Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Your reasonings for scumreading me are very weak in regards to the strength of your read Jackel. Which leads me to believe you are either performing OMGUS as town or are scum.
Btw you say you agree with everything Joey has said, so you agree with their scumread on you? You disagree with their townread on me? Can you elaborate more on these points?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:13 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 422, Jackel98 wrote:@Something_Smart: Is your vote still where you want it? What are your current reads and opinions?
It's still a protest vote so sure?

I'll have to get back to you on reads
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Jackel98
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/she

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Jackel98 »

In post 425, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Your reasonings for scumreading me are very weak in regards to the strength of your read Jackel. Which leads me to believe you are either performing OMGUS as town or are scum.
Btw you say you agree with everything Joey has said, so you agree with their scumread on you? You disagree with their townread on me? Can you elaborate more on these points?
I think you've misinterpreted me. I didn't mean that I was agreeing with Joey_, but that you were. I hardly agree with Joey_ on anything.

On the strength of my read on you, do you think that your reasoning is stronger, then? I think that's pretty hard to compare, generally, but what specifically do you have against my read on you (besides that it's on you)?
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

Spoiler:
In post 409, NDMath wrote:
In post 358, BananaCucho wrote: 2nd part: I appreciate your answer to this question. I also found Bee to be townie, but now they appear to be somewhat... apathetic? Towards the game. Would you agree with that, and would the apathy drive them more into the town column or the scum column for you?
I don't think they're being apathetic, or at least not anymore than they were at the start of the game if you ignore the post restriction stuff. Haven't seen scum!bee so I'd have to glance through a scum game or two of his to answer that.

In post 374, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 346, NDMath wrote:I agree with the third section and at the time I scumread norwee and redtea.
Who do you currently scumread then?

- Dumber
redtea. Probably Jackel but would like more from her before I'm sure. Sorta S_S but I trust others reads of him much more than my own.

I dislike this post: the first response doesn't really convey anything beyond a disagreement, and it's quite clear bee's slot was posting less enthusiastically compared to the initial pages where they gambited. Both this one and the second response feel forced/made up. NDMath has not really left any impression at all on either of us apart from this and that's concerning.
I don't understand their reads, and that's mostly what they talk about.
Then why aren't you questioning us about them? Does "mostly talking about reads" concern you?
It's quite odd that this contributes to a strong -1.5, the top two scumreads in the game and yet there's no attempt to engagement.

Something_Smart, do you have any opinions on my slot in particular?

-Dumbass
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:00 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 428, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 358, BananaCucho wrote: 2nd part: I appreciate your answer to this question. I also found Bee to be townie, but now they appear to be somewhat... apathetic? Towards the game. Would you agree with that, and would the apathy drive them more into the town column or the scum column for you?
I don't think they're being apathetic, or at least not anymore than they were at the start of the game if you ignore the post restriction stuff. Haven't seen scum!bee so I'd have to glance through a scum game or two of his to answer that.

In post 346, NDMath wrote:I agree with the third section and at the time I scumread norwee and redtea.

- Dumber
redtea. Probably Jackel but would like more from her before I'm sure. Sorta S_S but I trust others reads of him much more than my own.

I dislike this post: the first response doesn't really convey anything beyond a disagreement, and it's quite clear bee's slot was posting less enthusiastically compared to the initial pages where they gambited. Both this one and the second response feel forced/made up. NDMath has not really left any impression at all on either of us apart from this and that's concerning.
I don't understand their reads, and that's mostly what they talk about.
Then why aren't you questioning us about them? Does "mostly talking about reads" concern you?
It's quite odd that this contributes to a strong -1.5, the top two scumreads in the game and yet there's no attempt to engagement.

Something_Smart, do you have any opinions on my slot in particular?

-Dumbass
Thanks Double D. This post has really elevated my view of you. The post by NDMath was disappointing to me as well, we aren't really offered any fresh perspectives and are just given 2 scum reads off of the 2 leading trains and without reasoning
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:05 am

In post 402, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 401, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I also don't townread SS, btw

- Dumber
Null read? Or scum read?

I like them so I'm curious as to your reasoning
Nullscum maybe?
I'm not sure exactly where to put them, but I just wanted to make it known since I'm seeing a lot of people saying they're townreading him.
I'm also not sure exactly how to quantify this read beyond 'feels a lot more passive than I would expect from him as town'
(But I also feel a little awkward using this as reasoning as I'm a secret hydra and he doesn't know who he's talking to, etc, but that really is what it boils down to. IDK. Feels a bit strange to push on that reasoning tho)

Also I agree with my other head's read on NDMath - he feels like he's talking around the game without really interfacing with it
- Dumber
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:27 am

Post by Porkens »

That’s exactly what a serial killer would say.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:32 am

Post by Joey_ »

And that guys, is why I tends to purposefully play null/bait scumreads on myself. The moment I start posting, there’s hardly anyone interacting with me/my content anymore
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:35 am

What do you wanna talk about?

