Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Menalque »

Actually, it’s G-1 with umlaut’s vote

Are you saying you’d hurt-tag hammer Norway?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2074, Alisae wrote:
In post 2073, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Alisae, are you scum convinced you found the TD? Why else would you be self-voting?
cuz titus voted me and im their double voter
duh
Memeing at your position. Nonchalantly staring the rope in the eye. You seem unconcerned about the prospect of losing town a day. Which means you only feel pity for yourself. Ergo you must be a scum.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2075, Menalque wrote:Actually, it’s G-1 with umlaut’s vote

Are you saying you’d hurt-tag hammer Norway?
I ain't got nothin to say to you other than:
Spoiler:
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

investigate umlaut
plz
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

umlaut maxwell
plz
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

ya ok
actually pretty sure an invest in umlaut/maxwell closes out the game
ywall just need to hope that scum hasn't found the TD out
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

def invest maxwell tho
GTKAS
| here.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I mean, I get why Moment/Datisi are LIKELY Town, but also I know that if I were scum, I would absolutely try to hide on a ship with my buddy, expecting the Town to stop after finding one scum there.

I do recognize that this couldn't really have been done intentionally in this instance since Iconeum decided the pool, but if Ico DID happen to find multiple scum there, they could definitely still try to coast off that.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Basically just a way of making sure no scum slip under the radar like that.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Menalque »

Re:

Touché, Norway
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Alisae »

rr you should help advocate for a maxwell/umlaut invest
btw i don't mind having my vote on myself since ik people want to wagon me and it prevents me from self-hammering cause if ywall missed an invest just to speedlynch me then thats bad for me
GTKAS
| here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2082, Radical Rat wrote:I mean, I get why Moment/Datisi are LIKELY Town, but also I know that if I were scum, I would absolutely try to hide on a ship with my buddy, expecting the Town to stop after finding one scum there.

I do recognize that this couldn't really have been done intentionally in this instance since Iconeum decided the pool, but if Ico DID happen to find multiple scum there, they could definitely still try to coast off that.
Yeah but I also think they’d be aware that in a game like this there would be the potential for there being strong mechanical reasons to check there again post-scumflip and so I agree with whoever said that they’d expect them to have bussed harder to take advantage of being in that pool with someone they knew would flip red
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I'm alright with Maxwell/Umlaut, it's just that Moment/Datisi/NK is going to haunt me all game until we know For Sure that they're clear.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2085, Alisae wrote:rr you should help advocate for a maxwell/umlaut invest
btw i don't mind having my vote on myself since ik people want to wagon me and it prevents me from self-hammering cause if ywall missed an invest just to speedlynch me then thats bad for me
No-one is even talking about hammering you

We’re going to see if you get fake-hammered and then we’re going to move onto the second wagon for the day so icon can choose between the two at EoD
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Menalque »

Why umlaut?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Alisae »

he tried to push titus for being lamist
GTKAS
| here.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 2086, Menalque wrote:
In post 2082, Radical Rat wrote:I mean, I get why Moment/Datisi are LIKELY Town, but also I know that if I were scum, I would absolutely try to hide on a ship with my buddy, expecting the Town to stop after finding one scum there.

Yeah but I also think they’d be aware that in a game like this there would be the potential for there being strong mechanical reasons to check there again post-scumflip and so I agree with whoever said that they’d expect them to have bussed harder to take advantage of being in that pool with someone they knew would flip red
Unless they were ALSO aware that they'd be expected to bus harder.... :shifty:
Which is getting into WIFOM territory yes, which is why I don't really want to execute any of them today, but really, really want an investigation.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by maxwell »

Townbloc:

username
Menalque
Titus

Not even going to bother explaining these as it'd be a waste of words.

GuiltyLion
- Posts look good, nothing is off there, I just don't have a reason to declare him locktown off the top of my head. Looking at references to notscience in his iso, is kind of a suspect take on username vs notscience, he says of notscience "would currently be okay eliminating there ultimately today, but I think I might want to push elsewhere once I'm fully caught up since that's an easy wagon for scum to let through if it's a TvT". But then, he calls out notscience in and proposes a pool with notscience in it in . is an excellent callout of notscience and the response from notscience in really makes me think this is not a S/S interaction. Yeah, add him to the townbloc.

