Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 372, Lady 8 wrote:Pedit: I really wasn't getting the vibe I was the towniest ?!!?! If that were true I'd approach this dance proposal differently. But I was more getting the idea I was in the null range, and he wanted to be the hero that solves me.

Is this not the case?
I don't know, because only Lady 7 has weighed in with a read on you
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

Or am I mistaken? I don't remember other people talking about Lady 8, but Gent 4 just said that she was being townread
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 371, Lady 7 wrote:As scum wouldn't you want to pick your partner on future prospects not how townie they are now?
So to some degree I think scum would like to pair with someone like me, Lady 8, Lady 1.cry.

Emotionally invested players that are likely to put up a fight for the entire duration of the game.
So a more medium invested mid poster who is being widely town read could end up being a worse pairing long term.

I just think L8.Ghost is a clear partner scum would want to pair up with.
I suppose I can see what you mean. Was it clear before Gent 5 proposed that I was going to be pretty invested? Your argument that scum would want a player who is going to not want to go down easy, probably can gets townreads, etc is fair enough

But on the flip side if Gent 5 is really a town player who wants to "go to work"... mmmm I'm so into it
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 376, Gentleman 5 wrote:Or am I mistaken? I don't remember other people talking about Lady 8, but Gent 4 just said that she was being townread
This was my recollection. Seal Lady 6 quite liked me, but I felt like that was just mostly just coming from her. Whereas I swear others were getting mostly consensus townreads.

Oh, that was mostly at the Gent side I guess. The Gents have been townier thus far
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 371, Lady 7 wrote: I just think L8.Ghost is a clear partner scum would want to pair up with.
I think your reasoning makes sense, but I am not aligned with the mafia.
Who do you think they should be paired with?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 378, Lady 8 wrote:The Gents have been townier thus far
Who has?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 373, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 371, Lady 7 wrote:As scum wouldn't you want to pick your partner on future prospects not how townie they are now?
So to some degree I think scum would like to pair with someone like me, Lady 8, Lady 1.cry.

Emotionally invested players that are likely to put up a fight for the entire duration of the game.
So a more medium invested mid poster who is being widely town read could end up being a worse pairing long term.

I just think L8.Ghost is a clear partner scum would want to pair up with.
wdym by future prospects? You, L8, and L1 are all townread to some extent, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
Also, L8 seems to be somewhat emotional based because she seems pretty nervous about who she's dancing with, so I don't think she fits into the "medium invested mid poster" category you are describing.
You want someone who won't fall under heat, if you die as scum you want it to be due to your own actions not your partners.
If I was scum their are certain players who based on what I've read I wouldn't be confident in my ability to defend.

Someone like L1 or L8 I think I could very easily defend just due to how they are approaching the game. L3.Misty pairing up with G9.Yugi I think is very townie on the part of Misty because she had literally 0 idea what she was getting herself into and I sort of ruled her out as scum.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 376, Gentleman 5 wrote:Or am I mistaken? I don't remember other people talking about Lady 8, but Gent 4 just said that she was being townread
I think the general thread consensus is that she is town. I am inclined to believe this based on how she seems to be feeling about dancing with someone.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 379, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 371, Lady 7 wrote: I just think L8.Ghost is a clear partner scum would want to pair up with.
I think your reasoning makes sense, but I am not aligned with the mafia.
Who do you think they should be paired with?
Not the IC, I don't particularly want to 'waste' her.
You, G1.Sans and G4.Tennis are probably the Gents I like the most.

I am just hesitant right now, I don't think we should be pulling any triggers even if I like the direction.
Without flips or votes I don't think I am ever going to be 100% happy with anyone outside those who willingly put themselves in bad pairs.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Sorry if you think it's odd I'd post all these tin foils about you and call you town at the end.
I just don't like to make mistakes when I play mafia even if I end up making many.

Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

299 was the post that had me town reading Lady 8 due to the careful consideration in weighing the different gentlemen

it's not actually too necessary for her to do given she'll get an invite no matter what, but I think the effort put into it is genuine and shows she cares about producing a pro-town pairing
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 380, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 378, Lady 8 wrote:The Gents have been townier thus far
Who has?
Gent 1 had a lot of positive reception. Gent 9's early proposal to Lady 3 was taken pretty well from what I recall. Gent 6 I think got a little scumread for being overly mechanical but after the replace has been townread. Gent 4 is a chad as mentioned by someone else (idk what that says about his alignment but i think he's had good posts).

Maybe I have a gentleman bias. Either way I mostly remember the Gents who posted early on getting pretty heavily townread.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In fairness my read did improve after you made the post "I town read G8.Ghost but she could be fooling us". Which was after my initial tin foil.
I found at that moment it showed our brains approach the game of mafia in a similar manner and that's not always something you can remember to fake.

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Funny G8 has a bias calling Gents town but I have the opposite bias because I don't want to be paired up with the wrong individual lol.

Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

I think I'm in the same boat

I feel a lot more confident on ladies than I do gentlemen

it doesn't help that a few gentlemen haven't posted much of substance at all
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 385, Lady 6 wrote:299 was the post that had me town reading Lady 8 due to the careful consideration in weighing the different gentlemen

it's not actually too necessary for her to do given she'll get an invite no matter what, but I think the effort put into it is genuine and shows she cares about producing a pro-town pairing
"This thread is sorta hard to read through. I'm just gonna ISO the men and find my favourite cause that's more important atm!" <- my exact thought process

I do want the right one but also I felt like i was gonna be overwhelmed if I tried to do a full reread. So I just focused on the picking a mate part. Really I need to consolidate some feelings towards the ladies too.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Creepy Lady 8 deserves someone better than caveman gent 5
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i didn't know i had reads

well outside of gentleman 9 who is a very fine gentleman indeed

i'm at like p4
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 384, Lady 7 wrote:Sorry if you think it's odd I'd post all these tin foils about you and call you town at the end.
I just don't like to make mistakes when I play mafia even if I end up making many.
Oh it's fine, It makes sense to me to want to wait before making game-altering choices.

I feel better about Lady 6 after seeing their last several posts.

I think Gent 1 is overrated

I think Gent 3 is saying stuff that isn't really substantiated by other stuff in thread

What you are saying about scum wanting to pair with L8 makes sense to me
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 392, Gentleman 8 wrote:i didn't know i had reads

well outside of gentleman 9 who is a very fine gentleman indeed

i'm at like p4

Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 391, Gentleman 9 wrote:Creepy Lady 8 deserves someone better than caveman gent 5
Who is better than me among the Gents?
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Tennis man and scarf boy so far. I don't think your reasoning for proposal makes a lot of sense, and it's seems youre backtracking after blue lady 7 called you out a bit
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

So do you townread Lady 8, then?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

And why
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 396, Gentleman 9 wrote:I don't think your reasoning for proposal makes a lot of sense,
What is wrong with my reasoning for proposal?
In post 396, Gentleman 9 wrote:and it's seems youre backtracking after blue lady 7 called you out a bit
It wasn't backtracking.

Think of it like this, I wanted to dance with Lady 8 for personal reasons, and I also feel that it would be a good pairing for gameplay reasons, those gameplay reasons being that I think I can get a good read on her.

When proposing to Lady 8, I led with the gameplay reasons, and didn't bring up the personal reasons. Lady 7 said she didn't fully buy it, so then I explained the personal reasons

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”