Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2573, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2548, Gentleman 5 wrote:My current theory is that Gent 2 is scum and Lady 4 is town
Then you're wrong.
this is not gonna convince anyone
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 2568, Gentleman 5 wrote:Lady 4 I think you are town and Gent 2 is mafia
It looks like you don't want to engage with Lady 4 so you push the weakest link of the pair.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:48 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 2575, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 2548, Gentleman 5 wrote:My current theory is that Gent 2 is scum and Lady 4 is town
Then you're wrong.
You're terribly underestimating scum. If you think the game is easy, you're definitely wrong.
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 2570, Lady 3 wrote:I am working off the assumption that L7 is one of the most post-heavy-each-alignment players in the playerbase, and still drawing the conclusion that her level of engagement is town indicative based on that
if, because i don't know her identity, I have erred, and she is actually 150 posts over quota instead of 50, that only makes her even more towny

that is why you are being dumb
I think it's scummy rather than towny, I'm not as eager to believe you're dumb as L7 is. I believe in you
First of all, don't call me dumb.

Second of all if L7 is a player who posts a lot as either alignment that makes it even more NAI. You working off an assumption is incorrect in the first place.

A post count is only townie or scummy depending on the player in question and the meta they have. Having a larger post count does not make someone townie nor does it make someone with a lower post count wolfy.
Doesn't know how to dance
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:56 am

Post by Lady 3 »

Do you think there's a non-neglible number of players that consistently posts more (and what they're posting isn't fluff) as scum rather than town?
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2577, Gentleman 2 wrote:
Then you're wrong.
You're terribly underestimating scum. If you think the game is easy, you're definitely wrong.
ok but you need to do the work to show us you're town if you are
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2576, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2568, Gentleman 5 wrote:Lady 4 I think you are town and Gent 2 is mafia
It looks like you don't want to engage with Lady 4 so you push the weakest link of the pair.
i will say i am kind of getting this impression from some
I think L3 is pushing us just to get me off her back
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 2478, Gentleman 9 wrote: the key thing you repeatedly mention here is inconsistency? Can you elaborate why its inconsistent/which parts.

I also think I addressed the playing "tactically" around G7, but Idk why you are unhappy with it.
The inconsistency I feel is how you opened the game vs how you are currently pushing people as scum.
And I think the tactically around G7 is something that would be relatively hard for you address given it sort of already happened.

I don't think these are either points that can be addressed, like it's an I am either wrong or right situation and I am sorry if I am falling on the former right now.

I am starting to think you could be town for other reasons, like your posts on the current page aren't that bad in all honesty. But everyone this game to some degree looks town.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Lady 1 »

In post 2579, Lady 3 wrote:Do you think there's a non-neglible number of players that
consistently
posts more (and what they're posting isn't fluff) as scum rather than town?
the bold part is your problem. Someone can post a ton in anon and almost little on main. But if I was to answer that question at a baseline I'd say: It depends. On mafia scum probably a bit more town than scum but not enough that it would make something so simple as a post count AI. You acting like it's some reach theory coming out of left field for me to dare call Lady 7 a town lean instead of town is???
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 2579, Lady 3 wrote:Do you think there's a non-neglible number of players that consistently posts more (and what they're posting isn't fluff) as scum rather than town?
I'd say every scumteam should have at least one good scum. Gent 7 was probably the scum who couldn't keep up with the thread so he fell off. The other two scum must be in a fairly good spot if not better.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Lady 3 wrote:Do you think there's a non-neglible number of players that consistently posts more (and what they're posting isn't fluff) as scum rather than town?
That would technically be me, on my main.
I'm not sure that there's that many others that still play that subscribe to the "beat town via noise" strategy being a viable option. That said, given this is a secret alt game, who knows how many other old fossils are here with me.
In post 2582, Lady 7 wrote:But everyone this game to some degree looks town.
That really is the problem, isn't it? It's why my reads are done by approaching from the top not the bottom.

I have reasons to townread every slot in this game to some minute degree.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 2570, Lady 3 wrote:I am working off the assumption that L7 is one of the most post-heavy-each-alignment players in the playerbase, and still drawing the conclusion that her level of engagement is town indicative based on that
if, because i don't know her identity, I have erred, and she is actually 150 posts over quota instead of 50, that only makes her even more towny

I think it's scummy rather than towny, I'm not as eager to believe you're dumb as L7 is. I believe in you
I think only scum would want to be this stupid.
But the G6.anime read list isn't persuading me I shouldn't kill that slot so I have the bias of thinking the pair must only include 1 scum.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Lady 7 »

I think only scum would want to be this stupid.
But the G6.anime read list isn't persuading me I shouldn't kill that slot so I have the bias of thinking the pair must only include 1 scum.

Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 2580, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 2577, Gentleman 2 wrote:
Then you're wrong.
ok but you need to do the work to show us you're town if you are
I can't do anything if you confbias on your other townreads.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Lady 3 »

I mean if you're trying to say it's weakly town indicative instead of strongly town indicative we're not disagreeing, but if you're saying it's null then that's where I think you'r silly
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Lady 7 »

err I don't think scum would want to be this stupid.
Like L1's approach on saying I am posting like town but it's not fully town.

Is such a backwards take that I think it comes from town idk.

Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Lady 1 »

okay I'm just gonna leave because I don't enjoy being called dumb and stupid for having a take that is opinion based and not fact based.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2584, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2579, Lady 3 wrote:Do you think there's a non-neglible number of players that consistently posts more (and what they're posting isn't fluff) as scum rather than town?
I'd say every scumteam should have at least one good scum. Gent 7 was probably the scum who couldn't keep up with the thread so he fell off. The other two scum must be in a fairly good spot if not better.
I appreciate you trying to think about the game but this is just gambler's fallacy.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Lady 7 »

Anyway I think G2 is still town here.

If he ever won that 1v1 against G7 which is something town decide not the respective scum teams, then G7.Vampire just always died no the spot.
Basically what ends up happening is we see the G2 scum flip and we ask "why sacrifice yourself instead of just pairing up yourself, the outcome he got is objectively worse even if he dies down the line".

We realize that makes no sense then we kill G7 always. I just don't get it as a line of play.

Lady 1
Lady 1
Goon
Lady 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Lady 1 »

You can disagree with someone without being a jerk about it. Please learn how thank you.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Lady 3 »

don't leave if you're town
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 2592, Lady 3 wrote:
I appreciate you trying to think about the game but this is just gambler's fallacy.
It's not gambler's fallacy, it's common sense. A team of potatoes can't win, but a team of good-positioned scum can win if town goes for the potatoes.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2596, Gentleman 2 wrote:
It's not gambler's fallacy, it's common sense. A team of potatoes can't win, but a team of good-positioned scum can win if town goes for the potatoes.
yes it is entirely possible that scum cannot win this game; the scumteam is full of potatoes. There is no reason to remove that possibility.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 2591, Lady 1 wrote:okay I'm just gonna leave because I don't enjoy being called dumb and stupid for having a take that is opinion based and not fact based.
I didn't mean to call you stupid I just think the take as a whole is bad but it bred from town paranoia over a wolf thinking it's a reasonable line to take.

Sorry about that.

Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 2597, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 2596, Gentleman 2 wrote:
yes it is entirely possible that scum cannot win this game; the scumteam is full of potatoes. There is no reason to remove that possibility.
It's why as a paramedic you should always assume the worst.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”