Micro 959 - Greater Idea Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Fidget »

There's only one bullet in the gun. I'm using it today, a protective is not necessary.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

ahhh okay, well, you said you're going to shoot /tomorrow/ so i thought like... in-game tomorrow... okay. okay i get it now.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DoubleDare
DoubleDare
Townie
DoubleDare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by DoubleDare »

Oh my god day. It how sexy. Day iv wow

VOTE: unvote what do you mean it won’t effect our liminations?
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by Fidget »

When there's an even number of players, if someone gets killed during the day, that'll set it to odd.

Like this:

10 players -> eliminate + nightkill -> 8 players -> eliminate + nightkill -> 6 players -> eliminate + nightkill -> 4 players MYLO.
We get 4 eliminations, as 4 players left is MYLO.

However, if I shoot someone today, it gets set down to 9 players (the original setup)

9 players -> eliminate + nightkill -> 7 players -> eliminate + nightkill -> 5 players -> eliminate + nightkill -> 3 players XYLO.
We get 4 eliminations, but I got to shoot someone extra on D1 as well. So essentially if I shoot while we're on evens, we don't lose anything but we gain an extra shot at someone scummy.

If there's going to be multiple kills per night that complicates a bit but I still need to shoot at some point if there does happen to be a massive amount of scum. I would not want to lose this opportunity to getting NKed
DoubleDare
DoubleDare
Townie
DoubleDare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by DoubleDare »

Bitchin só who’s dead ?
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 273, Fidget wrote:I am very likely going to shoot Glitch tomorrow so do not worry about him. I think his flip will be particularly telling. I want you all to choose your second-favorite new wagon, it doesn't have to be NDMath but he's my preferred I think.
Oh! To clarify I meant IRL tomorrow, within the next twenty four hours. Apologies.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 279, DoubleDare wrote:Bitchin só who’s dead ?
I haven't fired yet, but it's going to be at Glitch. I want those wagoning him to switch to a new wagon, one we will actually eliminate. When it gains enough traction I'll off Glitch.
DoubleDare
DoubleDare
Townie
DoubleDare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by DoubleDare »

Bang bang baybe I knew you were town from the start
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

unvote

fair enough but wouldn't we want to have the info of glitch's role to help us figure out the next person to go after?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:12 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.6:

Glitch (3)
- Starbuck, NDMath, Not_Mafia
NDMath (2)
- Ydrasse, Fidget
Starbuck (1)
- Hectic
PookyTheMagicalBear (1)
- Raya36
Not_Mafia (1)
- Glitch

Not voting (2)
- DoubleDare, PookyTheMagicalBear

Day 1 ends at 9am BST on 4th August 2020. (expired on 2020-08-04 09:00:00). With 10 alive it takes 6 to eliminate.
Trans rights are human rights.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:32 pm

Post by Hectic »

One-shot Dayvig
One-shot Dayvig
Mafia One-shot Dayvig

Fidget can only be town or mafia now after she's confirmed to be a dayvig, so any cops should go on her.
Revealing her shot on day 1 is very protown though. You want to hang onto it for as long as possible as scum.

Fidget, I think Starbuck is scum because she lied about her alignment preference. Check the Starbuck/Nahdia PT from Lunacy for one. There's a few years old post too where she says 3p is her favourite alignment. I'll quote the posts when I'm off mobile.

Also, why would you shoot Glitch over Not_Mafia? I thought we agreed he's very above random chance scum.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:33 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Pookybear
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:55 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 244, Fidget wrote:I'm glad I got the DoubleDare stuff out, but realistically Not Mafia still has the greatest chance of flipping scum. Do you agree, Hectic?

I'll extend that to everyone. What are your reads on Not Mafia?
Pretty likely scum but glad the gamestate hasn't just been stalling on him.
In post 264, Hectic wrote:
In post 251, Fidget wrote:When I poked at NDMath, I didn't get a lot from his response to be honest. I think if Glitch is town, that makes NDMath scum. I lean vice versa as well.
This is a weird read. There can be multiple scum factions in this game.

Also, how dare you suggest you think I would pick a town role. I love scum with a passion and would instapick it in a game like this.
The way it's phrased is just saying that they think me/glitch aren't v/v.
Though you might have been interpreting what they meant rather than said?

In post 273, Fidget wrote:You know.. it's funny the game got put to evens during signups.
I am a dayvig, and I can shoot without affecting how many eliminations we have.

I am very likely going to shoot Glitch tomorrow so do not worry about him. I think his flip will be particularly telling. I want you all to choose your second-favorite new wagon, it doesn't have to be NDMath but he's my preferred I think.

VOTE: NDMath

Do not hammer anyone until after I've made my shot. I'll do it around when the most prominent wagon reaches L-1 or L-2. I will be online for most of tomorrow.
Shouldn't glitch's flip be affecting your read on me?

VOTE: Starbuck
I want to see hectic's case/quotes.

