Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 349, Gentleman 3 wrote:Gentleman 1 locktown energy for going for his heart's desire.
Why?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 347, Gentleman 5 wrote:I don't know how I feel about Lady 7 as a result of this.
Update: I think Lady 7 is town
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I don't think we should consider G6's final post as alignment indicative. Angleshooting tends to backfire in general.
In post 345, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 127, Gentleman 9 wrote:the wide range of things to analyze is bad it gives scum direction to play
You're right, based on this information they may decide to try to pair up and then kill the ic at night
I can see why mafia wouldn't pair with the IC, but why do you think they would pair up as opposed to pairing with town?

I don't have a read on G5 yet, and it's interesting that he's decided to shoot his shot so quickly. Are you fully caught up now?
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

I'm back sorry traveling
Kinda feeling like garbage probably won't fully engage here until Sunday
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

the gentlemen do have some urgency to shoot their shots

there are only 8 ladies compared to 9 men
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

The G1 & L7 pairing looks a lot townier than with L8. Especially L7's response to being asked makes it likely that they aren't scummates.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 352, Gentleman 4 wrote:I don't think we should consider G6's final post as alignment indicative. Angleshooting tends to backfire in general.
In post 345, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 127, Gentleman 9 wrote:the wide range of things to analyze is bad it gives scum direction to play
You're right, based on this information they may decide to try to pair up and then kill the ic at night
I can see why mafia wouldn't pair with the IC, but why do you think they would pair up as opposed to pairing with town?

I don't have a read on G5 yet, and it's interesting that he's decided to shoot his shot so quickly. Are you fully caught up now?
I was being sarcastic, I didn't mean to imply that mafia would pair with each other.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 355, Gentleman 3 wrote:
The G1 & L7 pairing looks a lot townier than with L8. Especially L7's response to being asked makes it likely that they aren't scummates.
Can you further explain why you think Gentleman 1 is town? Is it only because he asked Lady 7?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 354, Lady 6 wrote:the gentlemen do have some urgency to shoot their shots

Are you implying something here?
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 357, Gentleman 5 wrote:Is it only because he asked Lady 7?
Yes, instead of asking/accepting someone who was already willing, he asked someone who he's trying to read.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 347, Gentleman 5 wrote:
I ask Lady 8 to the dance

My reasoning is as follows:

-Having a sample of Lady 8's postings, I believe I'll be able to get a good read on her alignment if we are in a pt together. So far I like them in a nai way but believe that it is possible for them to be mafia.
-To that extent, I disagree with post from Lady 7. I'm not townreading Lady 6 specifically right now. Lady 8 I feel hasn't revealed enough of her heart to be able to tell. I don't know how I feel about Lady 7 as a result of this.
-I intend to put in work this game.
You want to use our dance to get to know me better? And you want me to reveal more of my heart to you? Stop it, ah!!!!

Even if I'm struggling a little bit with keeping track of who's who this time around, I would absolutely love to be in a PT with someone who wants to put some effort in together.

You proposing to me because you think you should be the one the sort me, rather than proposing because you are sure I'm town... it sounds so much more interesting that way.

You've got me all excited now. Oh bother
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 358, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 354, Lady 6 wrote:the gentlemen do have some urgency to shoot their shots

Are you implying something here?
not really beyond the fact that one gentleman isn't moving on
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 359, Gentleman 3 wrote:
Yes, instead of asking/accepting someone who was already willing, he asked someone who he's trying to read.
Both Lady 7 and Lady 8 wanted to dance with G1 iirc.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

Can you point me to where Gentleman 1 implies he's asking Lady 7 to the dance because he's trying to read her? Or to why you thought that.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I'll come out and say it: I'm not townreading Gent 1, I think his content so far is lacking when looked at in iso, and many of his posts are banter/joking around. I don't see any indication that Gent 1 has a reason like trying to read Lady 7 for the proposal, my guess was that he townreads lady 7 (or more nefarious reasons, if he's not town).
I pretty much don't agree with what Gent 3 is saying right now, and think he's attributing things to Gent 1 that aren't there. I think it's interesting that Gent 1's proposal was the first thing he talked about. His response in is curious; I asked him about Gent 1 and he started talking about lady 7 being towny.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 362, Gentleman 4 wrote:
Both Lady 7 and Lady 8 wanted to dance with G1 iirc.
This is correct. Lady 7 first wanted to and then me.

