Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 244, osuka wrote:
In post 238, Psyche wrote:
In post 232, osuka wrote:
In post 215, Psyche wrote:VOTE: osuka

213 seems an odd response given that he's developed more specific/coherent negative reads on walter and bugspray since his truth vote. early votes by default are baseless and ambiguous but it's suspicious that osuka's complacent about keeping that way given that even in his view he has other options.
omegalul

are you really trying to tell me what my reads are? my hungover brain balks at the thought of having to come up with words to describe just how a complete dumpster fire piece of shit this post is
no i would have used the second rather than the third person if i were trying to tell you what your reads are. i'm not trying to convince you to self-vote, after all.
put it this way:
In post 215, Psyche wrote:
he's developed more specific/coherent negative reads on walter and bugspray since his truth vote
. early votes by default are baseless and ambiguous but it's suspicious that osuka's complacent about keeping that way given that
even in his view he has other options
emphasis mine.

the bolded text is truly honestly disgusting and does not come from town. You're trying to spin a single sentence i posted for each slot and trying to push me based off of the fact that I said "walter's post rubs me off wrong" so therefore I must think he's scum. That's dogshit

to be completely clear: if i think someone is scum, i'll say it. and right now, i think you're scum.
VOTE: psyche
this just seems like omgus. it's overly reductive, too. not much in it that i can actually appreciate. i still like my vote.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

the stuff you wrote about walter and bugspray were indeed just inconsequential one-liners, like you say in 244
however, that's more than what you've offered justifying your truth vote! indeed, when asked, you even explicitly aver that your truth vote was entirely irrational.
in that context, i'm allowed to wonder why you only left it by page 10 when someone started pressuring you over it
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 250, Psyche wrote:
In post 244, osuka wrote:
In post 238, Psyche wrote:
In post 232, osuka wrote:
In post 215, Psyche wrote:VOTE: osuka

213 seems an odd response given that he's developed more specific/coherent negative reads on walter and bugspray since his truth vote. early votes by default are baseless and ambiguous but it's suspicious that osuka's complacent about keeping that way given that even in his view he has other options.
omegalul

are you really trying to tell me what my reads are? my hungover brain balks at the thought of having to come up with words to describe just how a complete dumpster fire piece of shit this post is
no i would have used the second rather than the third person if i were trying to tell you what your reads are. i'm not trying to convince you to self-vote, after all.
put it this way:
In post 215, Psyche wrote:
he's developed more specific/coherent negative reads on walter and bugspray since his truth vote
. early votes by default are baseless and ambiguous but it's suspicious that osuka's complacent about keeping that way given that
even in his view he has other options
emphasis mine.

the bolded text is truly honestly disgusting and does not come from town. You're trying to spin a single sentence i posted for each slot and trying to push me based off of the fact that I said "walter's post rubs me off wrong" so therefore I must think he's scum. That's dogshit

to be completely clear: if i think someone is scum, i'll say it. and right now, i think you're scum.
VOTE: psyche
this just seems like omgus. it's overly reductive, too. not much in it that i can actually appreciate. i still like my vote.
my point, in case it wasn't clear enough, is that 215 is an inherently manipulative post and is obviously constructed from, and relies upon, a massive misrepresentation of what was actually said. that type of post doesn't come from town because it is far too deliberate to be a simple misunderstanding

that make sense or do i have to explain again?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 251, Psyche wrote:the stuff you wrote about walter and bugspray were indeed just inconsequential one-liners, like you say in 244
however, that's more than what you've offered justifying your truth vote! indeed, when asked, you even explicitly aver that your truth vote was entirely irrational.
in that context, i'm allowed to wonder why you only left it by page 10 when someone started pressuring you over it
i saw no reason to switch the vote because nobody had done anything i'd call really push worthy until you tried to pull that shit in 215

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by osuka »

people often give me shit for voteparking at the beginning of the game (like you did) but i find that throwing the vote around for no good reason actually yields worse results so i'm willing to take flak for it. especially since sometimes you can get valuable insights into some scumfuck slots :)

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Psyche »

Another reason I'm voting osuka is that his posting style also seems unnatural, and unlike bugspray who can only call me nervous or weird w/o any further explanation, I can be more specific about why I find his posts that way.

