superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:42 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Also overkill what are you actually doing? Are you going to vote anytime soon? You've posted ideas you could explore but have done nothing but lurk for the day
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:47 am

Post by redtea »

In post 298, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I'm aware
I did, but my reread of Nash I realized i needed to see more,
fair enough.
In post 298, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
I really was not sure where you stood at the time, but are more town since my post.
The audacity of this man. I can't say I've seen someone double down quite like this.

Kinda bums me out that no one's voting walter anymore, but I really could see who flips between osuka and Psyche, so I might as well.
VOTE: Psyche
*Old account here
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:56 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

Lickety, since you are town, when you have caught up on thread, do you have any reads?
Why have you not voted?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:11 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 291, superbowl9 wrote:What's the reason for your taget switching so much? I get survivalism recently but has that been the case the whole time?
trying to find something that sticks which in restrospect is a stupid fducking idea because its easily possibly ive been right and then some scum person just is like nah thats stupid and im like lol ok good idea and then the partner is saves

pedit let me read

the pronoun correction thing is something I do literally every game I have ever played in
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Psyche »

think people are overrating my commitment to the osuka push, leading them to either think 1) i have really strong confidence in a case that's middling, or 2) that my more noncommital language re:osuka represents some sort of conflict w/ the rest of my iso.

but the fact is that my osuka push is more about driving substantive content creation than the hope i come back to this thread in a couple hours and find him lynched.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:32 am

Post by Psyche »

redtea's wall is interesting enough to merit an answer
In post 292, redtea wrote:Here's some thoughts on Psyche.
Spoiler: Psyche, #249
In post 249, Psyche wrote:
In post 246, bugspray wrote:VOTE: psyche I agree he's fucking weird in a scum way
can you try going into a little detail

No accusation here. No bewilderment. No analysis. No nothing.
bugspray is voting Psyche at this moment.
Is he trying to seem rational/townie in comparison to bugspray? Idk, but he doesn't follow up on it when bugspray doesn't respond. Doesn't try to get further explanation, or point anything out about it or bugspray
When you started this comment, I was unsure whether you were talking about me or about bugspray. Anyway, when I made the quoted post, I was hoping to get a response that might be analyzed later or at minimum establish in the record bugspray's unwillingness to provide explanations for his stances. Being terse with my question kept it open-ended, avoiding guiding bugspray's response. However, and this is really important, my attention was focused on osuka and not so much on interrogating bugspray at the time. For those two reasons - my style of investigation on the one hand and overall inattention on the other - my post was formatted the way it was.
On the topic of #213...
Spoiler: Psyche, #210
In post 210, Psyche wrote:
In post 72, osuka wrote:
In post 66, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 59, osuka wrote:For all of you who find truths posts so far deeply jarring, I suggest you look at one of his other normals on here because he somehow made it alive for several days and there’s a lot of very puzzling things about how he played that game
Not going to go through this work, why not just tell us what happened lol?
no i mean you really really really should go through his iso in that game because nothing i can say here would even come remotely close to conveying just how outstandingly bizarre that game was

what i can tell you is that his behavior this game so far is a good indicator of what you'll see in the other thread
wasn't truth town in that game? if so, why did you vote for him here if his posts here are similar to his posts there?
In post 109, osuka wrote:
In post 108, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 107, osuka wrote:felt like it
That's actually a way better answer than I was expecting, thanks.
You’re welcome

were you expecting me to flame you or what
just as a side note osuka has an interesting style reflected here and in the rest of his iso that seems simultaneously self-conscious (really attentive to how his posts appear) and irreverent (apathetic about coming off as coarse). strikes me as a conflict, potentially even a little disingenuous, but could easily prove innocuous.

"potentially even a little disingenuous,
could easily prove innocuous
." Looks like a red flag to me. Where's the pressure? Sure, he does vote for osuka.
Later.
But this disclaimer only makes it all the easier to retract it.
I'd hazard to say he deliberately put off his vote so it wouldn't seem contradictory to include his statements and a vote in the same post. Instead he just separates it by (1) response from osuka.
I do agree with Psyche's evaluation of osuka's posts being "self-conscious". Whereas I would've pushed based on that, Psyche didn't. Which is. A choice, I guess. But again, Psyche deliberately softened it.
On the other hand, I agree with osuka's
Yeah, I didn't want to overstate my reaction to my assessment of osuka's posts. Like I've explained elsewhere, I don't think the self-consciousness/irreverent conflict in osuka is necessarily scummy, just kind of pingy. I hadn't decided yet in post 210 whether I wanted to put pressure on osuka yet: the observation of the conflict, though, explains my attention to osuka in further posts. Also, again, I wanted to keep my question at the beginning of the post open-ended. If I were too aggressive in my follow-up comment, he might have given me a more guarded answer than "idk the vote has no basis at all" that pinged me as so scummy.
Spoiler: Psyche #250
In post 250, Psyche wrote:
In post 244, osuka wrote:
In post 238, Psyche wrote:
In post 232, osuka wrote:
In post 215, Psyche wrote:VOTE: osuka

213 seems an odd response given that he's developed more specific/coherent negative reads on walter and bugspray since his truth vote. early votes by default are baseless and ambiguous but it's suspicious that osuka's complacent about keeping that way given that even in his view he has other options.
omegalul

are you really trying to tell me what my reads are? my hungover brain balks at the thought of having to come up with words to describe just how a complete dumpster fire piece of shit this post is
no i would have used the second rather than the third person if i were trying to tell you what your reads are. i'm not trying to convince you to self-vote, after all.
put it this way:
In post 215, Psyche wrote:
he's developed more specific/coherent negative reads on walter and bugspray since his truth vote
. early votes by default are baseless and ambiguous but it's suspicious that osuka's complacent about keeping that way given that
even in his view he has other options
emphasis mine.

the bolded text is truly honestly disgusting and does not come from town. You're trying to spin a single sentence i posted for each slot and trying to push me based off of the fact that I said "walter's post rubs me off wrong" so therefore I must think he's scum. That's dogshit

to be completely clear: if i think someone is scum, i'll say it. and right now, i think you're scum.
VOTE: psyche
this just seems like omgus. it's overly reductive, too. not much in it that i can actually appreciate. i still like my vote.

Now here's the thing. As emotional (deliberately so I think, as I'll touch on later) as osuka's response is, I agree with it to an extent. Psyche's thing here was pretty baseless. The way he's been pushing osuka is half-assed, as shown here. He doesn't address the shit osuka pointed out at all.
It isn't until 35 posts after #215 that he properly evaluates osuka at all, in

So that's one half of this theory, right?

Spoiler: osuka #244
In post 244, osuka wrote:
In post 238, Psyche wrote:
In post 232, osuka wrote:
In post 215, Psyche wrote:VOTE: osuka

213 seems an odd response given that he's developed more specific/coherent negative reads on walter and bugspray since his truth vote. early votes by default are baseless and ambiguous but it's suspicious that osuka's complacent about keeping that way given that even in his view he has other options.
omegalul

are you really trying to tell me what my reads are? my hungover brain balks at the thought of having to come up with words to describe just how a complete dumpster fire piece of shit this post is
no i would have used the second rather than the third person if i were trying to tell you what your reads are. i'm not trying to convince you to self-vote, after all.
put it this way:
In post 215, Psyche wrote:
he's developed more specific/coherent negative reads on walter and bugspray since his truth vote
. early votes by default are baseless and ambiguous but it's suspicious that osuka's complacent about keeping that way given that
even in his view he has other options
emphasis mine.

the bolded text is truly honestly disgusting and does not come from town. You're trying to spin a single sentence i posted for each slot and trying to push me based off of the fact that I said "walter's post rubs me off wrong" so therefore I must think he's scum. That's dogshit

to be completely clear: if i think someone is scum, i'll say it. and right now, i think you're scum.
VOTE: psyche

Now refer to:
Spoiler: osuka #107
In post 107, osuka wrote:
In post 106, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 105, osuka wrote:
In post 83, 0verki11 wrote:hi all
osuka is town
truth can be town for now I guess?
In post 84, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I see frustrated town vides with Osuka for sure, Overki11
LicketySplit, what is your read on Truth so far?
walter's post rubs me off the wrong way for some nondescript reason

but most importantly let me draw attention to this
In post 84, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I see frustrated town vides with Osuka for sure

