Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2374, Lady 6 wrote:I thought they were fake reads and pushes on town players that G9 either didn't want getting to town read or just pushed to look like he was doing something

his arguments literally seemed made up to me
hmm

to be clear, no issues with his play apart from the pushes he made in this phase of the game?

and out of interest, is the idea that scum are more likely to come up with insane backwards theories that make no sense based on your experience with scum doing this? when i say what was the scum motivation, i mean why does scum do that over, i dunno, literally anything else when it comes to pushing someone
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2334, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 2332, Lady 8 wrote:I think that scum wouldn't want to be partnered together
verifiably incorrect assumption, by the way

(it entirely depends on the players though)
They knew each other before the dance started

Here it's all anon
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i think the point i'm trying to get at is that regardless of gentleman 9's alignment, it should have been obvious that he
thought
what he was saying made sense, even if it didn't actually

it was never a question to me of "does what he's saying actually make sense?" but a question of "does his line of thinking come from a town place?"

so i guess i'm trying to understand why you thought it didn't beyond "it didn't make sense"
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2377, Gentleman 5 wrote:They knew each other before the dance started

Here it's all anon
my mind is blown
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

unless you're suggesting "the only reason scum would ever want to partner together in a setup like this is if they know each other", not sure what point you're getting at
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2380, Gentleman 8 wrote:unless you're suggesting "the only reason scum would ever want to partner together in a setup like this is if they know each other", not sure what point you're getting at
That's the only time scum have ever paired together, right?

From what I've seen, most people are very resistant to pairing with their scum partner in this setup.

I was tin foiling that they'd be performing theatre to make it look like Gent 7 wanted to pair with Lady 6, but not that they were actually
wanted
to be paired together.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

ok, i'm just going to flat-out tell you that if i were ever scum in this setup and i thought one of the players i was scum with had a decent chance of making it to endgame, i would seriously consider partnering with them

i actually think this gives better winning odds than partnering with someone that potentially gets paranoid of you

you are free to agree or disagree

that's why i say it's dependent on the players

and that's why i disregard the blunt "scum don't want to partner together"

though yes, putting on an act is another potential scenario. it's one of the things i was looking at between gentleman 4 and lady 6 very early on
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

I'm following along with people who are saying that gent 9 is more likely to be town now

And also with Gent 4 saying I just can't read him, and Lady 4 kind of vouching there
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

Oh no I townread my partner that means I need to start caring if people start to vote our pair.

Nooooooooooooo
Doesn't know how to dance
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

Gent 8, I seriously doubt the world where Gent 7 goes rogue and tries to pair with his scum mate without asking about it in the scum thread first

That's not how people operate, in my opinion
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2186, Lady 1 wrote:I'm just gonna sit on the only pair I feel some amount of confidence in even if no one will join me
VOTE: Gent 3/Lady 6
pedit: Okay
Why do you suspect this pair?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

VOTE: G6/L1
:wink:
I don't get why we are townreading G9 for assuming that there is only one vote out per dance. It seems consistent with his earlier philosophy that mafia want to pair with people that they can work well with, but I don't find it town indicative and it's more like it explains his earlier pushes. Still need to re-evaluate his slot as a whole, but that's what I'm thinking.
In post 2383, Gentleman 5 wrote:And also with Gent 4 saying I just can't read him, and Lady 4 kind of vouching there
What?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

i don't think scum go out of their way to get a partnership with one particular town player, to the exclusion of all others though? that's not how people operate, in my opinion

so present to me the scenario in which lady 6 is town and gentleman 7 pursues lady 6 like he did and how that makes sense (disregarding my "intense love of seals" theory please)
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

Gentleman Volatile 8 you'll have to forgive me if I'm extremely paranoid of your slot by now
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 2388, Gentleman 8 wrote:so present to me the scenario in which lady 6 is town and gentleman 7 pursues lady 6 like he did and how that makes sense
G7 was just trolling and trying to make a showy/townie entrance. Nothing more to it imo, and as L7 said, I feel like L6 would have tried to pull off more of a distance if they were w/w.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Lady 1 »

Still feel fine about Lady 4 on a re read.
Doesn't know how to dance
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2291, Gentleman 4 wrote:Is it just because you are having trouble reading me?
This is what I'm referring to
Lady 1 wrote:Still feel fine about Lady 4 on a re read.
Same here
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 2392, Gentleman 5 wrote:This is what I'm referring to
I still don't get what makes you want my slot gone. I'm not saying that I should be a hard read for you and I don't think L4 is either.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2388, Gentleman 8 wrote:i don't think scum go out of their way to get a partnership with one particular town player, to the exclusion of all others though? that's not how people operate, in my opinion

so present to me the scenario in which lady 6 is town and gentleman 7 pursues lady 6 like he did and how that makes sense (disregarding my "intense love of seals" theory please)
He enters the thread not having read anything before where he enters, or only skimming

He tries to pair with what to him looks to be the towniest looking lady

He never really explains why when asked

He tries to look like town by tone

Is that a reasonable scenario for his play?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 2393, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 2392, Gentleman 5 wrote:This is what I'm referring to
I still don't get what makes you want my slot gone. I'm not saying that I should be a hard read for you and I don't think L4 is either.
Because I don't townread you like I townread other people, and I don't know where else to vote

I am rethinking it now
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2390, Gentleman 4 wrote:G7 was just trolling and trying to make a showy/townie entrance. Nothing more to it imo, and as L7 said, I feel like L6 would have tried to pull off more of a distance if they were w/w.
it is certainly possible that lady 6 is town and that gentleman 7 entered the game with the mindset that what he was doing would seem town and lady 6 would accept his proposal

that doesn't really seem like a very successful approach to courting a woman, as evidenced by, you know, what happened in the game, but like... also just two seconds of thought would probably help anyone come to the same conclusion

so this doesn't really answer the question of why gentleman 7 did what he did, unless you're saying he actually thought lady 6 would be swept off her feet by the power of his charisma and have no choice but to accept his incredible offer? or are you saying he didn't really care if she did or did not and was just doing it for shits and giggles? because if it was just for shits and giggles, it doesn't tell me much about lady 6...
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

I just think he thought it would be townread
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2394, Gentleman 5 wrote:He tries to pair with what to him looks to be the towniest looking lady

He never really explains why when asked

He tries to look like town by tone

Is that a reasonable scenario for his play?
same question to you, then: do you think he thought what he was doing was conducive to success?

i'm trying to understand why he felt the urge to immediately do it at the expense of all else (including shutting down other potential partners) and think that this was better than, say... literally anything else

like i think if lady 6 is town, you think he thought his approach was the best way to win her hand?

i guess it's possible, but i still think it's a bit more likely he's the kind of person who has posters of seals covering every inch of his wall and drifts off to sleep each night thinking about them than that he thought what he was doing was going to work
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

I don't understand the case for G9!town

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”