Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

It's possible Lady 4 is scum and I don't mind getting to leave this game so I can return to my original account. I just kind of feel bad because she said she didn't want to leave so soon when she noted she would have to pair with G7 or me.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2173, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2170, Lady 7 wrote:If the question is, does Lady 7 ever let a scum buddy die, I am not sure, it's all wifom because G7.vampire could have gone for a "big AtE" play and tell L4.Salad to bus him anyway in hopes of being an end game pair.
I am leaning town and I am not voting them as a result, but honestly I wouldn't be that suprised if Salad ended up being a werewolf or warlock.
SLIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

VOTE: Lady 4
Is this a genuine call out or nah
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 2175, Gentleman 2 wrote:It's possible Lady 4 is scum and I don't mind getting to leave this game so I can return to my original account. I just kind of feel bad because she said she didn't want to leave so soon when she noted she would have to pair with G7 or me.
This is probably the best post you've made all game tbh
pedit: Only if you want it to be
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I feel sorry you aren't enjoying the game more g2.shades
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 2174, Gentleman 8 wrote:good sir gentleman 2,

could you please talk about what you were thinking when you made these two posts?
In post 1546, Gentleman 2 wrote:How do you all feel about a triple leave?
In post 1588, Gentleman 2 wrote:If I am going down this phase, G7/L4 should be our winning pair.
First post: I don't like lone townflips. If one of us had to flip town, it's better we all just flip town together.

Second post: G7, L4 and me were all leftovers. I assumed we should all just be town who wolves left behind for their amusement.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

Hey L3 you townreading G9?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

no D:
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

Can I vote you guys or do you want me to wait 1 more vote?
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 2178, Lady 3 wrote:I feel sorry you aren't enjoying the game more g2.shades
I don't mind continuing playing. I am afraid of mainslipping or sounding too obvious who I am.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Alternatively, we can just lynch the pairs containing scum and get it home earlier.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I don't think pairings that have a clear town in them should be voted until later on; I've posted at length about it.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

I'm just gonna sit on the only pair I feel some amount of confidence in even if no one will join me
VOTE: Gent 3/Lady 6
pedit: Okay
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

hmm

vote: gentleman 8 / lady 5

just going to sit on this for a while
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2183, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2178, Lady 3 wrote:I feel sorry you aren't enjoying the game more g2.shades
I don't mind continuing playing. I am afraid of mainslipping or sounding too obvious who I am.
FakeGod doesn't force replace for like 5-6 people figuring out who you are because you're not altering your personality. I would guess maybe 4 people know who I am from how I'm playing.

I find the key to not main slipping is stay logged out a lot and browse your games, then when you suddenly want to replay and you realize you can't because you can't log in, you think about what game the reply is for and log into the appropriate account
if that helps you any
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

L1cry I think that's my favorite endgame pair right now but I really respect you voting your heart
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 2189, Lady 3 wrote:L1cry I think that's my favorite endgame pair right now but I really respect you voting your heart
^ +1
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2177, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2175, Gentleman 2 wrote:It's possible Lady 4 is scum and I don't mind getting to leave this game so I can return to my original account. I just kind of feel bad because she said she didn't want to leave so soon when she noted she would have to pair with G7 or me.
This is probably the best post you've made all game tbh
pedit: Only if you want it to be
Well I’m townreading L7 so not really
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2187, Gentleman 8 wrote:hmm

vote: gentleman 8 / lady 5

just going to sit on this for a while
wut...

I guess L5 will be a very interesting read
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

what's up lady 1
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

Don't read L5.gaia for now
And if there is any serious component to G8.prince's vote he absolutely should not expose that seriousness before intervention
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i don't think you're meant to tell people you're giving them an intervention?
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

It's because we love you that it's happening
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2186, Lady 1 wrote:I'm just gonna sit on the only pair I feel some amount of confidence in even if no one will join me
VOTE: Gent 3/Lady 6
pedit: Okay
Do you think that Gent 7 proposes to Lady 6 when they are both scum?

