Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:41 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Page Top
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:41 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

Because I missed it.
I thought your response to why pairing with lady 8 is reasonable, but I don't particularly town read you in any sense. I also think your attack on me is in bad faith
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:42 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

And I didn't like that you essentially cleared lady 8 via PT less than a day after it opened
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:05 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2226, Gentleman 9 wrote:Because I missed it.
I thought your response to why pairing with lady 8 is reasonable, but I don't particularly town read you in any sense. I also think your attack on me is in bad faith
In post 1625, Gentleman 9 wrote:I like the pairs in this order

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2
Gentleman 6 - Lady 1

Gentleman 3 - Lady 6* typo in fgs title post
Gentleman 1 - Lady 7
This post makes it look like you had warmed up to me quite a bit, though.

Why is my push on you in bad faith?
In post 2227, Gentleman 9 wrote:And I didn't like that you essentially cleared lady 8 via PT less than a day after it opened
Well... that's not really what happened. In any case, why don't you like it?
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:54 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

yeah, yesterday i had warmed up to you, but today I don't feel so from the two points i discussed.

I mean for all your saying you are excited to sort ghosty 8, isn't 1 day of PT access that you reached the conclusion she is town premature?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Lady 5 »

VOTE: L3-G9
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:00 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Goddamn why can’t G2/L2 and G4/L4 be a thing instead of what we have
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:00 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Okay L8 I think I’m ready to talk to you please hit me up next time you’re around!
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 2061, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1625, Gentleman 9 wrote:I like the pairs in this order

Gentleman 9 - Lady 3
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5
Gentleman 5 - Lady 8

Gentleman 4 - Lady 2
Gentleman 6 - Lady 1

Gentleman 3 - Lady 6* typo in fgs title post
Gentleman 1 - Lady 7
He doesn't have gent 2, gent 7, or lady 4 listed here
This question is in response to G8's "who's your favorite /least favorite pairing", and the three people you mentioned haven't been paired yet. I'm pretty sure I answered the hypothetical of what happens when lady 4 pairs up afterwards as well.
In post 2063, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1948, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 1944, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 1938, Gentleman 9 wrote:this "progression" is also 400 posts apart
Again, you had no reason to change the read.
I scouted your entire ISO, those 3 posts are your only mentions of the flipped wolf player.

And your read on him lines up with exactly how I expect wolves to treat their partner.

But you are just talking around me saying I am misrepresenting you.
It's actually crazy.
Sorry I appologise because apparently wolf player didn't post that much therefore I don't talk abt him that much

and give evidence on when gorilla was ever trying, in fact, I suggested a pair up with G2 precisely because he isn't trying and that might be just a phrase, which is what I think you said as well.
I'm scumreading this

Saying he didn't post much so you didn't respond much seems like an excuse

In reality you're just not responding to certain things
What things am I not responding to? I have just as many mentions of G7 as you do. In the early game, gorilla boy was never featured prominently, thus no one was commenting on him, and when there were discussion featuring who should pair with L4, I mentioned 2 or 3 times that I prefer 7, but I don't particularly trust him.

If you think I'm not responding to "certain things", point out clearly then what they are.
In post 2120, Gentleman 5 wrote:Of those, I like gent 9's response the least. It was a soft reaction and came after Lady 7's very hard "I want him to die for that"
It's what I felt. I thought G7 should be paired with L4, and I don't have L7's stance that I want him to die?
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:04 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 2230, Lady 5 wrote:VOTE: L3-G9
do you want to discuss this
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

^ like I'm fairly certain i know you, and I don't think it's very surprisingly at all that you are scum-reading me. But I also think that you're the person I can convince idk
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Good vote :)
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 2234, Gentleman 9 wrote:
do you want to discuss this
I mean we can do, sure?

I just don’t really townread either of you
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Lady 2 »

In post 2231, Lady 5 wrote:Goddamn why can’t G2/L2 and G4/L4 be a thing instead of what we have
Why would that have been better
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Lady 5 »

Because I’m more uneasy with one than the other in each of your pairs — I think you’re kinda of towny, but I don’t really feel that G4 is

I think G2 is sort of townie, but not L4

I’d be fine getting rid of G4/L4 currently but I’m not fine with ditching you or G2
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 2185, Lady 3 wrote:I don't think pairings that have a clear town in them should be voted until later on; I've posted at length about it.
I don't know if I've commented on this yet but I disagree with this overall.
You know how you said lynching scum day 1 can hurt the town?

