northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:34 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.27
Snowblaze
(5):
RCEnigma (), Montosh (), Almost50 (), Fredrick A Campbell (), Menalque ()
Maemuki
(5):
Eevee (), Raya36 (), Snowblaze (), Ydrasse (), Something_Smart ()
Titus
(1):
Umlaut ()
RCEnigma
(1):
Maemuki ()

Not Voting
(1):
Titus ()

With 13 alive, it’s 7 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-17 11:50:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 873, Menalque wrote:And yet you continue to vote there @S_S
I still prefer her to Snowblaze.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:48 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 857, Titus wrote:
In post 855, Eevee wrote:Titus you should vote for Maemuki - i'd be very surprised if snowblaze flipped scum here

~Eve
What do you think of the Titus wagon then? Diversion from Mohab?
If you're town I doubt it's Mohab in that case, scum would need to flip a snow voter to break stalemate. Wagoning you there would be the roundabout way of doing it.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Maemuki »

okay, i'm caught up.

i kinda want to try defending mohab even if i can't speak for her. why would she have kept the dumb ruse for so long? i just find it hard to understand why other scum would have let it get to this point. same with the activity, in a game with so many replacements the easiest way to look town is to just keep posting, even if everything that comes out of your mouth is trash.

my issue with both my wagon and snow's is that they're both built on lack of activity. i personally agree that it's a scumtell, but considering over half the players here are replacements i'm not sure that's a productive line of questioning. i'm not going to go into the meta analysis, i don't know how useful that might be, I really don't know any of you.

that said, reading the whole thread, i do still genuinely believe snow is scum but not just because of that. there are far too many appeals to emotion, "let's get this over with already". if you're town and you're almost certainly getting eliminated why would you be defeatist? with 24 hours to the deadline you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. wanting to rush through a day, no matter if it's just 24h is a scumtell, imo

honestly, i might just be biased but i look at snow and it's like looking at a mirror of me playing scum, it's uncanny. the iso analysis of everyone, the long posts that don't say anything, the numerous attempts to tug at heartstrings. i don't know if this fits her meta or not, and idk if anyone who has played with her mentioned that already. if you have, sorry for missing it

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Snowblaze

there are just too many wildcards, too many replacements. i have a few good town reads that i'd like to keep close to my chest, but very few definite scum reads. there's far too many inactive/semi inactive people and scumhunting in these conditions basically amounts to shooting fish in a barrel and praying for a good catch. i hate it

feel free to ask if you want my specific thoughts on anyone/anything, this game is just a bit too large for me to do an in-depth thing on the whole game and on everyone otherwise this post is gonna take forever and a half
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Maemuki »

@s_s i'd love to hear your reasoning considering you haven't done much to justify your vote
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 878, Maemuki wrote:there are far too many appeals to emotion, "let's get this over with already". if you're town and you're almost certainly getting eliminated why would you be defeatist? with 24 hours to the deadline you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. wanting to rush through a day, no matter if it's just 24h is a scumtell, imo
This right here is why I hate the word "tell" in terms of mafia. People use it to dress up arguments and make them stronger. Here, this argument isn't even valid. Town can be exhausted from fighting against scum for an entire day phase. That generates appeals to emotion. It's appeal to emotion in place of content that's problematic. Appeals to emotion are logical fallacies and shouldn't be considered for any purpose. Instead, they are basically calls to look at a player's content.

That content from Snowblaze isn't exactly bad from what I've seen. Stretching this to argue Snow is scum seriously worries me that Mae is just scum here. She's caught up and this overjustification is all she can do. Really?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 878, Maemuki wrote:there are just too many wildcards, too many replacements. i have a few good town reads that i'd like to keep close to my chest, but very few definite scum reads. there's far too many inactive/semi inactive people and scumhunting in these conditions basically amounts to shooting fish in a barrel and praying for a good catch. i hate it

feel free to ask if you want my specific thoughts on anyone/anything, this game is just a bit too large for me to do an in-depth thing on the whole game and on everyone otherwise this post is gonna take forever and a half
Show you've done something rather than waiting on thread consensus please. This is easy filler language anyone can say. Being on the chopping block, you might not get a chance to do it again.