What are your thoughts on Gent 3?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

I'm making a reads list to organize my own thoughts because I feel somewhat muddled on every slot right now. I don't really know where to start but I'm just gonna start with the strongest things that come to mind.

=====

Gentleman 3
revealed something to me in our Dance PT that makes me favor him as town. It was something I was specifically looking for regarding how his reads progressed from when he replaced in, and the way he phrased it to me and told me specifically before telling the public thread shifts him towards town. He also didn't appear to be specifically trying to pocket me with this, as he basically confronted me in our PT saying that he's considering a world where I was scum with G7 and trying to give ways for him to appear more towny so that someone *else* might have been more willing to pair with him. He quoted these posts as examples. He also said it's possible I was just trying to read G7 better, but the way he's been transparent in our Dance so far leans town for me. And it's stuff that he wouldn't have come into the game with. I don't think G3 wants to share the specific read that I'm talking about here just yet, but I'm sure he will soon.

I definitely understand why people are scum reading or put off by his more analytical "fluffy" posts. By play style, it seems like Gentleman 3 is someone who hyper-focuses on why people are scum reading him and tends to argue with or correct that if thinks the reasons are bad. I know a lot of town players that do this so I don't think it is necessarily AI by itself, but it seems like the type of defensiveness that people get annoyed or tend to scum read.

That's all I have on Gentleman 3 right now. I'm still not super super confident he's town because I believe him to be a good player, so I understand the paranoia there, but so far I think his progressions since he's replaced in (on me and on another slot) have been towny. I think both of us are somewhat wary of the other though.

=====

Gentleman 2
... ugh. I think he's town still. I don't think if he is scum with Gentleman 7 that the scenario that occurred in this game EVER happens. Gentleman 7 hyper focused on asking me out, and then defaulted to a weird LAMISTY, martyr strategy. Gentleman 2 basically also played the suicide route and didn't ask Lady 4 out until multiple people directly asked him to. I find it unlikely that more than one scum would go for a more laidback strategy like this and risk them both being left out in the first dance, especially since neither Gentleman appears to have either the time or style to keep up with the thread / get town read.

I can also track what I think is a towny mindset from Gentleman 2. Whereas Gentleman 7 was more explicit in "not caring" what happens, Gentleman 2 seems to actually care about how the game goes despite his other attitudes. From the beginning of the game he's been quite outspoken about his opinions and pursued these interests (such as "voting" G4) instead of looking for a potential partner.

His view that the early paired couples are wolves and the last people left unpaired are all town isn't a philosophy I inherently agree with, but it's definitely something that I see coming from town a lot. Especially from townies that are often perceived as more "LHF," calling out deepwolves and getting paranoid about consensus pairs / townreads is something that comes from town all the time. This is why his posts about triple leaving and G7/L4 being an endgame pair don't bother me at all. It's all consistent with what his philosophy has been since the start of the game.
In post 2179, Gentleman 2 wrote:I assumed we should all just be town who wolves left behind for their amusement.
=====

As for Lady 4
, I have come around to thinking she might be town. Gentleman 3 made a good point in that the G7 town flip probably points to Lady 4 town, in that pairing with G7 at least denies more information and gets town shaky about eliminating the consensus lower slots. However, surprisingly this is still the half of the pair I am less confident on.

Generally, her reactions to having to pair with either G2 or G7 and wanting to stay in the game longer read pretty genuine to me. There's also a specific post she made early on that bothered me at first for being really bad, but coming back to I think is a pretty towny bad. The post I refer to is #421 where Lady 4 makes this long winded kind of nonsensical read on Lady 2 (which she later clarifies the wording of, don't mean to be insulting here I think it's just a badly worded post) and then continues this tunnel for the rest of the game. The way she states it here is non-specific and kinda fluffy, but she follows it up by calling it a strong read. To me, this post lacks the self-awareness scum usually has, and instead reads like town who just figured something out and feels good about it.

