Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

The only thing I fear is how good I am at this game and aliens.
Doesn't know how to dance
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 1725, Gentleman 3 wrote:What is the specific reason to believe that I personally (as opposed to any other replacement) am scum who replaced in with prefabricated thoughts?
also fwiw, if someone else's reads were pretty much entirely based on stuff that had happened before they replaced in, i wouldn't give much credence to their catch-up either beyond unconventional stuff that i look for i guess

i'm not exactly singling you out here, you just replaced into a slot i had zero read on before (as opposed to, say, lady 3) and the reads you've given so far aren't exactly based on current happenings (as opposed to, say, gentleman 6)
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

Hi Lady 8!

Can you talk about your read on me please? Looking through your ISO you've hedged a lot on my slot and I'm curious if you have any significant thoughts about my slot / my pairing
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1736, Gentleman 5 wrote: I agree with almost everything she is saying, to the point where I'd be making the same points (or have/do later)
That makes it very hard for me to see her as scum. I've been liking all of her recent posting.

You're probably paranoid of me because you think I'd be defending my dance partner as scum here.

As of right now, If I had to draw a hard line for my top 3 townreads, it's You, Lady 8, and Lady 3 - that is the level of confidence I am at currently. I'm still keeping her in consideration - that's my duty to do so, and I don't think she'd appreciate if I didn't put in effort to solve her
I feel relatively comfortable with you and if you want to defend L8.Ghost this much then I'll trust you.
This isn't a line of reasoning I can particularly engage with given it has to do with synchronization with you and not me.

All I can hope for is you are right or can correct yourself down the line.

As scum obviously you'd want to defend your partner, but I am not going to hold that line of reasoning against someone I town read lol.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

If G5 wants me to town read his partner, then I guess I will.
I have to start this game somewhere.

I am going to head off to bed, I wish you all luck o7
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I didn't know l7blue was townreading g5boromir

was it always that way?

if I influenced even one person with my opening posts i'd be ecstatic
but I thought I remember him being read by people as like 10 nulls 2 towns 1 scumread

In a way it is more confident for me than anything else I think I've figured out this game
I think
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

The person I want to read the most is Gent 9 because it's pretty obvious L3 is town but I don't want people to shade Gent 9 so we ML him so I will come to my own answer and let no one else change my mind or face my fury.
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

Why is it obvious I'm town?
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1745, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1742, Lady 7 wrote:I don't want to hard defend someone all game and end up being wrong when people are telling me not to do it. It isn't making me think he is scum but it's making me think I should just depend on another pair and leave at some point so I can feel guilt free regarding this games result.
Unfortunately, if everyone feels this way it's not much of a game, now is it?
Damn I really felt that Lady 7. It's like when you're in a XYLO scenario and you know where what the dead town would want you to vote, but your heart is elsewhere. But you don't want to upset them if you're wrong
Lady 6 wrote:Hi Lady 8!

Can you talk about your read on me please? Looking through your ISO you've hedged a lot on my slot and I'm curious if you have any significant thoughts about my slot / my pairing
Hi Seal Lady 6! Yup I'm in full uncertainty mode on you. I don't have much of a read on your more recent posting, im sorry I dont have much

I think your endgame pair picks (G9/L3 + G1/L7) are decent, although i think I like my own pairing and possibly L1/G6 for consideration as well, I don't quite have G9 and G1 as high as you I take it
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

i can't wait to see how the Lady 1 Gent 6 relationship develops
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1754, Lady 7 wrote:If G5 wants me to town read his partner, then I guess I will.
I have to start this game somewhere.

I am going to head off to bed, I wish you all luck o7
Well I'd also like for you to tell me if you think I'm wrong

The Original premise was to bounce ideas off of me... fine with you trusting me on Ghosty 8 right now though
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1758, Lady 8 wrote:Hi Seal Lady 6! Yup I'm in full uncertainty mode on you. I don't have much of a read on your more recent posting, im sorry I dont have muchI think your endgame pair picks (G9/L3 + G1/L7) are decent, although i think I like my own pairing and possibly L1/G6 for consideration as well, I don't quite have G9 and G1 as high as you I take it
That's fine! I wouldn't expect you to have much of a read on my more recent stuff. I think most of my AI stuff was earlier in the game. I was just curious if anything had developed on me.

I like L1/G6 decent enough, my only problem is sorting out G6. His tone is pleasant enough; I just get queasy whenever I try to town bin him. Do you have specific reasons for town reading him?

