Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Blair »

Excellent, you have chosen to embark upon the Path of Wisdom™

You're halfway there! Now vote for xRECKONERx
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

blair still has no actual reason to vote me
green shirt thursdays
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Blair »

So you do care! :wink:
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I think 2288 is the most suspicious think Reck has done. Which is to say, he hasn't really been suspicious. 2288
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

hit submit too soon

2288 looks like what scum might do to try to get some freeform thoughts down to tug at some town feelings for the reader. but overall, I'm not impressed with Reck suspicions.

What else you got?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I straight up don't believe that Vi is doing kills every night and that the kills aren't at least partially scum directed
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2404, Green Crayons wrote:hit submit too soon

2288 looks like what scum might do to try to get some freeform thoughts down to tug at some town feelings for the reader. but overall, I'm not impressed with Reck suspicions.

What else you got?
I don't like his misrepresentation of Farside's revelation claim ("Farside claimed SO EARLY I doubt scum would have planned such a master plan since game start" - it wasn't early at all and Farside was already in a 1v1 to the death with Porkens).

His
"I'm not claiming my revelation, vote me if you want, I care not"
and
"I'll just make one last, valiant attempt at a solve before you vote me out"
posts also seem LAMIST.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 2398, Blair wrote:If Puppy is telling the truth: Scum Tracker can lie, say Vi visited no one, we vote out Puppy

If Puppy is lying: Scum Tracker can lie, (kill the other Tracker targeting Vi) say Vi visited the kill, we mistakenly trust Puppy and Scum Tracker
If a scum tracker lies and puppy flips town, scum tracker dies next. I don't think scum would do that. If puppy is scum with a tracker they won't say Hi targeted no one and get their scumbuddy eliminated. Personally though if puppy is scum I feel like gamma almost has to be scum too for visiting iamausername. The only exception is if puppy is scum AND scum have no control over their kills which I don't find likely.
Untrod Tripod wrote: I straight up don't believe that Vi is doing kills every night and that the kills aren't at least partially scum directed
This is why I'm still leaning puppy/gamma because those ABR and Porkens kills just make too much sense for scum. It only got weird after puppy claimed to have info. But if I'm right, this game is already won and we have room to look elsewhere and try to confirm puppy. And if I'm wrong, we obviously don't want puppy dead today anyway. What I'm trying to decide is if my result on gamma should be treated as a guilty or not. Because it very well could be, but at the same time we've been offered a possible explanation by puppy. So the possibilities are:
A) Puppy is lying and gamma killed iamausername as an attempt to back up puppy. Gamma and Puppy are scum
B) Puppy is town. Scum didn't kill ABR or Porkens. Gamma could be either a town tracker or scum tracker but either way he legitimately tracked iamausername who just happened to be the kill.
C) I just thought of this but maybe scum had a way to roleblock Vi N1 and N2 and info about Vi, but it failed N3? In this scenario puppy could probably be either alignment and probably gamma too.

^A feels like the Occam's razor explanation at first glance . I dunno. Like I said, that's the way I'm leaning. If I'm wrong I feel like exactly one of Hoopla/UT is probably scum. Maybe Reck for the other? I don't think it's Blair. I don't think it's Agar or Green Crayons because of how they counterclaimed me. And I still can't see Starbuck as scum with the farside info or VP after being an auto counterwagon. Puppy's info doesn't clear gamma so he can still be scum too but I've been mostly been townreading his slot. I do think if a tracker claim is scum it's him but I don't really suspect him unless my result is a guilty.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Blair »

Path of Wisdom™

Vote xRECKONERx
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

Nope, you were wrong when you pushed propaganda like the above with username and I think you're wrong here, too.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2406, Blair wrote:
In post 2404, Green Crayons wrote:hit submit too soon

What else you got?
I don't like his misrepresentation of Farside's revelation claim ("Farside claimed SO EARLY I doubt scum would have planned such a master plan since game start" - it wasn't early at all and Farside was already in a 1v1 to the death with Porkens).

His
"I'm not claiming my revelation, vote me if you want, I care not"
and
"I'll just make one last, valiant attempt at a solve before you vote me out"
posts also seem LAMIST.
i mean it was relatively early in the game. claiming a revelation bc someone else claimed you are in a 50/50 doesn't really do anything to stop the 50/50, i don't see how it's relevant

you're kinda misrepresenting my position here actually, like, my point has pretty much centered on the fact that it's easier for scum to play truthfully than it is to make up a lie for no reason. and yes, despite your assertions to the contrary, figuring out that the person with the actual revelation shouldn't claim it and instead give it to farside who was dead scum caught in a 50/50 with no escape... yeah, that's a bit more complex than simple fakeclaiming. why give the claim to farside when she's already dead in the water?

and regardless. the point is i believe farside had a revelation bc i think that's the most likely scenario and scum wouldn't want to lie that big that early imo. that's it. the rest is window dressing.