- Dumber
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:38 am

Post by Joey_ »

I have been townread by littlerally all my S pool, including two who disagree with a read I said I was 100% on (NEE’s). I am aware a confidence in my alignement doesn’t translate in a confidence in the accuracy of my reads, but neither of them (and no one for that matter) engaged with my posts calling NEE claimed town

Alligator, considering your townread me, have you been trying to understand my NEE? You do realize I don’t suck as a player and hardly ever been wrong, ever, when calling someone 100% town? That is regardless if it was 5 pages or 200 pages in
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Joey_ »

I want to talk about the shifts in scumreads when I posted my list; everyone’s attention went to red/alligator which is great, it’s just not normal/expected, you know? The game doesn’t work like that if town are correct on their reads. I need someone to exchange their own reads with me so I can bounce some ideas

Do you feel the gamestate I am talking about? There’s a distinct lack of resistance
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:44 am

Yeah I was just speaking with my other head about how jackel's reads don't exactly match up with her actions
Townreading you while saying nor is her biggest scumread while he's your biggest townread just feels a bit off

(But then I did follow up with that I would imagine that some scum would be hyper-aware of that incongruity and would try to sidestep it/buddy the declared townread by making sure to engage with their declared townread about how they differ on that. But I'm not sure if
all
scum would approach it that way, or only more skilled/experienced scum. I feel like skilled scum would try to do the buddying, while unskilled scum might not realize they need to. Not sure how much that made sense or how well I got that across)

I don't remember who the other person is tho

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:46 am

In post 435, Joey_ wrote:I want to talk about the shifts in scumreads when I posted my list; everyone’s attention went to red/alligator which is great, it’s just not normal/expected, you know? The game doesn’t work like that if town are correct on their reads. I need someone to exchange their own reads with me so I can bounce some ideas

Do you feel the gamestate I am talking about? There’s a distinct lack of resistance
Yeah I feel that.
But the game overall feels unusually passive so I think that's kinda messing with things too.

And if scum is like {jackel, redtea, someone else} I'm not sure how much resistance we'd be getting anyways?
That being said, I am feeling like people are trying to shift to redtea over jackel, and while I don't think redtea's posting is great, I'm not sure that I read it as scummy, whereas I find jackel actively scummy.

- Dumber
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Joey_ »

I mean, if alligator/red were town (as if we consider theyre scum in this game) I am assuming they would be better posters

You said you’re a secret hydra, do you have aby relevant meta? Have we ever played together?

Also, I will try to reread (yes already) and try to find more mefias and i suggest you do the same
2 unviversal trs and 2 somewhat universal srs is bad
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:06 am

Post by catboi »

In post 430, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Nullscum maybe?
I'm not sure exactly where to put them, but I just wanted to make it known since I'm seeing a lot of people saying they're townreading him.
I'm also not sure exactly how to quantify this read beyond 'feels a lot more passive than I would expect from him as town'
(But I also feel a little awkward using this as reasoning as I'm a secret hydra and he doesn't know who he's talking to, etc, but that really is what it boils down to. IDK. Feels a bit strange to push on that reasoning tho)
~(=^‥^)_旦~ I still like my gut townread on him but he's in the category of "need to see more" along with androbee.
In post 434, Joey_ wrote:I have been townread by littlerally all my S pool, including two who disagree with a read I said I was 100% on (NEE’s). I am aware a confidence in my alignement doesn’t translate in a confidence in the accuracy of my reads, but neither of them (and no one for that matter) engaged with my posts calling NEE claimed town
(Ф∀Ф) What's your thinking on this behavior by them? Feels likely it could be coming from scum who are afraid to push back - sometimes scum players can't help but see the towniness in the person accusing them and can't help but feel they'll lose if they make it a fight.
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:10 am

In post 438, Joey_ wrote:I mean, if alligator/red were town (as if we consider theyre scum in this game) I am assuming they would be better posters

You said you’re a secret hydra, do you have aby relevant meta? Have we ever played together?

Also, I will try to reread (yes already) and try to find more mefias and i suggest you do the same
I don't think I've played with you before.
If I have it was like once, and it must have been several years ago cuz I don't remember it.

I in general don't have loads of meta with this pl, but I have played with a few people.

My spicy take for a scumread is Starbuck.

- Dumber
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:17 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 435, Joey_ wrote:I want to talk about the shifts in scumreads when I posted my list; everyone’s attention went to red/alligator which is great, it’s just not normal/expected, you know? The game doesn’t work like that if town are correct on their reads. I need someone to exchange their own reads with me so I can bounce some ideas

Yes yes yes yes it's making me very paranoid how easily these 2 trains have formed and how there isn't very much pushback at all. Given the low amount of posts by both, either or both could be an easy mislynch that scum is just letting happen
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:23 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 440, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 438, Joey_ wrote:I mean, if alligator/red were town (as if we consider theyre scum in this game) I am assuming they would be better posters

I don't think I've played with you before.
If I have it was like once, and it must have been several years ago cuz I don't remember it.