Holding your cards to your chest indicates a belief there's a high probability you survive until tomorrow and give reads then.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Maemuki
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 687, Umlaut wrote:I know we've beaten this particular horse a lot already but I think there may still be some life in it.
In post 124, Mohab500 wrote:I am gonna ask a really dumb question but, can there be power roles in this game?
This is a
very
weird question for a townie to be asking, because it's effectively a VT claim on page 5. (Yes everyone is a VT, but if town!Mohab is genuinely asking this question it means she doesn't know that, so she's making a substantial claim.) A townie who is actually confused on this point ought to, if not read the setup (because who does that?), then PM the mod. That's another reason to think the question isn't genuine.
This is a good point about Mohab as well. Could be an attempt at a fake townslip?

In post 688, Menalque wrote:I think you're confusing what town "should" do with what town "do" do. Because a lot of the time if I'm unsure of something I'll just sling it in the thread for clarification. I understand the paranoia around mohab seeming to have intentionally townslipped, but I just don't think scum actually very often decide to fake townships, and also it hasn't worked at all because people are so sceptical given the nature of the townslip? Like if you're focusing on townslips being faked, I think fredrick's is more likely because that's so much more plausible as a thing to not be sure of. Like mohab fake slipping a lack of knowledge about whether there are PRs just isn't even an effective way to fake townslip.
It is an I direct way to claim VT though which could make it possible from scum.

I really don't think the Snowblaze wagon is the right one. I'm just not feeling her buckle under pressure or act differently than I'd expect. The wagon almost feels forced? This is based on playing with her in the past and also what Eve said about her scum meta. Doesn't feel like what she described. My only concern is the frustration for some reason feels forced and fake. But the rest still stands more string pointing towards town!snow

I don't think I understand where the titus wagon is coming from?

Not sure how I feel about Montosh yet. I get they're catching up but the posting isn't anything I'd ever read through so to me I assume busywork. I need to see more.

I definitely still want the mohab slot lynched. Mae makes this really long post and says they have a problem with the Snow wagon yet then says that Snow is scum and votes there. Really seems like Mae forcing a scumread on the counter wagon. Stating her scum meta indirectly while being sure to not do that and instead use it against snow. All looks bad
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Mae is at E-1 just so everyone knows
Snow is E-2
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

yeah... at this point i feel that i don't really have a lot i can say. i think that snowblaze isn't as likely to flip scum as maemuki. my vote's staying, blah blah. i just want this day to be over honestly so we can keep moving forward with some new information.

though i wasn't around when there were some votes on me a while ago, i don't understand why there were a few posts going hard to bat for me when i wasn't around.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Raya36 wrote:Mae is at E-1 just so everyone knows
Snow is E-2
Actually it looks like they’re both at -1 assuming the last VC was correct. And I’m holding the hammer, fun.

Probably still going to just go with Maemuki here but I disliked Titus’ earlier vote enough that it gives me pause in joining back in on that wagon.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Going to resist the temptation to just leave this to the gods and actually take some time to go back and reread carefully and make sure I’m happy with this.

Or maybe I’ll just put it off for a few hours and then go with whatever feels right. But if I do that I’ll at least feel guilty about it!
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Menalque »

This game got super fucking boring can we flip someone now
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Menalque »

Titus might be scum
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 884, Raya36 wrote:Mae is at E-1 just so everyone knows
Snow is E-2
Raya in there with the VC misinformation again I see
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

Declaration of Intention to Hammer Maemuki

by Fredrick A Campbell
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 889, Menalque wrote:Titus might be scum
Do you think this implies that Snow is scum, or that both wagons are on town?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I mean I know you already think Snow is scum, so maybe a dumb question, but she did come in saying Snow likely scum out of the two which seems like maybe
not
the preferred starting point when there are two competing wagons and busing is so dangerous in this setup?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Fred, if you steal my hammer I'll cry. (Which I realize might not dissuade you)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:34 pm

In post 895, Umlaut wrote:Fred, if you steal my hammer I'll cry. (Which I realize might not dissuade you)
Go ahead, then.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I'm rereading right now. You still prefer Snowblaze, right? You just might get your wish if you wait for me to do this. (No promises, I'm just going to do my due diligence before hammering and maybe I'll change my mind)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:44 pm

In post 897, Umlaut wrote:I'm rereading right now. You still prefer Snowblaze, right? You just might get your wish if you wait for me to do this. (No promises, I'm just going to do my due diligence before hammering and maybe I'll change my mind)
I actually prefer neither.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Who do you prefer then?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Completed Open Games”