Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Blair »

Dunnstral put you at L-1, then a mere six minutes later, thought
"ehh, maybe not..."
then voted for Puppy instead, and made it look like an innocent opportunity to make a joke with Puppy username in the process. It felt a little too self conscious to me to be genuine.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Blair »

In post 84, Battle Mage wrote:erm presumably he's on about the vote by InnocentVillager after the L-1 vote, which immediately preceded your post, and to the untrained eye may have appeared to be a hammer.
Nope:
In post 73, midwaybear wrote:How genuine do you think Blair's reaction to Dunnstral supposedly quickhammering me was?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:38 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 100, Blair wrote:Dunnstral put you at L-1, then a mere six minutes later, thought
"ehh, maybe not..."
then voted for Puppy instead, and made it look like an innocent opportunity to make a joke with Puppy username in the process. It felt a little too self conscious to me to be genuine.
Ok thanks. This is a fair point.
I was thinking your strong reaction was based on him quickhammering/almost quickhammering me because he does that a lot as scum.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 102, midwaybear wrote:I was thinking your strong reaction was based on him quickhammering/almost quickhammering me because he does that a lot as scum.
You acknowledging this makes your earlier arguing look weird
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Midway - your formatting screwed me up, but I've marked your answers in red below.

A. It's not very important but not a lot of people were talking so I decided to ask it. blair's reaction was not normal though.
It didn't ping me at the time. As a courtesy to you, I went back and re-read. Having done so, I still don't think there's anything scummy about her reaction.

B. Your answer was wrong too because I wasn't really thinking about IV so it was more of my mistake.
So I over-estimated you? I'm inclined to believe this.

C. Your answer was wrong so my answer would be the one lost.
Why would your answer be lost? You chose not to give your own answer at the first opportunity, and have only done so now because of my probing. So I'm not inclined to believe you cared that much about your answer being lost, and it clearly wouldn't have been. In any case, by your own admission, this wasn't an important topic anyway, so is your answer being lost a particularly bad thing? And given you have voted me as a result of my intervention which you deemed "scummy", do you now accept that I was right that the fact I answered the question was +EV for sorting? Or would you be more comfortable disagreeing because you don't want to be seen to backtrack?

D. I can see you answering that to try to look helpful as scum. There's not a lot of reason to answer it as town.
I'm surprised you think this, as I don't think it was a particularly helpful answer, given that it turned out to be wrong, was about something utterly pointless, was not even given in a manner which was designed to be particularly helpful. You've made it clear in your answer to C that me answering the question was constructive in enabling you to sort my slot - which is something I'd normally associate as being pro-town (willingness to engage, yadda yadda). Of course, you've taken a wrong turn in response to that, but that's neither here nor there. There are plenty of reasons to answer the question as town, but I can tell from your wording above that you felt it was too much trouble to consider them. It was, from my perspective, a pointless line of questioning, and I wanted to nip it in the bud. To continue to pretend something is AI when it isn't, and wilfully waste time talking about inconsequentials, are more typical scum behaviours. In our previous game together, in which I was also town, I expect there were instances where I answered 'questions' (or more accurately, responded to stuff) not intended for me. Can you explain why that would be scum-indicative here when you know I have done it as town elsewhere? A generous interpretation of your position here would be that you're failing to avail yourself of your experience, and not taking the care to think about motivations for actions in order to determine my alignment. A less generous intepretation would be that you are not appraising me in good faith, and perceive me as an easy target, against whom you can pursue a lazy ill-considered argument.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 96, Blair wrote:
In post 92, midwaybear wrote:so now you view putting someone at L-1 a scumtell?
The "so you're saying" tell for cognitive dissonance.

No, I'm not saying putting someone at L-1 is a scum tell. I would encourage you to review my posts and find evidence to substantiate your claim that this is my position (spoiler: this will be very difficult).
cognitive dissonance eh? Never stop learning
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 102, midwaybear wrote:
In post 100, Blair wrote:Dunnstral put you at L-1, then a mere six minutes later, thought
"ehh, maybe not..."
Ok thanks.
This is a fair point.

I was thinking your strong reaction was based on him quickhammering/almost quickhammering me because he does that a lot as scum.
Why did you not ask, either originally, or subsequently when you realised your mistake, why Blair didn't respond to Innocentvillager's fake hammer? If you thought her reaction to Dunnstral was an over-reaction, did you not also think that her failure to acknowledge innocentvillager was an under-reaction? Surprised you didn't comment on this.

Is your acknowledgement in blue above, paving the way for you to vote Dunnstral?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 89, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 88, Battle Mage wrote:i mean midway's iso does look like crap but
join the wagon battle!

it'll be fun
do you have genuine intent to kill, or just playing?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Mafia Goon »

My questions have been ignored many times at it makes me sad. Just because I'm a goon doesn't mean you need to treat me like mafia...

