Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Blair »

“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2521, Kmd4390 wrote:"You should eliminate me but you probably shouldn't do it because it's scary"
if i wasn't willing to get killed all i had to do was not tell you about this part of my claim. most people believed it fine when i just made it sound like a permanent mechanic and not tied specifically to my staying alive.

i mean, i just told you that you should kill me. anyone who needs to cast that as scum before voting me is looking for more reasons they don't need and looks scummier for doing it
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Blair »

@ Doggo

Scum would be trying to sniff this role out from the moment you brought up the nightkill mechanic, right? Anyone stick out to you as fishing?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

this is now a dance party appreciation thread. anyone not having as much fun as i am is, officially, a
square

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Give Hoopla a chance to pop in, give AGar a chance to do the reading he wants to (if we yeet now night will end before sunday, so at least wait a day or two on that so he can read over night if he wants)

til then I dunno

put on some good beats and chill I suppose
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 2527, Blair wrote:
@ Doggo

Scum would be trying to sniff this role out from the moment you brought up the nightkill mechanic, right? Anyone stick out to you as fishing?
i think the opposite. nobody is arguing that this nightkill mechanic is good for town, which means scum wants to get rid of it too, so i think it's a bad idea to press the button named "calamity trigger".

i don't think scum really made all 3 kills, especially the IIAU kill, so I really think they would have believed me quite readily. then again, maybe ABR/Porkens were the kills they wanted, and so they wouldn't believe me.

I still think gamma's claim looks good because i don't think scum killed IIAU and if he was scum faking a claim, he'd have better options than faking a tracker visit to a slot he probably didn't actually visit. maybe this is wrong? don't suppose the tracker could fakeclaim a visit to starbuck or vpb, that wouldn't be plausible right?

also:

Spoiler:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Blair »

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2530, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 2527, Blair wrote:
@ Doggo

i think the opposite. nobody is arguing that this nightkill mechanic is good for town, which means scum wants to get rid of it too, so i think it's a bad idea to press the button named "calamity trigger".
I think you must be misunderstanding me here because you said "I think the opposite" and then said a bunch of stuff I agree with. :|
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Wait why did Puppy ask if Reck's Role PM mentioned a trigger? To me that sounds like asking Reck if it's him but if it was Puppy surely Puppy knew it wasn't Reck.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i don't know if scum were looking for this mechanic. since ABR and Porkens were plausible real scum kills it's possible scum were as surprised by my claim as anyone. and if they weren't looking for it they wouldn't be fishing for knowledge about a trigger

it depends on what revelations / roles they have. i can't speculate. but the more i claimed the more it looks to me like scum weren't fishing for it, imo.

Spoiler:

pedit: i was fishing to see if reck's revelation had any more information if the "calamity trigger," uh, triggers any calamities. i really hope you're not trying to cast shade on me still
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Just trying to make sense of all this
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

more summarizing from my role pm:

* i am a "calamity trigger"
* an explanation is then given that no explanation will be given for what "calamity trigger" means
* an explanation of mech #2, the kill stuff already discussed

the fairly obvious interpretation is that something else will probably happen when i get killed. but im not sure. shrug

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Blair »

Oh no

Kmd may actually be scum
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I think I believe Puppy because it's hard to see scum who is likely to survive the day suddenly mention that killing them can do something helpful, even with a disclaimer. Which means my result on Gamma likely isn't a guilty. So I think I'm still happy voting UT.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

For what it's worth I'm against eliminating someone to change a mechanic if we believe that person to be town.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Blair »

Wow, so bold, so brash! With a dash of aplomb

Do I grok wrong or did Kmd just claim scum?

:|
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2540, Blair wrote:Wow, so bold, so brash! With a dash of aplomb

Do I grok wrong or did Kmd just claim scum?

:|
nah

do you and UT want to start recognizing that Puppy's probtown before or after we kill him? either way's fine with me really but if I were ya'll I'd start thinking of how to transition out of this game-day
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Blair »

It's ok, you don't see what I see and you'd rather be dismissive than ask.

As for Puppy's alignment - it doesn't actually matter? It will matter post-flip, when we actually
know
what he was and we can reread with that information, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to preoccupy themselves with trying to develop a read on someone who just claimed information that makes them a mechanically good banish and everyone agrees about that.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Blair »

Like, Puppy is definitely getting run up today. I think that's pretty clear.

So why are certain players scrambling to position themselves in relation to his alignment?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I've never been one to eliminate for info and mechanics feels similar.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2515, Kmd4390 wrote:At this point Puppy's Role PM must be like 20 paragraphs
In post 2521, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 2517, CantHateAPuppy wrote:ending to random kills seems like a bad idea IMO. shrug

all you have to do is kill me and the kill mechanic stops. that's it. if that's what you want to do i won't stop you but i'm not going to self-vote, which feels like voiding my wincon

"scum don't control their own kill until you die" this seems like pretty obviously something you don't just up and claim, flame me in the postgame if you disagree
In post 2518, CantHateAPuppy wrote:especially when the role is named "calamity trigger" and there's no telling what other mechanics if any vi has put around that or in this game. shrug
"You should eliminate me but you probably shouldn't do it because it's scary"
In post 2533, Kmd4390 wrote:Wait why did Puppy ask if Reck's Role PM mentioned a trigger? To me that sounds like asking Reck if it's him but if it was Puppy surely Puppy knew it wasn't Reck.
In post 2535, Kmd4390 wrote:Just trying to make sense of all this
In post 2537, Blair wrote:Oh no

Kmd may actually be scum
In post 2538, Kmd4390 wrote:I think I believe Puppy because it's hard to see scum who is likely to survive the day suddenly mention that killing them can do something helpful, even with a disclaimer. Which means my result on Gamma likely isn't a guilty. So I think I'm still happy voting UT.
In post 2539, Kmd4390 wrote:For what it's worth I'm against eliminating someone to change a mechanic if we believe that person to be town.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Blair »

Kmd Progression:
  • A bunch of players just agreed if there is a way to stop the random kill mechanic, they want to do it (including Kmd).
  • Puppy reveals that banishing him ends the random kill mechanic.
  • It is obvious there is support for banishing Puppy today, even if he is Town.
  • Kmd starts shading Puppy, casting doubt on his claim (why do this? If he's lying you still vote for him), and appears to be developing a scumread on Puppy.
    • Why do the extra leg work to try to develop a scumread on someone we're flipping either way?
  • Blair suggests Kmd just did something scummy.
  • Kmd reverses course, announces Puppy is town, and opposes banishing him based on this sudden reversal.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Blair »

tl;dr

"Kmd's Puppy progression looks manufactured no matter how Puppy flips."
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

mmm

it's a reasonable thing to find kmd scummy for in retrospect

it's possible that I'm residually irked by you chasing after what feels like 7 different things/people today when I've been wanting focus and better thought out reasons/details for scumreads.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

1. You act like I haven't been calling puppy scum all game.
2. I want to eliminate scum, not just someone who changes a mechanic by dying.

I even layed out for you why I believe puppy now. What scum who is likely surviving the day gives town a reason to eliminate them?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”