Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2649, Lady 5 wrote:What was G9’s townslip/roughly where is it?
Spoiler:
In post 2336, Gentleman 9 wrote:so i realized
In post 2337, Gentleman 9 wrote:i misunderstood the setup in that I thought each dance has exactly 1 vote phase... so there could be in total 2 executions at most :S
In post 2338, Gentleman 9 wrote:so i put a lot of emphasis on leaving as the key mechanism to get mafia...

In post 2649, Lady 5 wrote:What were the conclusions (if any) about G7’s thing for seals?
mostly that it doesn't really make sense in any scenario but that it probably doesn't clear me because it doesn't make sense in that scenario either
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2646, Lady 6 wrote:Lady 4, why do you scum read Gent 9
he's moreso a case of other people are more townie
but I do dislike some of his posts, he feels coasty
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Lady 3 »

there's no reason to believe g7 is particularly fond of seals versus g7 was playing towards the wincon of a certain subteam. The "joke" is the former is easier on the brain and g8 as lazy IC posting the analysis can just choose to believe g7 has a seal fetish in his analysis
part of my bloodcraving for L4 is that L4 was a living lady at the time G7 arbitrarily selected L6 to proposition and I feel like it doesn't take much skim of the thread to decide L4 would be more likely (still less likely than 50%, but more likely) to accept than L6 which suggests L4 may be scum
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2493, Gentleman 6 wrote:
Tier S+ “Uh, setup says Hi”
{Gent the 8th, Gent the 6th}

That's right, I'm going to actually towncase myself. I'd say "deal with it" but I suppose this one is gonna get skipped. Assuming you read literally nothing of the current-me's as town indicative, there's still one HUGE marker towards "The player who overwhelm-replaced is genuine in their inexperience and replace-out reasoning" that seems to be getting severely glossed over or flat out hasn't been considered yet.

That is to say... this global rule:
Spoiler:
Subject: A Gentle Reminder about Replacement Rules
Untrod Tripod wrote:
A Reminder of Replacement Rules:

Due to a recent uptick in reports regarding public discussion of replacements coupled with an influx of returning members, we would like to provide a brief reminder about the rule change as of April 2019 that we have made regarding replacements.
3. Replacements, while sometimes necessary, also serve as an outside influence. As such, do not tell other players to replace out. Do not publicly threaten to replace out of a game. If you do need to replace out, do not publicly discuss your reasons or anything else, as you are no longer a player in the game. PM your game moderator if you are considering replacing out or have concerns and believe another player should be replaced out.

4. Once a replace-out request has been made public by the moderator, the player replacing out is to stop posting in the game. The player is not allowed to replace back into the game or rescind their request. If a moderator wants to allow any deviation from these rules, it must be stated explicitly in their rule set.
We have been lenient with reminders/notifications instead of official warnings over the previous year as the site adjusted to these changes. This PSA serves as a public notification that we will not be lenient moving forward. To simplify things:

All
replacement requests (replacing in or replacing out) must be done via PM with your moderator. Once the moderator has acknowledged (publicly or privately) that your replace out request has been received, you may not rescind the request. There are no exceptions to this rule.
2. Telling other players to replace out is strictly prohibited.
3. Publicly threatening to replace out of a game is strictly prohibited.
4. After you have sent the replacement request to the mod, or the mod notifies you that you are being replaced, you may not post in the game thread.

This is not an attempt to prohibit replacing out of games. The purpose of this rule is to eliminate metagaming, whether it is by making threats of replacing out to create the impression of emotional distress or by telling someone to leave the game to do the same. As we have stated in other public announcements, mafia functions on a social contract. Faking out-of-game emotional reactions to manipulate other players is similar to faking out-of-game personal crises for the purpose of manipulation. We expect our players to treat each other with basic decency. Everyone is here to play a game. Social manipulation will take place within the context of the game. There is enough ugliness in the world already, let's not create more in this space for the purpose of a minor edge within a game at the expense of other's emotional well-being.

If a game moderator wishes to deviate from these rules, it
must
be explicitly stated in their rule set. Implications of a rule change do not count.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What if the game moderator force-replaces me but I want to replace back into the slot?
A: You must PM the moderator.

Q: What if it's in their rule set that I am allowed to replace back in if a replacement hasn't been found yet?
A: Unless their rule set explicitly states that you may post in the thread after you have been notified that you are being force-replaced, you may not post in the thread.

Q: What if someone is causing me real emotional distress?
A: If someone is creating a hostile environment in game, outside of the normal bounds of mafia, report their posts.

