Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 813, Lady 5 wrote:Gentleman 6, who do you want to pair with?
I see this and am explicitly choosing to not answer it quite yet.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

I think that people are ignoring Gentleman 6 as a potential option for being left out, and that they are doing so only because he is posting as opposed to G2 and G7, who have largely disappeared. Unless people are reading him primarily from his predecessor, I don't think that anything Gentleman 6 has posted so far elevates him all that much.
In post 815, Lady 4 wrote:I can't really grasp G3's argument for Ghost 8 scum. It moreso seems like he just disagrees with reasons for her being townread (he's admitted as much)
Let me be clear:
what I've posted
so far has mainly been disagreeing with townreads. Not entirely, but mainly. That does not mean that my scumread is based only on disagreeing with townreads, merely that I have not said that much in support of myself yet.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 816, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 808, Lady 4 wrote:I don't understand this
You're saying I'm just posting to keep up appearances. While it's possible that I might be scum doing that, what makes you think that I'm not just town who has been posting the reads and thoughts I do have?
Tone and vibes
I can't explain it more than that
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 826, Gentleman 3 wrote:Let me be clear: what I've posted so far has mainly been disagreeing with townreads. Not entirely, but mainly. That does not mean that my scumread is based only on disagreeing with townreads, merely that I have not said that much in support of myself yet.
But why?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

G3 why do you think G6 is scummy?
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

I'd rather not be stuck with G2 or G7 fyi
I'd like to actually play this game and I feel semi-confident those two will be taken out rapidly
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 817, Lady 5 wrote:What do you consider scum indicative? Because I agree, sort of, with what you’re saying here. I think those things are generally NAI unless there are meta based reasons to think they are. As this is anon, I think they’re more towards AI than normal. I do think that they skew more towards scum though (or at least that not having reads does)
There's not an awful lot that's objectively scummy in the early game. Probably the biggest thing aside from meta is having a TMI read and then tripping over yourself trying to explain it. I don't generally try to seek out scumtells in the early days because mostly what I end up finding is noise. Looking for towntells is much more reliable.

As for those behaviors, the thing is they're all so easy to avoid. It's not hard to take stances as scum. So it becomes a matter of do scum want to appear as though they don't have a lot of reads? And often they don't, because they want to advance their agenda and they want to look towny and not useless.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 625, Gentleman 7 wrote:
I ask Lady 6 to the dance.

Definitely the cutest, most honorable and townie looking lady.
In post 666, Gentleman 7 wrote:I'm gonna start playing from this point on and not read back btw
What made you choose Lady 6? She wasn't posting at the same time as you when you invited her.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 824, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 823, Lady 1 wrote:G7 lock town
Why am I so high on your list?
It's more the others are worse than you are better.
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

The G6 ISO is not great
The first occupant of the slot confuses things though
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 827, Lady 4 wrote:Tone and vibes
I can't explain it more than that
That's totally fair. Just make sure that the gutread doesn't bias you later in the game when there are more concrete things to work with.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

You're assuming I'm gonna let you live until later in the game :P
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 833, Lady 1 wrote:It's more the others are worse than you are better.
I suspect your negative read on me may be because I am not willing to trust you. Is this right or is there more to it?

pedit: :lol:
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

it's impossible to tell anyone's alignment from the pre-dance. Everyone with strong opinions at the moment are either arrogant or lying. I don't plan on focusing on trying to make any sort of claim that I know anything until we can start voting. I thought that was obvious. Or apparently there are some oracles among us.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

I like a Lady 5/Gent 8 pair more and more if they are both amenable to that

it's entirely up to gent 8 in the end though
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 836, Lady 4 wrote:You're assuming I'm gonna let you live until later in the game :P
It's not like you can make me die on your own.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 838, Gentleman 7 wrote:it's impossible to tell anyone's alignment from the pre-dance. Everyone with strong opinions at the moment are either arrogant or lying. I don't plan on focusing on trying to make any sort of claim that I know anything until we can start voting. I thought that was obvious. Or apparently there are some oracles among us.
yeah but you gotta give some sort of evidence that you'll be a good dance partner or worthwhile to have around
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

Argh, I have to run. I’ll be back in an hour or so I think — L6 I’d really like to talk to you more before you accept the proposal from G3
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 842, Lady 5 wrote:Argh, I have to run. I’ll be back in an hour or so I think — L6 I’d really like to talk to you more before you accept the proposal from G3
I'll hold off for now, though I do plan on accepting.

