Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Nepenthes »

Its a lol opinion but lol in a town way
Scum doesnt take that route when they know the player is town

Imo you should flip your reads on Looker and Dunn, Dunns scumgame is good enough that calling his confidence ai esp in comparison to Looker demanding a case is a mistake
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Nepenthes »

superbowls case looks good faith to me i just think hes wrong
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Nepenthes »

I dont think dunn is scum here ftr
Calling scum in Titus/osuka/Truth/maybe chk
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 800, Nepenthes wrote:Imo you should flip your reads on Looker and Dunn, Dunns scumgame is good enough that calling his confidence ai esp in comparison to Looker demanding a case is a mistake
Oh look, a SeCrEt AlT that's using fucking meta.

Shocking.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Nepenthes »

Do you agree w me or no
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:26 am

Post by Nepenthes »

Actually i dont rly care thats not important
We agree on a few things so id rather know what you think abt literally anything else ive said
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:27 am

Post by chkflip »

I disagree with secret alts using meta period.

But no I don't think Dunn is scum here.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:28 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 801, Nepenthes wrote:superbowls case looks good faith to me i just think hes wrong
Why
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:30 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 800, Nepenthes wrote:Imo you should flip your reads on Looker and Dunn, Dunns scumgame is good enough that calling his confidence ai esp in comparison to Looker demanding a case is a mistake
I agree with the spirit of this (Looker demanding a case being bad is wrong, Dunn is experienced) but your "flip Dunn and Looker" I disagree with.
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Nepenthes »

Most of what he dismissed in his own case as not particularly ai i agree is not paricularly ai
Looker being paranoid and directionless isnt scummy, i dont think theyre behaving like caught scum
And I think im right about lookers angle that bugspray was distracting the no content issue with pronoun talk being an angle town takes more than scum

But idk superbowls case doesnt make me think hes scum
Therefore good faith
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Nepenthes »

In post 808, chkflip wrote:
I agree with the spirit of this (Looker demanding a case being bad is wrong, Dunn is experienced) but your "flip Dunn and Looker" I disagree with.
Thats fair
Ill reword it as "superbowl shouldnt be dismissive of one and wanting to lynch the other based on their respective confidence levels"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:37 am

Post by chkflip »

Confidence level isn't really the meat and potatoes of his case, though?
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Nepenthes »

Looked significant enough to me to warrant a response
I didnt say that it was superbowls only reason, but he specifically brought it up as the deciding factor between the two
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Nepenthes »

chk do you have an opinion on looker rn
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:49 am

Post by chkflip »

I feel like he was making a reference more than he was saying "Dunn is also bad but at least he's confident," but I'll wait for bowl to come in and clarify as that's an interesting point I may have glossed over as it didn't read as much more than an aside to me.

I'm not in the business of repeating myself. I've given my opinion on Looker. You apparently read the entire thread in the span of time you've been here so surely you didn't miss it.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Gypyx »

ok... got a shitload of catching up to do, that's gonna be painful, i'll be back in like, an hour
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:53 am

Post by chkflip »

Spoiler alert: you're not conf!town, just prob!town. Chop chop.
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Nepenthes »

In post 814, chkflip wrote:I'm not in the business of repeating myself. I've given my opinion on Looker. You apparently read the entire thread in the span of time you've been here so surely you didn't miss it.
I know you had him as nullish scummish before
You havent responded either way to my comments or townread on looker

Not sure why you have a chip on your shoulder wrt interacting w me
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:58 am

Post by chkflip »

Ooh this again. You sure you read because this feels like deja vu.
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:05 am

Post by Nepenthes »

K i can see you dislike talking to me so ill stop trying
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:06 am

Post by chkflip »

I don't see the purpose in discussing someone's read with them unless I'm looking for something (spew, clarity) or I flat out disagree with it (people loltown reading Truth). Otherwise, what's the purpose? You're town reading Looker. Neat! That doesn't mean anything more than I know you're not going to sneaky E-1 them or make an intent to hammer unless that's our only option to lynch.

Meanwhile, in Shit-That-Actually-Matters-ville, I've been trying to get people to see that Truth is newb!scumming all over the Goddamn place. I don't really think I'm the guy you need to be talking about your Looker read with, no?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:08 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 819, Nepenthes wrote:K i can see you dislike talking to me so ill stop trying
Hi, I'm chkflip, and I'm always angry.

