Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Menalque »

Okay, I’m about to go see my parents but I’ll have a look for one or two games where I strongly oppose my lynch as town
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Menalque »

In this game I push both scum on D1 but because I tried to divert from one scum to the other, everyone thought I was trying to save my partner (despite me being the one to call attention to how scummy they were in the first place lol)

I actually end up calling for my own guillotine here on condition that my top scumread (not the person who I correctly had as scum but someone who I thought was being really opportunistic) be guillo’d the next day. So it’s not quite like a remembered, but I talk quite a lot about how obvtown I am and how dumb it would be if town to guillo me and advocate very hard for my top scumread

viewtopic.php?p=11191465&user_select%5B ... #p11191465
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Menalque »

^read from like post 999 onwards
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Menalque »

I got hard pocketed this game by a scumhydra that got bussed D2

There was predictably a move to guillo me D3 (mostly scum supported I might add)

Read from post 2907 onwards for my D3 iso to see how kindly I take it

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=80240&user_select% ... &start=400
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Raya36 »

I think you're town. The first one is kinda similar to how you're playing this game now.

I want to lynch between these 3 based on thinking scum were on Snow's wagon and Menalque being a town read

RCEnigma
Montosh
Almost50
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Almost50

Really dislike the “poor me” post that is
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Raya36 »

I'll join that

VOTE: A50
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Menalque »

What was the logic for RCE not being scum again based on his opening posts?
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 1082, Menalque wrote:What was the logic for RCE not being scum again based on his opening posts?
From what I've read, there is no good reason for RCEnigma to have shared anything in public. To me, it is non-alignment indicative because RCEnigma may have simply forgotten that they had daychat as scum and didn't think of the best method to ask the question. Meanwhile, if he were town, he may have done exactly what he did. Since both alignments predict the same observations, it is non-alignment indicative.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Raya36 »

I remember there being some discussion about a possible townslip early game but I couldn't find it. Do you remember if that's what it was?
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 1038, Menalque wrote:If I’m scum, why do you think I would confirm snow?
No idea, hence why I think it's a point against your wagon. But there's too much WIFOM there for me to necessarily go based off that entirely.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Montosh »

In post 1039, Almost50 wrote:Personally, I don't see a single benefit to me making any sort of effort. I do look bad and I know it. That means if I try to push someone from the Snow wagon I am being a hypocrite. If I push someone on the Mae wagon I am protecting myself and my partner. If I go undecided I am demotivated scum. I literally can't do shit now, and I think I'll be eliminated either today or tomorrow if we don't actually hit scum.

Hell even my attempt to get back into the game fell on deaf ears. I asked why scum!me would confirm Fred, and why would I have been so blatantly defending my "proposed scum p" RCE, and nobody responded, so I get the feeling anything I say "can and will be used against me", so to speak.
A50 whatever your alignment this is an anti-town attitude. Town benefits from having information and interactions from us. Given that the conftown bloc needs to come to a decision, they need all the interactions they can get from the non-confirmed they can.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 1084, Raya36 wrote:I remember there being some discussion about a possible townslip early game but I couldn't find it. Do you remember if that's what it was?
I think it starts with me saying that the mafia doesn't have daytalk here.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Oh that's right. And you're conftown now anyway. Thank!
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Thanks*
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Titus »

FoS on A50 and Montosh based on 1.5
Melanque becomes the new wagon after pushing on Ydrasse. Neutral on Menalque, FoS on Ydrasse, basically in 1.7 the wagon on Menalque is yucky.
1.8 RCE minor FoS due to no bussers on the Mae wagon and he's in bus position.
1.16-1.17 RCE and Montosh wagons compete, then Snowblaze gets chainsawed on the RCE wagon. Almost50 and Ydrasse trail on the Snowblaze wagon.
Ydrasse votes Snowblaze in the Mae v Snowblaze, A50 votes Snowblaze
My wagon drew equally from Mae and Snowblaze. Actually a good look for Menalque because no reason for scum Melan to switch onto me there. My prevailing theory was Snow Ydrasse Fredrick.
Something Smart changing from Snowblaze to Mae needs explaination.

Right now, I want to rope A50 followed closely behind is Ydrasse although both are not likely scum together. My bet is one has agency captured the other. Third place is a tie between SS and RCE. Then Raya because my VCA says next to nothing about her.

VOTE: A50
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Prodding Ydrasse.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

This is a game.