I in general don't have loads of meta with this pl, but I have played with a few people.

My spicy take for a scumread is Starbuck.

- Dumber
The thing about Starbuck that I like is that they pointed out the policy-feel type push on Jackel. Jackel had like 4 posts for the majority of the game. I still don't see how anyone got a scum read on those 4 posts, even on the surface level. From a POE level, sure. There's so many people that I see with townie motivations this game that it's easy to peg someone who is nonexistent as the POE'd scum.

The thing I don't like about Starbuck is their alternative is Redtea lol
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:41 am

Post by BananaCucho »

My patience is waxing thin with Bee. There's 2 players there, how do 2 players actively avoid the game this much? Been waiting for literal days for them to respond to things said about them in the thread
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:43 am

Post by redtea »

:roll:
In post 352, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is it backtracking when they literally told me it was a joke?
Or are you assuming town!me would be able to tell that their post was a joke?
In post 347, redtea wrote:To me this looks like you were about to start beef with catboi, and were
assuming we wouldn't find their joke about having solved the game in good town-taste.
But since multiple people went "wait what? It was a joke though?" you began backtracking.
The bolded part extends to catboi flat-out saying it was a joke.
In post 355, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Saying Joey’s posts are a reason to TR Joey, but not saying anything at all about the subject of discussion (Jackel98) is a bit weird.
Is it though?
I have no real thoughts on Jackel mostly because we've had no interactions. Which is both of our faults really.
In post 436, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Yeah I was just speaking with my other head about how jackel's reads don't exactly match up with her actions
Townreading you while saying nor is her biggest scumread while he's your biggest townread just feels a bit off

(But then I did follow up with that I would imagine that some scum would be hyper-aware of that incongruity and would try to sidestep it/buddy the declared townread by making sure to engage with their declared townread about how they differ on that. But I'm not sure if
all
scum would approach it that way, or only more skilled/experienced scum. I feel like skilled scum would try to do the buddying, while unskilled scum might not realize they need to. Not sure how much that made sense or how well I got that across)

I don't remember who the other person is tho

- Dumber
Jackel did explicitly say that her tr was based on play and not Joey's reads. The decent course of action I would expect in such a situation is to converse with Joey about the reads she disagrees with, or to interact with the players on the other ends of those reads. And she
has
interacted with a couple differing reads, one being Norwegian, but. He happens to be, apparently, a strong scumread anyway. The other is their little aside in [153, 161, 165], about Bee. This one was before stating a Joey TR.
Basically what I'm trying to say is, Jackel and Joey have such a polarized difference in their reads on Norwegian that I wouldn't expect Jackel (as scum or town) to give up their read. But Jackel hasn't interacted with any softer maf or any town reads that differ from Joey's, nor interacted with Joey on those.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:50 am

Post by redtea »

uh
no idea why there's a smilie there
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:55 am

Post by redtea »

In post 357, BananaCucho wrote: On the other hand, a pre-flip association on me/you based off of me backing off of you quickly on a question feels kinda... lazy?
I did emphasize that the "team" possibility was not strong.
In post 440, Dumb and Dumber wrote:My spicy take for a scumread is Starbuck.

- Dumber
I didn't have this thought til Starbuck's , but technically deriving any kind of alignment out of that's dependent on a flip or a miracle shift in Norwegian and/or Jackel reads in our little zeitgeist.

The other, not-dependent thought is she does seem to slot herself pretty well into friendly elder neighborhood villager pretty well.

- Dumber
I was putting NDMath off since he doesn't have all that many posts but- I've never liked him.
This is the post we go back to if there's a Jackel flip.

Aside from this post of mine, did someone say something about how an NDMath flip would be informational? Or am I misremembering who that was about.
We've only got three days or so.
*Old account here
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:07 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 446, redtea wrote:
In post 357, BananaCucho wrote: On the other hand, a pre-flip association on me/you based off of me backing off of you quickly on a question feels kinda... lazy?
I did emphasize that the "team" possibility was not strong.
Hold on

So what is your read on me exactly? You've backed off it a bit it seems according to this post, but I've been defending you for having a differing perspective

So I need you to be really clear here.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 438, Joey_ wrote:2 unviversal trs and 2 somewhat universal srs is bad
Many slots in this game haven't really given a strong impression to me either way, it wouldn't surprise me if there were multiple scum in the null slots. But that doesn't stop me from thinking a red flip on Jackel, would help me solidify my TR on multiple players.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I've been warming up to D/D as well from his latest posts talking about slots like NDMath and S_S that i've been focusing less on. So i'm banking on a Joey/Banana/Dumb & Dumber towncore for now.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”