innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:49 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 349, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 348, Ythan wrote:Have you considered the possibility that Korina just did a bad job. I don't think anyone is suggesting it's intentional scum wifom.
I thought Korina’s Entrance was very Townie.
i agree. Ythan what do you mean by bad job? I think Korina was very earnest and acted like a town role, clearly excited to play his setup to figure out who the scum were, expressing lots of frustration when people were wagoning him. I don't think you would replace out of your role in your setup which clearly he was excited to play as either alignment unless you were town.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:49 am

In post 348, Ythan wrote:Have you considered the possibility that Korina just did a bad job. I don't think anyone is suggesting it's intentional scum wifom.
i agree. Ythan what do you mean by bad job? I think Korina was very earnest and acted like a town role, clearly excited to play his setup to figure out who the scum were, expressing lots of frustration when people were wagoning him. I don't think you would replace out of your role in your setup which clearly he was excited to play as either alignment unless you were town.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:53 am

town really needs to increase the activity, we are not going to win in this apathetic environment. I say we start with Black Mage and move on from there
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:54 am

^^ and sorry for the double post.
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Logicalicaltist »

In post 352, innocentvillager wrote:town really needs to increase the activity, we are not going to win in this apathetic environment. I say we start with Black Mage and move on from there
Agreed.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Ythan »

I've been reading your posts all day so I'm skeptical of your reads.
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:10 pm

In post 355, Ythan wrote:
What does reading my posts have anything to do with my reads?
You don’t have to Agree or Disagree with my reads but I have a right to make them.
So being “Skeptical” of them is irrelevant.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 356, Logicalicaltist wrote:
In post 355, Ythan wrote:
What does reading my posts have anything to do with my reads?
You don’t have to Agree or Disagree with my reads but I have a right to make them.
So being “Skeptical” of them is irrelevant.
When it's a reply to my post what's irrelevant is whether or not you want me to comment on it.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 337, Jesus Christ wrote:So anyone who is willing to be hanged, is not the cult leader.
So Korina is town then yes?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:01 pm

In post 311, spicer1209 wrote:Korina is significant to me mostly because of the way he is acting (ie "fucking lynch me", trying to call the shots and speaking TO the town, all kinds of set up speculation) all seems consistent to me as the actions of someone who is overly excited and has a raging role boner. He gave off the vibe of "if you believe me or follow my lead then you don't deserve to have me in the game" which is something I can relate to because when I was younger I used to do that same shit when I had a power role. I personally don't see scum coming out of the gate with this level of a gambit. Of course you can get into the circular logic of "thats what they want you to think." however in my experience that is hardly ever pulled off, especially with someone who spams the board like he washed down a bag of meth with a Rockstar. For now I'm inclined to believe him

Logic I think is just a cringe machine more so than scum. He comes off to me as someone who is just awkward and awkwardness usually stems from uncertainty. He is always talking in circles it feels like but my gut tells me this is the act of a bad player more than a scummy player.

Battlemage is doing all the things I would do if I were scum. Pile on the easy target who is going to annoy the town into getting themself lynched? Check. Immediately counter commenting on role claiming once the conversation has been started by someone else? Check. Quick and subtle early game spat to distance myself from my other scum buddy in Username? Checkity check. I also rally don't like how his activity fell off of a cliff once he got his second and third votes on him.
i agree with this assessment
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

Well no matter what we need more meaningful activity. All the replacements kind of sent things off the rails when we were actually getting some good discussion. I’m thinking we need to make a move soon or else the amount of cares is going to fall through the floor. The longer we drag this out with minimal activity the more likely the game is going to stagnate and Scum wins.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:07 pm

I think we need more votes on Battle Mage and then we can just figure out associations afterwards
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:08 pm

I would look to username then Jesus next, username makes sense as a partner.
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:12 pm

In post 362, innocentvillager wrote:I would look to username then Jesus next, username makes sense as a partner.
So does Ythan.
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:13 pm

As long as we focus attention to just those 4.
We win this game unless I’ve concluded wrong.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

