Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by androgybee »

to be fair, porkens has barely been mentioned.

~nahdia
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Bell »

He's V/LA till aug 1 so it would be a blind elim.
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by androgybee »

so i read S_S and i pretty much have the same assessment of him i did in trust fall. i think i got my wires crossed a little in that game wrt how i was explaining my read (tbf, i do post very stream of consciousness of that account so sometimes things get mixed up) but basically in that game and this one, most of his content is reactive to the game happening around him as opposed to proactively sorting and forming reads.

meta sample size of 1 and all that, but i would indeed vote there as well.

~nahdia
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 611, Bell wrote:
In post 609, catboi wrote:V(=^・ω・^=)v I'll vote where we can get traction among jackel/NDMath/Starbuck. Porkens is not a
bad
vote but has more the policy feel of yeeting a useless player. Bell is acting strange but not necessarily inherently scummy and would like to believe as mafia they come up with a better justification for the redtea vote than "nullread". With 2 days left we should be pushing someone for a claim.
Why are you okay with any of those 3?
(#⌒∇⌒#)ゞ I think I've expressed this? Have not found anything they've expressed particularly townish whereas I have for others, there were good points against jackel and NDMath with regard to how they were engaging with the thread, starbuck is more of a PoE thing but the redtea votes are starting to have a hint of opportunism to them. Joey makes a decent point about Porkens though I guess.
In post 621, Bell wrote:hmm. Is there a way to isolate certain words and follow the game that way?

For example can I look up the word 'pork' and compare it to the number of times Jackal and Math have been mentioned?
(。・ω・)ノ゙ There's a "search this topic" bar right underneath the topic title at the top of the page.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by catboi »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: NDMath

nyeh
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by androgybee »

In post 617, Joey_ wrote:Nat, i read math

I think he has bad lines and some good one. It could go both ways because he has so few posts. I don't really think he's that good of an associative flip tho, but that never stopped me roping people before so If you can make me see it, ill vote
did you have a reaction to ? I got massive scumpings off of it. felt like such a transparently bullshit read. easy to see and concrete foundation but entirely surface level and not actually based on anything AI. like, it can just be a Bad Read but the way they gave it makes me feel like it's just scum trying to out a quick read so they can point to content theyve had right from the start.

~Nahdia (for anyone that's confused, some people in this game call me Nat because that's like, my actual name).
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 556, redtea wrote:If Norwegian were to magically flip town at some point, that would force me to re-evaluate absolutely everything about this whole game.
Major scumpings. Given Norwe already feels pretty much town, this hyperbole seems disingenuous.

-Dumbass
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 627, androgybee wrote:basically in that game and this one, most of his content is reactive to the game happening around him as opposed to proactively sorting and forming reads.
Yup. This is how I operate. Ask uhh

Shit there's actually not a lot of players here that are familiar with me. Maybe Porkens?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by androgybee »

link me a recent towngame?
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:27 pm

It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

Smart: everything ok, bud? What's up with the loss of wim? Your tone feels off (not in the scummy sense) to me.

-Your opposite
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:27 pm

I would probably not recommend trusting secondhand meta on all but the most objective of claims.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:29 pm

In post 635, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Smart: everything ok, bud? What's up with the loss of wim? Your tone feels off (not in the scummy sense) to me.

-Your opposite
Idk

Probably my boring-ass summer internship is making my life feel real boring.

It ends next week though so I guess we get to test that theory (after that weekend where I'll be out of town :X)
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by androgybee »

i mean normally i refuse to meta-dive people but in this case i was looking for a very specific behavior.

and yeah, i even see in that game maxwell got on your case about the same thing im talking about here lol. so /shrug

~nahdia
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by androgybee »

mind telling me what you think of NDMath?
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Woah this exploded all of a sudden
Jackel98
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/she

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by Jackel98 »

In post 465, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Btw Jackel, you really need to clarify where Joey went wrong in TRing me if i'm supposed to take your read of town!Joey seriously. Do you think Joey is a bad player than is town but cannot read me as well as you can? What are your thoughts regarding this?
I can think someone is town while also hating their reads and how obtusely and self-assuredly they word everything.
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Woah its Jackel
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 619, Joey_ wrote:VOTE: porkens
This is info from an ongoing game so i can’t say where i got it from. But Porkens is V/LA for 1-2 more days so i’m hesitant to vote him today because of that.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It’s compromising time i suppose.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Only 2 votes on NDMath right now actually. But it’s the one most people can agree on right now.
Can y’all get this wagon up to E-1? We’re running out of time soon.

- Bunno
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 645, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Only 2 votes on NDMath right now actually. But it’s the one most people can agree on right now.
Can y’all get this wagon up to E-1? We’re running out of time soon.

Maybe it'll work this time
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 536, Bell wrote:Talk to me Norwee, Banana. From what I recall a stump is somebody who can't do anything, can they be mafia or only town? You've been acting like it from a tone post, but I saw that you don't like tone reads so instead I'll ask you if you could tell me what you think of RedTea, Beeboy hydra, and dumb and dumber if you don't mind?
From my experience, the only time that I've encountered a stump is in the mafia custom game of starcraft II, and it was a coded role that was forced upon certain punished players (cheating, griefing, hacking, etc). And being punished as such, they were a citizen (town) without a vote. I haven't personally seen it used in a forum game.

Now this themed game is very interesting though. I'm only a stump now. Hopefully, I'll grow into a tree that can toss apples (actually vote lol). If I am never corrupted, I'll be a stump forever I guess

I don't hate tone reads per say. But most of the town reads on me appeared to be based on tone, which is a bit unnerving.

As far as those 3 players go:

Redtea - 50/50. Could be scum, but my hunch is lurky town. I did like that they offered a different perspective on myself, and as a mostly universal town read / town lean, optimal scum strategy while in the hole like they are doesn't seem to be to call out someone like myself, but rather go after someone that could be counter wagoned instead of themselves. That being said, they didn't actually vote me or push the issue, so it could just be for show. But I wouldn't want to see them lynched day 1.

Bee. Bee, I liked Bee when they kicked off the game with their fake claim. I liked Bee when the fake claim got outed. I think I still like them, it seemed like they disappeared for a bit after they were outed as fake. I kinda chalked this up to apathy, but the thing that's been festering for me is that it seems to me that one head was the disappointed one yet they both disappeared during that apathy phase. Double D has expressed this same concern - and they (Bee) never actually addressed it when they returned

Spoiler: Relevant posts
In post 409, NDMath wrote:
In post 358, BananaCucho wrote: 2nd part: I appreciate your answer to this question. I also found Bee to be townie, but now they appear to be somewhat... apathetic? Towards the game. Would you agree with that, and would the apathy drive them more into the town column or the scum column for you?
I don't think they're being apathetic, or at least not anymore than they were at the start of the game if you ignore the post restriction stuff. Haven't seen scum!bee so I'd have to glance through a scum game or two of his to answer that.

In post 374, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 346, NDMath wrote:I agree with the third section and at the time I scumread norwee and redtea.
Who do you currently scumread then?

- Dumber
redtea. Probably Jackel but would like more from her before I'm sure. Sorta S_S but I trust others reads of him much more than my own.
In post 376, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I have lost any semblance of a townread I had on androgybee

- Dumber
In post 381, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 380, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I feel like they're unenthused more than I'd expect them to be, and I dislike their Jackel take.

- Dumber
How do you figure that apathy is more scummy than townie? It's not like they were generally scum read or voted after the fake claim was outted
In post 382, Something_Smart wrote: What Banana said, and also, why would you not expect them to be unenthused after their gambit was shot down?
In post 383, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I mean, I feel like there's been quite a lot of AI material produced as a result of the claim, but they haven't really done much with it. I'm not sure why they made the claim, or what they were trying to get out of it, given that

- Dumber
In post 386, BananaCucho wrote:I think that's a fair POV. Looking forward to Bee's response

So overall a town lean. But I wanna see the bar raised day 2. I do have a conspiracy theory about them and SS being scum together. But its kinda far fetched, eh

Double D. I like them overall. Town read. Their playstyle reminds me a lot of myself on my home site. I was wishy washy with them around midday but overall one of my stronger town reads atm
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 542, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 539, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 527, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Have you found any scumreads yet?
No
Ok so we're most of the way through day1, so i have a bit of a problem with this ...

I'm also getting townpings from bell

- dumber
I normally struggle to get a good scum read, and am very prone to mislynch because I'm prone to tunnel onto things

That being said, I am also struggling to get a scum read on players this game, which is boggling tbh, even with as poorly as I normally do it
In post 549, NDMath wrote:
In post 429, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 428, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 409, NDMath wrote:
In post 358, BananaCucho wrote: 2nd part: I appreciate your answer to this question. I also found Bee to be townie, but now they appear to be somewhat... apathetic? Towards the game. Would you agree with that, and would the apathy drive them more into the town column or the scum column for you?
I don't think they're being apathetic, or at least not anymore than they were at the start of the game if you ignore the post restriction stuff. Haven't seen scum!bee so I'd have to glance through a scum game or two of his to answer that.

In post 374, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 346, NDMath wrote:I agree with the third section and at the time I scumread norwee and redtea.
Who do you currently scumread then?

- Dumber
redtea. Probably Jackel but would like more from her before I'm sure. Sorta S_S but I trust others reads of him much more than my own.

I dislike this post: the first response doesn't really convey anything beyond a disagreement, and it's quite clear bee's slot was posting less enthusiastically compared to the initial pages where they gambited. Both this one and the second response feel forced/made up. NDMath has not really left any impression at all on either of us apart from this and that's concerning.

-Dumbass
Thanks Double D. This post has really elevated my view of you. The post by NDMath was disappointing to me as well, we aren't really offered any fresh perspectives and are just given 2 scum reads off of the 2 leading trains and without reasoning
I really don't have any fresh perspectives besides being first vote on redtea, because my reads line up with 'town consensus' a lot right now.

To D&D I was specifically pointing out that early on bee was only enthusiastic for the gambit, and not anything else happening at the time. I can agree that I avoided making a strong read on the slot right now.

In post 525, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 523, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Actually, i’m super self-concious as town.
And i’ve gotten scumread for it about a thousand times now
My guess is this is just because you are self-conscious in general, and not specifically as town.

Regardless it's definitely a standard trait to be more self-conscious as scum than as town, and I am that.
I strongly disagree. I consider, and sometimes even use self-consciousness as a town tell.
Town has a mob of people constantly watching + evaluating them while having little information themself, whereas scum know they've got people looking out for them.
@NDMath, why did you even bother responding to that 2nd part there? There's a lot of other things happening since your last post, and that's all you want to address? (besides the first part of your post, responding to me)
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 562, Joey_ wrote:
In post 559, androgybee wrote:feel like im being misunderstood here, not sure if it's deliberate or not but it sure feels obtuse, and im not gonna bother trying to clarify further if you can't see it.

~nahdia

Thats a lot of words to explain why you arent going to explain something
In post 564, Joey_ wrote:
In post 563, androgybee wrote:it's not that many words, actually.
Pretty sure you couldve come up with an explanation with the 20 words you used in your 2 last posts
In post 567, Joey_ wrote:
In post 565, androgybee wrote:im really not worried with how anyone us reading our slot this game, actually. so think what you want.
Why not? if youre softing PR just for the sake of this argument its petty/scummy
This interaction feels pretty TvT tbh

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”