Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 24, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 12, Gentleman 1 wrote:We only need to correctly identify 1 T-T pairing to win, right? Then yeah, that sounds pretty solid.
We'd need 2-3.
Wolves can pair together which means 1 town pair gets end gamed against a W/W pair.
Wolves also get 1 kill which makes it 2 pairs ignoring the above.

Not sure how I feel about this town slip as I am the only one to have noticed it. But I think Gentleman 1 is probably town.
@Lady 5 thoughts?
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Suggestion/Request:

I don’t know if anyone else has tried to read through Perfect Masquerade, but I had a hard time following it because of the naming convention. Someone suggested having nicknames but it didn’t stick.

I used to ride the bus, and the busses would have colors and numbers. Ex. The 13 Silver. I remember “Silver” first, but after a while I was able to remember the numbers too.

Here is my suggestion: Have something in your avatar that makes you easily identifiable. For example, Lady 13 with Cat as avatar, we can call her Cat Lady 13. It’s easy to remember who she is, and if you need to look for her posts, it’s easy to see which one is her. Bonus points if it’s one syllable.

Just my $0.02. Feel free to call me Scarf Man 6.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Oh yeah, I didn't consider the vamlolf/vamlolf possibility. That ever happened before in a previous iteration?
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

I agree with Scarf Man. Most call me Comic, but my friends call me Sans.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Can I call you Skull Man 1? Not sure if I'm looking at your avatar correctly.

Also I'm using my Location to indicate Scarf Man 6, hopefully that should be allowed. Makes things much easier.

Driving me nuts to see "G5" "G6" etc in Perfect Masquerade because my brain just does not think that way.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 25, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 24, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 12, Gentleman 1 wrote:We only need to correctly identify 1 T-T pairing to win, right? Then yeah, that sounds pretty solid.
We'd need 2-3.
Wolves can pair together which means 1 town pair gets end gamed against a W/W pair.
Wolves also get 1 kill which makes it 2 pairs ignoring the above.

Not sure how I feel about this town slip as I am the only one to have noticed it. But I think Gentleman 1 is probably town.
@Lady 5 thoughts?
The townslip is that G1 wasn’t considering the potential of a townpair being able to endgame? Idk if I’m understanding this right
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Also, reading last game, it looks like several people posted with their mains on accident and had to replace out. What I’m doing to mitigate that is by only logging into this alt on Safari (while I use Chrome for my main). Also, in your login settings you can change the theme, so I changed the background of my alt to bright orange. That way it’ll feel pretty different on my alt vs my main.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Sure pal. Might want to ask about the location thing first, mod did specify to not edit locations.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 12, Gentleman 1 wrote:We only need to correctly identify 1 T-T pairing to win, right?
Two, because one will die at intermission.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I don’t have a problem with LX/GX for names but not do I object to nicknames. I may change my avi though, so please don’t come up with one for me yet

I’m using maf tiger to avoid slipping, that’s how excited I am to play this game
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Lady 5 »

But nor*
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Lady 2 »

And that's assuming scum don't pair with each other, which is insanely risky but has been done before.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 30, Lady 5 wrote:The townslip is that G1 wasn’t considering the potential of a townpair being able to endgame? Idk if I’m understanding this right
He said we needed to identify 1 town pair to win, not factoring in the scum kill.
Scum have likely already thought about the win con of each alignment so it's a weird thing to miss we'd need a minimum of 2.

Given you are also confused though maybe I shouldn't use this as a clearing metric.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 31, Gentleman 6 wrote:Also, reading last game, it looks like several people posted with their mains on accident and had to replace out. What I’m doing to mitigate that is by only logging into this alt on Safari (while I use Chrome for my main). Also, in your login settings you can change the theme, so I changed the background of my alt to bright orange. That way it’ll feel pretty different on my alt vs my main.
You're some kind of monster, but I appreciate the commitment.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Lady 2 »

Wow looks like I'm like the third person to point that out lol.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

I don't think I get it yet tbh. Can 5 more help me understand?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 37, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 30, Lady 5 wrote:The townslip is that G1 wasn’t considering the potential of a townpair being able to endgame? Idk if I’m understanding this right
He said we needed to identify 1 town pair to win, not factoring in the scum kill.
Scum have likely already thought about the win con of each alignment so it's a weird thing to miss we'd need a minimum of 2.

Given you are also confused though maybe I shouldn't use this as a clearing metric.
I would say it lightly increases the odds of town but is such a simple thing to drop a mention of as scum that I wouldn’t put too much weight into it
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 32, Gentleman 1 wrote:Sure pal. Might want to ask about the location thing first, mod did specify to not edit locations.
You're right, they did, fixed.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Slips hold a lot more value for scum to pull off here actually. No meta to examine, and no way to tell if the person is the type to miss something like that. In my case, I missed it obv, but they shouldn't be given much weight overall.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I am cool calling Sans 1 town now. I get why people are hesitant to call people town over such minor things but I really think scum would have thought about how they need to win and how they lose to town. It is at least something needed to be faked not something that came out naturally.

I also find these kind of "haha gotcha" reads tend to have higher accuracy then body of works reads since that is what scum tend to put in the effort to try and fake.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 43, Gentleman 1 wrote:Slips hold a lot more value for scum to pull off here actually. No meta to examine, and no way to tell if the person is the type to miss something like that. In my case, I missed it obv, but they shouldn't be given much weight overall.
Have you played this setup before?

Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Nope.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Maybe I am wrong, but this doesn't strike me as the kind of setup where someone would try and fake a town slip.
This setup isn't nearly mechanical enough for that to be on someones mind.

So the question is over the last 24 hours would a scum who camped the thread opening have not actually put effort to think about that game And I think the answer to that question is yes.

Maybe I am wrong and I can re-evaluate when I get to that point, but as far as the present is concerned I am happy with this read.

Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

So there are eight pairings. If we have

TM
TM
TM
MM
MM
MM
MM
MM

Mafia gets one kill, but everything else is day lynches, right? And mafia only wins if we remain at
TM or TM TM or TM TM TM? So as long as one TT survives to the end then we win?

Also not to be picky about Sans/Skull 1's nickname but it really has to have to do with the avatar or there's no point.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I messed that up. There are more than three town in the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”