Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:01 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 591, Lady 5 wrote:but that's like not why she said she accepted? she said her reasons for accepting were in whereas what she's talking about in was general theory talk for the setup
i mean it might not be why she accepted, but it is why she didn't care about the theory stuff going on, which you're saying she should have read or whatever

(and tbh, my eyes glazed over at all the theory stuff in the beginning so i don't even know what discussion there was)

but also yes, you can also tell me why you don't believe that explanation either i guess? because that's a pretty weak explanation for scum to come up with lol
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:03 am

Post by Lady 5 »

@G8 eh, I'm kind of coming round to me just being wrong about this or reading too much into it

I think it's a weak explanation but idk why scum inherently means strong explanation? but equally yeah, I think maybe I've been reading "weak explanation for doing it" as scum bullshitting when it could just be a weak explanation for an honest reason
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:06 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i have no real frame of reference for this, since all the scum PTs in the recent dance games weren't released (the most recent one with a scum PT was 2017...) but I'd guess scum had some sort of discussion re: how they're gonna approach proposing or accepting dance proposals... or at least some sort of discussion about who they want to partner with (like if they're a weak player, try to get partnered with a player who seems strong, etc)

so off the cuff stuff like acceptance in the way lady 3 did it is at least slightly more likely to come from town i think. unless she's the type of scum who likes taking risks (i don't really care to meta dive her, it spoils the purpose of the game)
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:10 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

at the very least, even if they had zero discussion, it's slightly more probable that scum would be worried about accepting a proposal from a player who others are likely to think is scum
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:12 am

Post by Lady 5 »

okay, that seems fair regarding the talking about proposing/accepting. I don't want to get too far into meta (because I agree it interferes with the point, but equally I know that it's informing what I think and I don't want to disadvantage my play by not using that knowledge or sharing it) but I don't think that L3 would go against a team consensus, which seems to fit unless the scum team have the plan of "just accept whatever if you're a lady" which... it's not unreasonable, I don't think, but I also don't know if it's that likely

idk if you're actually floating the idea that a weak scum would want to pair with a strong partner, but I'm not sure that's true. I'd rather pair with a moderate player in that circumstance, because I'd be worried about a strong player figuring me out.

okay, I suppose I'm back to around neutral on L3, maybe very, very slightly town
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:16 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i am basing that assumption off
a. that's what scum _actually_ said in the last PT that was released (albeit 3 years ago in a non-anonymous game), and
b. we can choose to force couples out. doesn't really help if scum pair with a weaker player just because the weaker player is unlikely to figure them out - we can still forcefully evict them from the dance floor
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i suppose it entirely depends on the composition of the scum team too, but whatever. point being that i think some thought would have gone into it and that doesn't exactly align with shoot from the hip proposal acceptance
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:21 am

Post by Lady 5 »

sigh
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:21 am

Post by Lady 5 »

I wish you weren't conftown, G8
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

I think Earth lady is town
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:33 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

VOTE: Gentleman 4
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:34 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

my kingdom isn't a democracy. who gave you permission to vote and what for?
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Pardon, majesty. It's just my advice to evict Gentleman 4.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:39 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

is it because you think he's a bad dancer? or did he offend you in some way?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:40 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 597, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 594, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 578, Lady 5 wrote:Aren’t you supposed to be propositioning me or something?
1Who, me?
In post 579, Gentleman 8 wrote:that's silly. the women in this game aren't the ones in danger of getting kicked out of my ball so why would they, even as scum, care about quickly accepting an offer?
That's true, but then maybe they're scum and just didn't have a plan in mind and did whatever
In post 581, Lady 5 wrote:It sort of feels like L7, L8, G1, G4, G5, L6 are freezing out the rest of the game and just talking among each other

idk if that means that there is a cluster of scum in there, but it does make the game highly demotivating and uninteresting from the perspective of someone who is outside that, and also I'm somewhat doubtful that scum is entirely outside that grouping even though I don't have strong reads on anyone inside it
2I don't think that's true. People posted before I showed up, then they left, and I started posting. I'm talking with anyone who speaks.
1 you, but also the other gentlemen in general

2 it feels to me very much like that has been an in-group so far that has primarily been interested in speaking amongst itself. obviously, there were a lot of posts from when I first posted to when I came back, but when I was around as the day began I still felt that most of that group were not very interested in what I thought about anything or in engaging with me

my impression when I skimmed through until like p11 was that this group has mostly been talking with itself as a preference over the other slots in the game, particularly the quieter ones
I like the numbers to reply here. I'm not intentionally excluding anyone from conversation.
In post 598, Lady 5 wrote:because I feel incredibly disengaged from the game, I'm not having fun, and I hope having a partner might help with that
Note that you don't get a pt until the end of the dance phase (after somebody is left out)

Who do you think we should leave out? Who are some of your preferences for the dance, other than me?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:40 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 609, Gentleman 2 wrote:I think Earth lady is town
I’m more in the middle. It’s easy to complain about things.
In post 612, Gentleman 2 wrote:Pardon, majesty. It's just my advice to evict Gentleman 4.
Ok, but why?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 574, Lady 4 wrote:Can both of you talk about Rosalina 2 because that's my strongest SR rn
I liked her progression on L1.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:50 am

Post by Lady 4 »

Tbh I'm not gonna be too invested in "optimal matchmaking" here
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:51 am

Post by Lady 4 »

Planet 5 seems genuine in her frustrations here
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:54 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

This isn't the first ball I come fashionably late to.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:55 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

fakegod should have given these alts better names. Like gentleman suit or lady pizza. I will have such a hard time remembering who said what.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

tbh half the time someone mentions a number in this game, i have to go look at their ISO to remember who they are

only a couple actually left enough of an impression that i can say "oh yeah, that number"
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 598, Lady 5 wrote:because I feel incredibly disengaged from the game, I'm not having fun, and I hope having a partner might help with that
Alright, you seem to have missed that I've already been paired up. I think making a fake proposal here would be cruel of me. Gent 1 is also paired up.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:05 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

What are the pairs right now?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon