RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1348, Snowblaze wrote:Parks his vote there until 497, trying to encourage Menalque to go there, but then doesn't interact with the large wagon on Mohab - I think the logic for going with me over Mohab was trusting Menalque on the grounds that he'd be more-or-less confirmed scum given a scum!Mohab flip.
This is accurate. I'd still go ydrasse today but scum!Mohab highly incriminates menalque and the further into the day we get, the further from that idea we get. Which is why my vote is still there.

I did like the initial wagon comp on Mohab but it was after getting no traction on it (only Umlaut voted with me) after I moved away that people flipped onto it.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1348, Snowblaze wrote:I am really not liking this at all. There's also the fact that he supported the Titus wagon and made a case against Titus but never actually switched to vote there, which would imply he was trying to persuade others to switch off the Mohab wagon to protect his partner?
It implies I didn't believe Titus was scummy enough to vote, I just liked where Fredericks head was at in that moment.

That plus I wasn't keen on detracting from the leading wagons and spreading votes onto a third competing wagon a day out from deadline. Which was what Titus was pushed for in the first place.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

If we're going with me today then post my flip A50 is off the table as a lynch option because it's dumb to lynch both paired slots as possible partners instead of 1 and 1 of possible pairings. So bear that in mind.

Tomorrow the pool is {menalque, ydrasse, SS, Raya} Montosh is townier than all of those slots, or was day 1, I'll reread his day 2 pending execution however. That doesn't exclude him from possible pairings.

I imagine they look something like:

Menalque + any
Montosh + ydrasse
I don't remember any more off the top of my head.

I guess that would leave SS + Raya
SS + Montosh
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1333, Almost50 wrote:What do YOU conclude from it?
Nothing so I'm confused why you point it out and emphasize the word confirmed and have like 3 exclamation marks
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1343, Snowblaze wrote:
Interactions from Mohab/Maemuki to the unconfirmed

- RVS vote for Holden/Montosh

- dislikes Raya’s opening; disagrees with Porkens’s.

- reads list: town on Holden/Montosh, scum on RCE, null on Craig/Menalque

- RCE vote

- doesn’t understand the Holden wagon

- asks for S_S’s reasoning for the vote on her

Not much to go on, is there?

I do feel based on this RCE is probably town, unless Mohab was bussing which I find unlikely. The tone of 879 makes me feel S_S isn’t Maemuki’s partner, although I’m not convinced by that at all.

As for Holden/Montosh... I don’t quite know.
I didn't read over again for context but I think this is a game where scum would want to make sure they're well distanced from.their partners so this doesn't clear RCE
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:31 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 445, Almost50 wrote:
In post 430, Menalque wrote:
In post 418, RCEnigma wrote:or given reasons for Mohab!town
I very literally did
I must've missed them. Actually. I will be first to admit I have a bias against Mohab. I kinda view her as another "Saudade" meaning I expect her to replace out from every game she play in at any given time, so maybe I didn't pay enough attention to her content? (I also have a bias against people not reading the setup, so that's a double bias against Mohab that I have to deal with)
This is just a little observation of Almost50's attitude towards Mohab500. Is claiming to have a double bias on Mohab500 an attempt to distance from Mohab500 or am I reading too much into this?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Menalque »

I sort of think it may be S_S/raya
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Menalque »

Snowblaze, you’re online, do you think that’s crazy?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Menalque »

Ehh actually maybe it’s just ydrasse
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: ydrasse
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Menalque »

Yes, I think ydrasse is the best bet for today
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Snowblaze »

In post 1358, Menalque wrote:Snowblaze, you’re online, do you think that’s crazy?
Well, firstly I think I'm not the best person to ask, but...

No. I'm starting to come round to the idea that there's actually quite a good chance of bussing. I don't want that to be the case, because I'd like to think I was towny enough under pressure to not have a nearly-all-town wagon on me.

But it makes sense. I'll elaborate tomorrow when I have more time.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 1309, Menalque wrote:*sigh*

VOTE: menalque
Ewww. This vote the and the whole stream of posts following is so bad. Why are we not lynching here? Menalque says well hey yes sure I am probably the slot that needs to be evaluated today so definitely vote me. And guess what, people move off that wagon because "scum would never do that".

But scum will do it if they think it makes them look townie enough to give them a chance to escape. They remove some pressure and then stop self-voting.

Not to mention that self-votes are +scum like always.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 1290, Raya36 wrote:
In post 1285, Menalque wrote:In explanation:

I know I’m town. I do still err towards thinking that there was at least one scum backing my push.

RCE is probably town even though he reads super scummy, because of the way mohab talked about him and voted for him? Like she didn’t just say “I wouldn’t be surprised if he flipped scum” and then avoided it (covering for if he did get run up) she actually voted there — i.e. she was happy with a misguillo there?

A50 is probably slightly +town if RCE is town fr defending him although still a big idk there.

Leaves montosh who I also just don’t really townread at all
I feel like scum!menalque wouldn't say we should hunt in the snow wagon but then say that 2/3 besides himself are town?
Why not? If it works to get someone else lynched then it is worth it.
"Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged." Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 1293, Eevee wrote:Also forgot to point out: scum can't bus today, which is why I asked the unconfirmed to make pushes. Not sure how well my plan worked, but I think everyone has been hardpushing A50 which maybe clears him(?)

