Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Lady 5 »

No, not by that

I mean I thought you were one person and then you did something that made me strongly think you were another person but now you’re not necessarily acting how I would expect that second person to behave

Your case is fine and it’s not an alignment doubt on you, just me going back and forth on your identity
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Lady 5 »

L7 are you deliberately trying to obscure your identity or not?
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

I literally just did a quick ISO of someone random, G5, and he in total has also 3/4 posts on G7, so you are gonna go call him scum too
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1928, Gentleman 9 wrote:and i talk about gorilla 7, in terms of I don't think he's town, but I think he's more town than 2.
In post 1948, Gentleman 9 wrote:and give evidence on when gorilla was ever trying, in fact, I suggested a pair up with G2 precisely because he isn't trying and that might be just a phrase, which is what I think you said as well.
???????????????????
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

thank you for your informative response
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 1947, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 1945, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 1939, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 1902, Lady 7 wrote:I think it's actually relatively townie?
That sequence looks pretty forced imo.
Really? Hm. Lady 2 simultaneously calls you town and says your take on Gent 7 being our locktown is garbage. What makes it seem forced?
It's garbage

what

You understand me.
Huh? I thought you were saying Lady 2's posts seemed forced.

I do believe Lady 7's case is coming from a good place, and she might incidentally be correct, but I don't see what she is seeing about Gent 9's progression on Gent 7
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Lady 1 »

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2
Gentleman 2 - Lady 4
Gentleman 3 - Lady 6

are the only pairs I'll vote for at the moment.
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1950, Lady 5 wrote:No, not by that

I mean I thought you were one person and then you did something that made me strongly think you were another person but now you’re not necessarily acting how I would expect that second person to behave

Your case is fine and it’s not an alignment doubt on you, just me going back and forth on your identity
In post 1951, Lady 5 wrote:L7 are you deliberately trying to obscure your identity or not?
I don't want to give any hints.
But I think you'd have trouble figuring me out so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I am only sort of trying to hide my identity because I want the comfort in knowing when the rest of my reads flip town I don't need to out. :P
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1942, Lady 8 wrote:Hi Miss Worldwide!

I'm not sure I agree with Lady 7 that scum are more likely to take the route of "You're wrong so I'm not listening". If I had to pick between Lady 1 and Gent 9 though, I think I lean towards Gent 9 being scum
Hi! Sorry, I don’t have like anything in particular I want to talk with you about yet and I don’t want to force it, more just like a general awareness that I haven’t sorted you much yet and that I need to do that

I don’t want to force myself to engage with you when I’m not genuinely interested in it (it’s just not my method really, I normally talk to everyone but in stages) but if you do have any questions for me or anything you’d like to discuss then ping me :)
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1956, Lady 1 wrote:Gentleman 4 - Lady 2
Gentleman 2 - Lady 4
Gentleman 3 - Lady 6

Interesting, G3/L6, talk to me?
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 1959, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1956, Lady 1 wrote:Gentleman 4 - Lady 2
Gentleman 2 - Lady 4
Gentleman 3 - Lady 6

Interesting, G3/L6, talk to me?
Every other pair you could make a case for end game to me and I might buy it. But I wouldn't be comfortable with any of these making end game.

G3 just makes a lot of posts that say a lot but mean very little. Stuff that is just very easy to type but doesn't really have a townie or scum thought process behind it.

L6 is just underwhelming to me.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1957, Lady 7 wrote:I don't want to give any hints.
But I think you'd have trouble figuring me out so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I am only sort of trying to hide my identity because I want the comfort in knowing when the rest of my reads flip town I don't need to out. :P
That’s fine, I don’t desperately want to as it goes against the spirit of the game, you’re more someone who I couldn’t help having two conflicting thoughts about despite not thinking about it actively.

I kinda don’t understand your final thing? Oh wait no, I just got it, you mean in postgame, yes?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1961, Lady 5 wrote:I kinda don’t understand your final thing? Oh wait no, I just got it, you mean in postgame, yes?
Yup.

Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1960, Lady 1 wrote:Every other pair you could make a case for end game to me and I might buy it. But I wouldn't be comfortable with any of these making end game.
Idk if I’d be comfortable with L3/G9 endgaming, but other than that I think I agree? Or like there’s a questionable person in each of the first two you lifted

I still think L6 is town. I think sorting G3 more thoroughly is a priority, I wouldn’t rule them out myself though
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 1963, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1960, Lady 1 wrote:Every other pair you could make a case for end game to me and I might buy it. But I wouldn't be comfortable with any of these making end game.
Idk if I’d be comfortable with L3/G9 endgaming, but other than that I think I agree? Or like there’s a questionable person in each of the first two you lifted

I still think L6 is town. I think sorting G3 more thoroughly is a priority, I wouldn’t rule them out myself though
I understand G9/L3. I think L3 is very obvious town and Gent 9 to me isn't obvious scum that I'd want to get rid of him so soon.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 1757, Lady 3 wrote:Why is it obvious I'm town?
Isn't this a classic scumtell?
I've not heard of that, but I have located scum pocketers who were unable to compellingly explain a townread on me.
It sounds like a fundamentally bad thesis since you'll be less curious about why you are being townread, since you know exactly what kind of artificial sweeteners you put into your posts to prompt the response. It only seems like a scumtell if lots of scum do it to put towncases into the thread and fuel the development of an UTR on the slot, but that's so far from how I play scum.
I know we're not outing mains, but I think you can imagine how certain players would play scum on a cold read, sometimes.
In post 1864, Lady 7 wrote:I mean L3.Misty lost a lot of credit for that flip.
In hindsight I really hate the post she made where she said G7.Vampire should be kept alive because he is a higher ceiling for "looking town".