Battle Mage and iamausername get prods.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by iamausername »

i don’t think Battle Mage is Cult Leader, his attempt to make all discussion in the thread about Korina makes more sense as the other cultist trying to keep attention off his leader, who is probably laying low. Jesus fits the bill best imo, but could also easily be Doctor Drew, which is a slot we really need more content from, so hopefully a replacement happens soon.

obviously, hitting the leader is optimal, but i’m happy enough with a cultist yeet that i will happily vote for BM once the Drew slot actually exists in this game
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 am

if you don't think BM is CL (which I definitely disagree with) then this is pretty bad. You should know the whole point of this setup is to find CL because it's usually just autowin, hitting a Cultist doesn't really do much for us because we're just turning 2v7 into 2v6. It looks like you're keeping your options open on Jesus and BM and this doesn't really feel like a townie mindset to compromise on an elim that's not likely to be CL

I'd vote you but I still think BM is more likely to be CL than you and we'll get more push association info on his ME.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:29 am

Post by iamausername »

yes, i understand the setup. i’m just not arrogant enough to assume that my reads are 100% correct, or that i will definitely be able to persuade the town to pursue them even if they are. i am voting for the person i think is most likely cult leader right now, but town consensus seems to be BM as the yeet of the day, and given that i think he is the most likely player in the game to flip cult of some kind, i’m very much ok with this.

it’s a team game. sometimes you have to make compromises. and since flipping cultist today gives better odds of hitting cult leader tomorrow than flipping a town player would, this is a perfectly fine compromise.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:08 pm

In post 368, iamausername wrote:yes, i understand the setup. i’m just not arrogant enough to assume that my reads are 100% correct, or that i will definitely be able to persuade the town to pursue them even if they are. i am voting for the person i think is most likely cult leader right now, but town consensus seems to be BM as the yeet of the day, and given that i think he is the most likely player in the game to flip cult of some kind, i’m very much ok with this.

it’s a team game. sometimes you have to make compromises. and since flipping cultist today gives better odds of hitting cult leader tomorrow than flipping a town player would, this is a perfectly fine compromise.
So whom you thinking is CL?
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

I am with username when it comes to getting more meaningful content out of the Doctor Drew slot. Doctor Drew came off as if he didnt give a shit about this game straight from the beginning. Which makes it feel to me as if he might as well have had said nothing at all.

I really like innocent villagers post about how lynching someone who isnt cult leader doesnt really do us any good. That post felt very town to me because I dont think that a scum would point that out, because I totally didnt even think of that. The scum would just encourage the town to rush lynch anyone but the cult leader.

So if the general premise of this game is for the cultists to keep the suspicion off the cult leader by dictating the conversation then the only one that sticks out to me is Username when he came in and voted Battle Mage in middle of the Korina conversation. He also did it again when he voted for Jesus Christ out nowhere in post when the battle mage wagon was beginning, Maybe Username came in and didnt really go through Korina's spam and threw out a premeditated immediate distance post from him to battle mage? Then once the wagon starts to get hot on BM he tried to shift the conversation towards Jesus so spare his cult leader some heat?

I think that Username is cult but I think BM is the one who is the cult leader
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 370, spicer1209 wrote:I really like innocent villagers post about how lynching someone who isnt cult leader doesnt really do us any good. That post felt very town to me because I dont think that a scum would point that out, because I totally didnt even think of that. The scum would just encourage the town to rush lynch anyone but the cult leader.
I know you're a replacement but we already spent a lot of time discussing this before you got here.
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

Currently searching for a replacement for Battle Mage.
spicer1209
spicer1209
Goon
spicer1209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by spicer1209 »

In post 371, Ythan wrote:
In post 370, spicer1209 wrote:I really like innocent villagers post about how lynching someone who isnt cult leader doesnt really do us any good. That post felt very town to me because I dont think that a scum would point that out, because I totally didnt even think of that. The scum would just encourage the town to rush lynch anyone but the cult leader.
I know you're a replacement but we already spent a lot of time discussing this before you got here.
Sorry I couldn’t get that from all the spam between you and Korina.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Ythan »

No need to be defensive it's an honest tip.

Return to “Completed Open Games”