Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

Lady 3 would have been my only other consideration for an invitation but luckily she is taken already so that I have no distraction for the belle of the ball, my sweet lady, the lovely, radiant, and sassy lady 6.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 896, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 894, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 892, Gentleman 2 wrote:Scum wants to pair up as soon as possible. Gent 5 or Gent 9 comes into mind.
This depends on how comfortable scum are and we don't really know the answer to that. If you're a confident scum player and think you can pair up by being townie you don't need to pair up asap considering it will bring eyes to you. And that's not even considering the ladies although I do think there's some merit in the ladies to try and wait out pairings, but since this hasn't happened I had nothing to trap people with. A shame
It's best to be quick to pair up because the longer you take, the higher the chance of being left out
Obviously, that goes without saying. But using that to argue that it makes the early gents more wolfy isn't a good idea imo. Because it depends on the player in question and since we have no idea who they are we can't really use that kind of statement.
Doesn't know how to dance
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 896, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 894, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 892, Gentleman 2 wrote:Scum wants to pair up as soon as possible. Gent 5 or Gent 9 comes into mind.
This depends on how comfortable scum are and we don't really know the answer to that. If you're a confident scum player and think you can pair up by being townie you don't need to pair up asap considering it will bring eyes to you. And that's not even considering the ladies although I do think there's some merit in the ladies to try and wait out pairings, but since this hasn't happened I had nothing to trap people with. A shame
It's best to be quick to pair up because the longer you take, the higher the chance of being left out
There's also that if they pair up asap they get the best ladies and won't be primary subjects to scrutinity when left out gent flips town.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 695, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 676, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 673, Lady 2 wrote:And L4, why G2? He's barely done anything.
Exactly. Other gentlemen have been better.
Quantity is not synonym to alignment. Quality is what matters.
You haven't done anything I'd describe as "quality"

Your posting has barely been related to the game at hand
In post 703, Lady 8 wrote:Main thing I'm wondering about it, does scum Gent 2 feel the need to randomly go after Gent 4? My first impression is it's like just some gut read he had. But I'll need him to explain more of course
It wouldn't be random, remember that one gentleman must be left out at the end of the current phase
In post 712, Gentleman 3 wrote:I suppose I should post my thoughts more intermittently as I'm catching up rather than simply dumping them all at once. I've set up a few of my own word replacement nicknames, so apologies if a nickname I use isn't the consensus nickname.

Gentleman 4 (Tennis / Soccer)'s intro struck me as fairly awkward and scummy, but later on I felt that his posting improved. Specifically, his introduction talking about his internet and lack of any gut reads felt like a forced attempt to fit in, but later his point in I thought was a fairly decent observation.

Gentleman 1 (Sans)'s read in was a minor one but one that I feel reflected well on him for making the read in the first place. As I said, minor, but the rest of his posts so far give me no reason to doubt a town lean on him.

Other assorted townreads on Lady 7, Lady 3, and Lady 6 (Seal).

Lady 8's struck me as a scumpost like few posts ever tend to do. Along with which I find tonally scummy, she's likely my top suspect for scum so far.
In post 713, Gentleman 3 wrote:I'm somewhat surprised to see people townreading both Lady 1 and Lady 8, much less call one of them . I can't say I agree.

Given my read on Lady 8 it pained me slightly to see Gentleman 5's introduction, but I think that he might lean closer to town than scum for me despite his partner and immediate pairing.
I think her posting looks better in places beyond that point. But yes there's room for suspicion, I don't regret my choice though
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 898, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 895, Gentleman 7 wrote:Lady 1. Strongly held opinions with flimsy reason to be convinced. Overcompensating for rolling scum or bad at mafia.
In post 526, Lady 1 wrote:The fact I can't tell if Lady 7 is joking or now terrifies me
This post pings me negatively.

Not going to be my dance partner!
A) Wasn't gonna dance with you anyway
B) Super ironic
Bless your heart, my lady.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

So gent 4 and gent 5 are the scum
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

I will be very sad if you are a wolf Gent 7. You do not have my heart but you do have my support
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 721, Gentleman 9 wrote:I think it's productive to discuss which of the gentlemen we want to leave behind at this point. I liked Sherlock 3s entrance and I've been town reading teenisg4. Gorilla boy g7 is my least town gentleman read at the moment.
My take: Gentleman 7 has a good chance of being abrasive town, because the way they're acting isn't conductive to getting a dance partner and perhaps his team would be telling him to do otherwise
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Which ladies would voluntarily reject all gentlemen so we can have a higher number of lynches?
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

I think I want Gent 2 to stay because he believes what he's saying even if I don't agree with it and that's the important part.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 906, Lady 1 wrote:I will be very sad if you are a wolf Gent 7. You do not have my heart but you do have my support
Then please grant me one favor, my lady 1, and let lady 6 know that she may risk an interesting dance with me, of course, but that I will never let her reputation be soiled should she accept my earnest and well-intentioned invitation.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Funnily enough, I just realized that I don't like any of the pairs we have so far.
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 839, Lady 6 wrote:I like a Lady 5/Gent 8 pair more and more if they are both amenable to that

it's entirely up to gent 8 in the end though
I was thinking the same thing
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Gents 6 and 8 still must be paired up, so it leaves Gents 2, 3, 4 and 7. We need three brave ladies.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Gent 5 and Gent 9 being scum might really complicate things up.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 897, Lady 1 wrote:It's you who didn't talk about my argument all you really did was say how you're not setting yourself up for lategame and at that point I can see/let go. But that wasn't the crux of my argument that you haven't proven false. I also openly said one of the main things I need to see depends on later in the game so you saying 'it doesn't make sense' isn't even close to the case.

Having options and setting up lynches is 2 entirely different things as well.
I don't think setting up options is even the play, you have to play stuff like this one at a time.
But I guess I can't prove to you what I think good scum play is.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 897, Lady 1 wrote:It's you who didn't talk about my argument all you really did was say how you're not setting yourself up for lategame and at that point I can see/let go. But that wasn't the crux of my argument that you haven't proven false. I also openly said one of the main things I need to see depends on later in the game so you saying 'it doesn't make sense' isn't even close to the case.

Having options and setting up lynches is 2 entirely different things as well.
I don't think setting up options is even the play, you have to play stuff like this one at a time.
But I guess I can't prove to you what I think good scum play is.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 911, Gentleman 3 wrote:Funnily enough, I just realized that I don't like any of the pairs we have so far.
Do you mind if I ask which side of each pair is the unlikable bit? Or is it something inherent to the union itself?
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Why not g3
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

Lady 6 don't break my friend Gent 7s heart. You should dance with him
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Gent 4, gent 5 and gent 9. At least one of them should be a hit unless we have three furies ladies.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 919, Lady 1 wrote:Lady 6 don't break my friend Gent 7s heart. You should dance with him
I unironically support this btw
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I don't get why G7.Gorilla is being town read.
Can someone explain that to me?

Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

Gentleman 8, my prince, as your humble servant I must ask that you make your choice from the remaining ladies. It would be unseemly for you to leave us before the dance or worse, be paired with the riff raff.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 666, Gentleman 7 wrote:I'm gonna start playing from this point on and not read back btw
out of interest, how did you figure lady 6 was the towniest of town players that ever towned if you didn't read back?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”