Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 632, Lady 5 wrote:I liked G4 and was hoping he would talk to me
Is there anything with me that you want to talk about? I'm all ears. I do remember somewhat liking your earlier posts, but your most recent posts have been neutral to me. Sorry that you feel left out though. I think it's more of a matter of people being online at the same time compared to trying to exclude someone from the conversation.

This might be personal bias, but I don't think Lady 6(Seal) should accept Gentleman 7's offer at this point.
In post 637, Lady 2 wrote:I feel like the incentive should be to partner with someone who is read similarly to you. As in, if you're town but scummy enough to not make it to endgame, you would want to pair up with scum in order to redirect people's scumreads on you somewhere useful.
This is a fair point, but I'm more in the camp that town should always try to pair with who they think is town compared to who they think is scum. It makes sense that the scummier people will end up having less priority in choosing their partners, but I just don't like the idea of intentionally pairing up with a scumread to end up suiciding your slot. Seems too risky.
In post 644, Lady 2 wrote:So maybe it's less that your partner has to be read similarly to you, and more that your partner has to have an alignment that matches how you are read.
Aren't these the same?
In post 646, Lady 7 wrote:I guess I just have less faith in someone's ability to play relative to the group when they have their own fears in regards to someone.
This is also a good point.
In post 657, Gentleman 7 wrote:Just my general impressions. I'm excited to get to voting.
This isn't answering Lady 6's question of why she should dance with you.
In post 421, Lady 4 wrote:This post really bothered me for some reason so I went and ISOed 2 and I think I figured out why. 2 has a lot of fluffy posts and semi sort of game advancing looking posts but they all feel really surface level and scum motivated.
@Lady 4. I looked through your ISO and this is what I found about why you scumread Lady 2. I think this has been asked before, but which quotes from Lady 2 seem to be pushing a scum agenda to you? I can agree with the fluff/semi-game advancing posts, but I'm willing to look past that on my read of her for now(as many have done such a thing to some extent).
In post 695, Gentleman 2 wrote:Quantity is not synonym to alignment. Quality is what matters.
It would be generous to say that your posts have quality. Why do you scumread me?
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 637, Lady 2 wrote:I feel like the incentive should be to partner with someone who is read similarly to you. As in, if you're town but scummy enough to not make it to endgame, you would want to pair up with scum in order to redirect people's scumreads on you somewhere useful. Whereas, if you are townread, you would want to pair up with someone who is both town and towny enough to not drag your pair down.
This is a really good way of looking at it.
In post 649, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 618, Lady 4 wrote:Planet 5 seems genuine in her frustrations here
yes... unsure those frustrations are AI however
I guess not but I still like Earth Lady 5 more now
In post 658, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 650, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 625, Gentleman 7 wrote:
I ask Lady 6 to the dance.

Definitely the cutest, most honorable and townie looking lady.
um I need more from you gorilla boy
You got sass.
Hahahahaha I love it
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 700, Gentleman 4 wrote:Aren't these the same?
Not quite. If you're townread, you can take a partner whom you believe to be town, even if most people don't agree, since people believe you to be town and can therefore trust your read to be genuine.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 659, Lady 7 wrote:If you guys want me to be completely serious about my pairing with G1.Sans.

I perceived his opening to the game a town slip. I didn't realize he could have easily thought town need one T-T pair to win after the night kill occurs. I do think scum would consider all outcomes such as being able to be paired together especially someone who has apparently never played the setup before.

I still kind of think he is town for entering with that kind of a mistake but I do believe I made a mistake jumping so quickly to make this pair.
Did the same f'n thing blue lady lol
In post 660, Lady 6 wrote:I'm very weirded out by Gentleman 2's pop-in a couple pages ago

especially since given his ISO he seems like one of the best candidates for first eviction
Main thing I'm wondering about it, does scum Gent 2 feel the need to randomly go after Gent 4? My first impression is it's like just some gut read he had. But I'll need him to explain more of course
In post 675, Gentleman 6 wrote:Much better. This tophat truly represents everything this game means to me.

Anyways, let's talk about how goddamn townie my prior owner's replace out was, shall we?
I like it!

I thought it was decently townie. My gut says he was trying his best at first (Like how he was trying to set up nicknames to make it easier to remember who's who) but he just got overwhelmed. I know scum could have a similar experience but I lean it for town for now

I had the same read of Lady Rosalina 2 as quite a few others for a while. I think she had a slightly slow start but I think she's been getting better recently.
In post 693, Gentleman 3 wrote:Greetings.

I'd been following along loosely with this game up to a point, although more as an exercise in figuring out the people behind the accounts rather than trying to analyze alignments.