Any player that has been here for some time is going to be aware of this rule. Does an established or otherwise knowledgable player risk the global "no public replaces rule" JUST to replace out with towncred? I know I certainly can't sit here and say that such a trade would ever be worth it in my book.

And yet, here's my predecessor doing just that:
In post 269, Gentleman 6 wrote:I'm overwhelmed by the amount of posts and the alt names and I'm going to replace out, as opposed to struggling through this. I bit off more than I could chew (this is my second game), I need to ease into some micros or something before I try another large theme game. Good luck everyone, I hope everyone slays it (it being mafia) on the dance floor! Hopefully since we're only a few hours into the game, my replacement won't have too much trouble catching up.
...being overwhelmed doesn’t really impact alignment you know. Scum can have genuine emotion that they play off of.
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Lady 6 »

Lady 4, I've been meaning to ask you, and this was a long time ago so if you don't remember oh well, but is there a reason you weren't curious why Gent 7 found you "not as good?" Additionally, who were you hoping to pair with at this point in the game?

Spoiler:
In post 625, Gentleman 7 wrote:
I ask Lady 6 to the dance.

Definitely the cutest, most honorable and townie looking lady.
In post 626, Lady 4 wrote:Why 6?
In post 627, Gentleman 7 wrote:I don't trust Lady 1.

2 and 4 aren't as good.
In post 628, Lady 4 wrote:Wut about 5?
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2507, Gentleman 8 wrote:btw, just as a general reminder, be wary of putting people a couple at L-1 if we aren't ready for the conversations to end

(i know that isn't a danger for the first couple that gets voted out but still good practice to keep in mind)
still good to mention now, people can get hasty with leaving sometimes
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2526, Lady 2 wrote:I townread L1 from very early on and she hasn't done anything to merit that read changing. She's adopting a playstyle that the vast majority of people would be either unable or unwilling to fake as scum-- spontaneous, unconcerned with consistency or appearance, provocative (see the princess thing), and also at the same time interested in solving and understanding the game. I could link posts but I think I would just end up linking her entire ISO as evidence of this.
I can kinda see that but I also don’t like the approach I’ve seen from her and the things she seems to be pushing are questionable, especially early on
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

reading someone on playstyle seems like a very silly idea in an anonymous game
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

why do you need separate axes for town and scum

btw where’s G6’s continuation of his reads
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2560, Lady 4 wrote:i understand why our pair is being voted and it pisses me off cuz I like this game but whatever
G2 can't be allowed to live to endgame
In post 2561, Lady 4 wrote:we haven't talked at all in our PT btw
yikes
In post 2566, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 2558, Lady 4 wrote:i dislike G6's readslist esp his self-towncase based on replacement (which is ???)

i have too many scumreads ugh
but they're all confined to three pairs which is nice
Self towncase comes from town probably because that’s a pretty shady reason he used.
could you explain? I’m trying to piece together what the logic might be and am drawing a blank
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 2660, Gentleman 1 wrote:could you explain? I’m trying to piece together what the logic might be and am drawing a blank
I was thinking that scum wouldn't try to stretch the logic that far in trying to prove themselves town. He was referencing the old G6's replace out and I don't think scum would try to use that as a defense.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2592, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 2584, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 2579, Lady 3 wrote:Do you think there's a non-neglible number of players that consistently posts more (and what they're posting isn't fluff) as scum rather than town?
I'd say every scumteam should have at least one good scum. Gent 7 was probably the scum who couldn't keep up with the thread so he fell off. The other two scum must be in a fairly good spot if not better.
I appreciate you trying to think about the game but this is just gambler's fallacy.
I have played games elsewhere that had a rule of including experienced players on the scumteam, it was a very controversial rule

I don’t think that’s the case for this game fyi
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2661, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 2660, Gentleman 1 wrote:could you explain? I’m trying to piece together what the logic might be and am drawing a blank
I was thinking that scum wouldn't try to stretch the logic that far in trying to prove themselves town. He was referencing the old G6's replace out and I don't think scum would try to use that as a defense.
I’ll wait to see if I agree until G6 responds to my rebuttal then, as I think that’s important to interpreting the logic
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2603, Gentleman 2 wrote:Gentleman 5 and Lady 2 are the most suspicious here.
I’m honestly more interested in G5 since several have expressed interest in L2 and I already have a bit of an opinion on L2, though it’s rather predicated on other conclusions.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2614, Lady 3 wrote:man
g6 spares what little time he has in the day audio logs the contents of his heart into his PT on his drive to work
L7 is posting the special edition read pyramids in her PT for her man
G5 and L8 are discussing reads together and probably blackboarding
and my PT is "could you please vote L4 since you said you scumread her and you're vanity wagoning right now??" "Wow do you really think the team is Lady 4 + me exactly you must be bad"
lol

could you actually fill me in a little bit more on what’s happened in your PT, I’m interested in what else G9 has been saying.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2622, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 2617, Lady 7 wrote:My thing on G3 SNIP
We should restrict this to content characteristics and not content volume, because this game is hyperactive and there's every indication G3 is posting just as much as he can within his lifestyle