I feel the same way about plans like this, by simply disregarding scum reads and going after pairs we think "just aren't going to end game" and being complacent with the flips. We create an enviornment which I view as even worse then the one you originally brought up. It's the world where we don't hold ourselves accountable for our actions and it ends up resulting in everyone playing loose and growing apathetic.

I think from a sheer stand point of "is it optimal" I think you are probably right but I think it hurts us more then it benefits us.
In post 2197, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 2186, Lady 1 wrote:I'm just gonna sit on the only pair I feel some amount of confidence in even if no one will join me
VOTE: Gent 3/Lady 6
pedit: Okay
Do you think that Gent 7 proposes to Lady 6 when they are both scum?

What are your thoughts on Gent 3?
Depends on whether or not he was doing it as a gambit. I think in general no, they way it played out made me think that L6 didn't have any additional knowledge that it was some kind of ploy. It's not like she was dunking on G7 or doing anything to take it over the top. The incredibly casual disregard of the offer makes me think she is likely to be town and was being brought into something. Obviously I have a bias of already town reading the slot which is likely impacting this conclusion sub consciously.
In post 2204, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 2200, Lady 6 wrote:Also G5, I want to know how your read on L8 has progressed since you've paired with her.
I don't see a connection between Gent 7 and Ghosty 8, so the flip itself doesn't change anything for me.

There is one part where after he starts using AtE/Giving up he says our pair and the ic pair are both town, but I don't value that very highly.

She is definitely putting in a lot of effort to read other people in the pt, and I do not see an agenda.

Why use the PT and not the main thread in particular?
Do the thoughts have some kind of need to be kept away from the public, such as it revolving around further actions that she doesn't want to influence.
Or is it just general thoughts and you are sure they aren't tailored to you.
At some point this game I'd like some level of elaboration on what is going on behind the scenes.
In post 2209, Lady 6 wrote:I can't help but shake the feeling that Gentleman 4 is player that I know and also specifically one that I am terrible at reading and it's throwing me a little bit
This is me in regards to Gent 5 a top town read of mine. Words to not describe how much I feel this statement.

Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2222, Gentleman 9 wrote:And I think G3 is a good player to understand the nuance of town scum matches are not necessarily bad, but he's lumping them all trivially in the same bucket
I-yes

I don't think he's ever denied that

*obviously* they are not *necessarily* bad

but in a game where your early priority is to town block and in fact finding a few T-T pairs is a win condition all on its own, it is not optimal from your POV for one of your town reads to pair with not a town read. It also makes getting rid of that pair harder / less optimal if that scum read persists because one half of the pair is a town read

like why are you being so obtuse about this
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2223, Gentleman 9 wrote:The fact that you are just blanketing over seems incredibly disengenuous.
VOTE: L6-g3
I don't really understand what these words even mean
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I truly just think he isn't being obtuse and he is just flipping wolf.

Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2222, Gentleman 9 wrote:This game is not standard mafia in which pairing matters a whole ton compared. Understanding why 5 would want to pair with 8 is critical.
I suppose I'm also still miffed that you said you "didn't buy" my reasons for wanting to pair with Gentleman 3 as if wanting a partner that you can work well with isn't important

like yes I agree pairing matters a whole ton

the reasons for pairing matters a whole tone

but the reasons you are pulling for pushes aren't scum indicative?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Lady 6 »

side note: but I put 0 stock in the argument that Gentleman 9 didn't mention G7 enough or something, I think it's kind of a dumb argument
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Lady 6 »

Gentleman 9, why are you voting my pair over L1.Cry now?
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

wanting a partner that you can work well with is much more important for scum players than town players, that's why I thought you insistence on it is scum indicative
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Lady 6 »

I feel as though it is important *in general* but this feels like a philosophy disagreement
Gentleman 9
Gentleman 9
Goon
Gentleman 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Gentleman 9 »

In post 2241, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 2222, Gentleman 9 wrote:And I think G3 is a good player to understand the nuance of town scum matches are not necessarily bad, but he's lumping them all trivially in the same bucket
I-yes

I don't think he's ever denied that

*obviously* they are not *necessarily* bad

but in a game where your early priority is to town block and in fact finding a few T-T pairs is a win condition all on its own, it is not optimal from your POV for one of your town reads to pair with not a town read. It also makes getting rid of that pair harder / less optimal if that scum read persists because one half of the pair is a town read

like why are you being so obtuse about this
Huh, I guess that makes sense, but my thoughts on this game is that the early priority is to identify potential scum and figure out whether they have a partner that can identify said scum and leave accordingly, since the majority of elimination comes from leaving dances rather than voting

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”