~Eva
There's been serious pushes against A50 but I wouldn't say it's as universal as all that. Certainly not enough to clear them imo. Plus yeah White flag gambit as others have said.
In post 1304, RCEnigma wrote:I don't have anything to respond to but if I'm executed over my predecessor choosing other games over this one then screw repping into games.
Agreed 150%. So many reasons they might do that. Sometimes you just don't like the game (personally I think you shouldn't rep out because of that due to the mod/game pains it causes but it indicates nothing).
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1363, Montosh wrote:

Ewww.
This vote the and the whole stream of posts following is so bad. Why are we not lynching here? Menalque says well hey yes sure I am probably the slot that needs to be evaluated today so definitely vote me. And guess what, people move off that wagon because "scum would never do that"

But scum will do it if they think it makes them look townie enough to give them a chance to escape. They remove some pressure and then stop self-voting.

Not to mention that self-votes are +scum like always
(1) I took my vote back off after (a) realising that my math was wrong (I think my later math was also wrong though lol) and (b) after there was a relative amount of cohesion from the towncore about me not being scum that made me less worried about being the paranoia mislynch in gylo if the game gets there. Your approach here seems super bad faith. Like, yes, I would contemplate pulling this move as scum. But you're just going "ewww gross votes" because it's something I
might
do as scum instead of looking at whether there is motivation for town!me to be doing it. (Which yes, there is, because I am town, and I did it. Also should be fairly obvious without that knowledge that there is a town motivation to thinking that if slots are tunnelled on you who have a lot of influence -- eevee -- then it may be better to resolve your own slot to allow them to recalibrate.

(2) This is just shade, have you got anything to back this up? I've self-voted as town before and have been in multiple games where town has self-voted out of frustration/a desire to have their reads taken seriously once they're confirmed.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Menalque »

What are you reads anyway montosh?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1363, Montosh wrote:Ewww. This vote the and the whole stream of posts following is so bad. Why are we not lynching here? Menalque says well hey yes sure I am probably the slot that needs to be evaluated today so definitely vote me. And guess what, people move off that wagon because "scum would never do that".
Is that really why anyone moved off the wagon, though? Several players including myself have given reasons for thinking Menalque is town and "because he self-voted" is nowhere among them.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 1366, Menalque wrote:
In post 1363, Montosh wrote:

Ewww.
This vote the and the whole stream of posts following is so bad. Why are we not lynching here? Menalque says well hey yes sure I am probably the slot that needs to be evaluated today so definitely vote me. And guess what, people move off that wagon because "scum would never do that"

Not to mention that self-votes are +scum like always
(1) I took my vote back off after (a) realising that my math was wrong (I think my later math was also wrong though lol) and (b) after there was a relative amount of cohesion from the towncore about me not being scum that made me less worried about being the paranoia mislynch in gylo if the game gets there. Your approach here seems super bad faith. Like, yes, I would contemplate pulling this move as scum. But you're just going "ewww gross votes" because it's something I
might
do as scum instead of looking at whether there is motivation for town!me to be doing it. (Which yes, there is, because I am town, and I did it. Also should be fairly obvious without that knowledge that there is a town motivation to thinking that if slots are tunnelled on you who have a lot of influence -- eevee -- then it may be better to resolve your own slot to allow them to recalibrate.

(2) This is just shade, have you got anything to back this up? I've self-voted as town before and have been in multiple games where town has self-voted out of frustration/a desire to have their reads taken seriously once they're confirmed.
(1) I mean I'm not gonna go through the math so maybe that's my fault. But no, I see there as being no town motivation to do that. I'm voting for you because I think you have good scum equity
and
that your slot likely needs to be evaluated. If I thought you were very townie I wouldn't be voting for you, but I think there's a good chance that you flip as scum. But town!you, knowing that you were town, would not do this because it does not benefit town lynch a townie, unless they really were universally suspicious, which clearly you aren't.

And the whole thing comes off as not genuine because of how clearly you backtrack. Is your explanation of your thought process plausible, yes it is. But I can see strong scum motivation for acting this way.

(2) Just something I've generally assumed to be true. Maybe it's not a fair assumption but I don't think taking this away removes the main point.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 1367, Menalque wrote:What are you reads anyway montosh?
Town

Raya
RCE

S_S
Ydrasse

A50
Menalque

Scum

S_S and Ydrasse are mostly interchangeable, the rest aren't.
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 1368, Umlaut wrote:
In post 1363, Montosh wrote:Ewww. This vote the and the whole stream of posts following is so bad. Why are we not lynching here? Menalque says well hey yes sure I am probably the slot that needs to be evaluated today so definitely vote me. And guess what, people move off that wagon because "scum would never do that".
Is that really why anyone moved off the wagon, though? Several players including myself have given reasons for thinking Menalque is town and "because he self-voted" is nowhere among them.
Not changing the votes but more their feelings concerning the wagon. Like Raya's post subsequent to that whole exchange at
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Umlaut »

Then are you interested in engaging the other reasons, or are you just going to choose the weakest one anyone might hypothetically offer and point out that it's weak?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Montosh »

In post 1372, Umlaut wrote:Then are you interested in engaging the other reasons, or are you just going to choose the weakest one anyone might hypothetically offer and point out that it's weak?
Pardon? I've seen those of you who have been against the Menalque wagon and haven't been convinced by it. I was pointing to this as another +scum for Menalque. Should I not point out things I believe to be scummy?
Montosh
Montosh
Goon
Montosh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Montosh »

I mean, to clarify, I tend to be more a scumhunt than townhunt type of player in general, but especially in this setup. And that whole exchange screamed +scum to me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”