~ Gammagooey
Kmd4390 (R-6)
~
(xRECKONERx)

Not Roasting:
AGar, Kmd4390, Starbuck, Untrod Tripod,
(VP Baltar, Gammagooey, xRECKONERx,)
xRECKONERx

--With 11 alive, it will take 6 votes to roast a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 22 July 2020.
(7 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

the only reason i don't scumread UT is for not believing my mechanic claim, when i think after 3 kills scum must be wondering what's going on and be willing to accept what i'm saying (same goes for reck, otherwise both of these players would be in my like-to-lynch category)
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2426, CantHateAPuppy wrote:the only reason i don't scumread UT is for not believing my mechanic claim, when i think after 3 kills scum must be wondering what's going on and be willing to accept what i'm saying (same goes for reck, otherwise both of these players would be in my like-to-lynch category)
most of the game thought you were being at least slightly sketch with wanting AGar's n2 track before revealing your info - he's very capable of joining other people on that and then following through with a slight scumread on you afterwards for it as scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Do the trackers know what they are doing tonight?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2428, Starbuck wrote:Do the trackers know what they are doing tonight?
Not a fucking clue at the moment.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

man imagine reading through this whole slog of mechanical bullshit and coming to the conclusion that the one person who you need to yeet is one of the ONLY slots who won't clear anything up by flipping as either alignment

that's a real commitment to not solving the game
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 2422, VP Baltar wrote:VOTE: Blair

I wanted to go back and read her actions around Farside to make sure I was not misremembering, but Blair's play this game has been atrocious. She actively avoided both the Auro and farside wagons, even when evidence piled up. It strikes me as pretty illogical play coming from a fairly illogical player. She's used self-meta to defend against this, but I don't really buy that this game is like any other game. I think everyone in this game is a really unique personality and nobody is a doormat. I think scum is struggling to run this game because the town players are just so damn town. Blair has also made several arguments against people that seem like they are not really reading the game and context closely to really assess where people are coming from (Starbuck, ABR, my claim, etc.)

The best points Blair has made all game are against Reck's info, but Reck could just be difficult..soo
Wasn't morning tweet run up for being wrong on reads too?
In post 2428, Starbuck wrote:Do the trackers know what they are doing tonight?
Nope.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2422, VP Baltar wrote:It strikes me as pretty illogical play coming from a fairly illogical player
#rude
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Blair »

If I'm banished today you all better make sure Puppy commits to an actual read on me first (since he's voting for me but I can't actually remember him giving a read on me ~anywhere~ in the game).

Puppy is not being a very good boi.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Blair »

Also, I know I've been a bit disconnected this game, but I definitely get the sense I'm being gaslit right now - make sure you re-examine that post-flip.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Blair »

If there isn't scum inside: {VP Baltar / Gammagooey} or {Green Crayons / xRECKONERx}

Then I'm at a loss.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Blair »

Note for VP Baltar (if you're town - if not, then you already know this):

You don't get to label my play in this game atrocious based on me opposing two scum lynches unless there's an actual ~reason~ why my opposition was scummy independent of the flip.

If that were how it worked, you would be atrocious right now for misreading me. :wink:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2432, Blair wrote:
In post 2422, VP Baltar wrote:It strikes me as pretty illogical play coming from a fairly illogical player
#rude
TYPO. illogical play from a
logical
player
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2435, Blair wrote:If there isn't scum inside: {VP Baltar / Gammagooey} or {Green Crayons / xRECKONERx}

Then I'm at a loss.
why are these your groupings?

I can kind of see your reason why for VP/me since I poked at VPB a bit while still saying he's probtown but I don't see why GC/Reck would be scum together or why one of GC/Reck would be scum and not the other.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2430, Untrod Tripod wrote:man imagine reading through this whole slog of mechanical bullshit and coming to the conclusion that the one person who you need to yeet is one of the ONLY slots who won't clear anything up by flipping as either alignment

i have no idea what this post means, pleas help?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2436, Blair wrote:You don't get to label my play in this game atrocious based on me opposing two scum lynches unless there's an actual ~reason~ why my opposition was scummy independent of the flip.
I think I laid out a very clear case why Auro was scum D1. His play also became increasingly erratic and nonsensical as pressure mounted on him. I'd expect you to be good with yeeting that.

On Farside, it was 50/50 with Porkens...and then she claimed a BS "never gonna tell you" revelation, which you seem to think was scummy (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not saying you necessarily HAD to flip over there, but you just kind of camped on Porkens and again avoided what looked like flailing from Farside.

I'm reading you as the type of person with a highly attuned BS meter, so why would you not pick up on those things? I guess that's also what I mean by illogical play from a logical player.

I feel like I've been periodically poking you for a good amount of the game, saying "hey try harder because your play doesn't look great," and the line of 'let me get to 7 and then you'll be wow'ed' doesn't do a lot for me.
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2438, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 2435, Blair wrote:If there isn't scum inside: {VP Baltar / Gammagooey} or {Green Crayons / xRECKONERx}

Then I'm at a loss.