Also cops should go on someone who isn't gonna die tonight rather than fidget.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

Okay, now that I can sit in front of a monitor. Starting back at my last game post, if I miss something just point me to it.

In post 161, Hectic wrote:For each of the following options, what would you pick:

Mafia Goon or VT
Mafia Roleblocker or VT
Mafia Roleblocker or Town Roleblocker
Mafia Goon or Town Roleblocker
It depends on how many times I rolled VT in recent games (I roll it a ton) and the player list, but probably VT on the first and I'd probably take that Mafia RB on the second just to have something to contribute to the gamestate.

Town RB on the last 2 because I think backing up words with actions is important. Like I said before I prefer investigative/utility roles that can be helpful rather than only having my voice.
In post 162, Fidget wrote:What's the strongest town power role that got discarded?
I think Tracker or Doctor, depending on playstyle, is the strongest.

Good Lord on Glitch's 165. Overreaction much? Is he really defending setting someone up for failure? It's laughable and yeah, my vote isn't moving.
In post 165, Glitch wrote:Tell me your thoughts and feelings on bodyguard. What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it? Are there any feelings you have about playing bodyguard that are isolated feelings unattached to your chosen role, that would push you to discard bodyguard?
I actually already answered this in #130. Let me know if you need me to elaborate more after reading that.
In post 166, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Like there's literally no reason you would pick vanilla townie over PR - so obv if you discarded a PR, you must be a PR.
It should also be said that just because you discarded a Town PR that doesn't mean you're autoscum either. I'm pretty taken aback at that mentality and it's been a bit discouraging.
In post 167, NDMath wrote:Yeah. It'll take a lot for me to stop scumreading glitch.
:roll:
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 169, Raya36 wrote:Ok so bg is subjectively worse than doctor but in the end they're both town protective roles and they deserved the same amount of attention that Fidget and Glitch were giving doc.
Agreed. I saw you saying as such, but you didn't even make a move to question me. Just questioned them for not questioning me. If you felt this way, why didn't you pressure me?
In post 176, Fidget wrote:I meant for it to come off as, scum!Glitch would not rolefish. There is 0 need to rolefish when scum Glitch would already know Pooky is a strong PR / multiball scum. So people scumreading Glitch for rolefishing are just plain wrong.
Your surety on this is what gives me pause. You have been dead set that scum!Glitch wouldn't do this and scum!Glitch wouldn't do that and the fact that you aren't letting any chance of your opinion being wrong come into play (i.e. a little humility) is concerning.
In post 182, Raya36 wrote:I just honestly don't think it makes sense to scrutinize someone for not picking doc but completely ignore the person who discarded bg. And then when I brought it up they said they would discuss bg after the doc conversation, almost like they were caught being hypocritical.
Again, you could have started your own conversation questioning me but you didn't either. So why did you feel like you needed to wait for them?
In post 212, Raya36 wrote:I believe him about his preference of town and since he discarded a town role that means he had the option if choosing town. So unless he had a really cool scum role then he's probably just town.
So why is this okay about Ydrasse and not me or Pooky?
In post 256, Not_Mafia wrote:I don't like Glitch or Pooky
What about them?
In post 285, Hectic wrote:Fidget, I think Starbuck is scum because she lied about her alignment preference. Check the Starbuck/Nahdia PT from Lunacy for one. There's a few years old post too where she says 3p is her favourite alignment. I'll quote the posts when I'm off mobile.
Huh? I didn't lie and there's nothing in the thread with Nahdia that even says as such unless you're referring to this response: "That's lucky. I typically roll VT like 85-90% of the time" which is true. I do roll VT a ton. I just want to have something to do and contribute to the town, rather than being a human shield or yet another VT miselimination. I think it's lucky that she doesn't roll VT, not that she rolled scum for however long she said she did.

I have said that I prefer 3rd party/multiple affiliation games (maybe that's where your confusion is coming from) because we had a blast with those on the VA Board and here in the past with games run by Vi and Tarhandilur. On the VA Board, I got to be Thanos as an Independent in an Avengers game before it even came out as the real plot for the MCU. It was cool as shit. I do like a good game of multiball, but I don't think we have that here.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 287, NDMath wrote:VOTE: Starbuck
I want to see hectic's case/quotes.
I'll provide it myself if you'll knock off following this ridiculousness: This leads to my direct ISO in the Lunacy PT with Nahdia
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm not sure if Fidget is gambiting yet or not. If she thinks Glitch is scum. She should just shoot and call it a day rather than make a ransom of it.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 am

In post 285, Hectic wrote:Fidget can only be town or mafia now after she's confirmed to be a dayvig, so any cops should go on her.
Revealing her shot on day 1 is very protown though. You want to hang onto it for as long as possible as scum.
I don't think there's any chance a mafia day-vig would decide to reveal early and use their shot early. I put the odds of fidget being mafia at like less than .1% esp in a multi-ball game where the innocence gain from the day-vig actually makes her more of a target to the other groups that may exist in this game. I think a cop shot would be wasted on her.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:45 am

In post 285, Hectic wrote:Also, why would you shoot Glitch over Not_Mafia? I thought we agreed he's very above random chance scum.
i thought he was giving you tons of good info in the mason thread -.-
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Hectic »

Context is important, Starbuck. Nahdia said they've only been
town
once in the last couple of years - meaning they've rolled scum or tp in all of the other games.

