Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:52 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 697, chkflip wrote:I'm willing to accept that for now. What happened to your redtea read?
I don't get what you mean, did I ever have a 'redtea read'?
In post 849, the worst wrote:Dunnstral - was kinda scumreading but I'm growing lukewarm. he's not towny this game but it's also outside my expectation of Dunn's scumgame. he does not seem interested in looking good (which he is capable of doing). he seems more irritated with my OTT push than invested in rebutting them. scum before the above but not before the below I think?
Hey guys, I've just gotten lazy in this game. I hope that helps.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 874, chkflip wrote:Wait

viewtopic.php?t=82699&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

hhhhHHHHHHH

Dunnstral you were alive a lot longer than me in this one (also I replaced out bc personal lives are fun).

I'm crazy y/n
His posts look the same in all his games to me

I asked him about it in another game and he was resistant to providing the info, and he was town thereL
In post 1928, Looker wrote:
In post 1873, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1861, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1850, Looker wrote:I don't understand Dunnstral's request to self-meta. When I'm scum I'm scum and when I'm town I'm town.
Your playstyle in this game is similar to our last game I saw you in, where you were mafia
Looker, you ask why I'm wondering about this, right? I can't differentiate your current play from the game you were mafia in.
What I'm saying to you is that, until you say "I've looked at games where you were town and games where you were scum, and this game most closely resembles the games wherein you were scum", I don't find your observation useful.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Vote Count 2.5Looker(4)superbowl9,osuka,Titus,chkflip,

Truth(3)
WaltertheDunce10
,Nepenthes,
the worst

Not Voting(2)Dunnstral,Gypyx,

osuka(2)Looker,Truth,

Titus
0verki11
(0)

Dunnstral(0)

chkflip
Nash
(0)

WaltertheDunce10
(0)

Gypyx(0)

the worst
LicketyQuickety
(0)

superbowl9(0)

Nepenthes
redtea
(0)

No Execute (0)

With 11 alive it is 6 to execute, and 6 to No Execute.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2020-08-06 04:38:00) or when an execution has been achieved.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 883, Nepenthes wrote:
In post 881, Looker wrote:this stuffs really hard to type with one hand so osuka/superbowl and one of dunn chkflip neptune titus. gypyx and truth inspection later
This is the entire playerlist
I cannot parse this. Can someone explain it?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 898, Looker wrote:Still would prefer osuka or superbowl today
Why these two?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Titus »

I'm debating getting off the Looker wagon and onto Truth. For Truth to be town, then both ICs must be agency captured. The looker wagon gaining steam raises concerns. Particularly of a chkflip + Truth team.

If Looker is scum, it makes things more likely that Truth is scum as well. I can't see scum diverting from Truth onto Looker in an S v S setup.

VOTE: Truth
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:55 am

Post by osuka »

Interesting take. Why is a looker and Truth scumteam likely?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:30 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 903, Titus wrote:
In post 883, Nepenthes wrote:
In post 881, Looker wrote:this stuffs really hard to type with one hand so osuka/superbowl and one of dunn chkflip neptune titus. gypyx and truth inspection later
This is the entire playerlist
I cannot parse this. Can someone explain it?
I enjoy that this post is quite literally right under a vote count.

Scroll up.

Look at the names he mentioned.

Look at the VC.

Now look back at the names.

Now look in your hand. (Diamonds!)

No, but seriously, he named everyone minus himself and the two living ICs as potential scum. The particularly strange part of that post, to me, is that he has said the Truth wagon has been a distraction all phase. So for him to say "y'know what maybe Truth too" above out of nowhere seemed like cog dis to me.

However, I was unaware that Looker is one of those fellas like me that just looks the same every game regardless of alignment. Big ups to the Dunn for finally chiming in with that.

L-1.

I get where you're coming from, Titus.

You're wrong but I get it.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:04 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 871, Looker wrote:This whole game is just 'telling town what to do' so I don't see why my Post 413 would be so weird. I was going V/LA and wanted to post my thoughts, as opposed to superbowl who went V/LA and voted baselessly (or "nakedly").
It was also very obvious that I suspected bugspray, hence the call for hammer, and Psyche/Osuka, hence the call for sorting. The overlooked players I mentioned after that, superbowl also mentioned (with the exception of redtea for some reason), so I don't see what would "confuse" him about that.
Not really at all lol, you're the only one I've heard in any of my games telling town to do something instead of
suggesting
town do something. It read very weird to me. Still not at all sure why you keep saying that I had the same reads as you except redtea? I'm pretty sure I've explained all of my reads at this point so not sure why you are pointing out where we do/don't overlap as though it's interesting or confusing at all. Either way this is kind of irrelevant, you just seem to be weirdly misrepping a lot of stuff to me.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:08 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 898, Looker wrote:Why would I count anybody out?
This is what I'm talking about with the misreps, you do something completely abnormal and weird and then twist it as though it's a perfectly normal action. Like you're not wrong lol, but that's not really what is being talked about here...
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:21 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 905, Titus wrote:I'm debating getting off the Looker wagon and onto Truth. For Truth to be town, then both ICs must be agency captured. The looker wagon gaining steam raises concerns. Particularly of a chkflip + Truth team.

