Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:27 pm

Post by Vecna »

Im offering high quality white knighting services.

TL, Thun - how about you join my townbloc instead so we can steer this game around? Ill need my flock to grow for this to go anywhere.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2649, chkflip wrote:Come again?
lets roast some frogs to see how its legs taste
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by chkflip »

You were scum reading user?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:33 pm

Post by Vecna »

So, chk, you dont feel its odd that wagons are refusing to form on EJ (who keeps promising content, asking us to pressure the slot), the Titus slot that validated its vote with vote count analysis with n=1 and some others, but they keep circulating around unapologetic lynchbait instead?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:37 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2652, chkflip wrote:You were scum reading user?
I was townreading it by play, but have started gutscumreading it by feel, gamestate, and the slot being too clean and well behaved overall more recently.

Then that preachy post came when I dared questioned him, where he talked to me in such a way that he was 100% convinced I am town. Those types of posts where there is zero doubt about alignment are usually a semi-scum slip in my experience.

The slot just feels to me like mistakes couldve been made and it mightve skillfully maneuvered itself into our good graces.

Reasons to grill and apply a ton of pressure to this replacement imo.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 2296, username wrote:
In post 2278, Vecna wrote:
In post 2245, username wrote:
In post 2241, Vecna wrote:Hope shit will get better for you Kuribo. sincerely
i appreciate that but you still owe me an answer:
In post 2231, Vecna wrote:This is probably one of the top5 scummy posts in the thread.

how the fuck is it scummy, nay, one of the scummiest posts in the fucking thread, to say: "Have him investigate me, lynch me if he says i'm guilty, and then when I flip town, rope his ass right behind me"

do you find that scum frequently offer themselves for investigation and for lynch or are you just calling everything scummy?

do you think that i'm even trying to survive in this game?
My first impression to that post was sternly this: Why would town even be thinking about the possibility of getting fake guiltied? The chance of a guilty being called out is something scum is much more likely to have on their mind. Pre-empting it with a sound good "ill take a lynch if it happens, but you better lynch the 3p after" just doesnt add anything of value, and duh.

Then you're obviously not paying the slightest bit of attention to the game if you think that my survival or even participation in the game is in any way a priority.

I'm not even "worried" about a fake guilty and if you were the eensiest bit genuine you'd understand that I was offering myself up to the town as a chance to sort that third party bullshit once and for all: he either clears me with his investigation or he lies and gets me lynched, at which point I will flip town and his lynch should immediately follow.

And on a more personal note, this is the second game I've played with you and I'm going to tell you what your biggest roadblock is in mafia: you assume every player to play the exact same way you would. You don't take personalities into account: you make assumptions on their intent and then you use it to snipe at actions that you think are scummy. Like, you assume I'm trying to survive in a game (as you said "duh") despite the fact that I hadn't even decided if I'm going to remain in the game to begin with. Surviving a game I won't be around to finish does absolutely nothing for me in any capacity. You assume that because in your mind, every player has the same personality. Mark my words Vecna, overcome this obstacle and you could become a top tier player.

Oh and while I'm critiquing players, Dr Drew, "I'm always scummy" is not a valid defense nor is it something to aspire to. If you're town here, or in any game, really, stop and realize you are harming your own win conditions by accepting that you look scummy as town. You will continue to be mislynched, you will continue to harm your towns, and you will continue to be seen as dead weight.

DGB, I love you most dearly of all. I do believe in my heart of hearts that you are town. But please, murder scum in my honor. The third party is shady as hell, but playing games with DGB is supposed to be a magical experience. (I didn't even realize you were in this game when I signed up so it was a pleasant surprise) Playing a game with DGB and Kuribo both in it is supposed to be extra magical, and I apologize that I couldn't hold up my end of the bargain.

My previous assessment of scum groups (find it in my iso) is pretty much where I left off. I don't like pisskop for town. That said, I've caught pisskop as scum before and this feels different, though I admit my head isn't in the game, so take my reads with a grain of salt. These groupings are based on surface level analysis of associative pairings. I haven't done the legwork since then, and what I have done isn't complete. These are usually pretty accurate (associative tells are, aside from judging emotion, the key parts of my playstyle, and they help me catch scum by dayplay. A lot of dead scum have fallen to my feet because of associative tells) but like I said I never caught up and I never got around to finishing.

If chkflip is scum, he's the deep wolf who will lead the town into oblivion. I'm townreading him at the moment though.

Elsa is shady; any claimed Vig that doesn't shoot into the lurk mass needs to be questioned extensively.

Speaking of the lurkmass, the lurkmass rule holds true in 95% of games: take the bottom 1/3 of posters by activity and there's almost always at least one scum in there. I'm not saying go lynch a lurk, but if you flip a scum then take that lurkmass and compare associatives with the dead scum. You're looking for people who are interacting for the sake of interacting, or people who forget to interact because they already have a PT.