Specifically, I also think the line about "the Rosalina/Peach shitck" being "a facade" is an extremely weak point that town makes because their confbiasing a scum read. I think scum would read it as the joke it was and not *generally* not have the confidence to read into it so much or have it as an element of her read. That said, Lady 4 is still only a lean town. I haven't seen too much else from her that hard pings town from me. But given the G7 flip and my read on G2, the Gentleman 2/Lady 4 pair isn't a pair I want leaving immediately.

=====

This leaves a bunch of other pairs that I unfortunately don't have any strong T/T feelings about. Basically, I town read almost all the ladies, which feels weird, and it's definitely not good that I'm mixed or null on all of G1/G4/G5/G6. The one I most feel like I should be able to get a good handle and want to town read is G5. So I'd like to talk to you, G5, next time we're both around. Specifically, I'm curious about your read on me and if its changed at all after G7's flip. You've asked a few people what they about G7 asking me out early in the game. What is your conclusion about that?

Lady 2
is a scum read I don't really get. My reasons for town reading her are more nebulous than other slots, but so do the reasons for scum reading her it seems. She has come under a lot of criticism for "not really doing anything," which has two problems. 1. That's not inherently scummy. It makes it easy to feel good about getting rid of a slot if you believe that but effort isn't the greatest of alignment tells. I also tend to disagree that she hasn't done anything. 2. What is scum actually doing if Gentleman 7 is barely trying with a gambit and Lady 2 is not really bussing in any hard way beyond calling a garbage take from G2 towny?

Lady 8
, I've been feeling much better about recently, which is why I would love to get a better handle on G5.

I'm omitting my read on Lady 5 for the time being.

Lady 1
is the only Lady that I don't outright town read. I'm fairly mixed on her. I'm kind of inclined to town read her opposition to some of the more consensus reads throughout the game, but that's about all I've got for her. I'm particularly curious where her L7/G1 read went? She suddenly stopped wanting to vote there and I didn't catch why.

I just need Gentleman 1 and Gentleman 6 to post more, I think. I had what I thought was a town read on G1 for a moment, but it evaporated in my brain somewhere.

=====

Gentleman 9
is the closest thing I have to harder scum read right now. I initially thought his dance proposal so early on was relatively town indicative, but I think his style is just a little more aggressive than most which would be a mistake to town read. His insistence that G3 is scummy for being unhappy that his town reads weren't pairing with his town reads is... a logical argument I do not follow. I also didn't really think his attack on Gentleman 5 earlier in the game was very believable. Like I don't think it takes a lot of legwork to understand why G5 might've thought L8 was someone he could A. sort well, B. get along with, C. have some doubts about, and D. value that criteria enough to make a proposal when he did. Like it almost seems in both of these instances that G9 is attacking players for not aligning in philosophy with him, but instead he's framing it as if they have inconsistencies in their play and are scummy for it. It's a weird twisting of facts that makes it seem more like scum pulling things out of the air to form scum reads than town just feeling strongly about how the game should be played. Normally, I'd be more apt to town read aggressive play that seems genuine, but given Gentleman 9 entered the game with an aggressive play, and his arguments aren't actually all that towny outside of just being aggressive, I lean this slot scum.

But Lady 3, I feel very good about being town which is unfortunate.

=====

I think that sums up my positions right now.

tl;dr: I understand walls are annoying, if you have questions about my reads I'll answer them in a more succinct manner. but this is where you'll find most of the detail. overall, my general feelings right now is that I wish the gentleman were more sortable
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2198, Lady 6 wrote:So I'd like to talk to you, G5, next time we're both around. Specifically, I'm curious about your read on me and if its changed at all after G7's flip. You've asked a few people what they about G7 asking me out early in the game. What is your conclusion about that?
In post 2198, Lady 6 wrote:Lady 1 is the only Lady that I don't outright town read. I'm fairly mixed on her. I'm kind of inclined to town read her opposition to some of the more consensus reads throughout the game, but that's about all I've got for her. I'm particularly curious where her L7/G1 read went? She suddenly stopped wanting to vote there and I didn't catch why.
quoting the parts I want specific people to see and respond to

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”