Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Bell »

@NDMath, why are you so demotivated?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@Joey It clearly says "he" as the preferred pronoun for Bell. You're using "she" to describe them because I think you're looking at their av and assuming. Just wanted to point that out.
In post 549, NDMath wrote:I really don't have any fresh perspectives besides being first vote on redtea, because my reads line up with 'town consensus' a lot right now.
Such as?
In post 567, Joey_ wrote:
In post 565, androgybee wrote:im really not worried with how anyone us reading our slot this game, actually. so think what you want.
Why not? if youre softing PR just for the sake of this argument its petty/scummy
Agreed. That's a weird statement.
In post 570, androgybee wrote:they're generating content that doesn't feel like just treading water.
Still, though, 5 one-to-two liners doesn't equate to "generating content." I mean, I've replaced into games and have gotten told that I haven't done enough when I post more than 1 or 2 lines and really work on being thorough and understanding the game state. I think you're giving praise over something that isn't really praiseworthy, and I'm not quite sure why that's happening.
In post 628, catboi wrote:starbuck is more of a PoE thing but the redtea votes are starting to have a hint of opportunism to them
The more that redtea has posted (as I'm reading and catching up), the less confident that I'm feeling in him as scum. I'm willing to stick him back towards my null pile for now.

Also, I typically hate meta talk because it just ends up being a huge rabbit hole, but I appreciate the simple/to the point questions getting answered without it taking away from the game state.

In post 641, Jackel98 wrote:I can think someone is town while also hating their reads and how obtusely and self-assuredly they word everything.
+1. I agree with this. You can separate the difference between someone's tone/whether or not they are genuine from what could be considered shitty reads.
In post 648, BananaCucho wrote:I normally struggle to get a good scum read, and am very prone to mislynch because I'm prone to tunnel onto things
+1. I know this pain.
In post 675, Joey_ wrote:I know it’s an unpopular proposition in this game and on mafiascum in general, but flipping a low activity player like porkens who hasn’t been mentionned can actually gives a lot of associative infos.
If we were like Day 3 or 4, without other options, I could see pushing this. Day 1, it's policy/opportunism at his finest, especially with being V/LA. I just don't like this tactic and find it pretty scummy.
In post 683, Jackel98 wrote:Also, wouldn't it be hard to tell who actively avoided Porkens and who just forgot that they existed?
I actually forgot he was here.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 699, Bell wrote:@Starbuck, you're saying that you're town reading NDMath and that the last time you town read him he was mafia?
Yes, in Weakest Link, he had me hook, line, and sinker. I had a great case about how town he was and everything. He and Dunnstral claimed masons and were scum the whole time. I've never felt so betrayed.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I'm a willing hammer because I think he might be pulling wool over my eyes again.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Bell »

Why are you town reading him?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 704, Bell wrote:Why are you town reading him?
I'm not necessarily town reading him here because I'm trying to figure out if he's doing the same thing that he did in Weakest Link. His ISO there is like 20 posts long and I should go take a look back.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Bell »

His last post was so underwhelming that I'm having difficulty reconciling it with a win condition he should, presumably be playing toward.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 700, Bell wrote:@NDMath, why are you so demotivated?
I'm being hung since nahdia decided she scumread me, catboi ok'd it, and everyone else was like "sure I'll compromise".
My redtea scumread was dropped from discussion entirely for 'his reason is bad'. redtea's recent posts have been null so I don't have anything new to bring it back into discussion.
I'm not getting any new scumreads besides hydras being weird but that's the extent of it.

In post 701, Starbuck wrote:
In post 549, NDMath wrote:I really don't have any fresh perspectives besides being first vote on redtea, because my reads line up with 'town consensus' a lot right now.
Such as?
I was first to say 'joey is town' and now everyone strongly believes that. Banana is a universal townread and catboi is pretty close. redtea was in everyone's hang pool and jackel is in most. I'm skeptical but townlean on both hydras which seems like where most of town is at on D&D.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Bell »

VC 1.4Jackel98 (2): Dumb& Dumber
redtea (1): NDMath
Porkens (1): Joey_
androgybee (1): Something_Smart
NorwegianBoyEE (1): Jackel98
NDMath (5): Catboi, NorwegianBoyEE, BananaCucho, Androgybee, Bell

Not Voting (2): Porkens, redtea

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-08-02 00:00:00)

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to eliminate

Porkens is V/LA until August 1st
Radical Rat has requested replacement

While I was doing this I noticed the D_D jump from Math to Jackal, Why did you switch your vote D_D?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 693, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Joey, the gist of your scumread on Porkens is because you think gamestate suggests it right?
Because he's useless but nobody was pointing it out?
Yes
Especially in comparison of you being obv town and still suspected by half the town
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 701, Starbuck wrote:@Joey It clearly says "he" as the preferred pronoun for Bell. You're using "she" to describe them because I think you're looking at their av and assuming. Just wanted to point that out.
Such as?
In post 567, Joey_ wrote:
In post 565, androgybee wrote:im really not worried with how anyone us reading our slot this game, actually. so think what you want.
Why not? if youre softing PR just for the sake of this argument its petty/scummy
Agreed. That's a weird statement.
In post 570, androgybee wrote:they're generating content that doesn't feel like just treading water.
Still, though, 5 one-to-two liners doesn't equate to "generating content." I mean, I've replaced into games and have gotten told that I haven't done enough when I post more than 1 or 2 lines and really work on being thorough and understanding the game state. I think you're giving praise over something that isn't really praiseworthy, and I'm not quite sure why that's happening.
In post 628, catboi wrote:starbuck is more of a PoE thing but the redtea votes are starting to have a hint of opportunism to them
The more that redtea has posted (as I'm reading and catching up), the less confident that I'm feeling in him as scum. I'm willing to stick him back towards my null pile for now.