What specifically did you want to talk about?
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 838, Gentleman 7 wrote:it's impossible to tell anyone's alignment from the pre-dance. Everyone with strong opinions at the moment are either arrogant or lying. I don't plan on focusing on trying to make any sort of claim that I know anything until we can start voting. I thought that was obvious. Or apparently there are some oracles among us.
You're just gonna make people want to kill you more with this kind of posting
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 832, Gentleman 5 wrote:What made you choose Lady 6? She wasn't posting at the same time as you when you invited her.
Tsundere's like Lady 6 are the spice of life, the apple of my eye. They may be a cruel mistress to deny me, but I will not turn away.
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 838, Gentleman 7 wrote:it's impossible to tell anyone's alignment from the pre-dance.
What do you mean by this? It's impossible to be certain, or it's impossible to be correct with a certain degree of accuracy, or it's impossible to be better than random at all?
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 837, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 833, Lady 1 wrote:It's more the others are worse than you are better.
I suspect your negative read on me may be because I am not willing to trust you. Is this right or is there more to it?

pedit: :lol:
I'm not egotistical enough to base a read because of how you view me. In fact, I can really care less how you or anyone else views me in the game. So there's more to it than that.
Doesn't know how to dance
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 828, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 826, Gentleman 3 wrote:Let me be clear: what I've posted so far has mainly been disagreeing with townreads. Not entirely, but mainly. That does not mean that my scumread is based only on disagreeing with townreads, merely that I have not said that much in support of myself yet.
But why?
Timing, mainly. I've been focused so far on catching up on the thread, trying to get a rough impression of everyone and elaborating loosely on any thoughts that might come up. I only went deeper into the Lady 8 scumread because I was asked too, and it was convenient to quote the post at the point that I was reading through. You're all posting about a half a page for every time I start one of these posts, so you'll understand if right now I'm trying to keep things somewhat brief.

There is also the fact that I'd prefer to wait, solidify my read and write up something more substantial as opposed to going all in, especially at a point where we can't even vote.
In post 829, Lady 5 wrote:G3 why do you think Scarf (G6) is scummy?
Ha, I thought someone might ask this. I don't scumread Scarf, I just think that people are excluding him from consideration without very strong reasons. Of the three gentleman who seem the most likely to get left out (2, 6 and 7), I think they're all roughly equal.

That being said, recent events don't point in his favor for me. Lady 6 had a point that I agreed with as to Gentleman 2 perhaps being more likely town, and I think that Gentleman 7's recent post probably leans slightly town.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 826, Gentleman 3 wrote:I think that people are ignoring Gentleman 6 as a potential option for being left out, and that they are doing so only because he is posting as opposed to G2 and G7, who have largely disappeared. Unless people are reading him primarily from his predecessor, I don't think that anything Gentleman 6 has posted so far elevates him all that much.
In post 815, Lady 4 wrote:I can't really grasp G3's argument for Ghost 8 scum. It moreso seems like he just disagrees with reasons for her being townread (he's admitted as much)
Let me be clear:
what I've posted
so far has mainly been disagreeing with townreads. Not entirely, but mainly. That does not mean that my scumread is based only on disagreeing with townreads, merely that I have not said that much in support of myself yet.
I don't disagree that my ISO is fairly null at present.

I'm reacting "in the moment" while I do a slow re-read of the game before my replace-in.

Trying to leverage my prior owner's replace-out post to get reactions was really the only tool I had for immediate use.

There will be more later, although just from my replace in, I will concur in townreads on your slot.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”