Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Can confirm Vi targeted Agar last night.

Just a heads up to you all that because of what's going on in Portland right now, my play is going to be severely limited. I haven't done any rereading overnight. I will do my best to participate because replacing out at this point is a burden, and I can reasonably still read along and contribute as time allows. You will likely see a downtick in my posting though, so heads up.

Gamewise, I think UT/reck makes the most sense probably. Still possible Blair went hambone super bus in a last ditch to save this game for scum, but that's a tinfoil theory at this point.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Blair »

These posts look like a concerted effort to derail the Kmd push and some genuine (scum) righteous indignation that we weren't following the planned Puppy push:
In post 2569, Untrod Tripod wrote:it is blowing my fucking mind right now that anyone is saying "let's just let this army of trackers be completely useless"
In post 2571, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 2570, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2569, Untrod Tripod wrote:it is blowing my fucking mind right now that anyone is saying "let's just let this army of trackers be completely useless"
Well yeah, I agree with that. You have to admit though, there is a potential risk, regardless of what you think puppy's alignment is.

And it's even harder if you're asking people who think he is town to just policy yeet him for *fingers crossed*
and you just not bothered at all by the behavior around the four separate installments of claiming this information?
In post 2573, Untrod Tripod wrote:I don't know, kmd, I think a better question would be why would town try to out all of the information roles?

I don't think CLAP thinks that they'll get yeeted. Additionally I do think that they were genuinely surprised that people didn't want random nightkills. Also the fact that the information has come out piecemeal after seeing how people reacted to every previous piece of information looks extremely sketchy to me. If I'm town with that role as claimed, I claim it in my first post. If I'm scum with that role.... I might do it the way that it was done. For me, so much of the behavior around the claim screams scum to me and I'm having a really hard time shaking that fact. I know I was talking about the fact earlier in the game that town doesn't always play optimally, but sometimes people do things that benefit scum because... they're scum.

Like, regardless of their alignment do you disagree that it's a net positive for town for the trackers to be able to catch scum? What do you think the benefit is of leaving that role up?
VOTE: Untrod Tripod

I don't feel as strongly about this one as Kmd, but it makes a lot of sense to me all the same.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i need to reread

it's def not me tho

but the game seems pretty won regardless so

i still think im willing to call all the trackers clear at this point
green shirt thursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2621, Blair wrote:UT looks pretty bad on reread of yesterday. Someone tell me why the solve isn't just UT?
so you're just going to ignore that kmd was pushing me when it looked like it was going to be either me or someone else?

anyway it doesn't really matter if you yeet me today because I'm a VT so go for it?

it's also AWFULLY CONVENIENT that the RaNdoM sCuM KiLL was on a pretty much 100% agreed upon town player

the issue I had was never that the mod slot was committing the kills, but that they're randomly determined. I feel like I'm saying this into a void because everyone just keeps fucking ignoring it
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2628, Untrod Tripod wrote:so you're just going to ignore that kmd was pushing me when it looked like it was going to be either me or someone else?
Lay it out for me. Show which posts in that interaction can't be SvS and why. I'm reasonable.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

the burden of proof is on the person making the claim
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by AGar »

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2630, Untrod Tripod wrote:the burden of proof is on the person making the claim
Correct. I claimed your posts yesterday were suspicious, I provided evidence and a supporting theory.

You claimed your interactions with Kmd earlier in the game were town indicative for you. The burden is yours to support that claim with evidence.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

I effing knew it was KMD after that awful case on me Day 1. That hammer FELT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

RIP AGar, you will be avenged.
In post 2619, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 2617, Gammagooey wrote:Reck/UT/Hoopla
you've left out blair
+1
In post 2625, VP Baltar wrote:Can confirm Vi targeted Agar last night.

Just a heads up to you all that because of what's going on in Portland right now, my play is going to be severely limited. I haven't done any rereading overnight. I will do my best to participate because replacing out at this point is a burden, and I can reasonably still read along and contribute as time allows. You will likely see a downtick in my posting though, so heads up.

Gamewise, I think UT/reck makes the most sense probably. Still possible Blair went hambone super bus in a last ditch to save this game for scum, but that's a tinfoil theory at this point.
Please be safe.