Also, I typically hate meta talk because it just ends up being a huge rabbit hole, but I appreciate the simple/to the point questions getting answered without it taking away from the game state.

In post 641, Jackel98 wrote:I can think someone is town while also hating their reads and how obtusely and self-assuredly they word everything.
+1. I agree with this. You can separate the difference between someone's tone/whether or not they are genuine from what could be considered shitty reads.
In post 648, BananaCucho wrote:I normally struggle to get a good scum read, and am very prone to mislynch because I'm prone to tunnel onto things
+1. I know this pain.
In post 675, Joey_ wrote:I know it’s an unpopular proposition in this game and on mafiascum in general, but flipping a low activity player like porkens who hasn’t been mentionned can actually gives a lot of associative infos.
If we were like Day 3 or 4, without other options, I could see pushing this. Day 1, it's policy/opportunism at his finest, especially with being V/LA. I just don't like this tactic and find it pretty scummy.
In post 683, Jackel98 wrote:Also, wouldn't it be hard to tell who actively avoided Porkens and who just forgot that they existed?
I actually forgot he was here.
@ i used to play mafia with a bell girl, I assumed soz, I am the worst for that
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Somebody give me the tl;dr on the NDMath case
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Bell »

@Joey, forgiven. I don't really mind, so I didn't bring it up.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Joey_ »

For what is worth, I don’t townread NMD but he’s not scummy either. Gun to my head id say he’s town, shrugs

His reaction is okay, nothing fancy but id say maybe above average for a relatively new player. I also think it’s not a grest lynch because NMD as mafia wouldn’t be scary and would be poe’d pretty quickly. It think porkens will just get replaced in and no one will want to flip him and/or as scum finds a reason in the replace-in content’s to not want to lynch them (because
Porkens rn is undefendable)

And yes it’s opportunistic and sometimes its what town needs to lynch mefias
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Joey_ »

And to be fair, porkens had plenty of time to post content. It’s not opportunistic in the way that he didnt had time, but in the way that i wouldnt really prefer to wait for the replacement
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Bell »

I find what appears to be a lack of interest in his wagon or his passive approach to the current game state kind of telling.
androgybee
androgybee
Goon
androgybee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by androgybee »

lol joey i made the same connection with bell when i first saw his name. clearly not the same person tho. i cant see ali caring for forum mafia tbh.

posts like where ndmath just dismisses his lack of reads with "hydras are weird" do not inspire confidence. am still cool with this execution.

~nahdia
Nahdia/beeboy hydra
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Porkens »

Your desperation to flip someone who is on VLA is pathetic and obvious. I’ll be back on Saturday.
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

Whats the vote count? Is NDMath at E-2 or E-1?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 717, Porkens wrote:Your desperation to flip someone who is on VLA is pathetic and obvious. I’ll be back on Saturday.
I am desperate, really?

You slot is hot trash as far as i am concerned and it has everything to do with you refusing to produce content
I made my point before you left for VlA and being away doesn’t invalidate anything you have and haven’t done. Being vla doenst make yu magically invulnerable nor a desperate lynch option
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 413, Porkens wrote:Yeah - I don't have a clue. I'll put something together tomorrow
In post 415, Porkens wrote:As in I don't have any reads because I haven't even skimmed everything yet.
In post 474, Porkens wrote:Only have time for pot shots right now. Hopefully tonight.
In post 485, Porkens wrote:I’m not gunna be able to get to this today. Apologies.
In post 717, Porkens wrote:Your desperation to flip someone who is on VLA is pathetic and obvious. I’ll be back on Saturday.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Ftr, yes it wasn’t that long ago, it was 3-4 days ago yet half the game has been made in the recent days and you were posting regulary, making promises every day and no one ever mentionned any of your falses promises

If youre town, just admit you haven’t given shit to this game
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Joey_ »

But i think i caught me sum dirty mefia. If you were town, youd know you fucked up and hopefully not shade me for it
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Also, you took the time to tell everyone in 485 that you wouldn’t have time to respect your promises, but you couldn’t mention you were VLA? I didn’t even know you were, i just assume you were flaking or dodging the thread
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 721, Joey_ wrote:Ftr, yes it wasn’t that long ago, it was 3-4 days ago yet half the game has been made in the recent days and you were posting regulary, making promises every day and no one ever mentionned any of your falses promises

If youre town, just admit you haven’t given shit to this game
Hm, I realized all quoted posts beaides the last on was made in the same 24h, so i retract part of this post

Still scum reaction tho

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”