Battle Mage is towny and probably not my partner :_

midwaybear may also be town but the site is dead right now and I can't open any new pages to ISO him. So, I will declare him shack for now.
Hectic
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 93, Mafia Goon wrote:Nice eyeroll. Really felt the emotion there.

Why should I hop on Launchy, Battle Mage?
who is launchy?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Midway ISO highlights
In post 12, midwaybear wrote:
In post 11, innocentvillager wrote:this is a good wagon
Are you serious? If so, why?
This feels like an unusually serious line to take so early, although some players are just like this. This isn't consistent however...
In post 31, midwaybear wrote:
In post 14, innocentvillager wrote:I'm always serious
I think this is a lie.
In post 16, Dunnstral wrote:Town again
Wdym by town AGAIN? You were scum last time :D
In post 26, Mafia Goon wrote:Wtf, I wasn't actually expecting to roll mafia goon lmao
Maybe Umlaut has a sick sense of humour
Uh I don't see your name in the scum PT...

Anyways, I think Dunnstral is town for not letting the L-1 vote sit on me. Don't have anything solid on anyone else.
Out of nowhere, a bit of banter about being scum. Then an awkward segue "aaaaanyways..."
In post 39, midwaybear wrote:
In post 33, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 31, midwaybear wrote:Anyways, I think Dunnstral is town for not letting the L-1 vote sit on me. Don't have anything solid on anyone else.
this is a solid read for you? id like to know more
Well it's not much, but it's the best idea I have for now. My gut tells me you're town, so I can work with that too.

In response to Mafiagoon...
1. Town
2. Launcher
3. Pretty excited
4. I like town better now because I realized I'm not that good at mafia.
"my gut tells me you're town" on page 2? sounds like an informed minority.

scummy answers to the 4 questions.
In post 42, midwaybear wrote:
In post 40, Mafia Goon wrote:My friends call me Mafi, midway. Don't you dare suggest we're not friends.

You used to enjoy playing as scum more?
ok goon :P Yes, I did.

@Blair maybe... I guess it could come from both town and scum, but I feel like scum has more incentive to leave the vote on.
light foreplay with Mafia Goon. Very jokey, and not taking the bait of being friendly - which I think is slightly scum-indicative, as town are often more liberal with their allegiances.
In post 45, midwaybear wrote:I just realized that sometimes websites ask you for your mother's maiden name for confirmation of passwords and stuff. Mafia Goon is asking for a credit card info...
I advise you to skip over questions 3 and 5.
Inconceivable that anyone would have fallen for this, why even bother saying it? it was clearly a joke.
In post 48, midwaybear wrote:have you ever directly caught a mafia goon by using your Alignment Indicative Solving Questions, or is it more of a way to get people to talk?
Inane question, playing dumb about these questions. In the last game I played with Midway, this same approach was used, and the same conversation ensued about why it was done. Why ask the question if he already knows the answer? Just playing dumb.
In post 65, midwaybear wrote:
In post 55, Ydrasse wrote:i am a bit suspicious of you being a mafia goon.
Is this legit?

The puppy is cool :cool:
Non-serious question misleadingly framed as a serious one.
In post 69, midwaybear wrote:I tried to write something like Blair did, but I can't.
Why do you scumread me?
nuff said.
In post 92, midwaybear wrote:
In post 21, Blair wrote:Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me...

Dunnstral. Did you actually roll scum AGAIN?
so now you view putting someone at L-1 a scumtell?
In post 84, Battle Mage wrote:erm presumably he's on about the vote by InnocentVillager after the L-1 vote, which immediately preceded your post, and to the untrained eye may have appeared to be a hammer.

Not that I agree or care, but just saying.
Meh don't like this from Battle Mage. Answers a question directed at someone else, and he is pretty self-aware of this which is scummy.
In post 85, Ydrasse wrote:i’ll find midways scum partner when i’m home.
First mafia goon and now me? You really need to explain yourself.
In post 88, Battle Mage wrote:i mean midway's iso does look like crap but
:roll:
VOTE: Battle Mage
I've already covered the substance of this in some detail, but the vote for me here is really weak, and is likely driven by a perceived self-conciousness about posting frequently but not voting since an original random vote. Probably about the time scum might consider this at risk of looking conspicuous. Midway needs to make another vote and wants to make it sound serious so he looks like he is progressing the game. More marks for presentation than substance.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Mafia Goon »

Why aren't you using any emojis, Battle Mage? I miss them. You make some good points on the bear - I know he's mislaunched frequently though so I'm gonna look at some meta first.
Hectic
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Mafia Goon »