He never said why he picked her, although it might've been her reaction to him hinting he might pick me. Or maybe he was planning on picking her all along. I don't know! But I got over it
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

gent 1 has charisma and that seems to be the primary reason for town reading him so far

I want Lady 8 in a strong pairing, that may end up being G5
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

L8.Ghost is by a good margin the towniest Lady in the game.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 365, Lady 8 wrote:He never said why he picked her, although it might've been her reaction to him hinting he might pick me. Or maybe he was planning on picking her all along. I don't know! But I got over it
Well, I think he should explain what he was thinking
In post 366, Lady 6 wrote:gent 1 has charisma and that seems to be the primary reason for town reading him so far
Agree
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

thoughts on gentleman 5, lady blue hair?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

-Having a sample of Lady 8's postings, I believe I'll be able to get a good read on her alignment if we are in a pt together. So far I like them in a nai way but believe that it is possible for them to be mafia.
-To that extent, I disagree with post from Lady 7. I'm not townreading Lady 6 specifically right now. Lady 8 I feel hasn't revealed enough of her heart to be able to tell. I don't know how I feel about Lady 7 as a result of this.
I am trying to decide if he wants to pair up with the towniest person in the game because he thinks he needs "a bit more"
Or if he is trying to look town while snagging the towniest person in the game.

My initial reaction would be the latter but the rest of his posts are alright so I am unsure right now.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

As scum wouldn't you want to pick your partner on future prospects not how townie they are now?
So to some degree I think scum would like to pair with someone like me, Lady 8, Lady 1.cry.

Emotionally invested players that are likely to put up a fight for the entire duration of the game.
So a more medium invested mid poster who is being widely town read could end up being a worse pairing long term.

I just think L8.Ghost is a clear partner scum would want to pair up with.

Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 366, Lady 6 wrote:gent 1 has charisma and that seems to be the primary reason for town reading him so far

I want Lady 8 in a strong pairing, that may end up being G5
In post 367, Lady 7 wrote:L8.Ghost is by a good margin the towniest Lady in the game.
I'm gonna be real, I have been mostly just been focusing on the Gents as a way to parse through the game easier. Hopefully the lady reads starting coming to me better.

But on that note, am I really the towniest of us? I find that hard to believe.

Pedit: I really wasn't getting the vibe I was the towniest ?!!?! If that were true I'd approach this dance proposal differently. But I was more getting the idea I was in the null range, and he wanted to be the hero that solves me.

Is this not the case?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 371, Lady 7 wrote:As scum wouldn't you want to pick your partner on future prospects not how townie they are now?
So to some degree I think scum would like to pair with someone like me, Lady 8, Lady 1.cry.

Emotionally invested players that are likely to put up a fight for the entire duration of the game.
So a more medium invested mid poster who is being widely town read could end up being a worse pairing long term.

I just think L8.Ghost is a clear partner scum would want to pair up with.
wdym by future prospects? You, L8, and L1 are all townread to some extent, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
Also, L8 seems to be somewhat emotional based because she seems pretty nervous about who she's dancing with, so I don't think she fits into the "medium invested mid poster" category you are describing.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 370, Lady 7 wrote:

I am trying to decide if he wants to pair up with the towniest person in the game because he thinks he needs "a bit more"
Or if he is trying to look town while snagging the towniest person in the game.

My initial reaction would be the latter but the rest of his posts are alright so I am unsure right now.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't townread lady 8 to a certain extent; I just think there is a capacity for her to be fooling us in there, moreso than what I feel coming from you, if that makes sense to you.

This is also my personal preference; the avatar interested me and then the posting seems like someone I could get along with

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”