If Looker is scum, it makes things more likely that Truth is scum as well. I can't see scum diverting from Truth onto Looker in an S v S setup.

This is a reeeeeeeallly bad post. You're the second one to vote just because "counterwagons lol" and then jump righhht back on once the other wagon picks up steam. VERY ironically your logic in this post applies exactly to your actions, which are giving steam to this truth wagon (which is starting to look more and more just like an easy ML option to me).

Also very tired of ppl using POE and shaky situational logic to justify hopping around to whichever slot is convenient for them (Looker using standoff POEs, Titus here, the worst). Do yall just not have reads?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 am

Post by the worst »

In post 902, Not Known 15 wrote:Looker(4)superbowl9,osuka,Titus,chkflip,

Truth(3)WaltertheDunce10,Nepenthes,the worst,

Not Voting(2)Dunnstral,Gypyx,

osuka(2)Looker,Truth,
into

looker (2) soup, osuka
Truth (5) Walter, nep, tw, Titus, chk
osuka (2) looker, truth

how can u not be happy about this cw
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:21 am

Post by superbowl9 »

You're literally doing the thing that I have issue with

I'm saying people have been exploiting this type of situational analysis (poor phrasing here, idk how to express it maybe like data-driven stuff? I hope you get me) to steer their votes into comfortable locations.

So yes, while I don't have a problem with the Truth wagon (although I think we are STILL not having the right discourse about it as I highlighted in my truth post), I do have a problem with the way that people are justifying their truth votes.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:24 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 900, Dunnstral wrote:I don't get what you mean, did I ever have a 'redtea read'?
I thought I saw you have something significant to say about that slot but it appears I am mistaken on a re-skim.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:26 am

Post by chkflip »

souporsalad you keep bitching about the way people are attempting to solve while offering up zero alternative options. y tho
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:28 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Uhhhhhh I just posted 2 monster walls about how we should go about playing today lol

All I want is people to stop acting as though their specific POE/wagon analysis is solid enough evidence to base their reads upon
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:31 am

Post by chkflip »

Uhhh
In post 797, superbowl9 wrote:
Looker

I don't usually naked vote but some of your posts had pinged me and I was going V/LA, so I figured it would be the perfect time to see how you'd react to a vote with no case! I would characterize your reaction as paranoid, which isn't a good look. I will give you the case you so desire now :)

You seem to just have dropped my , then bring it back in with a complete mischaracterization. Let's address this. You made a post essentially telling town what to do (), I say "why are you baselessly telling town what to do - how is that helpful in any way" (), then you come back 200 posts later and say "aha! you agreed with my reads in that post, so why were you clowning it???"()

Instead of using my post as evidence in a case against me,
can you go back and answer my
? The point of that post was not to degrade you, or to disagree with the players you want to sort, it was to figure out what was going through your head when you made , which I am still confused about.

More stuff wrong with your - you point to as though I am trying to bring attention away from psyche/osuka now that psyche is cleared, but psyche wasn't cleared until . I also don't know why you said I thought I would be alive D2 for this:
In post 449, superbowl9 wrote:that's something I will read back over and
hopefully
explore D2 as well.
All of that is really just misinformation that you've pushed though, and I'm really not inclined to view that as AI by itself. What I have been scumreading from you is your reasoning. You pushed a counterwagon for VCA stuff in , but abandoned that (admittedly very bad) idea 2 posts later to hop on the main wagon for the day (conveniently right after bugspray's crumb might I add?) To me this shows that the principle behind your votes has been quite weak.

Another ping for me is the paranoia in your recent posts - you seem quite anxious for a case on you that you can shut down and have been OMGUSy (which you also think is scum indicative LOL). This will make more sense when I get to dunnstral, but you both are like two sides of the same coin to me: you both pop in here and there and provide some guarded content, but dunn reads quite confident and goal-oriented with his, while you feel almost jumpy and lacking in distinct motivations with yours. I like my vote on you right now.

P.S. - Another post coming soon with other game thoughts, so I probably wont respond to stuff from this until that one's out. After that though I should be able to jump back into stuff.
In post 824, superbowl9 wrote:
Truth, the worst, and dunn

TW, you have been great since you came in. I do think, however, that you are focusing on the wrong things, and since your word is having a lot of sway (with walter even sheeping you), I think we should stop wasting time with discussion that's not going to bring us anywhere.

