining scum were among the trackers, which was ?????

I can definitely see 2/6 total being scum and the other scum role being something like a ninja so they can't get caught out by tracker mania. Seems like the most likely setup to give you a tense xylo situation
YOUR AD HERE

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Hoopla »

hah, two trackers targeted iaau because they were so desperate to impress me. think for yourselves!

still thinking about what to do next...
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2333, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2293, Blair wrote:What am I holding back, and why am I holding it back?
1. I don’t believe I have any experience with you personally, but you definitely have a forceful, logical personality from what I can tell based on your early push of Starbuck, plus how others have described you.

But since your Starbuck push, you’ve been very much a follower. You haven’t been leading pushes, or suspicions. It doesn’t really “fit” my sense of what your personality is like.

2. I think this game is hard for everyone, in part because of the wonky setup, but also because we have a lot of good players, and a lot of folks who have discordant play styles.

Recognizing this, I do accept that there will be some deviation of how folks might normally play. I’ve certainly felt off early on. I know UT also mentioned it. But that doesn’t last once things start clicking—you get used to the personalities at play, you roll with the setup punches, etc.

But I don’t feel like you’ve got a rhythm. It doesn't seem like you want to get one. That could come from town, sure, but from a player who doesn’t really want to play. Which isn’t any of us.

So that leads me to feeling that you’re thrown off of your usual player rhythm
This is a pretty accurate assessment.

The better explanation, I would say, is that I always play kind of "aloof" in larger games. I'm more comfortable (and therefore, aggressive) in smaller setups.

The most recent large game I participated in prior to this one was SIR Disease Mafia - in which my play was similar. I had one spirited back-and-forth with a single player when I was confident I'd found scum, but otherwise hung back a lot.

If I survive down to final seven or so, you'll likely see some more energy from me. Until then, large-game apathy is coinciding with we're-winning apathy and impede my attention span.

I do think Reck's awkward revelation claim is worth pushing, and I also really hate VP's Tracker claim.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2331, VP Baltar wrote:Maybe. Given the trackers are all neutered (assuming your revelation is truthful), I'm considering this a vanilla setup. I think scum could be anywhere.

i agree with this post - i think scum could be anywhere, and we should be executing with an emphasis on behaviour as opposed to what makes sense from night play.

KMD is probably the tracker i want dead most, but i'm happy sitting on my blair vote for now. hers is a slot that hasn't received enough pressure throughout the game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2346, Blair wrote:I do think Reck's awkward revelation claim is worth pushing, and I also really hate VP's Tracker claim.
Both of these need deeper explanation
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2346, Blair wrote:I do think Reck's awkward revelation claim is worth pushing, and I also really hate VP's Tracker claim.
go ahead. i'm not claiming. that's where that goes. have fun.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”