I also share your tinfoil hat theory. I'm going to do some re-reading and lay my thoughts out a bit better.
In post 2628, Untrod Tripod wrote: it's also AWFULLY CONVENIENT that the RaNdoM sCuM KiLL was on a pretty much 100% agreed upon town player

the issue I had was never that the mod slot was committing the kills, but that they're randomly determined. I feel like I'm saying this into a void because everyone just keeps fucking ignoring it
I haven't believed it was random. The kills have been too perfect to be random.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 2220, Starbuck wrote:The cross tracking of each other is interesting. There's, at least, one confirmed track each night - GC confirms
KMD
N1,
Agar
confirms Gamma N2, and
KMD
confirms Gamma N3.

Agar
and
KMD
both confirm Gamma.
GC and Gamma both have IIAU as a track.
Agar
and
KMD
both have Hoopla as a track.
Agar
and GC both track Reck on the same night.

I don't believe in coincidences, but I think we need to eliminate within the trackers today.
Now in color.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2617, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 2616, Green Crayons wrote:Since Kmd tracked CLAP on n1, I'm going to put CLAP into the obvtown pile.
I agree about CLAP being town but now might still be the time to yeet him - it gives two tracks tonight + 1 more the night after even assuming another tracker dies every night

It feels like the better play than just yeeting all of Reck/UT/Hoopla in some order though it probably gives the same results (of just winning the game)?
Yeeting obvtown CLAP so that <unknown change in game circumstances> is not better than not yeeting obvtown CLAP to create town block.

I'm not convinced that the change in circumstances is anything but a big wet fart in terms of helping town. You don't stick a bunch of town trackers into a game and make them all work right on the off chance some player dies on D1.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 0, Vi wrote:
SHOT THROUGH THE HEART! and you're to blame:

3) Auro ---
Mafia Tracker
--- Sacrificed to Nollij Day 1!!!
2) Albert B. Rampage ---
Vanilla Townie
--- Rested in Rage Night 1.
6) farside22 ---
Mafia Goon
--- Sequentially Devoured by Snake Day 2!
13) Porkens ---
Vanilla Townie
--- Gave a Last Squeal Night 2.
12) chkflip
(replacing Morning Tweet D3)
---
Vanilla Townie
--- Given the Rotisserie Treatment Day 3.
9) iamausername ---
Vanilla Townie
--- theywerekilledhorribly Night 3.
10) Kmd4390 ---
Mafia Tracker
--- Sent Back to Work Day 4!!!
1) AGar ---
Town Tracker
--- Experienced Carotid Bleeding from a Hockey Skate Night 4...
4 VTs (I know I'm a VT, that makes 5)
1 Town Tracker

1 Mafia Goon
2 Mafia Trackers

There has to be more than one Goon, right? And maybe a 3rd Mafia Tracker?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:59 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@Starbuck - remember that Hoopla's claimed revelation is that there's only 4 anti-town players total (which is again the correct amount of scum for a game this size).

I tracked Reck on the off-chance that it would make the scumkill be wacky since the n3 kill was the only one that felt possibly randomized and the tracks that night were 2 on Reck+1 on Kmd+1 on me+mine on IAAU. (Reck visited no-one last night)

I"m going to do this just b/c I think it leads to the greatest % chance of winning even if scum are playing very well
VOTE: Puppy

If you think there's likely unforseen consequences of doing that and don't want to yeet Puppy then say so - I'm not planning on fighting for it very hard. I'll be happy to re-read some stuff if people ask but my perspective on the game atm is "We probably already win so I'm going to chill and have some fun with it" instead of try-harding at this point. I'd be very surprised and impressed if scum aren't specifically in one of Reck/UT. UT was never early on any scum wagons and him jumping on the bus when it was needed to try to make sure he didn't get screwed by the scum yeets fits what I'd expect him to do as scum. Reck mostly feels fine, he just hasn't pushed on any scum except farside after the 50/50 this game and it feels like he was trying to imply that his revelation was big and important earlier in the game and now it seems really unlikely to be much of anything if it's real given what he's said recently.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2637, Gammagooey wrote:If you think there's likely unforseen consequences of doing that and don't want to yeet Puppy then say so
In post 2635, Green Crayons wrote:Yeeting obvtown CLAP so that is not better than not yeeting obvtown CLAP to create town block.