I did the reread I was talking about and got absolutely nothing from it. A50 was suspecting Snowblaze before the Mohab wagon was a thing, but it's not like his reasoning for staying off the Mohab wagon was particularly good.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1090, Titus wrote:Something Smart changing from Snowblaze to Mae needs explaination.
I feel like it's pretty clear from my ISO? I voted Snowblaze because Menalque implored me to and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then Snowblaze did towny things, so I unvoted, and then it was almost deadline so I voted Mohab.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

hi, sorry, you'll get more for me tomorrow. :< but i'm content with where my vote is right now. a50 feels defeated and opting to assume everyone will twist his words the right way just seems like a way to pre-emptively disarm any criticism that comes his way. in general i sort of think that the unconfirmed players going "oh, i can't do anything/it's up to the townies" (of which a50 has only said the former) is an easy way to lay low and not say anything that beckons scrutiny. /shrug

that being said, i'll bite @a50: regarding your questions in , it could've been more beneficial to your partner to confirm him, could've been meant to sow doubt on the snow wagon, etc etc. given that it's a team game i don't think the confirmations focus on the scope of your gameplay alone?

also i'm gonna be real maybe it's because i'm tired but looking at the talk about what your ~best plan is just feels like a bunch of words i'm supposed to look at and take at face value that you'd do as scum which i'm not doing right now. you can say what you think is the best plan and then just... not do it, lmao.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Eevee »

I already liked Ydrasse, but her latest post makes me like her even more! Waiting on A50 to reply to some things.

Also I've been kind of busy and I think Eve is too, but we will get back to things shortly!

~Eva
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1049, Eevee wrote:
In post 1020, Almost50 wrote:One question though: I said I only had TWO confident TRs. One of them (Fred) is now confirmed. Why would scum me opt to confirm Fred here? Like, I am very much self-aware (people who played against scum!me would confirm) and if I wanted to defend not one, but TWO of my scum!buddies (RCE & Mae) that blatantly then the very least I could have done is keep Fred in the suspects pool.
I don’t get it? What does scum!you have to lose by confirming Fred here? Why does this strongly point away from you?

~Eva
First of all; scum!me doesn't explicitly TR a p. This is why I can't even argue against the case Ydrasee made on me. The way I treated Mae/Mohab is EXACTLY the way I would have treated a scum partner. :oops:

So, it follows that -if I'm scum- BOTH RCE & Fred are town. Guaranteed. Now why would I confirm one and not the other? I would either confirm them both or I confirm neither. Confirming both probably makes me look a "little" better here, while confirming neither keeps them both in the elimination pool. I don't see the benefit from confirming one and not the other here, and
especially so
in Fred's case. I personally convinced him to vote Snow, so he really did look bad if people were/are SRing me.

Oh, and Snow is actually another person I would probably not have confirmed (so that the town would consider the possibility both wagons were on scum).

But this is all self-meta, and isn't going to convince anyone who doesn't already know how I think as scum.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1050, Eevee wrote:
In post 1039, Almost50 wrote:Personally, I don't see a single benefit to me making any sort of effort. I do look bad and I know it. That means if I try to push someone from the Snow wagon I am being a hypocrite. If I push someone on the Mae wagon I am protecting myself and my partner. If I go undecided I am demotivated scum. I literally can't do shit now, and I think I'll be eliminated either today or tomorrow if we don't actually hit scum
Who do you think is scum right now? Any thoughts.

~Eva
Not RCE! :lol:

Let me be honest here.. I can see almost anyone as scum. The thing is I also have "inner feelings" that are making me reconsider everyone.

For instance, Menalque was town and miss-eliminated me in a most recent game. I am wondering if my urge to vote him is based on actual logic or an inner itch to "get back at him". S_S was scum is said game (same game with Menalque) and he was so against bus'ing it almost got him lynched in his p's stead. I am wondering if this should be used as meta or if he deliberately played me/Menalque (if Menalque is town)

In short, I am NOT sure of anything rn, but the good news is we have the upper hand here. I mean, we have 2 "mis"eliminations at hand before the first scum can escape, right? And even then we still have a shot at winning by eliminating the 3rd scum (te one that didn't escape). We have 5 confirmed townies and -from my own PoV- that leaves only 5 players to be eliminated. I we we miss twice and the 2nd scum escapes it leaves us only 2 poeple to eliminate from.

Unfortunately it's not as easy from others PoVs because everyone sees themselves as Town (or claims to) so ymmd

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1052, Menalque wrote:
In post 1046, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Meanwhile, I'm starting to think that Menalque appears to be extremely concerned about being executed so...
So, two things.

(1) what about my repeated points that I’m not going to fight a mis-guillotine on me today makes you think I’m extremely concerned about being executed?

And (2) why would town!me just take a blade to the neck lying down when I know that the game ends today if we guillo scum?
This is like.. one thing and it's exact opposite in one post? Like, are you or are you NOT fighting your elimination? (You obviously aren't), so the second paragraph reads as "I am not town" to me (except; why would SCUM!you not fight it either??)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1058, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Almost50, I would like to know what you think of RCEnigma.
Town all the way to China, and I would bet the game on it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”