*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

the way s_s ignored me asking for some reads just to turn around and vote me...
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Eevee »

~Eve
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

VOTE: Something_Smart

I hypothesize that Something_Smart is in the mafia with Montosh.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Menalque »

Eve, if you decide you’re gonna keep pushing me today, I think you should be able to come up with convincing answers to the two following questions:

(1) if I’m scum, why am I comparatively half-hearted in my push on snow? Look at my comparative other pushes. Why do I push snow hard enough to make me look awful by associatives with mae, but not insist that we do snow and not mae? That’s something entirely within my scumrange and something I would believably do as town if sold enough on a read, so why did I let myself be in the worst possible position out of mae!flip.

(2) and this one is the more important one: if I’m scum who’s successfully turned my slot around to the point where my guillo is looking unlikely today with a couple of key supporters and a general sense that A50/montosh/RCE would be better guillotines than me for today — why do I then throw that all away by pushing the idea of 1-2 scum on the mae wagon instead of just doubling down on getting the town on the snow!wagon guillo’d before escaping?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Menalque »

I also think the answer to (2) will help you to become a better player (not that I think I’m better than you) by forcing you to clarify an incorrect thought process that you will have had to have made a leap or an error in that you will hopefully be able to identify afterwards
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1476, Ydrasse wrote:the way s_s ignored me asking for some reads just to turn around and vote me...
I missed it. My bad.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:35 pm

My readlist is:
RCE
Menalque
Everyone else
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Eevee »

1) you asked others and appealed to specific people to vote for snow many times though - do you mean pushing her harder with stronger logic?

2) i think a lot of the thread were arriving at the 1 on/1 off conclusion so it doesn't throw your cred away
that said it is strange for you to push the idea of 2 scum bussing now when Ydrasse flipping town would immediately discount it anyway so it's not actually scummy for the reasons i thought - i think it's still weird that you could think that's a significant possibility though

S_S could you explain the Menalque townread?

~Eve
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:44 pm

Menalque is angling for a loss if he's scum here by putting all his eggs in one basket when he has to survive two more days.

Obviously he'll argue against dying tomorrow if Ydrasse flips town, but I expect that plea to fall on deaf ears because they usually do.

If he's scum he doesn't have a plan to win, unless his plan is to specifically pocket people who think like me by playing 4d chess.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Menalque »

(1) i mean yelling at every slot that was undecided and telling them they’d better vote snow or I’d be coming for them tomorrow/targeting the weaker mae voters getting them to out their reasons for their votes and then arguing them into the dirt one by one, plus also probably building a fake megacase on why I was 100% on why snow was fucking scum who needed to die. None of which I did, all of which I’m capable of doing

(2) I just... don’t really think that’s true? There were a couple of people going that way. It’s still objectively safer and looks much optically better for me to keep pushing eliminating on snow!wagok if I’m scum so long as I’m pretty sure it’s not me, unless you think it’s like me/montosh or me/RCE both of which are honestly kind of lol as an idea. I don’t think it’s odd to think that’s a real possibility and I laid out exactly why I think scum have a strong incentive to bus here. 1-on, 1-off is maybe the most likely though, but I think both bussing is significantly more likely than both in snow at this point
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1484, Something_Smart wrote:If he's scum he doesn't have a plan to win, unless his plan is to specifically pocket people who think like me by playing 4d chess.
I’d like to mention that this would also be playing against pretty much all my existing scum meta and almost every thought I’ve ever expressed in a scum pt todate
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Eevee »

how do you think you have a tell on Ydrasse when she has no scumgames?

~Eve
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1487, Eevee wrote:how do you think you have a tell on Ydrasse when she has no scumgames?

~Eve
Dude she has a scumgame
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Menalque »

Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Eevee »

In post 1484, Something_Smart wrote:Menalque is angling for a loss if he's scum here by putting all his eggs in one basket when he has to survive two more days.

Obviously he'll argue against dying tomorrow if Ydrasse flips town, but I expect that plea to fall on deaf ears because they usually do.

If he's scum he doesn't have a plan to win, unless his plan is to specifically pocket people who think like me by playing 4d chess.
i like that reasoning

what about your RCE read? anything on top of the reasons from yesterday?

~Eve
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Eevee »

In post 1488, Menalque wrote:
In post 1487, Eevee wrote:how do you think you have a tell on Ydrasse when she has no scumgames?

~Eve
Dude she has a scumgame
oH

this'll be useful

UNVOTE: Menalque

~Eve
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

Okay, I think I’m now townreading Menalque.

Yes, I do need to commit to something at some point - I’ll read through Ydrasse and S_S to see which I prefer. Soon. I promise.
Eevee
Eevee
Goon
Eevee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:50 pm

Post by Eevee »

I think Ydrasse is pretty competent as scum and nothing she's said here is out of the realm of what she can do.

That said, there are a few posts I dislike independently, for example which I feel is her going to a predetermined conclusion. Her A50 push has also taken most of the day, which gives her scum equity with a lot of people. Her recent stances/vote hopping is concerning.

I'm probably leaning there today and will try to make Eve sheep me by bribing her with PokePuffs.

~Eva
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:13 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1468, Menalque wrote:Yo, S_S, raya, umlaut, snow
Pick a goddamn wagon let’s get this show on the road
I'm trying to
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:13 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1468, Menalque wrote:Yo, S_S, raya, umlaut, snow
Pick a goddamn wagon let’s get this show on the road
I don't like menalque wagon or ydrasse wagon. But I prefer menalque between the two I guess
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:15 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1478, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:VOTE: Something_Smart

Can we get a wagon here? That would be a wagon I'd actually be happy with. Already two votes. 2 days left to make it happen
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:20 am

In post 1490, Eevee wrote:what about your RCE read? anything on top of the reasons from yesterday?
Mostly yesterday stuff but is pretty good as well
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:21 am

In post 1496, Raya36 wrote:

Can we get a wagon here? That would be a wagon I'd actually be happy with. Already two votes. 2 days left to make it happen
Why? Just because you're "starting to like the idea of 1 scum on each wagon"?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:50 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1498, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1496, Raya36 wrote:

Why? Just because you're "starting to like the idea of 1 scum on each wagon"?
From the start I thought if there was someone on each wagon it would be you.
In post 1065, Raya36 wrote: Something_Smart was also on the Mae wagon. I don't like him that much mainly because there's basically just empty questions and NAI statements up until his posts in the 600s. His vote onto the snowblaze wagon honestly felt like just not caring or being invested in the game and voting whoever he was asked to. That was actually the first time he had placed a vote. He unvotes Snow and then states that he's not against Mohab dying but doesn't want to kill an empty slot. So it's non-committal. Overall I do think S_S is more likely uncaring town than scum although if there is scum on the Mohab wagon it would be him.
I sorted you as uncaring town rather than scum but I'm starting to think otherwise. That read was influenced by me believing that both scum were on the snow wagon. Now I'm not as attached to that idea so I believe that there's a good chance of you being scum.

Return to “Completed Open Games”