Micro 960: A Year of Miccros II - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok.

VOTE: dsj
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 945, Miccro Mask wrote:enough people have done things that I think make them town that I just wanna use PoE and flip slots that don’t make me feel that way
Elimination by PoE is a pretty good way to end up mislynching townies that aren't playing well and not as useful for catching scum imo.

I think your aggro playstyle in coalition was a lot more protown and easier to follow.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 941, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 938, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 933, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 903, Alduskkel wrote:Like what's actually worth reading?
I don't understand why you are paranoid about DonC's masked nature - like why do you think that's a gambit and what does he have to gain from the gambit?
I don't think it's a gambit after what the mod posted
I'm asking why you thought it was a gambit in the first place
Exploring possibilities + raising doubt about it means that DC isn't confirmed as vanilla which helps town PRs hide
In post 949, the worst wrote:fwiw I agree with this at a certain level, but I feel like there's value in sorting in {Pooky,Aldus} given the anti synergy they have this game.
I can tell you're not familiar with how Coalition went. :giggle:
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by DkKoba »

who cares abt pr or not pr just fking scumhunt lol
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

the best utility a PR has is to be semiclear to be honest.
retired
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 953, DkKoba wrote:who cares abt pr or not pr just fking scumhunt lol
can everyone sig quote this so sitewide town winrate goes up 10%
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:45 pm

In post 952, Alduskkel wrote:Exploring possibilities + raising doubt about it means that DC isn't confirmed as vanilla which helps town PRs hide
so you weren't suspicious about DC-scum faking a mask-role, you were just trying to raise doubt in order to help hide the townie PRs?

In other words you wanted scum to think it was possible that DC was actually a PR that faked being a masked-vanilla in order to hide his PR-Nature and thus you expressed paranoia?

Just want to make sure I understand your plan correctly.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

how many votes is dsj at. i didnt count i just know i didnt hammer lol
retired
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by the worst »

i made you an avi if u want it

Miccro Mask
Miccro Mask
Goon
Miccro Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Miccro Mask »

In post 948, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:its not completely implausible that DonC is just too rage-mad at you that he can't do any actual scumhunting so I want to see if we can re-direct his energy off the "lets just policy kill koba" thing and do some useful stuff cuz I can at least get a better read on him when he's
trying
to find scum. I think I have a pretty good handle on his thought process from when he was playing coalition.
Nah, it’s more like I already have done my townhunting and am basically ready to end the day once skitter and datisi chime in again

Given that I’ve already done that, and nothing is happening/has happened to significantly affect my TRs, I just want to get a flip outside them and proceed into D2

Like I’ve increasingly realised that in this site there is a fetishisation of “using the entire day” that’s just like, often very unnecessary
Miccro Mask
Miccro Mask
Goon
Miccro Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Miccro Mask »

In post 958, the worst wrote:i made you an avi if u want it

I LOVE IT
Miccro Mask
Miccro Mask
Goon
Miccro Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Miccro Mask »

Someone tell koba that dsjstr is at E-2
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 956, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 952, Alduskkel wrote:Exploring possibilities + raising doubt about it means that DC isn't confirmed as vanilla which helps town PRs hide
so you weren't suspicious about DC-scum faking a mask-role, you were just trying to raise doubt in order to help hide the townie PRs?

In other words you wanted scum to think it was possible that DC was actually a PR that faked being a masked-vanilla in order to hide his PR-Nature and thus you expressed paranoia?

more or less yeah
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Miccro Mask
Miccro Mask
Goon
Miccro Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Miccro Mask »

Also mention that they’re an idiot
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by the worst »

excuse me, dkko, um, I have a message from miccro mask
Miccro Mask
Miccro Mask
Goon
Miccro Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Miccro Mask »

In post 951, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 945, Miccro Mask wrote:enough people have done things that I think make them town that I just wanna use PoE and flip slots that don’t make me feel that way
Elimination by PoE is a pretty good way to end up mislynching townies that aren't playing well and not as useful for catching scum imo.