Umlaut
- from notscience looks like scum trying to persuade a townie to vote with them, not talking to a partner, I think. immediately follows Umlaut's vote on notscience, which is something of a weak response. is...I don't know, conceivably could be telling a partner to back down but i think the "i appreciate it" reads more like buddying a townie. I don't really know what to make of , which was made in response to GuiltyLion criticizing Umlaut's vote on notscience. Then he turns around to fos-ing him in and tries to have him in the pool. I think the way Umlaut went after notscience probably makes him town, I'm getting lazy though and don't want to look at every post. I'll towncase it if people are having doubts. The way he did it in response to notscience doubting the NK15 claim makes me agree with titus, it is basically not umlaut/NK15, not ever. I guess I'd re-evaluate if everyone towards the bottom half turned up town, but then we'd be hosed anyway.

maxwell
- You tell me, I can't read this guy.

Hel
- conversational posts with notscience in and . The latter is actually rather odd, she simultaneously criticizes notscience for saying "I respect your decision" to kuribo, saying his scumread on notscience "feels reachy", but then justifies a townread on username in the next line. How can someone have a reachy case and be town? slots notscience somewhere to the top of her readslist but it's unjustified and I don't really see anything in her posts to indicate why she'd feel that way. Maybe the oddest thing is that Hel comes out the gate on day 2 calling for executing notscience in while having not really attempted to read or evaluate him at all in the latter parts of that day, just a few conversational exchanges with him and that's it. I can see this as something of a prefabricated push. She'd come around to saying she "really likes" Moment in 992 but other than that there wasn't any further comment on or evaluation of the players in the pool prior to Day 2. The confidence there seems especially odd.

Alisae
- basically no reason to townread at this point? This is a totally lazy read on my part. I'll do my homework but they're definitely not townbloc material.

Not TD:

Datisi
Moment
Not Known 15

Out of these names, if we were to re-investigate anyone as a safety check, do Moment or NK15. I think Datisi was the most town yesterday and he actually spoke up and was trying to read people and just doesn't feel like scum anymore?

HURT: Hel
HURT: Alisae
HURT: Moment
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by maxwell »

Right, alisae doesn't look good either with regards to notscience but I actually think sticking eir neck out for notscience and calling him town is slightly less scummy than whatever Hel was doing and that'd probably be my execution pick for today.
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Hel »

notscience was pinging me towards the end of that day, and once tea was found, he was scummier than Datisi/Moment who I townleaned and townread, so yeah, he was my guess for scum there.

Also, I realised Umlaut was the counterwagon to notscience and suddenly that read makes a lot less sense.
Hectic
Hel
Hel
Goon
Hel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Hel »

maxwell, I declared notscience as scum of the 3 right away, but never voted or made a show of pushing him. That's a lot of easy towncred passed up if I'm scum. Your argument is weak.

You're in the scum pool, and I'm not just saying that because you're a waterfall.

[GuiltyLion, maxwell, Alisae, Umlaut(?)]
Hectic
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 2063, GuiltyLion wrote: p-edit: NK15 I think you're misinterpreting Moment's , I don't read that as sarcasm I think he's saying he was genuinely surprised at finding tea.
No, it was sarcasm.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 2082, Radical Rat wrote:I do recognize that this couldn't really have been done intentionally in this instance since Iconeum decided the pool, but if Ico DID happen to find multiple scum there,
they could definitely still try to coast off that
This statement doesn't really mean anything to me.

Once again, without seeing any sort of truly persuasive argument as to why there are multiple scum in the D1 pool or as to why me or Datisi are aligned with notscience, I can only consider this as another mostly emotion-driven play. There is logic in
not clearing
people solely for being in an investigative pool with scum, but that itself is not an argument as to heightened suspicion on those people. I personally see evidence against the idea that there are multiple scum in the pool, as I've talked a bit about.

Of course, there is the argument that further investigations only serve to make it easier to find the TD. This makes at least intuitive sense, although I can't help the feeling that there's something deeper regarding investigating the person we would have lynched tomorrow anyways without an investigation, and how much that would/wouldn't narrow down the pool. Those are really only the vague beginnings of a thought though – I'll think a bit more about it. While I'm on the subject, people have been bandying around who is or isn't "confirmed" as not being the TD a lot. There are exactly three people
confirmed
as not being the TD: Norwegian, Radical Rat, and SS.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Rawr! what' I miss?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.