His early posting seems simultaneously irreverent and self-conscious, a conflict that comes off as a bit inauthentic. Posts 105, 109, 139 seem like the best examples of this. His rather hyperbolic reaction to my case against him also fits in the category. On the one hand, he's very attentive to how his posts come off. He pulls a youtube video and large bold font to comment on off-hand oneliner calling his posts "frustrated". He's deeply curious what response LicketyQuickety expected to his question. He wants to know what LQ thinks of his readiness to BS. And But on the other hand, his style and tone are irreverent. Across his whole iso he posts in terse one-liners w/ little concern for grammar/punctuation, and is willing to use really vulgar, hyperbolic language to describe people's posts.

The conflict in all this is that this baseline disrespect for others and the stuff they take seriously doesn't fit well with the co-occuring pattern of spending a lot of time/energy reacting to and interrogating others' idea of him.

There are other potential explanations for these patterns - for example, narcissism. An excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle criticism, and so on are par for the course when it comes to narcissists and cleanly explains the conflicts I'm picking up on. But given that we're only at page 11, I'm exploring the hypothesis that a situational mediator explains the conflict: osuka's win condition especially requires that he manage our impressions of him, but he doesn't want us to catch that. We'll see which pans out.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 252, osuka wrote:hat make sense or do i have to explain again?
i understand it. i just think it's baseless and wrong.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 254, osuka wrote:people often give me shit for voteparking at the beginning of the game (like you did) but i find that throwing the vote around for no good reason actually yields worse results so i'm willing to take flak for it. especially since sometimes you can get valuable insights into some scumfuck slots :)
You made a vote with no basis, found opportunities to make votes w/ some basis, and decided against doing it. Imo it's because you didn't really care, not because you've discovered that moving votes has worse outcomes somehow. Even now, you've made not one post all game characterizing anything Truth's posted as scummy. Maybe you can explain to me how that sort of "voteparking" helps find and get scum lynched?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by bugspray »

why is survivalism scum indicative?
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Because that's the goal of scum
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by bugspray »

town doesn't want to die either

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by bugspray »

just as a baseline getting lynched = bad

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by bugspray »

ive never understoof why ppl consider survivalism to be ai

Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Nash »

In post 191, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Nash, your reason for Psyche?
I think it was too early to make this remark.
I do think to some degree, subconsciously self aware scum can't differentiate between scumplay and responding to NAI questions, which could cause them to lie unnecessarily. So I believe it's logical to draw connections between Truth's behaviour and her alignment. That's why there's some added weight to the possibility that scum!Psyche thinks town!Truth is a more probable miselimination, and that being against the wagon could earn him towncred.
im gonna put some dirt in your eyE
Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Nash »

In post 196, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Edit Reread of nash puts them neutal with tl due to not understanding why my lurking would be scummy.
Why do you think I don't?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 254, osuka wrote:people often give me shit for voteparking at the beginning of the game (like you did) but i find that throwing the vote around for no good reason actually yields worse results so i'm willing to take flak for it. especially since sometimes you can get valuable insights into some scumfuck slots :)
Then why did you vote Truth?
Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Nash »

I'm getting townpings from 0verki11.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 265, Dunnstral wrote:
Then why did you vote Truth?
Because I feel like that’s a slot that needs to be under at least some pressure, lest he wander off and post completely nonsensical things about whatever’s going on in his mind.

If he has some pressure on him, I feel like he might stick to posting completely nonsensical things that at least have some sort of connection to what’s being discussed in the game

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Psyche »

i think my observations about truth were really obvious, not early
Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:48 pm

Post by Nash »

In post 268, Psyche wrote:i think my observations about truth were really obvious, not early
And why was it obvious that she was being sincere?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by Psyche »

i've already thoroughly explained that...
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by redtea »

Hot take: Psyche/Osuka are scumbuddies.
What do
you
think? T/S? S/S?

More on this soon...
*Old account here
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:18 am

Post by Looker »

In post 258, bugspray wrote:why is survivalism scum indicative?
Survivalism being your only objective is questionable. Typically town want to put town in a good position post-flip.
In post 259, Dunnstral wrote:Because that's the goal of scum
Survivalism over trying to find scum is suspicious to me. Especially when he doesn't respond to questions levied against him and uses subjective, non-specific, and uncommunicated reasons to cover his survivalism.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:19 am

Post by Looker »

Strike my use of improper pronouns along with bugspray's use of "lynch(ed)" in #261
Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:48 am

Post by Nash »

In post 270, Psyche wrote:i've already thoroughly explained that...
That could be an explanation for why town!Truth did that, but if she is proficient enough to fakeclaim Miller Mason as town, I don't think it's out of her scumrange to claim VT as scum. I don't understand why it makes her obvious town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”