i'm not claiming my revelation, though i'm not sure how that's "look how town i am" and not suicidal to do if i'm scum? refusing to claim gets people killed pretty quickly.
to your second point... i was very fucking specifically asked for thoughts on the game. i even pointed out any real scumreads would be pulling myself out of my ass. how is that "making one last valiant attempt at a solve"? it was me admitting i dont have any strong conviction and doing some light vote count analysis

what fantasy world are you living in blair
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

also something is bugging me about starbuck's revelation but i can't put a finger on it. like the mod straight up just put a role in that nails scum for free? really? it's like even more powerful than a cop tbh.
green shirt thursdays
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Hoopla »

still trying to wrap my head around this game. i have been adrift for a while, and feel lost.
In post 2338, xRECKONERx wrote:so if we assume 2 mafia trackers (which fucking honestly seems likely) then we're pretty evenly divided into:

one scum in {me/blair/clap/hoopla/starbuck/ut}
one scum in {agar/gc/kmd/gamma/vpb}

right?
on a reread this is a take i agree with.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Hoopla »

in the mean time i am offering my vote to any noble town shepherd requiring sheep.

only nice, honest, dreamy candidates prepared to lead with earnestness apply.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Hoopla »

i agree with these two reads;
In post 2354, Gammagooey wrote:AGar is willing to fight everyone in his early game posts and attacks Auro when Auro's posts are garbage while also not going into big explanations about it for potential towncred, GC feels genuine in his scumhunting and his reactions to people, (example from my notes: I like GC's posts on page 9 for town even though if I went into why deeper it would wind up being something like 'lazy at first but checks and corrects himself' being slightly more likely to come from town than scum which is dumb but I still like it).
agar's and GC's reactions during the tracker claiming fiasco seemed most town, and i would sheep either of them.

i would sheep you also gammagooey.

who are we kiling?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2372, xRECKONERx wrote:my revelation could be associated with the word "smoke"

that's all i'll say on it
smoking gun? smoke and mirrors?

there's no smoke without fire?

put that in your pipe and smoke it?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2411, xRECKONERx wrote:also something is bugging me about starbuck's revelation but i can't put a finger on it. like the mod straight up just put a role in that nails scum for free? really? it's like even more powerful than a cop tbh.
Wait so you believe farside but doubt Starbuck? You are confusing me man.

I think one (or possibly more with AbR?) pieces of free info to town seems fair in game where all the town PRs are basically yakety sax.

Also, you're saying your info basically only helps town and puppy's is semi suspicious. Doesn't seem OP to me at all.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2411, xRECKONERx wrote:also something is bugging me about starbuck's revelation but i can't put a finger on it. like the mod straight up just put a role in that nails scum for free? really? it's like even more powerful than a cop tbh.
It definitely would make sense if we really do have 5 billion trackers and no other investigative type roles. Same with ABR.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2412, Hoopla wrote:still trying to wrap my head around this game. i have been adrift for a while, and feel lost.
In post 2338, xRECKONERx wrote:so if we assume 2 mafia trackers (which fucking honestly seems likely) then we're pretty evenly divided into:

one scum in {me/blair/clap/hoopla/starbuck/ut}
one scum in {agar/gc/kmd/gamma/vpb}

right?
on a reread this is a take i agree with.
If we go off of this, I think either a Blair or a KMD would probably be best today.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Hoopla »

maybe KMD would be a better direction, as he is the standout choice amongst the trackers imo.

whereas the non-tracker pool i'm much less sure about. three or four of those slots i see as having a reasonable chance.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Something interesting, although probably OMGUS-y from my POV, is that both of them came full bore at me on Day 1 and then when they didn't get what they wanted, they've pretty much sat back ever since.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I have finished reading the things that I care about and this is what I want

VOTE: Untrod Tripod

I think Reck looks townier than UT both d2 and d3. Blair going a bit manic with setup speculation and planning (and also jumping at the ABR wagon d1) feels more likely to come from town trying to lock scum down/be the hero of the game respectively than scum - the benefits of her reaching out and exposing herself with those things pretty far outweighs the potential scum benefits.

I don't particularly like UT's pushes on IAAU early d3 and Kmd late d3, and he was pretty willing to vote every person that was yeetable d3. UT is generally more bloodthirsty than your average player, but from my possibly flawed memory it's generally on people who deserve it through poor play. Auro clearly fit that d1 but UT wasn't on the wagon 'til late, and not having a town read on any of the popular wagons at all d3 just feels a bit sketch.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

VOTE: Blair

I wanted to go back and read her actions around Farside to make sure I was not misremembering, but Blair's play this game has been atrocious. She actively avoided both the Auro and farside wagons, even when evidence piled up. It strikes me as pretty illogical play coming from a fairly illogical player. She's used self-meta to defend against this, but I don't really buy that this game is like any other game. I think everyone in this game is a really unique personality and nobody is a doormat. I think scum is struggling to run this game because the town players are just so damn town. Blair has also made several arguments against people that seem like they are not really reading the game and context closely to really assess where people are coming from (Starbuck, ABR, my claim, etc.)

The best points Blair has made all game are against Reck's info, but Reck could just be difficult..soo
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2422, VP Baltar wrote:but Reck could just be difficult..soo
I lol'd.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

p.s.

we have like a full week left until deadline

I'm perfectly fine with other people voting Blair until she condenses her paranoia into something that resembles a case on Reck and/or someone else being scum based on their dayplay

but I would also like people who have a townread on UT to come fight me about it and tell me why I'm wrong
@GC - you're the first person who came to mind who I think was townreading UT earlier so if you can go into a little more detail about your UT thoughts I'd appreciate it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”