I also almost included you and G5 in my end game pairs, but you are the slot that holds me back on that. Scrolling through your ISO, I find it very hard to figure out what your opinions are on things. Your posts are pleasant enough to read on their own but the way you state your reads is incredibly hedgey and non-comital. Without going through your posts again, I can't really remember what your strongest reads are besides the ones you just mentioned. I don't mean that so much as an attack because it could totally just be a me thing not absorbing your posts in the right way, and your style might just be hedgey in general. But I'm struggling to find much town about your hedginess even though your tone makes me want to believe you're town.

What would you say are your strongest takes/reads as of right now? I don't need you to make anything up if you don't have much I just want to know what is at the top of your mind when you think about this game.

Also, why are you in full uncertainty mode about me? Is it like a "there's town and scum here" or a "nothing AI here" deal?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1748, Lady 7 wrote:I guess you aren't wrong on this.
Be the change you want to see in the world!
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1758, Lady 8 wrote:and possibly L1/G6 for consideration as well
Due to her, me, or both?

I don't think I've seen you unpack a read on me besides "He's maybe town but could be fooling me hard", unless I missed a major post from you?

The evolution of your read on me best I can tell was starting slightly south of the border and moving up at a snail's pace over the past 24 hours.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1761, Lady 6 wrote:I just get queasy
Not my intention, but I don't think directly engaging you on this is going to change your feelings on the matter. If you feel otherwise, let me know.

I feel like this game is a major mish-mash of play styles and finding your ideological twins is going to be an important part of the game state as time goes on... even if those players are not your dance partner. Or in some cases, especially because they aren't.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1764, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1761, Lady 6 wrote:I just get queasy
Not my intention, but I don't think directly engaging you on this is going to change your feelings on the matter. If you feel otherwise, let me know.

I feel like this game is a major mish-mash of play styles and finding your ideological twins is going to be an important part of the game state as time goes on... even if those players are not your dance partner. Or in some cases, especially because they aren't.
I feel like I can't get what I need from you in the pre-dance. I want to see how you vote and where you push
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

That's a fair sentiment.

I think getting to that phase of the game is what almost everyone is waiting for.

I will say that as I've said before, Dancegames are best approached IMO from townblocking and not scumhunting.

Sorry if I end up disappointing you on that!
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

I tend to agree with the townblocking > scumhunting, even in normal games

but there's still something to be said for watching how people react to pressure and wagons and I feel like there's a few slots that just talking to isn't going to get me much at this stage
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In 13 or more players, yeah. In micros, nah.

My ideal town block size is 6 in a 16-20 player game... But in this case it has to be a specific six, which is to say, three pairs and that makes it way harder.

Here's hoping we mosey on along to the next phase of the game soon (I'd love to wake up to it).... and then we can shake that out.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by Gentleman 7 »

Bye guys
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Do you intend to just tuxedo mask yourself away..?
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1761, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 1758, Lady 8 wrote:Hi Seal Lady 6! Yup I'm in full uncertainty mode on you. I don't have much of a read on your more recent posting, im sorry I dont have muchI think your endgame pair picks (G9/L3 + G1/L7) are decent, although i think I like my own pairing and possibly L1/G6 for consideration as well, I don't quite have G9 and G1 as high as you I take it
That's fine! I wouldn't expect you to have much of a read on my more recent stuff. I think most of my AI stuff was earlier in the game. I was just curious if anything had developed on me.

I like L1/G6 decent enough, my only problem is sorting out G6. His tone is pleasant enough; I just get queasy whenever I try to town bin him. Do you have specific reasons for town reading him?

I also almost included you and G5 in my end game pairs, but you are the slot that holds me back on that. Scrolling through your ISO, I find it very hard to figure out what your opinions are on things. Your posts are pleasant enough to read on their own but the way you state your reads is incredibly hedgey and non-comital. Without going through your posts again, I can't really remember what your strongest reads are besides the ones you just mentioned. I don't mean that so much as an attack because it could totally just be a me thing not absorbing your posts in the right way, and your style might just be hedgey in general. But I'm struggling to find much town about your hedginess even though your tone makes me want to believe you're town.

What would you say are your strongest takes/reads as of right now? I don't need you to make anything up if you don't have much I just want to know what is at the top of your mind when you think about this game.

Also, why are you in full uncertainty mode about me? Is it like a "there's town and scum here" or a "nothing AI here" deal?
Lady 1 is indeed the one I favour in that pair. At some points I had her just about at the top of my reads. Gent 6 I quite like in general too but I recall there being something of his I townread, I just do not exactly remember what. Oh! Gent 6 is scarf man! I townread scarfy. I know I townread something of Chaos Gent 6 but I cannot find it

That's okay. Gent 5 is very towny. I think my posts come off that way because I myself am not totally for certain on things. I townread probably too many and nullread where I should have scumreads. I would probably say I'd be more deliberate as scum (but I know that is impossible for others to know in the case of this game). It's not an issue with how you read my posts, though, that's for certain

The strongest reads I can muster, incoming!! Number one, Earth Lady 5 is town. I think she did not have to gun for the IC, but she did, and I don't see any scum motivation in that. From what I can recall she wasn't being pressured into it at all and she had other options, but she reached out to Gent 8 herself. Lady 1 I also extend this read to quite a bit -- she even edited her avatar for the occasion.