I'll get caught up now.
Hell yeah Gent 3! You were probably my favourite slot to not get a partner though.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 700, Gentleman 4 wrote:This might be personal bias, but I don't think Lady 6(Seal) should accept Gentleman 7's offer at this point.
Hehe. Why haven't you proposed yet? Agree though
In post 700, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 695, Gentleman 2 wrote:Quantity is not synonym to alignment. Quality is what matters.
It would be generous to say that your posts have quality. Why do you scumread me?
I'm going to have to agree with Gent 4 on this one as well, while it's true that the contents of posts are more important than the count, I don't have a great read on Gent 2 yet.

Gent 2, did you mean to imply that your posts have been pretty "quality" or pretty towny thus far?
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Lady 1 »

Me vs the girl they tell you not to worry about his how I feel about Lady 8
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:07 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 677, Lady 2 wrote:Including G7?
No I put him in same basket as G2
In post 678, Lady 2 wrote:Why do my posts look scum motivated? Can you give an example of posts I made that were surface level?
I will do some quoting
In post 681, Lady 2 wrote:No, but I do get scumread a lot for my playstyle by people who don't know me very well.

I'm kinda surprised to hear my reads being called surface level, though. That's not something I get often given that I usually try to look one level deeper than most people (beyond "who does this appear to benefit" to "who does the player THINK this would appear to benefit").
I'm not calling your reads surface level I'm calling your general play
I don't see you really trying to dig into anything
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 159, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 112, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 3 lock town not changing
G9 looks better than L3 in this imo, but they both look good
Like this is fence sitty and useless
In post 439, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 421, Lady 4 wrote:This post really bothered me for some reason so I went and ISOed 2 and I think I figured out why. 2 has a lot of fluffy posts and semi sort of game advancing looking posts but they all feel really surface level and scum motivated.
Also I think the Rosalina/Peach shtick is a facade
This is specific and coherent.

Oh wait, it's neither of those things.
And I hated this shoot-down of my attack
In post 307, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 303, Lady 6 wrote:lady Rosalina,

what are your thoughts on the participants of this fine dance
I like L1, G9, G4, and L3, roughly in that order.
In post 309, Lady 2 wrote:Oh, and G1.
And this was p much useless (yes I know it was a response to a question)

Just ISO her. There's not much there.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 693, Gentleman 3 wrote:Greetings.

I'd been following along loosely with this game up to a point, although more as an exercise in figuring out the people behind the accounts rather than trying to analyze alignments.

I'll get caught up now.
I'm excite
In post 695, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 676, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 673, Lady 2 wrote:And L4, why G2? He's barely done anything.
Exactly. Other gentlemen have been better.
Quantity is not synonym to alignment. Quality is what matters.
Actually Gent 2's ISO is actively bad I take back what I said about him being in the same pool at G7
(This post is irrelevant to that read it just was what made me ISO him)
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Lady 6 »

Gentleman 7, you should ask someone else to dance, I don't plan on accepting your invitation
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Lady 2 »

L4, it sounds like you're giving an argument for why I haven't participated that much in the game, which is (a) not what you initially asserted, (b) something that several other people such as G2 and G7 are also doing and you don't seem to be scumreading them for it, and (c) pretty early to be saying something like that given the game's only been open for 24 hours.

Not to mention that you could have asked me to explain those reads-- and you still can. Are you even interested in my reasoning at all?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 710, Lady 2 wrote:(b) something that several other people such as G2 and G7 are also doing and you don't seem to be scumreading them for it
Okay no, I got this mixed up. You are scumreading them for it, which is at least consistent, although it doesn't make much sense to me.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I suppose I should post my thoughts more intermittently as I'm catching up rather than simply dumping them all at once. I've set up a few of my own word replacement nicknames, so apologies if a nickname I use isn't the consensus nickname.

Gentleman 4 (Tennis / Soccer)'s intro struck me as fairly awkward and scummy, but later on I felt that his posting improved. Specifically, his introduction talking about his internet and lack of any gut reads felt like a forced attempt to fit in, but later his point in I thought was a fairly decent observation.

Gentleman 1 (Sans)'s read in was a minor one but one that I feel reflected well on him for making the read in the first place. As I said, minor, but the rest of his posts so far give me no reason to doubt a town lean on him.

Other assorted townreads on Lady 7, Lady 3, and Lady 6 (Seal).

Lady 8's struck me as a scumpost like few posts ever tend to do. Along with which I find tonally scummy, she's likely my top suspect for scum so far.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I'm somewhat surprised to see people townreading both Lady 1 and Lady 8, much less call one of them . I can't say I agree.

Given my read on Lady 8 it pained me slightly to see Gentleman 5's introduction, but I think that he might lean closer to town than scum for me despite his partner and immediate pairing.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 710, Lady 2 wrote:L4, it sounds like you're giving an argument for why I haven't participated that much in the game, which is (a) not what you initially asserted, (b) something that several other people such as G2 and G7 are also doing and you don't seem to be scumreading them for it, and (c) pretty early to be saying something like that given the game's only been open for 24 hours.