BRÖTHER

i'm not frustrated yet, i'm literally just fucking around. when i'm annoyed, you'll know
Hi. I have no idea how to read this post in terms of Townie/Scummy. Could you tell me why you wanted to make this post?
felt like it

Now, I've never played with osuka before.
But that looks like a setup to me.
Not sure what you're trying to say in these last two comments. But as for the first, I just disagree with you. My case was not baseless, and in fact osuka's response to it was hyperbolic and insubstantial. You're free to disagree, but just like him you've provided no basis for that disagreement.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Psyche »

How seriously should I be taking these votes on me? Like, to me they seem kind of lazy, pulled out of your asses, but maybe you guys don't feel that way? Should I switch into survival mode?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 292, redtea wrote:The way he's been pushing osuka is half-assed, as shown here. He doesn't address the shit osuka pointed out at all.
what does osuka point out? and are you sure i didn't address it?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:47 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 306, Psyche wrote:Should I switch into survival mode?
It sounds like you already did

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Psyche »

eh nothing else was on
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Psyche »

btw are you the kind of player who just doesn't do much or what
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:11 am

Post by bugspray »

what

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Psyche »

it seems a straightforward question to me
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 am

Post by osuka »

In post 312, Psyche wrote:it seems a straightforward question to me
it looked like a straightforward answer to me

"are you the kind of player who doesn't do much or what" gives two options:
- "the kind of player who doesn't do much"
- "what"

he seems to choose the second

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Psyche »

how characteristic
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:46 am

Post by osuka »

In post 314, Psyche wrote:how characteristic
they're not mutually exclusive you know

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Psyche »

what's not
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:50 am

Post by osuka »

In post 310, Psyche wrote:the kind of player who just doesn't do much or what

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:00 am

Post by Psyche »

i have no idea what you're trying to sayyy
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Psyche »

you guys waste so much time with this oneliner schtick
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 222, LicketyQuickety wrote:Let it be known that I do not feel Psyche is working with Town, but against it.
hey, i'd be intersted in seeing more details about this post, seems like you missed it the first time someone did
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Looker »

In post 296, redtea wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 201, Looker wrote:
In post 190, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:So looker, do you have reason for voting other than hopping on?
If you're town, we use your wagon as PoE. I also like assessing the votes on competing wagons, i.e. you and bugspray.
In post 193, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I do think it slight scummy to not reply to it and instead go on about the pronouns, but that is probably a personal issue.
Do you think the pronoun outrage is a gimmick/AtE?
In post 195, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Slight scum feeling on bugspray, Psyche
Neutral on truth Overkii Looker
Town Gypyx Nash Osuka Superbowl
Do you typically not vote the people you think are scum?

I know you're voting bugspray now, but I hope you know that you'd be included in any such PoE pool.
Yes; I'm familiar. It'd still be beneficial because I'd be able to narrow down my own PoE and start determining teammates.
In post 306, Psyche wrote:How seriously should I be taking these votes on me? Like, to me they seem kind of lazy, pulled out of your asses, but maybe you guys don't feel that way? Should I switch into survival mode?
How do you feel about the numerous counterwagons to defend bugspray?
In post 319, Psyche wrote:you guys waste so much time with this oneliner schtick
Do you feel it's a way to not commit to contradictory logic? I would imagine the less someone says, the less they have to be held to.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 219, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 185, Gypyx wrote:Well, he sticks to doing non-commiting posts that don't really mean anything new / push the game foward,
Gypyx I still don't get your case on Walter (at that point in the game). He's "noncommital" and lurky sure, but there are others who would match this description as well. Was Walter just the first one to cross off the list, or did he say something specifically that flagged you?
well, around the time of that post, Walter was the only one who has only made posts without game-related content / where he just agrees without someone's read, scince then he kinda started to put a bit more content, but i'm still kind of uneasy with him
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

anyways, i just tried to get my head back into that game, it's 23:45, i'm off to get sleep, pls don't hammer

bottom text
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Psyche »