Launchy is CantLynchAPuppy
Hectic
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 103, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 102, midwaybear wrote:I was thinking your strong reaction was based on him quickhammering/almost quickhammering me because he does that a lot as scum.
You acknowledging this makes your earlier arguing look weird
So what are you going to do about it? For the record, I am not scumreading you right now. I think you should address Blair's point though. What you did could be perceived as scummy self consciousness.
In post 104, Battle Mage wrote:In any case, by your own admission, this wasn't an important topic anyway, so is your answer being lost a particularly bad thing?
I agree that me not answering is not very important, but I was just answering your question.
In post 104, Battle Mage wrote:You've made it clear in your answer to C that me answering the question was constructive in enabling you to sort my slot
But I didn't...
In post 104, Battle Mage wrote:It was, from my perspective, a pointless line of questioning, and I wanted to nip it in the bud. To continue to pretend something is AI when it isn't, and wilfully waste time talking about inconsequentials, are more typical scum behaviours.
This is fair and may be an accurate representation of what I did.
In post 104, Battle Mage wrote:Can you explain why that would be scum-indicative here when you know I have done it as town elsewhere?
I don't remember you doing it in our previous game, but I believe you because it's risky to lie about it.
In post 104, Battle Mage wrote:A less generous intepretation would be that you are not appraising me in good faith, and perceive me as an easy target, against whom you can pursue a lazy ill-considered argument.
I do not think you are an easy target and it follows that I would need better arguments to launch you.
In post 106, Battle Mage wrote:Why did you not ask, either originally, or subsequently when you realised your mistake, why Blair didn't respond to Innocentvillager's fake hammer? If you thought her reaction to Dunnstral was an over-reaction, did you not also think that her failure to acknowledge innocentvillager was an under-reaction? Surprised you didn't comment on this.
I'm not really sure about this. You have a good point here. I think I remembered Dunnstral more because he also thought Blair's reaction was "over the top". Maybe she didn't care because she knew it was fake.
In post 106, Battle Mage wrote:Is your acknowledgement in blue above, paving the way for you to vote Dunnstral?
No.
In post 110, Battle Mage wrote:This feels like an unusually serious line to take so early, although some players are just like this. This isn't consistent however...
Is this scummy or what?
In post 110, Battle Mage wrote:"my gut tells me you're town" on page 2? sounds like an informed minority.

scummy answers to the 4 questions.
Not really, but whatever you say :D
In post 110, Battle Mage wrote:Very jokey, and not taking the bait of being friendly - which I think is slightly scum-indicative, as town are often more liberal with their allegiances.
Wouldn't it be the opposite where scum would be more inclined to buddy up?
In post 110, Battle Mage wrote:Inconceivable that anyone would have fallen for this, why even bother saying it? it was clearly a joke.
I like to take jokes seriously just for fun sometimes.
In post 110, Battle Mage wrote:In the last game I played with Midway, this same approach was used, and the same conversation ensued about why it was done.
Last game I played with you I was town.
In post 110, Battle Mage wrote:Non-serious question misleadingly framed as a serious one.
No, I was serious. I want to know why Ydrasse scumreads mafia goon(and me).
In post 110, Battle Mage wrote:I've already covered the substance of this in some detail, but the vote for me here is really weak, and is likely driven by a perceived self-conciousness about posting frequently but not voting since an original random vote. Probably about the time scum might consider this at risk of looking conspicuous. Midway needs to make another vote and wants to make it sound serious so he looks like he is progressing the game. More marks for presentation than substance.
Regarding needing to make a serious vote, I feel like we were still in the early joking stage of the game. We weren't really transitioning to the more serious part, so I disagree that scum me would be inclined to do so at that time.

Not really sure what to make of Battle Mage yet. Seems quite serious which is different but NAI.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by midwaybear »

@Mafia Goon I'm apparently scummy as town and I believe that I am scummy as scum. I will be interested in how your meta dive works.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

@midway: i guess it wasn't clear and that's on me but i don't actually sr you or mafia goon because i haven't taken this seriously yet.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

it was mafia goon and you because the former's name is literally mafia goon and the latter because in our two games i have ended up sring you and i am not about to stop here !!!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i really don't think blair's reaction shows anything at all and isn't worth dissecting like this
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i agree with the puppy.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

@battle mage: regarding your

1) what makes post awkward? i don't really see how it feels out of place.

2) the way you're viewing post feels at odds with your view on post . isn't midway outing a towny gutread being liberal with his allegiences?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

also i'm admittedly not great at gauging people when it comes to meta/going through old games but midway doesn't feel as aloof/combatative as he did last game when pressure was applied to him. i think that the top of is a bit aggressive but other than that it feels sort of relaxed in comparison?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Mafia Goon »

Happy birthday, Umlaut! You can have the next pagetop, but only because it's a special occasion.
Hectic
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:23 am

Post by innocentvillager »

do we know that there are exactly 3 scum? or is it merely probable

please don't read into this question from an alignment perspective I just want to know thanks
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:24 am

Post by innocentvillager »

^i would ask this as town or scum.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:35 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 115, Ydrasse wrote:@midway: i guess it wasn't clear and that's on me but i don't actually sr you or mafia goon because i haven't taken this seriously yet.
Ok, it just didn't really sound like you were joking to me.

@IV I was thinking there would be 2 scum because 3 seems like a bit too much for a 10p game. I'm not sure though, and it's interesting that there are 10 players instead of 9.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”