Firstly, this Truth wagon. I think it's fine if we want to policy elim Truth,
but we're having the wrong discussions about this slot
. We should not be talking about the reasoning behind their actions, and whether a certain post is scummy or towny. How are you going to accurately analyze the mindset of someone who claims D1, calls for others to claim for clarity, blindly sheeps, etc. etc. etc. To say that anyone can evaluate Truth's alignment using normal metrics I think would be foolish.

This leaves us with two options fmpov. One is to policy elim Truth ASAP. The other is to essentially treat Truth as a non-factor and ignore them until a decisive tell manifests or until we absolutely have to address them (2 town v 1 scum or some such scenario). I think there's a case for both sides, but if we want to policy elim we need to do it asap or it's just turned into our second scenario, except now we've wasted time and let scum fly under the radar as we have meaninglessly debated Truth. I was under the impression that we had decided to go with the second option Day 1, but if we want to reevaluate that's fine (although a little suspiciously looks like saving an easy ML till D2). Let's just have the discussion we should be having instead of a useless one that only seems productive.

On dunnstral - I said I would stuff him in town and re-evaluate D2, and he's continued to come off very towny to me since then. I find myself nodding my head at each of his posts (i understand that statement is extemely memeable), as they are accurate, help move the gamestate forwards, and just make sense from a town mindset. Granted a lot of this is contextual, so it's kind of hard to make a succinct case here without going into more detail about the context of certain posts/mindset stuff. I think that this is what a lot of the replaces who came in and started pushing him are missing tho - I think the worst kind of admits this by saying the case was clickbaity.

At the end of the day Dunn comes off as very "sit back and analyze" to me as opposed to "sit back and let other people do the work". It's easy to target that type of playstyle since he's not churning out towny content, but I think if you poke him you will see for yourself that he's thinking about stuff and not just sitting in the back picking off MLs. I also get that I haven't really provided hard evidence here, so if you want me to go into more details on these specifics lmk and I can give you a couple of his interactions that townpinged me.

Other stuff

Also don't understand the redtea case, I just don't see scum coming out swinging like he did and providing such specific early reads and theories, seems wayyyy more likely to be confident town having fun with the game than 8d chess scum to me.

Although the worst faked the gypyx result (-.-) I do like his reaction to being "conftown", it seemed very natural to me in the context of his behavior in our games together. As long as that content promise comes thru I have no major complaints with that slot.

I think my to watch list for now is Titus/chkflip/looker/osuka, particularly annoying is chkflip, as I was pretty solidly null on Nash and he seems quite competent, so it will probably be hard to get a read for a while. Can you just play worse please?

Osuka seems like another interesting slot for me that I will/have been having a tough time reading, but I they're on the to do list for now because I don't want to reread through his iso today. That is probably coming up soon tho, so watch out buddy :twisted:
WHERE
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:32 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 824, superbowl9 wrote:I think my to watch list for now is Titus/chkflip/looker/osuka
What is this called?

Because it looks like PoE bud.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:33 am

Post by superbowl9 »

The wagons right now are truth/looker no? Are those posts not about truth, looker, and what we should be doing with them?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:38 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Did I ever say don't use POE at all lol? I'm saying when you use POE or some other such metric as your only justification for a vote or a read that's not good enough

Also that's not even PoE, those are people I want to observe for gameplay reasons (Titus because overkill was playing scummy, you and osuka because you've been hard to get out of null, and looker I made a post on).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 am

Post by the worst »

@soup to be totally candid about my opinion on truth I think I'll just regret not eliminating them if we don't do it now.

Sincerely, town has a bunch of power this game and I think we should be aiming to have a maximum of one mis-elim from now on. I could scumcase Truth, sure. If I was scum with truth I could probably town case them as well. If I strip it back to how I feel about Truth I feel apprehensive, and I want them sorted unquestionably before endgame and blasting them with lasers is sadly a very easy way to do that.

pedit: I figured that was a null/to-read-later list lmaoo

p-pedit: yes that
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:44 am

Post by superbowl9 »

YES and I am fine with policy elimming truth, I just want us to have the discussion of whether we should do that instead of the bogus discussion of trying to sort them or using some weird VCA stuff to hop on the wagon. So thank you that's what I wanted to hear lol.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:58 am

Post by chkflip »

Those are people you would consider for future elims y/n
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:01 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 921, superbowl9 wrote:some weird VCA stuff
Don't besmirch VCA. I've used it to win games, as has Titus. Which is why I said I understood where she was coming from but that she was incorrect.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:03 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Not to pull a looker but everyone is on the table for future elims - those are just the people I have my eye extra on their content for. But I don't think that's really what you're trying to get at here so yes?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”