And that's it from me for now, I'm working this weekend, I haven't read shit, I might if I decide what I'm doing with my life. You know what it's like trying to read this game right now? It's like reading ancient holy texts in a language I don't understand that's almost english. It's like I recognize these words but their meaning is nothing to me. I don't feel a sense of elation like I do when a game is really something I'm in to, nor do I feel that dread that one feels for a game he is actively hating. I feel nothing for this game, just an empty hollow void that should be filled with the blood of scum. And it's not fair to be taking a slot that someone could be enjoying themselves in. Like I'm giving it at least to the weekend to see if that fire comes back, but right now it's just a wasteland of motivation.

Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your encouragement and concern during the past week. I'm too much of an erratic, moody poster these last few days! I don't have the passion for the game right now, and so remember, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Peace, love, empathy.
This post. Questioning the genuineness of my read, but then proceeding with the lesson that 100% implies me being town, hampered by my own disability holding me back.

It does have that nice touch of appeasing to the prospect of being near top-tier, while at the same time trying to abolish my argument.

He focuses on the aspect of survival, while that was not what the argument was about.

It might be nothing, just Kuribo mouthing off because he doesnt like to be questioned and he thinks my argument was stupid, or it mightve been one crack in a well-kept armor.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:00 am

Post by Vecna »

Anyways, its probably nothing. The iso reads as good as ever. Shame there were no comments about the replacements.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 am

Post by Vecna »

Time to trap Bingle.

Hey Bingle, how many scum are we likely dealing with in this setup?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Vecna »

french toast for breakfast. O-yeah
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:15 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Logical

I have my eye on the top two wagons, but I am still experimenting.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:02 am

Post by chkflip »

Vecna, I think you may be on to something.

The self-vote sat really weird with me too. To offer oneself up once seems like it'd be confident town. But the out-of-left-field vote on himself? Fool me twice?

I'm not completely willing to drop TL, and I think it's incredibly fucking stupid of us to not be lynching the obvious lie in Thun -- after pisskop lurked out of the wagon no less -- but if you get traction on Frogger I'll join you.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:04 am

Post by chkflip »

What do you think of Titus? This feels a lot like the last game we all played together, but I think you died super early in that one and might not remember as much of it as I do.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:08 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 2657, Vecna wrote:Time to trap Bingle.

What does this accomplish?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 2660, chkflip wrote:The self-vote sat really weird with me too. To offer oneself up once seems like it'd be confident town. But the out-of-left-field vote on himself? Fool me twice?
Given that he actually replaced out and his life in stressful as hell right now I think his self-vote was emotional more than anything. It doesn’t make much sense to self-vote but he probably wasn’t in a good state of mind to make sense. When someone told him not to do it he seemed to gain some mental clarity. It’s not scummy.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:49 am

Post by chkflip »

He dipped out because he thought I was talking to him when I said "I wish you'd fucking play the game you signed up for" when I was actually talking to Pooky. I will neither consider that a moment of clarity, nor will I dismiss anything the slot said due to them not having the best home situation while the game went on. There were plenty of reasons for me to town read them throughout the game. I'm not going to dismiss shit because of an out-of-game situation that had no bearing on any of the slots other play.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:49 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 2650, Vecna wrote:Im offering high quality white knighting services.

TL, Thun - how about you join my townbloc instead so we can steer this game around? Ill need my flock to grow for this to go anywhere.
umm... my read is null at best so idk tbh
time will end
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2661, chkflip wrote:What do you think of Titus? This feels a lot like the last game we all played together, but I think you died super early in that one and might not remember as much of it as I do.
Just how do I feel the same? I would expect some similarities given we're the same person but some differences because I am not having NAI shit going on.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:08 am

Post by chkflip »

I don't think I can answer that without literally helping you on your scum game, which I think this might be. Some of which floats over from the previous slot holder. Sorry?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2667, chkflip wrote:I don't think I can answer that without literally helping you on your scum game, which I think this might be. Some of which floats over from the previous slot holder. Sorry?
Well, it's wrong tbh. Just don't expect me to actually highlight where your logic is wrong if you can't outline the premises.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:39 am

Post by chkflip »

Who needs umbrellas?

I can't =/= I'm not going to at this time.

I only have one vote, sunshine. We'll dance later.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 2657, Vecna wrote:Time to trap Bingle.

Given mod spec and my belief that some of the PR claims are bogus? 3. Could be 4 with a stacked as fuck town, but iirc Flavor tends to lean to smaller scumteams and has a large amount of influence on TB.

Why?
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Logicalicaltist »

In post 2650, Vecna wrote:Im offering high quality white knighting services.

I’m interested.
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:38 pm

But then again there’s a good chance your scum.
So one of them could be your partner.
But I could temporarily join your little service.
Logicalicaltist
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Logicalicaltist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:39 pm

In post 2659, Titus wrote:VOTE: Logical

I have my eye on the top two wagons, but I am still experimenting.
Give me your reads. In order.
Thun
Thun
Townie
Thun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Thun »

You weren't invited, why are you trying to barge in?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”