Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Blair »

Proposal:

[Tracker A] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Tracker B] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Tracker C] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Vi]

[Tracker D] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Tracker E] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Tracker F] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Vi]
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2374, Blair wrote:
In post 2370, xRECKONERx wrote:rather than scum coming up with some really overly complex big strategy D1 to feed farside revelation info and fake out who has it all super early in the game?
Mafia PT
Scum A:
OK guys, I got a revelation along with my role! Here it is: [revelation]

Scum B:
Interesting!

Scum C:
Hey guys, how would you feel if I claimed I had that revelation instead? I won't actually say what it is, just that I have one (for now, at least).

Scum D:
Sounds good to me.

I'm not sure I'd characterize it as a "really overly complex big strategy." :|
what is the actual scum motivation to do any of this
green shirt thursdays
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2375, Blair wrote:
Proposal:

[Tracker A] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Tracker B] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Tracker C] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Vi]

[Tracker D] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Tracker E] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Tracker F] >>>>Tracks>>>> [Vi]
a) the 6th tracker is auro and is dead mafia

b)trackers tracking trackers is fine and all I guess since I don't think any useful results are going to come out of any trackers anyway this game but I'm personally very tempted by "random.org goes brrrr"
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:28 am

Post by AGar »

In post 2375, Blair wrote:
Proposal:

Which of the 5 tracker claims do you doubt is a tracker? Just VPB?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2376, xRECKONERx wrote:what is the actual scum motivation to do any of this
Without knowing what their revelation actually is, it's difficult to speculate.

I'm just not willing to hang my hat on "There's no way scum would like about having a revelation."
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2378, AGar wrote:Which of the 5 tracker claims do you doubt is a tracker? Just VPB?
I think either of the two who offered to track Vi have a higher likelihood of being scum.

(Bear in mind VP Baltar just seamlessly transitioned from "Me fake claiming is risky because I could get caught tomorrow based on who I track tonight" to "Sure, I'll track the mod tonight")
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:11 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2379, Blair wrote:
In post 2376, xRECKONERx wrote:what is the actual scum motivation to do any of this
Without knowing what their revelation actually is, it's difficult to speculate.

I'm just not willing to hang my hat on "There's no way scum would like about having a revelation."
i mean, my entire point isn't "there's no way scum would lie about having a revelation" just that i think it's far more likely they didn't lie?

and if you think i'm scum, then you're basically saying that farside lied about having a revelation that i actually have? or something? when i softclaimed my revelation really early as well

just saying it really doesn't make much sense
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2380, Blair wrote:
In post 2378, AGar wrote:Which of the 5 tracker claims do you doubt is a tracker? Just VPB?
I think either of the two who offered to track Vi have a higher likelihood of being scum.

(Bear in mind VP Baltar just seamlessly transitioned from "Me fake claiming is risky because I could get caught tomorrow based on who I track tonight" to "Sure, I'll track the mod tonight")
You think GC and myself have a greater likelihood of being scum than kmd?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:21 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

two trackers on vi is enough; if one dies and the other lies, it'll be a me v. tracker 1v1, and i don't think scum could afford to win by making that kind of trade.

but, sure, maybe there's a roleblocker or something else wonky (i doubt it). blair, who would you suggest to be the third tracker on vi?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm not going to dig for the very first post, but SB had revealed her 50/50 cop role at least by Post 1317:
In post 1317, Starbuck wrote:
In post 1314, Hoopla wrote:is this information you received pre-game? if so, why didn't you claim it D1 so we had a 50/50 to lynch from.
Because I felt that ABR had similar information re: Auro and VPB and I wanted to see if I was correct. The revelation only came to me when he admitted to lying to Auro about scumreading VPB. Scum killing ABR last night just solidified it for me.

I know I'm town. I know that one of Porkens and farside is scum. It could be farside, too, but her frustration with Auro came off way town to me.

I assume that ABR had a similar setup. He knew that he was town and that one of VPB and Auro were scum.
farside "revealed" her revelation status much later, in Post 1445:
In post 1445, farside22 wrote:Just an fyi i had some info too, which was why I believed star. My info helps scum more then town tbf.
It's not exactly BDE for a scum, who is caught in a 50/50 cop result, to throw out "yeah I have a revelation, no I won't tell you because it hurts town," regardless of whether that's true or not
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Like, it doesn't take pre-planning for scum, WHO IS CAUGHT IN A 50/50 COP RESULT, to throw out a bit of fake info that nobody could ever confirm or deny to try to push the lynch off of them for another day.

I don't even see why this is a rabbit hole we're going down.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Maybe reck is not remembering correctly when farside claimed?

Regarding tracking, I'm not thinking Blair should be devising the plan. I'm happy to do whatever, but Blair is out to lunch and not above the suspicion line in my eyes. Would much rather SB/Agar be the deciders on any tracking plan.

My initial thought is two on Vi and others go as they please. There is still a possibility we can catch out a VT moving at night as well if scum don't have something to hide that. Several trackers have already been tracked to places they said they went it seems.
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Blair »

I mean, I literally didn't assign any particular players to any particular tracks, so I'm not sure what danger you think you're avoiding there.

Whatever. If we find out in endgame that Puppy was lying or the Tracker(s) who targeted Vi were lying, I preemptively accept everyone's apology.

In the mean time, less posturing, more voting Reck.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Starbuck »

VPB, who are we voting today?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2382, VP Baltar wrote:

YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VOTE: kmd
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ugh no

VOTE: unvote
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

inb4 blair calls that posturing but like
writing down kmd's name legit had a physical feeling in my gut as i pressed submit. i dont know why. it feels like so much bait.
green shirt thursdays
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:46 am

Post by AGar »

Why would you posit GC is scum? Based off of yesterday’s bullshit, GC only makes sense as scum with a kmd flip as scum.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2388, Starbuck wrote:VPB, who are we voting today?
I want to do some gut check rereading before deciding.
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2389, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2382, VP Baltar wrote:

You're conflating "either" with "and" here, I assume deliberately, but otherwise yes. I believe there is a higher likelihood that either your or GC are scum than the likelihood that KMD is scum.
In post 2393, AGar wrote:

Why would you posit GC is scum? Based off of yesterday’s bullshit, GC only makes sense as scum with a kmd flip as scum.
The "why" is accomplished by "offered to track Vi" - this is town's opportunity to verify Puppy's claim (or refute it). I expect scum to jump to volunteer.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2395, Blair wrote:The "why" is accomplished by "offered to track Vi" - this is town's opportunity to verify Puppy's claim (or refute it). I expect scum to jump to volunteer.
anyone who reads AI into a tracker confirming Vi making the kill is playing wrong

all that shows is that they have shown that they are indeed a tracker

(and, actually, it doesn't prove them to be a tracker, it just makes CLAP's setup story more likely)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I suppose I can see why scum would jump at the opportunity to look like they are helping

but not sure why it's more likely to come from scum than town
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Blair »

If Puppy is telling the truth: Scum Tracker can lie, say Vi visited no one, we vote out Puppy

If Puppy is lying: Scum Tracker can lie, (kill the other Tracker targeting Vi) say Vi visited the kill, we mistakenly trust Puppy and Scum Tracker
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm fine with a third tracker tracking Vi.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”