I'm not convinced that the change in circumstances is anything but a big wet fart in terms of helping town. You don't stick a bunch of town trackers into a game and make them all work right on the off chance some player dies on D1.
:neutral:

VOTE: UT
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2635, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2617, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 2616, Green Crayons wrote:Since Kmd tracked CLAP on n1, I'm going to put CLAP into the obvtown pile.
I agree about CLAP being town but now might still be the time to yeet him - it gives two tracks tonight + 1 more the night after even assuming another tracker dies every night

It feels like the better play than just yeeting all of Reck/UT/Hoopla in some order though it probably gives the same results (of just winning the game)?
Yeeting obvtown CLAP so that <unknown change in game circumstances> is not better than not yeeting obvtown CLAP to create town block.

In post 1, Vi wrote:
General Rules:

Ruleset stolen from Vi for that authentic old-time feeling. Note that cfj wouldn't let me out of reviews without a swing warning.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

As the days go by I am less convinced UT is scum
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Given my track record this means you should all be voting UT though
green shirt thursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

does anyone actually believe that these kills are random? if you don't believe that, does it not concern you that the claim as stated is at least partially a lie?

vote CLAP
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VOTE: CLAP sure
green shirt thursdays
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2642, Untrod Tripod wrote:does anyone actually believe that these kills are random? if you don't believe that, does it not concern you that the claim as stated is at least partially a lie?

vote CLAP
Which part of his claim is a lie?

His interpretation (that Vi is randomly reassigning nightkills) would be wrong, but I fail to see what part of his claim (that Vi is carrying out the kills) would be a lie.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2642, Untrod Tripod wrote:does anyone actually believe that these kills are random? if you don't believe that, does it not concern you that the claim as stated is at least partially a lie?

vote CLAP
In post 2643, xRECKONERx wrote:VOTE: CLAP sure
Stop voting as a bloc so I can figure out which one of you is scum, please.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter

Glad Hatter

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 2638, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2637, Gammagooey wrote:If you think there's likely unforseen consequences of doing that and don't want to yeet Puppy then say so
In post 2635, Green Crayons wrote:Yeeting obvtown CLAP so that is not better than not yeeting obvtown CLAP to create town block.

:neutral:

VOTE: UT
If you wanna make a town block then make the town block - list out the people who are absolutely town and who needs to be crushed under the cold weight of PoE, and we can talk about it and potentially just go with that instead.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Blair wrote:Which part of his claim is a lie?
In post 2168, CantHateAPuppy wrote:1) scum make the kill
2) that kill is automatically blocked
3) vi makes a new kill instead.
it may or may not be the same target.

ambiguities:

* im not sure whether scum know this is happening. they must have figured out by now that something's up? not sure if they knew this all along or not.
* im not sure how vi is selecting the kill. i thought this was random, but my PM doesn't say that, no explanation is given, Vi could just be killing off her favorites or going in some pre-set order
for the nth time: it strains credulity to claim that these nightkills could have been assigned randomly. three of the four were on almost universally agreed-upon town players, one of whom had been virtually confirmed as town the day immediately preceding the kill. there's just no way.

my tinfoil hat theory is that CLAP's role is either an enabler who allows the factional mafia kill to go through Vi, or that role is a ninja variant that directs those kills.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Green Crayons »

vote CLAP
In post 2497, Green Crayons wrote:Vi's chosen kill could be % based on whether it is original target, or a random new target. So like maybe: 100% blocked; 50% chance original target, 50% chance non-scum new target; if 50% chance non-scum new target, random.org decides.

Something along those lines would account for first two nights making sense, and third night not so much.

I don't know why we ascribed Vi's intention to the mod killings. She isn't a player.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Blair »

From the exact same post:
In post 2168, CantHateAPuppy wrote:ok, so it works like this:

1) scum make the kill
2) that kill is automatically blocked
3) vi makes a new kill instead. it may or may not be the same target.

ambiguities:

* im not sure whether scum know this is happening. they must have figured out by now that something's up? not sure if they knew this all along or not.
im not sure how vi is selecting the kill. i thought this was random, but my PM doesn't say that, no explanation is given
, Vi could just be killing off her favorites or going in some pre-set order
Puppy has been pretty clear that his revelation does not state that the kills are random, only that Vi is carrying them out.

Does that clear Puppy? No. But you're trying to strong-arm people into voting him on the false premise that his claimed revelation has been at least partially disproven, when it objectively hasn't.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”