Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:32 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

It will be pretty conspicuous if you just disappear
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:48 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Good point, I'll engage with what other players say

I'm gonna keep my vote on Ali for now and hope that someone will join

Maybe if you try to be the reasonable one and I keep up my 'noob town who is so sure he's right'
♪ ♫
I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original
♫ ♪
Come play: Codenames! | Taskmaster!
GTKAS!
It's easier to message me on Discord: CreativeMod1#3798
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:58 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Also, assuming that you're more active than PK then we can go for a quick hammer if things work out
But only quick hammer if the vote is on Ali, if its on someone else then we'll need to do a slightly slower hammer
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Lol btw that story that I told about someone pretending to be 3rd party was me xD

It was a massive game of IRL werewolf and I got caught out on a lie and so I claimed a role who in order to win needs to be eaten by werewolves but if they do get eaten then the werewolves lose their next attack and so hence why the role needs to stay hidden otherwise werewolves won't attack

After claiming said role I got all up in arms about how my game is now ruined and I give up, what's the point, wolves will never attack me and so I'll never win, everyone felt sorry for me and kept me in the game and managed to get a win from it
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Also I know I said I was gonna back off slightly but as he's now attacking me, I realised that if I backed off and changed my approach then its gonna look like I'm scared and hiding something so I need to keep on the attack
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:49 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Can I get an opinion from you on pros/cons to having a no-cancel this round and then attempting to kill someone in the night and then getting a cancel tomorrow

Like if we can night kill someone then we only need 1 town to vote for another town and we can quick hammer and win
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:02 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

@MOD gonna ask a follow up in here...

So technically we didn't no-kill and our kill was blocked, would that mean that the onus is technically on the town atm?

I'm just thinking in terms of information, if we fail to kill again tonight then that causes info for the town to know that either last night or tonights kill must've been blocked
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:05 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Hmm which means that if Porkens docs Ali again and we fail to kill then Ali is auto-cleared which would be baaaad
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:09 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Also @MOD would it be announced at the start of the night to everyone that there's an onus on the mafia to make a kill or would it be announced only to the mafia? (thus indicating whether or not they tried to make a kill last night)
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 155, CreativeMod1 wrote:Can I get an opinion from you on pros/cons to having a no-cancel this round and then attempting to kill someone in the night and then getting a cancel tomorrow

Like if we can night kill someone then we only need 1 town to vote for another town and we can quick hammer and win
People seem ready to end the game, I think we try for an elimination today, if we don't get one it's not that big a deal
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:27 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Okay, I think I'm not gonna comment on Porkens no-cancel vote atm because I think it is in towns best interest to no-cancel here and if I'm the one who tries to stop it then it'll look bad on me

So I'm gonna give it time and see what other people say about it first
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 156, CreativeMod1 wrote:@MOD gonna ask a follow up in here...

So technically we didn't no-kill and our kill was blocked, would that mean that the onus is technically on the town atm?

I'm just thinking in terms of information, if we fail to kill again tonight then that causes info for the town to know that either last night or tonights kill must've been blocked
Because the Mafia attempted a kill, the onus would be on the town.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 158, CreativeMod1 wrote:Also @MOD would it be announced at the start of the night to everyone that there's an onus on the mafia to make a kill or would it be announced only to the mafia? (thus indicating whether or not they tried to make a kill last night)
If the onus were on the town to cancel someone, it would have to be announced - therefore, for fairness' sake, if the onus were on the Mafia, it would have to be announced.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Hmm, if I may I'd disagree slightly, surely it should be announced only to those it's on the onus to

Like the town knowing whether or not we tried to kill last night is a hell of a lot of information, if we go into the night and Porkens knows that mafia tried to kill last night then Porkens knows that Ali is 100% cleared (as they protected Ali last night so either Ali was attacked or Ali blocked the attack)
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Especially in a set up where there's 2 different PRs that block our night kills, it's really negative against us
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Blair »

Nothing is announced at all unless both factions choose to stall the game, so it's completely avoidable. The alternative is to allow both factions to deadlock the game with impunity, which effectively ends the game.

Point being, the only way the town discovers that you attempted a kill on Night 3 is if you no kill on Night 4 - which is completely in your control, so it's not like you're being forced into revealing anything. If you attempt a kill and it succeeds, they learn nothing. If you attempt a kill and it fails, they learn nothing.

Bottom line: No cancel followed by no kill, or the inverse, is against the spirit of the game and it requires both factions actively attempting to stall the game, so the solution is messy no matter how it's handled.
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Okay, sorry it was more a case of, if town knows that a lack of an announcement going into Night 4 means that we did attempt to kill Night 3
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Also, I think what might help here is if you look a bit more on the scummy side and then I make the kill that way hopefully Ali won't jail me and we should be able to get a kill through
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

In post 166, CreativeMod1 wrote:Okay, sorry it was more a case of, if town knows that a lack of an announcement going into Night 4 means that we did attempt to kill Night 3
Also, I realise that this would only be relevant if a townie asks the same question that I did, but if someone does then they'd know whether we killed on Night 4 because we were forced to or because we chose to
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Okay so, we're now in the night, unless you object I think I should probably make the kill

Where should we try to kill?

Porkens is claiming that he's not gonna protect anyone tonight, idk if Ali is gonna do the same, either way we've got to make a kill here otherwise we're screwed
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Blair »

Night 4
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:39 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I think we need to take out Alisae, I don’t think a lynch in her is feasible and hopefully Porkens or Hiraki will make the argument that it’s a kill you wouldn’t make
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:40 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Hmmm, yeah I was thinking that but it's also a risky one because if Porkens protects Ali again then it'll be 100% confirmed that Ali is town because then whether we tried to kill Night 3 or were forced to kill Night 4, Ali would've been the cause of no-death either by being saved by Porkens or by blocking the kill themselves

But I think if the kill goes through, Ali does make the most sense here and then a Porkens cancel would be easiest to go for during the day. I would play off the whole wtf?!?! and have a meltdown of my reads are wrong, get a bit pissy that the insults Ali said was actually coming from a town and reevaluate my whole game

Also how much are you generally around? Like are you around enough that we could quick hammer at some point if it comes to it? I'm not really doing lots and lots so I check the game fairly regularly, so if someone votes a town then I'll post in here saying I'm ready to quick hammer and then we can quickly coordinate a time to both post for a quick hammer.
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm BST and I work 7am-4pm, I'm generally around from 5-10/11pm BST.

Yeah we're ina bit of a catch 22 at the minute, we want Porkens around, but he's also standing in the way fo killing Alisae, what do you Porkens will do tonight?
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:42 am

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Yeah it's a tough one, but also Porkens saying he's not going to save...do we believe that?

Just to go over things:

Porkens: I think would be a bad kill, I couldn't see Hiraki cancelling Ali or Peta and I think he'd push for you
Peta: I don't see anyone saving Peta tbh but I think it'd leave us in a game state where they push for you
Ali: if the kill goes through, this would be our best thing to happen, only stopped by Porkens saving
Hiraki: Ali will either save this slot or try to block mafia, given their previous reasoning of why they've picked their targets, I think Ali is likely to save this slot

So I think an Ali kill is probably our best bet
♪ ♫
♫ ♪
GTKAS!

Return to “Completed Game Topics”