Not to mention that you could have asked me to explain those reads-- and you still can. Are you even interested in my reasoning at all?
That's not what I'm arguing
I'm arguing you're posting a lot but it's mostly just active posting to keep up appearances and fluffy
The length the game has been open is irrelevant
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Lady 4 »

G3 pls talk more about Lady 8 she's like universally townread
A dissenting opinion is interesting
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:18 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 385, Lady 6 wrote:299 was the post that had me town reading Ghost (L8) due to the careful consideration in weighing the different gentlemen

it's not actually too necessary for her to do given she'll get an invite no matter what, but I think the effort put into it is genuine and shows she cares about producing a pro-town pairing
I think your interpretation is off. That post doesn't read to me like a careful consideration of options when it comes to gentlemen; I see it more as just a readslist on every gentleman who had posted at the time. That distinction might seem meaningless to you, but I think it matters for the point you're making—a careful consideration of which gentleman would result in the most pro-town pairing I might consider town-indicative, but viewed as a simple readslist that point goes away. In fact, in my experience I've found that readslists structured in a manner that take effort to mention every single player (or at least every player that has posted so far) often come from scum forcing themselves to give reads.

This isn't to say that I take that post as being hugely scum-indicative, or even all that moderately scum-indicative. I just disagree with your interpretation of it as a major point towards Lady 8 being town.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Lady 7 »

G3.Sherlock coming in with that big town energy.
I really like the L8.Ghost scum read, he follows up on it saying "ah fuck why are they being town read" which gives me good town vibes. Although I have the bias of town reading the old pre replacement G3.

G6.chaos is giving me the same vibes the old G6 was giving me of "look at this scum fuck people are going to town read"
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Lady 7 »

G3.Sherlock what is your read on G6? Right now he is my only scum read and I kind of want him to face the instant death.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Although, while I'm on the subject and while I have the quote right here, I could make an argument for this being scum indicative:
In post 390, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 385, Lady 6 wrote:299 was the post that had me town reading Ghost (L8) due to the careful consideration in weighing the different gentlemen

it's not actually too necessary for her to do given she'll get an invite no matter what, but I think the effort put into it is genuine and shows she cares about producing a pro-town pairing
"This thread is sorta hard to read through. I'm just gonna ISO the men and find my favourite cause that's more important atm!" <- my exact thought process

I do want the right one but also I felt like i was gonna be overwhelmed if I tried to do a full reread. So I just focused on the picking a mate part. Really I need to consolidate some feelings towards the ladies too.
It could easily be said that the mindset of finding the best dance partner is plainly more likely to come from scum rather than town, who might be more focused simply on figuring people out and then thinking about dance partners.

Of course, one could easily counter this by saying that Lady 8 talking about this mindset in the first place is towny given that she's being honest about something that might be considered scummy, but that's getting into WIFOM, which I don't care to go too deep into.

Again, not a hige point, just trying to talk more to get myself into the game and because I was asked to elaborate on this scumread.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 718, Lady 7 wrote:G3.Sherlock what is your read on G6? Right now he is my only scum read and I kind of want him to face the instant death.
The artist formerly known as Scarf? I haven't gotten to his replacement yet in my readthrough. As for the first Scarf, I'm not sure I agree that his being new was faked. Just in general complex plots like that happen far less likely than people imagine, and specifically when it comes to him I could easily see his posts coming from a new player.

As a side note, I'm not sure if I should say this or not, but you were the quickest identity to figure out. You've got a "verbal" tic that's unique on the site that manifested itself fairly quickly. Sorry, I can't resist bragging.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

I think it's productive to discuss which of the gentlemen we want to leave behind at this point. I liked Sherlock 3s entrance and I've been town reading teenisg4. Gorilla boy g7 is my least town gentleman read at the moment.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 720, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 718, Lady 7 wrote:G3.Sherlock what is your read on G6? Right now he is my only scum read and I kind of want him to face the instant death.
The artist formerly known as Scarf? I haven't gotten to his replacement yet in my readthrough. As for the first Scarf, I'm not sure I agree that his being new was faked. Just in general complex plots like that happen far less likely than people imagine, and specifically when it comes to him I could easily see his posts coming from a new player.

As a side note, I'm not sure if I should say this or not, but you were the quickest identity to figure out. You've got a "verbal" tic that's unique on the site that manifested itself fairly quickly. Sorry, I can't resist bragging.
Interesting, I knew I had one of those and I also noticed myself doing it in this game. I am just surprised someone was observant enough to both identify it on my main and in this game.

Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 720, Gentleman 3 wrote:As a side note, I'm not sure if I should say this or not, but you were the quickest identity to figure out. You've got a "verbal" tic that's unique on the site that manifested itself fairly quickly. Sorry, I can't resist bragging.
It is extremely likely you will figure out who I am as well.

But that's okay~

I haven't followed this game at all until now, just wanted to brag about how town my prior owner's replace-out was before lunch, I'll nose-grindstone read it nao that I'm here.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I have a decent guess as to who you are.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”