Micro 952 - The Coalition: ItGBSMoD [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 1477, Alduskkel wrote:i feel like i have 0 clout in this game and it's very frustrating because it's like no one really listens to my reads
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 2354, DonCorleone wrote:Also, aldus, why don’t you think wug was the scum on koba!wagon?
Aren't you the one saying Pooky/Wug doesn't make much sense as a scumteam?

Like if you start with the premise that Pooky is scum then his most logical partners are either you or D&D.
In post 2365, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 1986, Alduskkel wrote:Hmm, I still think we lynch Pooky today but something does feel a little off with that nightkill.

Most people were expecting a Deimos kill since he's the towniest off-coalition player, so either he's scum, or scum want to keep the pool of off-coalition players as large as possible for some reason.
If Pooky is town, killing on-coalition makes almost no sense because then even if it's 1 scum on and 1 scum off we have a 50% shot of eliminating scum Day 3, and there's no reason for scum to help us like that.
If Pooky is scum, then either 1) Deimos wasn't killed because Deimos is actually scum, 2) Chemist was killed because his top suspect was SS and that slot is scum, 3) Chemist was killed just for being relatively townread and it's as simple as that, or 4) it's some galaxy brain play that I can't suss out.
Is it just me or that first sentence reads like bad acting?
"Something does feel a little off with that nightkill" is such weirdly soft phrasing.
Obviously
there's something off with scum narrowing our PoE, that is discernible by simple logic — not "feel".

Everything about this looks like a scum narrative to push (1) Pooky and then (2) D&D or Deimos.
Idk how to defend myself from phrasing issues. But as for the rest, of course I wanted to push Pooky. Yes D&D makes sense as a partner. The possibility of you being scum was something I just mentioned for completeness, not because it was something I considered plausible.
In post 2369, Deimos27 wrote:Furtherfurtherfurthermore, town should be willing to hammer someone rather than no one. Instead, I was left to be the hammerer at 1min left, and DC also demonstrated his presence to try and hammer.

Aldus and Klick just sorted of faded away and made half-hearted appeals to DC and players that weren't present to manifest. I suspect they would've been happy with a no lynch.
I was around at deadline and calling my appeals to DC "half-hearted" is absolute nonsense. Also I would have hammered Clover to avoid a no elimination -- if you're willing to take DC's word that he would have hammered, then you should be equally willing to take my word.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Klick »

I was also very much around and ready to hammer, but more at like the 30 second mark-ish
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:30 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 2401, Alduskkel wrote:Aren't you the one saying Pooky/Wug doesn't make much sense as a scumteam?

Like if you start with the premise that Pooky is scum then his most logical partners are either you or D&D.
Right, I was and still am but idk why you think that necessarily

Why is it obviously me or DnD?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Klick »

It's not Don. I agree that he's obvtown as painful as it is to say
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I wouldn't say "obviously" you or D&D but the associatives seem to line up.
I townread Klick and Deimos so they're not the partners.
Wug could be a partner but if so the scum game plan is kinda weird with some not very good bussing involved.

Klick, why is DC obvtown?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Klick »

The guy has spurts where is seems to be really genuine solving. And I don't really think he grandstands yesterday with the whole 'boom' thing and refusing to switch off Clover. His reads also have like no consistency in a way that reads like 'not trying hard to look town'.

If he is somehow scum, I think it'd be with DnD over Pooky because of how yesterday went town.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Klick, please evaluate the likelihood of D&D/Wug before ya go. I've been relying on only the Tux/Sleeper ongoing game business as a tell.

I'm sad you didn't opt to substantiate your earlier shade against D&D if you're town — executing him today wasn't at all out of the question.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2401, Alduskkel wrote:I was around at deadline and calling my appeals to DC "half-hearted" is absolute nonsense. Also I would have hammered Clover to avoid a no elimination -- if you're willing to take DC's word that he would have hammered, then you should be equally willing to take my word.
"Half-hearted" bit was probably a bit unfair.
DC was demonstrably there since he posted between my hammer and the deadline elapsing. You two didn't. So my evidence
is
stronger for him, albeit how much so is arguable.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 2407, Deimos27 wrote:I'm sad you didn't opt to substantiate your earlier shade against D&D if you're town — executing him today wasn't at all out of the question.
would it have made a difference? The moment DnD replaced in the tone shifted completely to debate-oriented play-by-play stuff where it was all of a sudden necessary to explain several jumbled thoughts from a week ago, and that was just never going to be feasible for me for a number of reasons

I literally don't have the capability to keep track of a bombardment of questions about stuff that I was thinking about ages ago. That's not in my skillset as a player.

Ill look at DnD/Wug sometime tomorrow but if I get hammered before then it's not really a big deal, I have understandable doubts about being listened to in this game
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Klick »

I imagine it would have been a lot easier to play 20 questions with DnD if I knew everyone's alignments and was planning in a scum PT ;)
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

"sometime tomorrow" doesn't really cut it when there are 10 hours left to deadline. I hammer you when I wake up, say whatever peace you please before then.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

It sounded like you scumread D&D and I was hoping for some light to be shed on this.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Klick »

Hadn't noticed deadline was that close. Equally it's 2am here. I'll likely be around some before you wake up tomorrow then?

The DnD thing is weird, because the scumread crept up when they decided I was scum over Pooky; Pooky himself made some good points about how it looked like DnD were setting up for being 'right' if Pooky was executed and flipped town. I really struggled to see how they could read D1 and both come to the opposite conclusion that the rest of the thread came to. But then the rest of the thread decided they were gonna change their mind lol so I suppose at least two town have to be wrong there.

I dunno, I definitely have an amount of confirmation bias in finding both Pooky and DnD scummy it seems. I do feel like Pooky is the most likely person to flip scum by play. They were peddling DnD-scum as a theory until it looked like I could be executed, and then they jumped onto me when they could find an excuse to. It's the same 'play dead until they get someone else' shtick he played yesterday.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2413, Klick wrote:They were peddling DnD-scum as a theory until it looked like I could be executed, and then they jumped onto me when they could find an excuse to. It's the same 'play dead until they get someone else' shtick he played yesterday.
I suspected DnD earlier yes, but after our three way conversation with DonC over pages 82-86 I trusted him way more - when you have an experience like that it's hard to not just get down on your knees and kiss the feet of your savior. I just can't see it being possible that he's scum because it's way easier for him to just push me over the ledge instead of re-reading a 70+ page game and wrestling me back from the edge of death.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:14 pm

In post 2409, Klick wrote:I literally don't have the capability to keep track of a bombardment of questions about stuff that I was thinking about ages ago. That's not in my skillset as a player.
In post 2410, Klick wrote:I imagine it would have been a lot easier to play 20 questions with DnD if I knew everyone's alignments and was planning in a scum PT ;)

I don't think it's accurate to say DnD just launched a bombardment of questions that were un-answerable - we had five days to work through the game state and questions and he just wanted to have a conversation about why you wanted to execute me. - you wanted to shut down conversation and just rush through the execution and refused to even entertain the question of what next? when I flip town.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Wug
Wug
Townie
Wug
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Wug »

i decided to try reading something
In post 1838, Datisi wrote:
execution
Clover Ebi (5):
SleeperSoul, Wug, PookyTheMagicalBear, DonCorleone, Deimos27

PookyTheMagicalBear (3):
Alduskkel, Clover Ebi, Klick
SleeperSoul (1):
Chemist1422

not voting (0):
sleeper was town
i'm town (really)
p sure deimos is town

if pooky is town and klick is scum then don would have to be scum on the wagon
or else it's all town
In post 1675, Datisi wrote:
execution
PookyTheMagicalBear (4):
Alduskkel, Clover Ebi, Klick, DonCorleone

Clover Ebi (3):
SleeperSoul, Wug, PookyTheMagicalBear
SleeperSoul (2):
Chemist1422, Deimos27

not voting (0):
these were the wagons when pooky was leading
only don switched between them (but really wanted klick)
Wug
Wug
Townie
Wug
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Wug »

i guess clover wagon could be all town if both wagons were on town
but do you really believe that?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:38 pm

who are you asking?

I know I'm town because the mod told me I'm town - so both wagons on D1 were on town players.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:02 pm

Gonna go to bed now, by the time I wake up either me or Klick will likely be dead. Revisiting my post here:

In post 2307, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:If you guys lynch me today -

Get Klick tomm and then his partner should be between Wug - Aldus.

DonC is town because

Fought v hard D1 to get onto Coalition - interaction between him/klick contentious - flipped on him twice now - would be insane scum-theater if he is really scum with Klick

Deimos is town because

Hammered D1 when scum were much better off with NL. Vibe of posts has always been solve-oriented - willing to be open to both sides - genuinely searching for solution.