You said that was lucky, meaning you like the idea of rolling scum/tp that often, and complained about rolling VT all the time.
In post 130, Starbuck wrote:
In post 84, Hectic wrote:hat about you? DO you prefer town or scum? Everyone should probably answer this question actually.
I prefer town, as I don't feel like I have to pick and choose my words or try to find holes in the words of someone who I know to be town. There's more freedom in being town than scum.
This post clearly doesn't fit that mindest, which means you're lying.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

I think that's disingenuous and you're inserting your own thoughts and intentions, especially because the only reason you'd pull that particular thread is because you modded that game.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 292, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 285, Hectic wrote:Fidget can only be town or mafia now after she's confirmed to be a dayvig, so any cops should go on her.
I don't think there's any chance a mafia day-vig would decide to reveal early and use their shot early. I put the odds of fidget being mafia at like less than .1% esp in a multi-ball game where the innocence gain from the day-vig actually makes her more of a target to the other groups that may exist in this game. I think a cop shot would be wasted on her.
I agree she's likely town but I wouldn't say .1%. More like 10% maybe. Scum aren't gonna target what they think is a town dayvig who have used their ability. They're gonna want to kill each other and other town PRs. I could see it as a gambit for towncred. There's a lot to be gained and little to be lost in checking and clearing her imo.
In post 293, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 285, Hectic wrote:Also, why would you shoot Glitch over Not_Mafia? I thought we agreed he's very above random chance scum.
i thought he was giving you tons of good info in the mason thread -.-
Yeah, but I think he's probably a Werewolf Mason now. He PT slipped earlier.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 295, Starbuck wrote:I think that's disingenuous and you're inserting your own thoughts and intentions, especially because the only reason you'd pull that particular thread is because you modded that game.
Could you explain how I should be interpreting it then?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 297, Hectic wrote:
In post 295, Starbuck wrote:I think that's disingenuous and you're inserting your own thoughts and intentions, especially because the only reason you'd pull that particular thread is because you modded that game.
Could you explain how I should be interpreting it then?
I think given your position as a mod in that game that you have a preconceived notion and you're twisting my intent to serve your purpose here. I think outside the game cases/meta are particularly distasteful for this reason. Why? Because it feels like you can't find something that I've done wrong here so you have to go to previous games and threads to reach for a case.

I am allowed think it's lucky that someone rolls something other than VT and not have it pertain to alignment. What concerns me is that you jumped to making assumptions and inserting what you think I meant instead of asking what I meant. You don't seem to want to take that into account, so now you're going to be like those other players that go down the rabbit meta hole and bring other threads into this game and distract from this current game instead of focusing on what's happening here.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Hectic »

Meta is Garbage is Garbage

When did this become a thing? I presume it came out as a reaction to the giant wave a few years back of everyone doing nothing but meta reads (which was also a bit daft) but I'd like to at least discuss some of my issues with the so-called meta issue that I see a lot.

First off, the 'people can change their meta' argument. To that I say, yes, and? People (scum) can game *any and every tell in the book* that's kind of the point of being good scum, doing whatever you can to appear town. Insomuch as I have a scum meta, it is to have it look as much like my town meta as possible, so, yeah, naturally players can and will and should do whatever they can to match metas, just as they should do it to affect any possible tell around. So the idea that scum will attempt to manipulate a tell applies equally across all tells, yeah? Unless the tell is actually objective (and the only ones I've personally found like that tend to be mechanic and voting based - so...y'know, stuff like setup spec and VCA that people *also* whine about. So, first off, this is a dumb complaint when someone uses meta as a tell.

"Meta is garbage!" This is another I hear a lot. I presume people say this because they've seen meta be wrong. Okay, whoop-de-doo, I'm pretty sure I've seen every tell under the sun be wrong. The real question is simply how well supported/researched is the meta being used. Is it from one game? Then maybe it's garbage. Is it from a five year history and 10+ games? Then I'd be awfully willing to buy it (and generally have never experienced people doing a drastic meta shift in some random game to break their meta and own face). So, once again, this makes meta...wait for it...basically like every tell out there.

"I change my meta every game, so I can't be meta'ed" I would suggest this implies you're a bad player, unless your claim is all town game styles are equally effective (and if you think that I'd love to discuss your research and conclusions). I also...well, kinda don't believe this, and even if it is exactly true - then that's your meta, and theoretically tells could be drawn from it even then.

So, basically, stop random attacking meta for empty reasons. If you have an issue with a meta case, describe them. If you can't, then it's probably a perfectly valid case as far as the style the case-maker has chosen.

Also, saying you hate meta is your meta - change it ;)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”