But with that constraint in place his most recent takes are not as spicy as the L8 scumcase entrance I'd agree and that's a cattle prod for a search for other potential final pairs
well I have to object to that because I myself am working around a rather busy irl (though I’ll probably get a small reprieve for the weekend), but I am managing a fair amount of content and game advancement imo. Because of that, I am skeptical about the idea that it’s solely lifestyle getting in the way there.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2637, Lady 3 wrote:Your triangle isn't too different from mine, which makes me hope it's just an easy game?
how many people have triangles rn, might consider making one myself
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

well good luck, i hear it's pretty difficult to draw three lines though
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 2663, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 2661, Gentleman 4 wrote:
I’ll wait to see if I agree until G6 responds to my rebuttal then, as I think that’s important to interpreting the logic
The implication is that scum either makes that post in their scum PT instead of the main thread, or has their hopefully one non-lurksack (since we know G7 was a lurksack) partner helping them and doesn't feel as overwhelmed.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2653, Lady 3 wrote:there's no reason to believe g7 is particularly fond of seals versus g7 was playing towards the wincon of a certain subteam. The "joke" is the former is easier on the brain and g8 as lazy IC posting the analysis can just choose to believe g7 has a seal fetish in his analysis
part of my bloodcraving for L4 is that L4 was a living lady at the time G7 arbitrarily selected L6 to proposition and I feel like it doesn't take much skim of the thread to decide L4 would be more likely (still less likely than 50%, but more likely) to accept than L6 which suggests L4 may be scum
this seems valid, I do still need to evaluate L4 and L6 so I may well come to agree with this

pedit: yeah that
does
seem like a stretch but I think I can agree that G6 is town despite (or more like because of) it
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 2659, Gentleman 1 wrote:btw where’s G6’s continuation of his reads
If this game wans't moving so fast to be considered chaotic, I'd accuse you of not having read the several posts I made addressing that I play this game two different ways due to my IRL obligations and time distribution.

Here, I have gone ahead and quoted the relevant posts in my ISO for ya.

In post 2483, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 2458, Lady 7 wrote:I am waiting for the G6.Anime catch up now since he was my other scum read I've been waiting on.
Hi.

I accidentally went from "Snuggle the wife asleep, there's NO WAY I'll fall asleep with her" to "Oh fucking hell it's 2AM and you need to go catch up, wake the fuck up idiot" thoughts.

So here I am. I wanted to start by outlining my current townblock, in forms of a tierlist. Along with deeply passionate cases for each. So I'll do that.
In post 2501, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 2497, Lady 3 wrote:it's probably rough for you to be playing this game on what's frankly a normal schedule when a lot of it is getting played live/near live but contributing on reasoning for the pivotal possible endgame slots like L8 and G1 could really improve our win percent.
It's currently several hours past midnight here. I woke up intentionally to make these posts and am going to be a zombie at work tomorrow because the game deserved the time I promised it when I replaced in. I'm using speech-to-text android auto during my hour long commutes each way to dump my raw thoughts into my PT with Lady the 1st for now, so that I don't forget them. I find it good to just put the raw thoughts somewhere permanent. Forces me to be real about my feelings in a way that's hard to describe.

Having a young one in the house during the time of Covid does not make for a very nice mafia-playing schedule. Hence why I've been sort of all over the place.

I'm not very convinced I'll be alive in endgame. I think these effort-posts being confirmed town from an eventual flip of my slot is going to be very important towards the town win rate odds.
In post 2528, Gentleman 6 wrote:...Three hours of sleep really was not enough, but whatever.

I'm back in live reaction and tinypost mode, the rest of my readsposting can be done tonight when I'm back off duty.

Probably about 8ish hours from now.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2649, Lady 5 wrote:What was G9’s townslip/roughly where is it?

What were the conclusions (if any) about G7’s thing for seals?
you can guess how much attention ive devoted to talking about seal love by the questions shes asking

i honestly... if you read the PT post game, you have my condolences
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

thanks for both quoting those and giving me the benefit of the doubt
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Gentleman 1 »

okay I’m kind of upset no one reacted to my reference

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”