DnD is town because

yea there's no way I think he's scum after the level of play he did today replacing in - scum just lets me get lynched here and takes the easy win tommorrow.

Between Aldus and Wug:

Wug - Low interaction - pretty lurky - makes sense as a silent type partner for a more dominant Klick. Klick was against a Wug Wagon on D1.

Aldus - Higher Interaction than Wug - Stronger Associatives with Klick in that he's more actively trying to push Pooky-lynch - Klick even tells everyone to sheep Aldus (WIFOM?)

Betw the 2 of them I'd probably think Wug is more likely to be the partner but just by a hair.

I'm the most sure about DonC and Deimos being definite-town - it'd be very hard for me to picture either of these guys being scum given their posting this game.

Between Klick and DnD - I'm like 90% believe its Klick being scum but it's really up to you guys to make a decision - talk it out - take your time - give Klick a fair chance it will be Lylo and Klick deserves that at least.

- for Klick's partner I think now Aldus makes more sense than Wug - he feels more deliberately one-dimensional while Wug feels like more of a genuine newb.

For DnD's partner - I really didn't think much about this because I don't really think he's scum.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Wug
Wug
Townie
Wug
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Wug »

are you here deimos
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 2413, Klick wrote:Hadn't noticed deadline was that close. Equally it's 2am here. I'll likely be around some before you wake up tomorrow then?

The DnD thing is weird, because the scumread crept up when they decided I was scum over Pooky; Pooky himself made some good points about how it looked like DnD were setting up for being 'right' if Pooky was executed and flipped town. I really struggled to see how they could read D1 and both come to the opposite conclusion that the rest of the thread came to. But then the rest of the thread decided they were gonna change their mind lol so I suppose at least two town have to be wrong there.

I dunno, I definitely have an amount of confirmation bias in finding both Pooky and DnD scummy it seems. I do feel like Pooky is the most likely person to flip scum by play. They were peddling DnD-scum as a theory until it looked like I could be executed, and then they jumped onto me when they could find an excuse to. It's the same 'play dead until they get someone else' shtick he played yesterday.
Note that it wasn't something we decided, it's just that we found there to be no sufficient case on Pooky and townread some parts of Pooky's play. You're admitting it was a collection of several jumbled thoughts, and we weren't nitpick-questioning everything... we just wanted someone to summarize why Pooky must be quick fired today, and at least from my perspective. Also, I would say I'm definitely biased in my reads within the coalition, my partner less so and they independently see it as well.

I don't really see Pooky being partnered with anyone. Do you think Pooky-Wug is viable? What was Pooky's partner doing at the beginning of the day when he was resigned to being fired?

-Dumbass
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2416, Wug wrote:i decided to try reading something
In post 1838, Datisi wrote:
execution
Clover Ebi (5):
SleeperSoul, Wug, PookyTheMagicalBear, DonCorleone, Deimos27

PookyTheMagicalBear (3):
Alduskkel, Clover Ebi, Klick
SleeperSoul (1):
Chemist1422

not voting (0):
This would be one of the reasons why if scum!Pooky = True then scum!D&D = True. That's also a team where I see them going into night phase and deciding to NK Chemist. Even if their ensuing play today wasn't quite what I expected.

The only fear I have of not having the right solve if town!Klick = True is some oddball D&D/Aldus, D&D/Wug, or D&D/DC. I think we have to dismiss the third team there and just accept that DC is town at this point. I'm willing to lose to scum!him after this performance, anyway. Aldus looked like he was setting up to push D&D after Pooky based on the NKA but I'm not confident that's good reason to dismiss this team. The Wug team also has a point against it in the D1 ongoing game shenanigans but in theory that could still be scum theatre.

So I think probably eliminate D&D tomorrow if this flips green and then double and triple check his associations with the other players before going for Pooky. Eliminating D&D first should be fine if we're all agreed that Pooky's only remaining compatible teammate is D&D. Anyway y'all gotta look critically at how I dismissed the associations in my earlier post with the spoilers and update it to see if anything changes or you have new ideas for Pooky teammates cause if so tomorrow is gonna be pretty hard.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2417, Wug wrote:i guess clover wagon could be all town if both wagons were on town
but do you really believe that?
I mean, yeah, Klick/Aldus is what I'm advocating, with a slightly smaller chance of Klick/Wug.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2420, Wug wrote:are you here deimos
Yes I am

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”