Don't take it personally.

I hate
all of you
in equal measure.
Nepenthes
Nepenthes
Goon
Nepenthes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Nepenthes »

Im voting truth with you is there something else youd like me to be doing
If Looker gets eliminated then truth doesnt today
Therefore Looker being town is significant
Therefore you should care a little bit
Never mind that the reason Im talking to you specifically is bc youre my nullread that I want to sort and also the only one in the thread at the moment
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:27 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 793, Nepenthes wrote: looker wagon is boring compromise
In post 795, Nepenthes wrote:Tbh id be surprised if looker flipped scum, they spent most of the leadup to bugsprays execution calling the pronoun insistence a scum strat (like lol)
What am I supposed to say to this that is helpful to you reading me? The first makes it sound like you're not particularly confident in that town read and the second is... what... TSTBS? Idek what to classify that as, exactly, and I don't think that's a strong enough argument to dismiss the validity of things like misrepresentation and the weird angle shooting that bowl is accusing him of.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:28 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Truth, the worst, and dunn

TW, you have been great since you came in. I do think, however, that you are focusing on the wrong things, and since your word is having a lot of sway (with walter even sheeping you), I think we should stop wasting time with discussion that's not going to bring us anywhere.

Firstly, this Truth wagon. I think it's fine if we want to policy elim Truth,
but we're having the wrong discussions about this slot
. We should not be talking about the reasoning behind their actions, and whether a certain post is scummy or towny. How are you going to accurately analyze the mindset of someone who claims D1, calls for others to claim for clarity, blindly sheeps, etc. etc. etc. To say that anyone can evaluate Truth's alignment using normal metrics I think would be foolish.

This leaves us with two options fmpov. One is to policy elim Truth ASAP. The other is to essentially treat Truth as a non-factor and ignore them until a decisive tell manifests or until we absolutely have to address them (2 town v 1 scum or some such scenario). I think there's a case for both sides, but if we want to policy elim we need to do it asap or it's just turned into our second scenario, except now we've wasted time and let scum fly under the radar as we have meaninglessly debated Truth. I was under the impression that we had decided to go with the second option Day 1, but if we want to reevaluate that's fine (although a little suspiciously looks like saving an easy ML till D2). Let's just have the discussion we should be having instead of a useless one that only seems productive.

On dunnstral - I said I would stuff him in town and re-evaluate D2, and he's continued to come off very towny to me since then. I find myself nodding my head at each of his posts (i understand that statement is extemely memeable), as they are accurate, help move the gamestate forwards, and just make sense from a town mindset. Granted a lot of this is contextual, so it's kind of hard to make a succinct case here without going into more detail about the context of certain posts/mindset stuff. I think that this is what a lot of the replaces who came in and started pushing him are missing tho - I think the worst kind of admits this by saying the case was clickbaity.

At the end of the day Dunn comes off as very "sit back and analyze" to me as opposed to "sit back and let other people do the work". It's easy to target that type of playstyle since he's not churning out towny content, but I think if you poke him you will see for yourself that he's thinking about stuff and not just sitting in the back picking off MLs. I also get that I haven't really provided hard evidence here, so if you want me to go into more details on these specifics lmk and I can give you a couple of his interactions that townpinged me.

Other stuff

Also don't understand the redtea case, I just don't see scum coming out swinging like he did and providing such specific early reads and theories, seems wayyyy more likely to be confident town having fun with the game than 8d chess scum to me.

Although the worst faked the gypyx result (-.-) I do like his reaction to being "conftown", it seemed very natural to me in the context of his behavior in our games together. As long as that content promise comes thru I have no major complaints with that slot.

I think my to watch list for now is Titus/chkflip/looker/osuka, particularly annoying is chkflip, as I was pretty solidly null on Nash and he seems quite competent, so it will probably be hard to get a read for a while. Can you just play worse please?

Osuka seems like another interesting slot for me that I will/have been having a tough time reading, but I they're on the to do list for now because I don't want to reread through his iso today. That is probably coming up soon tho, so watch out buddy :twisted:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”