Felt like a way to try and win me over to saving him all while not committing to a town read on the slot.
I think L3 is more likely town then not but I don't feel half as good about it as before I saw the flip.
I was still advocating the most logical strategy. You only get a told-you-so that I wasn't if this game ends with a T-T G2-L4 standing and I really still don't see that happening.
In post 1869, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1868, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1864, Lady 7 wrote:I mean L3.Misty lost a lot of credit for that flip.
In hindsight I really hate the post she made where she said G7.Vampire should be kept alive because he is a higher ceiling for "looking town".

Felt like a way to try and win me over to saving him all while not committing to a town read on the slot.
I think L3 is more likely town then not but I don't feel half as good about it as before I saw the flip.
Why still say she's town if you're so shaken by that post earlier?
It's a singular point and I have to think it through.
I also scum read G9 still and they can't both be scum, that just isn't possible.

I think it's more likely L3 made a mistake and G9 is just a wolf then the other way around.

Like 1 post against someone and multiple points in favour of them I am still going to lean town but I also can't lock them as town anymore.
Not a mistake, I hope you're never a poker player who tries to review whether your decisions were good after seeing the cards
In post 1889, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 1887, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1882, Gentleman 2 wrote:I'm TWTBAWing Lady 1 though.
You probably shouldn't. I have no doubt that a scum Lady 1 open wolfs and calls herself wolf.
In that case:

VOTE: L1-G6
Yeah this is the treasure I was going to throw away with my awful advice about wallflower preference lol
In post 1915, Lady 5 wrote:I think L3 is wolfier than L1 and I guess I think that her take on L7 makes it more likely to me that her reads are bad this game than that she’s scum?
Man, I have bad reads in a lot of games, but this is a case where I clearly said g7 and g2 were similar in scumminess, but for personality reasons it was strategic to keep G7 in play. G7 is a slot that would continue to express his alignment, which ended up getting demonstrated late predance when L7 broke down some of his inconsistencies.
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Lady 1 »

I also don't expect my pair to make end game either but I refuse to go first dance because I'm having too much fun. Suckers
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Lady 1 »

G7 wasn't a player the wolf team was ever going to expect to make end game. So obviously they were prepared for his death and probably tried to make themselves look regardless if he got a partner or not. If it was a highly contested slot that might be another story but I think we can all agree about G7.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I mean I am going to sit back and try and approach this game a bit differently when I come down.
I think G9 is just flipping wolf.

But that doesn't give me the 3rd wolf in which case I'd still need to find a T/T pair.
My partner dropped of the grid so I could be short lived as well.

Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Lady 3 »

I strongly think the best way to play dance1 is to vote out pairs where both halves of the pairing seem more likely than null to flip scum. I think this is much more effective than voting pairs where one player seems very, very scummy, and the other partner is nullish or townish. Two guess are just much stronger than one and read confidence is this weird emotional thing that doesn't correlate well to the actual percentages, when it is 3:7 someone who is 34% likely to be scum due to your reads feels twice as exciting as someone who is 33% likely to be scum, and stuff. Which works fine for setting up a PoE order in Normal queue but is bad in this setup and closely interlinked with leave-your-partner-gamethrows that have happened when this setup was run in the past.

It might sound convenient for me to say since some people townread my slot, but I think it's not that convenient since no one hard scumreads my partner except l7.blue (and maybe me lol).
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Lady 5 »

L3 what started to shift your opinion on G9 towards town?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Lady 3 »

G9 is scummy, I'll try not to say how scummy nor NK reasons since I'm going to oppose my own exile regardless of degree. But G9 has does nothing this game yet to change my mind.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Lady 3 »

*for
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:18 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1971, Lady 3 wrote:since I'm going to oppose my own exile regardless of degree.
Err

Why?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Lady 3 »

I envision this game having lots of universe where I leave g9 in f4 but if he can somehow show a town alignment in a way that outweighs his sins my pair can maybe potentially be final pair.

It's kind of hard to clearly explain my own views of the strategy of the setup and how that layers across how I'm reading g9.bananas, but to what extent it makes me sound scummy, that's less a shame because my pairing getting voted out isn't
bad

maybe that's why this game is so fun for me, it's like even lower stakes than a VT game, I feel about 30% jester. It's like something even more carefree on the spectrum from godfather>goon>doctor>vt->misty

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”