I can kind of see your reason why for VP/me since I poked at VPB a bit while still saying he's probtown but I don't see why GC/Reck would be scum together or why one of GC/Reck would be scum and not the other.
Green Crayons is there for generally being on the outskirts of my radar all game - compounded by jumping to volunteer to track Vi. Reck, I've gone over already.
In post 2439, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 2430, Untrod Tripod wrote:man imagine reading through this whole slog of mechanical bullshit and coming to the conclusion that the one person who you need to yeet is one of the ONLY slots who won't clear anything up by flipping as either alignment

i have no idea what this post means, pleas help?
Puppy, please respond to .
In post 2440, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2436, Blair wrote:You don't get to label my play in this game atrocious based on me opposing two scum lynches unless there's an actual ~reason~ why my opposition was scummy independent of the flip.
I think I laid out a very clear case why Auro was scum D1. His play also became increasingly erratic and nonsensical as pressure mounted on him. I'd expect you to be good with yeeting that.

On Farside, it was 50/50 with Porkens...and then she claimed a BS "never gonna tell you" revelation, which you seem to think was scummy (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not saying you necessarily HAD to flip over there, but you just kind of camped on Porkens and again avoided what looked like flailing from Farside.

I'm reading you as the type of person with a highly attuned BS meter, so why would you not pick up on those things? I guess that's also what I mean by illogical play from a logical player.

I feel like I've been periodically poking you for a good amount of the game, saying "hey try harder because your play doesn't look great," and the line of 'let me get to 7 and then you'll be wow'ed' doesn't do a lot for me.
Auro:
I was pretty openly conflicted about Auro on Day 1, and I don't think it's really fair for you to hold against me that
you
feel that
your
case on him was strong enough that I should have agreed with it. What can I say here? Of course you felt your own case was very persuasive. Will you be wagoning everyone who didn't sheep it, or just me?

Farside:
Porkens was the one who initiated the last minute counterwagon immediately before Auro was flipped. I seem to recall Starbuck, the person who presented this 1v1 to us in the first place, was also eyeing Porkens at the time? It's hardly unimaginable that a Townie wouldn't vote Farside (there were several of us).

It feels like this case sort of boils down to...
"Blair, you're better than this."
I'm flattered, but... I don't think I'm so good that it is inconceivable that I would vote for townies on Day 1 and Day 2. :?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Blair »

Because I think it's useful information, of the remaining living players, 2.5 players were off-wagon for both scum lynches:

1.) Blair
2.) Kmd4390
2.5) xRECKONERx (.5 because he was almost a full-fledged member of this list but he swooped in to hammer Farside - which I feel is worth mentioning in this list, sue me)

Everyone else was involved pre-hammer in at least one of those wagons.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Blair »

For posterity, the other (non-living) player who did not join either scum-wagon was Morning Tweet.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Blair wrote:
In post 2438, Gammagooey wrote:

Then I'm at a loss.

Green Crayons is there for generally being on the outskirts of my radar all game - compounded by jumping to volunteer to track Vi. Reck, I've gone over already.
Tell ya what, if you get roasted today then I'll be the 3rd tracker on Vi. If you could maybe take a break from responding to everything and everybody for a bit tomorrow and just read over reck's play from before this game day and say what you like and don't like about it I'd appreciate it.

I started typing up something similar to this earlier today and wound up not posting it, but Vi games aren't usually kind to town. They're generally balanced or at least fairly close to it, but they almost never let town town coast to victory for doing well early or give town a clear path to victory from figuring out the setup itself.

It feels like you're focusing almost exclusively today on figuring out the setup over figuring out who the most likely scum is from dayplay, and I think that's a mistake. I'm not convinced by you pushing for Reck's revelation making him scum, and it doesn't feel like many other people are willing to vote him solely off that, but I could be wrong about that. But if he is scum, he's been scum the whole game and his play will reflect that in other ways, even if they're subtle or superfically misleading, and I think if you're genuinely convinced that Reck's scum that putting in the effort to go over his play in detail is going to go a lot further than trying to shove people into voting him now or after your death without doing so - This is frankly one of the best playerlists I think I've ever played with in my decade on-site, and I think you might be surprised by how willing they are to listen and figure shit out with ya as long as you're willing to put in the effort to explain the details and nuances of your suspicions here.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by Blair »

(I'm not scumreading Reck based on setup spec but ok)
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Blair »

You know what?

VOTE: CantLynchAPuppy

Will not explain.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

and while I'm here YOU

Who do you actually want dead today

If it's Puppy you should probably vote him unless him being confirmed as telling the truth about Vi doing the kills makes him nigh impossible to be scum in your eyes, he's got
no
one votes on him and waiting to have three trackers on Vi to confirm something that wouldn't even convince you of his alignment sure seems dumb to me

If it's not then either say what you're thinking or put in the effort to decide on who's most likely scum now that said mechanical bullshit is being taken care of
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2444, Gammagooey wrote:Tell ya what, if you get roasted today then I'll be the 3rd tracker on Vi. If you could maybe take a break from responding to everything and everybody for a bit tomorrow and just read over reck's play from before this game day and say what you like and don't like about it I'd appreciate it.
I agree with this.

It also just doesn't fit for me that you are basing your reck case off this when you ignored farside's same action. If there is more to reck, explain it.
YOUR AD HERE

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2431, Kmd4390 wrote:Wasn't morning tweet run up for being wrong on reads too?
She was within the PoE, for me, and I appreciate that being resolved. On top of that, chkflp had an opportunity to redeem the slot and chose to add a bunch of spam to the thread. I'm not sad about removing that element.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”