I think your aggro playstyle in coalition was a lot more protown and easier to follow.
Unfortunately for you, I don’t play the same way every game

Also we literally lost the game from that lol

I generally adapt how I’m playing to the circumstances and this feels like a PoE type of game because it has a sufficient number of players capable of towntelling
Miccro Mask
Miccro Mask
Goon
Miccro Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Miccro Mask »

In post 948, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think I have a pretty good handle on his thought process from when he was playing coalition.
I am legit very interested to see if this turns out to be right though. I feel very few people on site have this
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

hey gamers im finallly compiling my case on obvscum miccro <3 . <3 expect it within the next 2 hours as long as i dont get sidetracked
retired
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:49 pm

@micro mask I'm very interested in hearing what you think of Aldus's admission that his "paranoia" regarding you was actually just faked in order to try to "hide town PRs" by marking you as a possible town PR to expand the scum kill pool.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:51 pm

I'd welcome everybody else's thoughts on Aldus's explanation as well - does it sound like something a townie would plausibly think of? But specifically I want to hear your thoughts because you said his suspicion and paranoia of your masked-nature was a key reason why you townread his slot. Does this read change now that he has admitted that his paranoia was fake to begin with?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 962, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 956, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

more or less yeah
... given the heaviness of this plist who did you expect this to work on?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Heya is there anything important that's happened in the last 25 pages?

I kinda skimmed but i saw a lot of bickering so didnt really read all of it

Dats is my strongest tr
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 971, skitter30 wrote:a lot of bickering
this

maybe check aldus+pooky's joined iso for like the last 20 posts, I'm p interested to see how more people are vibing
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by the worst »

Dkko wants to kill DonCo but it's boring.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:10 pm

If you don't read any of my posts - I hope you read this one, it's long but worth it imo:

Why I do not believe Aldus Explanation:

Aldus's explanation of his "paranoia" about DonC's "masked nature" is that "Exploring possibilities + raising doubt about it means that DC isn't confirmed as vanilla which helps town PRs hide"

A) The Assumption here is that the scum have looked at the masked game and now know DonC is a vanilla townie based off his role and this narrows the room for the NKs to be in in looking for power-roles - it's not clear the scum have done that much research or thought of this. It's also not clear if DonC is even a townie to begin with - he could just be mafia in which case the scum know the Masked role is not a PR.

B) Instead of "exploring" and keeping the possibility open that DonC is not forced into the mask by the mod and actually did it on his own and thus could be a power role - Aldus's questions to the moderator actually make this possibility certainly impossible - basically confirming for the scum if they are not DonC that DonC is definitely a townie if he is not scum since his role is from that vanilla game.

C) Picture yourself getting dealt a protown power role, now you decide to hide your identity as a power role by going to the moderator and asking for a change to your username in game to "Miccro Mask" in order to pretend you are a vanilla townie - how is this a good idea? What if a tracker tracks your movement and sees you did an action at night and now the tracker thinks you are mafia from that game? What if another player got dealt vanilla townie in that game and then opens up on you immediately on day 1? What do you say at that point? oops I'm actually a protown power role from ANOTHER game and I decided to fake being from this vanilla game in order to throw the mafia off my tracks? Like who would believe this? Literally one of the easiest lynches ever if you are ever caught out and hence why the downside far outweighs any potential gain.

4) In case he is right that some protown power role did do this (which I find unlikely as hell) why would he call them out on it and spotlight it for the scum? That side of the move also does not make sense.

5) I honestly find it highly unlikely that Aldus actually had originally thought of this because it's such a ridiculous play for a protown power role to make - I think he made this up after he got called out by me for his paranoia because it doesn't make any sense. Now he's saying it's actually fake paranoia for a different alternate protown purpose, but just think for a second how difficult it would be to believe that a protown power role would decide to hide themselves in a different vanilla game by telling the moderator to change the participation account from their account to a masked account in the pregame immediately after roles are dealt out - like would anyone believe that a power role would do this? I don't think so and I don't see how it's reasonable for Aldus to think this is possible either.

Conclusion: Aldus's paranoia of Micro Mask's "Masked Nature" in the early stages of the game did not make sense - he now admits it was faked in order to confuse the scum - his explanation does not make sense for the reasons I highlighted below. I think it's very possible that if we feed Aldus some rope today he will flip red.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”