I get quite good feels from Lady 1 independent of that -- even the repeated openwolfy comments. I think the only scum possibly in her pairing would be Gent 6, I don't believe it'd be a duel scum pairing

Lady 3 replacement's entrance to the thread I felt was really good, she feels quite towny. I think the first Lady 3's side of the early game proposal was townier than Gent 9's side, but I overall lean town on it regardless.

Kind of in the midway of the game I started glossing over some of Lady 7's longer posts cause I already decided out of her pairing she is definitely town. The last few pages have done nothing to change my mind on that. I think her excessive paranoia takes from way earlier were genuine, same with like her recent thoughts on her own pairing (like )

Gent 3, I get where people are coming from where they say if he were following the game before joining, he could make some real-looking takes with ease. I still like him but I don't really know how to put into words why. Previously I thought there wasn't any scum motivation at all to lead with a big, new scumread on me. Though i guess it'd be helpful if the scumteam needs to cut out an additional pair like ours before XYLO, but that isnt how I read into it

The takes are getting weaker! Gent 5 is town. Gent 9 i lean town but need more -- Gent 9 and Gent 1 hover slightly over the rest

As for you, it's more just I don't have anything. I feel dumb but I like a lot of your takes but don't particularly know if you're town yet. I will say I quite appreciate you taking an interest in getting me to elaborate more, it's helping me out a lot too. Sorry if this wall is a bit weak to justify the size of it, though

I realized I was just supposed to put the strongest takes. I'm strongest on the L5/L7/L1/L3/G5 reads.
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:44 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

Thanks for writing all that, that was helpful

Why are you leaning town on G9?
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1640, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1637, Lady 4 wrote:What are you even getting at here
How does your read on G9 relate to Lilith's actions
Because L3 accepting the invitation hinged on G9 playing like town moving forward.
Which is an uncertainty L3 wouldn't need to risk that early on.
I feel like this is overthinking it
In post 1659, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1652, Gentleman 5 wrote:So what is your read on Gent 9, why do you have them as scum
I have held the belief the entrance comes from scum since the start of the game.
They have done nothing to make me reconsider this throughout the entire course of this game.

I don't think them in particular chiming in on my pairing being scum is town in the way L1 holds that belief.
They don't seem scared of the way I am controlling the thread or anything, they just scum read my pair and aren't doing anything about it.
It's just weird really, I couldn't tell you why he feels that way which is a huge problem to me.
Also if you SR G9 so hard we can just agree to disagree and work together to get rid of the pairing anyway
In post 1669, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1666, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1655, Gentleman 5 wrote:What are your reads?
At this point, I am trying to sort by pairs, and not solos. I'm working on a formalized reads list and then intend to denote which half of a pair I like better/worse... even though mechanically at this point it doesn't matter!

Since my last townreads list:
In post 1042, Gentleman 6 wrote:Guy 3 is town. (I suspect I both know who he is, and don't know who is is at the same time and it vexes me)
Guy 2 is town. (Is nobody going to address that he's playing so carefree he didn't even notice I'm not the player who was having issues, even though I explicitly made it a part of my opening moves)
Lady 5 is town. (Do I really need to explain this one?)

I have decided to add Lady 1 (tenative on PT sort), Lady 7 (Mostly for her early scumread of my slot's replaceout in post 336, amusingly enough), and Gentleman 1.

Most of those are from re-reading the part of the game that happened before I replaced in.

That gives me a town block that looks something like this (Assuming we see G2-L4):

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8

Gentleman 1
-
Lady 7

Gentleman 8
-
Lady 5

Gentleman 3
-
Lady 3

Gentleman 6
-
Lady 1

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2

Gentleman 2
-
Lady 4

Essentially, I don't think that "proper" scumhunting is all that productive right now. I'd rather just find three town-town pairs and mass-hemlock the rest. (And I am mostly including myself in the hemlocking, not the three)
OK. I'm scratching my head at you being unable to townread either of me or Ghosty 8, or Gent 9 and Lady 3
Why do you care about this?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:10 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I'm saying whatever comes to my mind, and I was asking Gent 6 about his reads because he was apparently feeling alienated

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”